Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

Does The American Government Care About The Well Being Of Rap Artists? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Does The American Government Care About The Well Being Of Rap Artists? (1168 Views)

Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ / Local Rap Artists On The Rise. Let Me Know About Some In Your Area. / 2 Rap Artists U Wanta C In A Rap Battle And Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does The American Government Care About The Well Being Of Rap Artists? by dblock(m): 11:28am On Mar 09, 2007
Does the American Government care about the well being of Rap artists

I've being wondering, why it is that rappers are shot and injured left right and centre but there is usually never a properly documented case, with forensic investigators here and there, trying their best to find the culprit.

If Shania Twain, Elton John, Bon Jovi or Prince were gunned down tomorrow, you would have a well publicized and well covered coverage on the issue. The state would get right on the case and sweat blood to find who may have orchestrated such an event.

Rap artists(Rappers) on the other hand have little or no such privilege.

#Tupac Shakuar, got shot in Las Vegas after the Mike Tyson and Seldon fight at the strip were it was very much crowded, and the American government couldn't find the culprit(s). There were so many witnesses there, and there are at least 50 people alive today that know who killed Tupac Shakuar. No real attempts that I am aware of were made to find out who did it.

#Biggie Smalls (Christopher George Latore Wallace) , was killed in 1997.
But his murder case remains a mere mystery. I seriously doubt that he was killed by world class criminals who are sure to cover their every tracks.

And all US police have to show is some freaking picture of the "killer" that at least a million people resemble

His death was reported as "ficticious Bi-coastal rivalry", nothing more.
There are theories that he was killed by the Bloods, but this is all circumstantial and Ill investigated

#Jason Mizell(Run DMC member), was shot dead in Broad daylight in 2002, but no arrests have been made shocked
Yes, yet another rapper killed but again and as usual US police have made no arrests whatsoever and have made no real attempt to allow this ma to rest in peace.

I really wonder, why Rap as a genre is stereotypically seen as Garbage, and even if it is garbage, are the artists that make the music also garbage?. Don't they deserve a chance like everybody else, shouldn't the money and resources of America and other countries be equally available to fund the cases of Rappers that wee unfortunately killed. Tupac gets shot and all they've got is an an autopsy that determines the weapon used and where he was shot.

America can track down Saddam Hussein and Zarquawi in foreign land but they can't find the culprit's of poorly orchestrated murders. I know what you are about to say, that Tupac is far less important to Americans and the rest of the world than Zarqawi, but answer this question If Maddona was killed, wouldn't the American police find at least some decent evidence that explains more than "Her death was because of a feud".

It doesn't help Rap as an industry that there were and are bad names around such as Eazy E, Lil John and people that criticize the government like Kanye West, but despite all these negative things about rap, don't the artists and lyricists of Rap deserve an equal opportunity and a "decent murder case" God Forbid that there should be more.

What do you think ?lipsrsealed

because I sure think that the American and other governments hate Raps, and don't give two shoes about what happens during the life and after the lives of Rappers sad

I do it all!!
Re: Does The American Government Care About The Well Being Of Rap Artists? by naijacutee(f): 2:02pm On Apr 01, 2007
If we are to face the bitter truth, these rap artists bring it on themselves. Why should the government support them when they are helping to disrupt law and order in the society? What genre of music is associated with the most amount of violence?
Re: Does The American Government Care About The Well Being Of Rap Artists? by dblock(m): 1:30am On Apr 02, 2007
But they are Humans nevertheless wink
Re: Does The American Government Care About The Well Being Of Rap Artists? by naijacutee(f): 1:44am On Apr 02, 2007
Of course they are humans! That's why they can change the way they present their music as opposed to wanting the government to support them promote violence. . . Of course I know this doesn't apply to all rappers - There are still some 'good' ones out there wink
Re: Does The American Government Care About The Well Being Of Rap Artists? by dblock(m): 1:47am On Apr 02, 2007
Yeah rappers can be very notorious, Eazy E even got the FBI on his back. But you can't tell me that if Tommy Lee was killed in a Brawl, his death wouldn't be properly investigated. The Law should not discriminate wink
Re: Does The American Government Care About The Well Being Of Rap Artists? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:53am On Apr 02, 2007
naijacutee:

If we are to face the bitter truth, these rap artists bring it on themselves. Why should the government support them when they are helping to disrupt law and order in the society? What genre of music is associated with the most amount of violence?

There isnt really anything more to say.

They live and praise this violent life in their music, at the end they die by it. so what's the problem?
Re: Does The American Government Care About The Well Being Of Rap Artists? by dblock(m): 1:58am On Apr 02, 2007
The law should not discriminate> Even George Bush pleaded that Saddam Hussein Get a fair trial
Re: Does The American Government Care About The Well Being Of Rap Artists? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:04am On Apr 02, 2007
lol Bush is full of shit. He went out of his way for a man who had nothing to do with his "war on terror" then started acting like he gave a damn with his "fair trial" crap, give me a break

sure the law shouldnt descriminate but really there are worse crimes commited against those who dont actually go around sniffing for it that they should be attending to
Re: Does The American Government Care About The Well Being Of Rap Artists? by Seun(m): 2:14am On Apr 02, 2007
It's not the government's fault if rap artists are reckless with their lives and those of others.
Re: Does The American Government Care About The Well Being Of Rap Artists? by tianshie(m): 7:58pm On Apr 03, 2007
What do you think would happen if Eminem were shot?
Re: Does The American Government Care About The Well Being Of Rap Artists? by Seun(m): 1:59am On Apr 04, 2007
Are you planning to shoot him because he is white? Please leave him alone. He's a good boy.
Re: Does The American Government Care About The Well Being Of Rap Artists? by Free(f): 12:10am On Apr 05, 2007
Please leave him alone. He's a good boy.

he he he he lmao grin grin good boy indeed grin

They live and praise this violent life in their music, at the end they die by it. so what's the problem?

i agree
Re: Does The American Government Care About The Well Being Of Rap Artists? by dblock(m): 5:26am On Apr 05, 2007
So basically homicide if the victim lives violently. That's good reasoning I'm 100% for that, you know I'll kill one hooligan tomorrow cos it's alright.

Let's be serious peoples, if The Police don't interfere appropriately into gang violence, as they would to any other form ov violence, the streets will be more chaotic and at the end of the day they'll just sit there eating donuts and say "Boys will be boys" while youths get slaughtered.

The Law is put in place to protect citizens, it is there to preserve society. If they don't protect Rap artists regardless of how notorious they maybe then they'll protect themselves and that's when the Guns come in. Their children will have guns and so on.

Another point is that, a lot of youths have Rap artists as role models, if one day good old "Busta Rhymes", get's capped and the cops can't assure his fans on who may have killed him, then what sortof message will that send across?
Wether you despise violent rap artists or not, the fact is that they are important role models to alot of people. Take Tupac for example, he is more important to some people than the Queen.

Think about it.
Re: Does The American Government Care About The Well Being Of Rap Artists? by Keiser(m): 5:57am On Apr 10, 2007
The reason why the culprits have not been caught is because there are so many suspects in celebrity murder cases.  There has to be a motive.  When a celebrity gets killed it could have been carried out by any crazy person who dissagrees with what the artist was saying or doing.  That could be millions of people.  Who do you go after when there are millions of suspects?

Having said that, I also want to point out that you are very misguided in your understanding of how the investigations in those cases were carried out.  There has probably been more investigation into the biggie and tu-pac murders than any other murder in history (I am not familiar with the run DMC guy though).  That includes police investigations and also private detective investigations.  The main misconception with the Biggie and Tupac murders is people assuming that because the murders are unsolved there must not have been a sufficient effort to investigate them, which is simply untrue. You could also take into account that whoever has the motive to kill a rapper is likely to be affiliated with gang activity, meaning that the person may be somebody who knows a thing or two about how to get away with murder.
Re: Does The American Government Care About The Well Being Of Rap Artists? by dblock(m): 7:47am On Apr 10, 2007
True___but Tupac Shakur wasn't killed in a back alley where nobody could see, he was shot four times by the Las Vegas's MGM Grand Hotel (One of the most congested part of the city), this occurred after the Mike Tyson, seldon fight so there were at least a couple of witnesses. Even MC Hammer was at the scene, but I think the downfall has being the so called "Gangster code of silence". There are at least a dozen people alive today that know who killed Tupac Shakur.

In my opinion, after taking into consideration the facilities that American Forensic facilities and police departments have, they should have found out something by now. His death was due to several shots to the chest(That alone is alot of evidence).

Ballistics
They could identify the bullet, link it with a weapon. They could then go around Weapon dealers, and question them about weapons of the kind that might have been sold. They could have interrogated Orlando Anderson and questioned him about acquaintances that he had. Witnesses could step up and give Information about the vehicle that was used by the culprits. The police could then find all vehicles that matched the description, then review and compare their names and indentity with people that had The type of weapon (Used for the homicide) and had the weapon registered to Nevada. Anyone that had the vehicle as well as a weapon that matched the one used for the murder, or a car similar to the one described by Witnesses, would immediately become a "Hunch"

Serology
This would be ineffective, as He wasn't physically abused

I think that there is more evidence available than most people believe. The police obviously wrked on the case, but I think they gave up halfway. They didn't attempt to get any information from Orlando Anderson or Suge Knight. Orlando most likely wanted Tupac dead, but he was in custody when Tupac was killed, but the fact that he was involved in  brawl should suggest that he may have hired someone to finish what he started(someone linked to him in a way).

More people saw Tupac dead, than the last episode of Seinfeld
- Chris Rock
Re: Does The American Government Care About The Well Being Of Rap Artists? by naijafan(m): 9:23am On Apr 10, 2007
More people saw Tupac dead, than the last episode of Seinfeld
- Chris Rock

wow! the truth is definitely being hidden somewhere. they knw it but they aint telling wink
Re: Does The American Government Care About The Well Being Of Rap Artists? by dblock(m): 11:12am On Apr 10, 2007
Even, Suge Knight said that If he knew something about Tupac's murder, he would never tell the police. This is definitely a Blood Vs Crips fueled homicide, but Tupac's Hommies(Mates) refuse to tell the police anything. It's as if to say
'Whatever happens in the hood, stays in the hood'
Re: Does The American Government Care About The Well Being Of Rap Artists? by Keiser(m): 3:22am On Apr 11, 2007
If the issue has mostly to do with the fact that witnesses will not speak to the police, then perhaps the title of this thread should be changed to something more like
"Do gangsters care about whether or not justice is served for their murdered friends?"

But seriously. If you are interested in the case then do some more research on it. I saw a great special on TV a while back that explained a lot about tupac's murder and the investigation. One part of the show featured a private detective who believes that he found the same car that was used in the drive by. He also thinks he knows who did it. The problem is that there just isn't enough evidence to make an arrest.
Re: Does The American Government Care About The Well Being Of Rap Artists? by dblock(m): 4:20am On Apr 11, 2007
If the car was found, then that is more than enough evidence to find out who orchestrated the crime, and the motives etc. I study Forensics, so I know that there is enough evidence to find out who killed Tupac. There were Ballistics evidence|One suspect|Witnesses. But looking at the case file I think that the Nevada Police service didn't interrogate enough people who expand the possibilities. Forensics isn't about Evidence being handed on a silver platter, but there is enough evidence to put Tupac's killer(s) away.

The topic; "Do gangsters care about whether or not justice is served for their murdered friends?", would be nice, but testimonies aren't the only way around this Case. And just to clarify, Gangsters do care, they just don't speak, because they don't believe in the "Police". With this in mind, that still shouldn't affect the Police's willingness to solve deaths of thugs.

(1) (Reply)

10/26/07 - T.i. Set Free On $3 Mil Bond, Judge Approves House Arrest / Nigerian By Frank D'nero / General Pype Vs. Uchie (African Rockstar) Who's Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.