Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

Gurus Please Get In Here - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Gurus Please Get In Here (918 Views)

Laptop Gurus Please Recommend A Laptop For Me / Computer Gurus - Please Come In / Game And Computer Gurus Please Help Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gurus Please Get In Here by dotedote: 4:37pm On Mar 10, 2018
Good day to you IT Wizards in the house.
My EliteBook 8460p has had its screen shattered for some months now and the laptop has since then been nothing but a powerbank to me. I was watching a movie last night when a thought just crossed my mind. It is the possibility of connecting my laptop to a flatscreen monitor that's been laying fallow in the house for some years. What I just need to know is the type of cable that does the connection.
Pls anyone with the knowledge of this kinda connection should please help.
Re: Gurus Please Get In Here by greatnaija01: 4:39pm On Mar 10, 2018
go and buy an HDMI cable... and you would be able to connect NOT only Monitor but even FLAT SCREEN TVS.

its simple. and you can browse with it and do every single thing you want with it.
dotedote:
Good day to you IT Wizards in the house.
My EliteBook 8460p has had its screen shattered for some months now and the laptop has since then been nothing but a powerbank to me. I was watching a movie last night when a thought just crossed my mind. It is the possibility of connecting my laptop to a flatscreen monitor that's been laying fallow in the house for some years. What I just need to know is the type of cable that does the connection.
Pls anyone with the knowledge of this kinda connection should please help.
Re: Gurus Please Get In Here by dotedote: 4:56pm On Mar 10, 2018
greatnaija01:
go and buy an HDMI cable... and you would be able to connect NOT only Monitor but even FLAT SCREEN TVS.

its simple. and you can browse with it and do every single thing you want with it.

Unlike my former laptop, this is t
he only connection port for this laptop.
My last HP laptop had HDMI spelt out at its space.
As for the type of space (in the uploaded picture) what type of cable would it be ?
Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Please Help! My PC Is Showing "Enter Administrator Password" / Become A Professional Web Application Security Analyst / Clearance Sale : 22x German Laptops / Notebook For Beginners, Recyclers, Freaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.