Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,262 members, 7,780,583 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:55 PM

Difference Between Oven Bake And Autobase - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Difference Between Oven Bake And Autobase (26992 Views)

Incredible Car Paint Job, The Need For Oven Bake / Where Can I Get The Best Car Painting Or Oven Bake In Ph - Port Harcourt / Any Good Oven Bake Auto Body Shop In Ibadan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference Between Oven Bake And Autobase by hiscules: 3:03pm On Mar 10, 2018
I have a Camry 2000 which i am looking to sell in the coming months.It has been a faithful car. Because of stains and very smalls dents caused by Lagos kind of driving,I am looking to respray the vehicle. But I have a little challenge

1. People say I should not respray it as this could reduce the value of the car when I am ready to sell it.how true is this??

2. If I choose to paint it, what option do I choose? Ovenbake or autobase?

Cc:gazuzz Kingreign autojosh
Re: Difference Between Oven Bake And Autobase by omogidi234(m): 4:12pm On Mar 10, 2018
No 1 is correct.
Autojosh & co will answer No 2.
Re: Difference Between Oven Bake And Autobase by nurey(m): 8:03pm On Mar 10, 2018
hiscules:
I have a Camry 2000 which i am looking to sell in the coming months.It has been a faithful car. Because of stains and very smalls dents caused by Lagos kind of driving,I am looking to respray the vehicle. But I have a little challenge

1. People say I should not respray it as this could reduce the value of the car when I am ready to sell it.how true is this??

2. If I choose to paint it, what option do I choose? Ovenbake or autobase?

Cc:gazuzz Kingreign autojosh

people says don't respray because most auto painters works are shabby due to car owners budget. can you doll out 150k for repainting?

Autobase is a class of paint used for designing and protection, while ovenbaking is a process of repainting or coating a car.

you can't ovenbake without an Autobase paint both go hand in hand.

17 Likes

Re: Difference Between Oven Bake And Autobase by hiscules: 9:59pm On Mar 10, 2018
nurey:

people says don't respray because most auto painters works are shabby due to car owners budget. can you doll out 150k for repainting?

Autobase is a class of paint used for designing and protection, while ovenbaking is a process of repainting or coating a car.

you can't ovenbake without an Autobase paint both go hand in hand.
oh okay, i found someone who can do the job for 60k. He even worked on a friends car and i really liked it. been considering it.

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between Oven Bake And Autobase by hiscules: 10:08pm On Mar 10, 2018
omogidi234:
No 1 is correct.
Autojosh & co will answer No 2.
thank you very much
Re: Difference Between Oven Bake And Autobase by Whizpeter(m): 10:16pm On Mar 10, 2018
hiscules:
oh okay, i found someone who can do the job for 60k. He even worked on a friends car and i really liked it. been considering it.

He won't use sikkens paint or any good brand at all.
If sikkens paint is to be used, 60k will only get you the paint and materials.
So if you can afford it, go look for a better painter or buy the materials yourself and give to the painter.
Re: Difference Between Oven Bake And Autobase by FreshMekanik: 5:43am On Mar 11, 2018
Every paint will shine and look fine after respraying, but what happiness after 3,4,5,6,... months? This is why you need a high quality paint.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Difference Between Oven Bake And Autobase by Bsideboi(m): 6:38am On Mar 11, 2018
Pay us a visit at Ikeja ...let's do a price quotation for you.Top quality paint,Oven bake and I can say our Bodywork guys are very good.Send me a WhatsApp message if you are interested.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Difference Between Oven Bake And Autobase by hiscules: 1:34pm On Mar 11, 2018
Bsideboi, can we see some of your works?? The way it is,i might just sell d car that way.

4 Likes

Re: Difference Between Oven Bake And Autobase by Nobody: 9:48pm On Mar 11, 2018
hiscules:
Pls u wnt to oven bake my car too. Can u link me up with someone arnd festac. Thanks
Re: Difference Between Oven Bake And Autobase by hiscules: 8:50pm On Mar 18, 2018
Whizpeter:

He won't use sikkens paint or any good brand at all.
If sikkens paint is to be used, 60k will only get you the paint and materials.
So if you can afford it, go look for a better painter or buy the materials yourself and give to the painter.
can you run a quote of the number of paint and cost. Won't mind buying myself and pay the guy well to handle the job, at least that way am certain that i wont get and inferior job.
Re: Difference Between Oven Bake And Autobase by Whizpeter(m): 10:34pm On Mar 18, 2018
hiscules:
can you run a quote of the number of paint and cost. Won't mind buying myself and pay the guy well to handle the job, at least that way am certain that i wont get and inferior job.

Sikkens have a distributor somewhere in Akoka, ask around.
Check the sticker/tag on the driver's side door for your car's colour code, take the colour code to them and they will give you the right paint and materials for your car and the right quantity too..
Budget that 60k for the paint and materials, don't worry you'd have some change.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Difference Between Oven Bake And Autobase by istephen(m): 2:22am On Mar 19, 2018
Small dents can be repaired easily by a reputable body shop.
Re: Difference Between Oven Bake And Autobase by deathwing(m): 11:28am On Mar 20, 2018
Funny thing is, I've been to Sikkens at Akoka before just to gauge the quality of their work. I remember looking at a couple of black SUVs they were painting. It looked so inky black that I was not impressed on closer inspection, especially as the reflections from the paint were slightly rippled (like water) and not like a mirror. My friend was impressed until I took him out again and showed him the quality and character of paint on my 20yr old golf 3.

I have not seen a Nigerian painter that would really impress me sha, but I hope to find one.

8 Likes

Re: Difference Between Oven Bake And Autobase by hibrahim(m): 10:22am On Mar 22, 2020
deathwing:
Funny thing is, I've been to Sikkens at Akoka before just to gauge the quality of their work. I remember looking at a couple of black SUVs they were painting. It looked so inky black that I was not impressed on closer inspection, especially as the reflections from the paint were slightly rippled (like water) and not like a mirror. My friend was impressed until I took him out again and showed him the quality and character of paint on my 20yr old golf 3.

I have not seen a Nigerian painter that would really impress me sha, but I hope to find one.

Do You mean there are no good painters in Nigeria? There is one company called KETT In abuja , they usually charge 250k or more. I think they are ok. Or have you later found somewhere else?
Re: Difference Between Oven Bake And Autobase by legalwealth(m): 10:36am On Mar 22, 2020
hibrahim:

Do You mean there are no good painters in Nigeria? There is one company called KETT In abuja , they usually charge 250k or more. I think they are ok. Or have you later found somewhere else?

They are kind of good but their fee is just unnecessarily too much.

They were billing N250,000 last price for an Honda 2005 with no single body work, which they also confirmed after they physically inspected it.

I also met one BMW that they just finished baking at their workshop and I wasn't impressed at all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Difference Between Oven Bake And Autobase by legalwealth(m): 10:43am On Mar 22, 2020
FreshMekanik:
Every paint will shine and look fine after respraying, but what happiness after 3,4,5,6,... months? This is why you need a high quality paint.

Even with high quality paint, quality materials and professionalism are needed else the paint will be peeling off in few months and after little hit or so.

Someone once used quality sikkens and the job came out very fine only for it to be peeling after few months.

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between Oven Bake And Autobase by Hoodbilonia: 11:43pm On Mar 22, 2020
My brother once it has left factory.
Nothing like factory paint standard
Painters for here na nonsense

9 Likes

Re: Difference Between Oven Bake And Autobase by hibrahim(m): 11:46pm On Mar 22, 2020
legalwealth:

They are kind of good but their fee is just unnecessarily too much.

They were billing N250,000 last price for an Honda 2005 with no single body work, which they also confirmed after they physically inspected it.

I also met one BMW that they just finished baking at their workshop and I wasn't impressed at all.

Do you know any other good oven painter in abuja that spray at affordable price?
Re: Difference Between Oven Bake And Autobase by legalwealth(m): 2:07am On Mar 23, 2020
hibrahim:

Do you know any other good oven painter in abuja that spray at affordable price?

There is one around gudu close to mrpartsng pick up centre over there.

Can't remember the name of the company right now but I will update this thread once I can remember.
Re: Difference Between Oven Bake And Autobase by joungblood(m): 2:19am On Mar 23, 2020
My Honda civic 2008 car is still available for sell ooo. Distress sale
Location is sango ota
Call or whatsapp me on 08125670754
500k slightly negotiable
Little body work
Driver window not going down(electrical work)
Car works and drive fine
It's been parked n not being used because owner just relocated out the country and now this car needs to go.. Good fuel economy, if u want to come use it for uber higher purchase, then 300k down payment..

Re: Difference Between Oven Bake And Autobase by hibrahim(m): 9:32am On Mar 23, 2020
legalwealth:

Can't remember the name of the company right now but I will update this thread once I can remember.

Please do it as soon as possible for a brother. I'll greatly appreciate it. Hope its oven spray?
Re: Difference Between Oven Bake And Autobase by legalwealth(m): 11:14am On Mar 23, 2020
hibrahim:

Please do it as soon as possible for a brother. I'll greatly appreciate it. Hope its oven spray?

Alright.

Yes it oven spray! !!
Re: Difference Between Oven Bake And Autobase by KINGreignn: 11:33am On Mar 23, 2020
I don't know about others and the quality they offer, but my paint process though expensive, are top notch and would compete favourably with factory paint.

3 Likes

Re: Difference Between Oven Bake And Autobase by hibrahim(m): 9:06pm On Apr 17, 2020
legalwealth:

I'm still expecting the address from you please
Re: Difference Between Oven Bake And Autobase by legalwealth(m): 9:36pm On Apr 17, 2020
hibrahim:

I'm still expecting the address from you please

An apology that it escaped my mind plus I've not been to Gudu all these while.

I should be able to go there after we are out of lockdown.
Re: Difference Between Oven Bake And Autobase by NaijadrivaCars: 9:50pm On Apr 17, 2020
Autoklash nko? tongue

I see why some people can fight if you scratch their clean cars.

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between Oven Bake And Autobase by hibrahim(m): 8:03pm On Nov 05, 2020
legalwealth:

An apology that it escaped my mind plus I've not been to Gudu all these while.

I should be able to go there after we are out of lockdown.

Good day bro, still on our discussion. Please can you still get me the name of the paint company you recommended for me at gudu areas?? I'll greatly appreciate it
Re: Difference Between Oven Bake And Autobase by Carbuyer83: 11:04am On Apr 15, 2021
Please which one is better among Sikkens, Capci and PPG paints? Unbiased opinion please.
Re: Difference Between Oven Bake And Autobase by dicksonadams(m): 11:30am On Apr 15, 2021
If you don't mind, use the 30k paint job, tell your painter to use 2k clear coat and apply at least 4 layers... And then wet sand after 2 week with 2000+ grit sand paper and then polish with a polishing wheel, the output would be good. It should serve you at least 3 years if you park outside or more if you park in a garage. But make sure you wax the car once every 3 month.

The key to good paint output is the expertise of the painter. I personally wouldn't do the 250k paint job for regular Lagos car ride and wax once 3 month
Re: Difference Between Oven Bake And Autobase by Carbuyer83: 10:50pm On Apr 15, 2021
dicksonadams:
If you don't mind, use the 30k paint job, tell your painter to use 2k clear coat and apply at least 4 layers... And then wet sand after 2 week with 2000+ grit sand paper and then polish with a polishing wheel, the output would be good. It should serve you at least 3 years if you park outside or more if you park in a garage. But make sure you wax the car once every 3 month.

The key to good paint output is the expertise of the painter. I personally wouldn't do the 250k paint job for regular Lagos car ride and wax once 3 month

Thanks.
Re: Difference Between Oven Bake And Autobase by Fuhrerfran6(m): 11:31pm On Sep 24, 2021
KINGreignn:
I don't know about others and the quality they offer, but my paint process though expensive, are top notch and would compete favourably with factory paint.

Are you in enugu? If no..do you have anyone here that does paint correction or that can help me clean up bumper scratches?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Review Of Emir Sanusi Vintage's Car: Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith / Knowledge 101: Which Engine Oil To Buy? / Here Is What You Should Do When Your Car Gets Stolen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.