Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,470 members, 7,781,367 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:17 PM

Songs That Teach You? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Songs That Teach You? (1417 Views)

When A Woman Wants To Teach You A Lesson, Even Satan Sits Down To Take Notes. / Guys, Let Me Teach You A Trick. / 20 Nigerian Love Songs That Will Make Your Valentine Night More Memorable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Songs That Teach You? by Opentokwowledge: 2:12am On Mar 11, 2018
Some songs come with lyrics that are sharp contrasts; line against line so much it seems unintelligible. The message hidden, perhaps something you'll have to define for yourself. In short, Dylanesque. You can call them classics, you can call them food for the soul. I have got a few on my playlist and I would want to have many more. I need generous prescriptions. Thank you!
Re: Songs That Teach You? by SuperSuave(m): 2:51am On Mar 11, 2018
Care to share the ones on your playlist? let's have a feel of what you're referring to
Re: Songs That Teach You? by XhosaNostra(f): 6:13am On Mar 11, 2018
One of my favourites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNbvw68wJjc
[url][/url]

1 Like

Re: Songs That Teach You? by Opentokwowledge: 9:21am On Mar 11, 2018
SuperSuave:
Care to share the ones on your playlist? let's have a feel of what you're referring to
The likes of Lion's Roar - First Aid kit (2011), Wait for me - Motopony (2011), Mack the knife - Bob Darin (1958), North Country Blues - Bob Dylan (1964) ... See what I want now? Any prescriptions? wink
Re: Songs That Teach You? by Fernandowski(m): 9:23am On Mar 11, 2018
Wiz khalifa's does it for me
Re: Songs That Teach You? by Opentokwowledge: 9:43am On Mar 11, 2018
XhosaNostra:
One of my favourites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNbvw68wJjc
[url][/url]
Than you, honey pie. Tis nice. More suggestion puhleease. You don't have to share the link, just scribble them out and I'll check them up wink
Re: Songs That Teach You? by Opentokwowledge: 9:44am On Mar 11, 2018
Fernandowski:
Wiz khalifa's does it for me
Okay, which of his songs?
Re: Songs That Teach You? by Fernandowski(m): 9:48am On Mar 11, 2018
Opentokwowledge:
Okay, which of his songs?
celebrate ft Rico love

Work hard play hard

Elevated

Promises

For everybody ft juicy j

Medicated

Try the game too...... The city ft Kendrick lamer

Better days
Re: Songs That Teach You? by XhosaNostra(f): 10:01am On Mar 11, 2018
Opentokwowledge:
Than you, honey pie. Tis nice. More suggestion puhleease. You don't have to share the link, just scribble them out and I'll check them up wink

I wasn't really sure what you meant by your request, I only posted one of my favourite classics of all time.

Here's another one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCW1i5HQ0o0
[url][/url]
Re: Songs That Teach You? by Opentokwowledge: 10:03am On Mar 11, 2018
Fernandowski:
celebrate ft Rico love

Work hard play hard

Elevated

Promises

For everybody ft juicy j

Medicated

Try the game too...... The city ft Kendrick lamer

Better days

Work hard play hard just doesn't fall in line with the specifications man, it doesnt really run deep, the reprise and all makes it all the more not it... The other ones you shared, I'll feel them up... Thanks ! wink
Re: Songs That Teach You? by XhosaNostra(f): 10:07am On Mar 11, 2018
Re: Songs That Teach You? by Opentokwowledge: 10:23am On Mar 11, 2018
XhosaNostra:

I wasn't really sure what you meant by your request, I only posted one of my favourite classics of all time.

Here's another one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCW1i5HQ0o0
[url][/url]
Lol. Well, I meant songs that you will have to ponder on and churn over before you might be able to grasp the message that lies therein. Check the thread and access the four songs I shared, you should have an idea of what I'm talking about then... Btw, I can see you have good tastes.

Re: Songs That Teach You? by Opentokwowledge: 10:26am On Mar 11, 2018

1 Like

Re: Songs That Teach You? by XhosaNostra(f): 10:26am On Mar 11, 2018
Opentokwowledge:
Lol. Well, I meant songs that you will have to ponder on and churn over before you might be able to grasp the message that lies therein. Check the thread and access the four songs I shared, you should have an idea of what I'm talking about then... Btw, I can see you have good tastes.

Ok, I'll check them. It could be an introduction to a genre I didn't know existed lol.
Re: Songs That Teach You? by Nobody: 11:15am On Mar 11, 2018
Nickleback- What are you waiting for.
Script- For the first time.
Imagine dragons- Demons

1 Like

Re: Songs That Teach You? by Nobody: 11:23am On Mar 11, 2018
Jim reeves songs.

1 Like

Re: Songs That Teach You? by Opentokwowledge: 11:32am On Mar 11, 2018
DaphneBr:
Nickleback- What are you waiting for.
Script- For the first time.
Imagine dragons- Demons
Cool lot, thank you!

1 Like

Re: Songs That Teach You? by Mandrake007(m): 11:33am On Mar 11, 2018
Kendrick Lamar - these walls

good beat,funky rhythm and deep lyrics that are sometimes vague but can be deciphered into what you want to believe

Michael Jackson - Who is it

BJ the chicago kid ft Kendrick Lamar - the new cupid

Wale ft Sam Dew - love hate thing

Jhene Aiko - the pressure

Eminem ft Nate Reus - headlights

Bon Jovi - miracle

Kanye West - heartless
Re: Songs That Teach You? by Kiddogarcia(m): 12:43pm On Mar 11, 2018
M i ft nosa-brother
vector ft emmsong-i know
tu face-nfana ibaga
soundsultan ft patoranking-laugh when u laugh

1 Like

Re: Songs That Teach You? by Opentokwowledge: 1:23pm On Mar 11, 2018
Mandrake007:
Kendrick Lamar - these walls

good beat,funky rhythm and deep lyrics that are sometimes vague but can be deciphered into what you want to believe

Michael Jackson - Who is it

BJ the chicago kid ft Kendrick Lamar - the new cupid

Wale ft Sam Dew - love hate thing

Jhene Aiko - the pressure

Eminem ft Nate Reus - headlights

Bon Jovi - miracle

Kanye West - heartless
For Headlights, if only I'm not too old to cry, was emotional.

And the Kendrick Lamar's wall ...Well, I've always been a fan

Thank you man!

PS : What conclusions have you reached on who is it? I'm still largely not able to piece it all together other than the glaring fact that MJ was betrayed...
Re: Songs That Teach You? by Divay22(f): 1:45pm On Mar 11, 2018
Try by pink

Like you by Tiatana manaois
Re: Songs That Teach You? by Opentokwowledge: 2:05pm On Mar 11, 2018
Divay22:
Try by pink

Like you by Tiatana manaois

Nooo! They so beautiful. Thankssmiley
Re: Songs That Teach You? by Mandrake007(m): 3:36pm On Mar 11, 2018
Opentokwowledge:
For Headlights, if only I'm not too old to cry, was emotional.

And the Kendrick Lamar's wall ...Well, I've always been a fan

Thank you man!

PS : What conclusions have you reached on who is it? I'm still largely not able to piece it all together other than the glaring fact that MJ was betrayed...
he was betrayed by Diana Ross who left him to marry someone else after he gave her the world and everything,so Michael spends his whole time pondering and trying to figure out why she left him even though she loved him but Michael was subtle in divulging why she left,but I think the industry had a hand in it or something cos it didn't make any sense,i think somehow it was a battle of power between the industry and Michael who was perceived as rebellious by the industry who fired back by taking away what he loved the most Diana Ross.
Re: Songs That Teach You? by Opentokwowledge: 5:47pm On Mar 11, 2018
Mandrake007:
he was betrayed by Diana Ross who left him to marry someone else after he gave her the world and everything,so Michael spends his whole time pondering and trying to figure out why she left him even though she loved him but Michael was subtle in divulging why she left,but I think the industry had a hand in it or something cos it didn't make any sense,i think somehow it was a battle of power between the industry and Michael who was perceived as rebellious by the industry who fired back by taking away what he loved the most Diana Ross.
I think this interpretation is the generally adopted one but I'm just not satisfied as I strongly feel the picture MJ was painting with so much passion was more detailed and deeper than what meets the eye ( and ears in this case).

If you've watched the video of this song, You'll realize the name Diana on one of the bunch of tabs /cards at Mj's gf's house was intentionally used to confuse the audience and lead it to an albeit cute conclusion of bitterness over Diana. However, there are other cards with other people's names.... That should tell you something, perhaps that this ain't all about Diana... And then there was a line that went "I pray this punishment ...Would have mercy on me..." which makes the song all the more confusing... Anyway, I've neglected the song at the unsatisfactory conclusion that Mj was just trying to portray the agony and despair of a hurt and pained man, the events of the time serving as ''sales aid'' if you will forgive my french grin
Re: Songs That Teach You? by Mandrake007(m): 6:34pm On Mar 11, 2018
Opentokwowledge:
I think this interpretation is the generally adopted one but I'm just not satisfied as I strongly feel the picture MJ was painting with so much passion was more detailed and deeper than what meets the eye ( and ears in this case).

If you've watched the video of this song, You'll realize the name Diana on one of the bunch of tabs /cards at Mj's gf's house was intentionally used to confuse the audience and lead it to an albeit cute conclusion of bitterness over Diana. However, there are other cards with other people's names.... That should tell you something, perhaps that this ain't all about Diana... And then there was a line that went "I pray this punishment ...Would have mercy on me..." which makes the song all the more confusing... Anyway, I've neglected the song at the unsatisfactory conclusion that Mj was just trying to portray the agony and despair of a hurt and pained man, the events of the time serving as ''sales aid'' if you will forgive my french grin
I haven't seen the video in a while can't really remember,mike always had a deep and profound feeling for diana ross and it spanned two tracks "dirty dianna" and "who is it" which makes it an obvious indication it was about diana regardless of the lyrics and the video and I mentioned somewhere about it having something to do with the music industry..

You're looking too hard might hurt yourself grin but the truth about the lyrics is pretty glaring,it was about Diana,yeah there could be more to it,i don't really dig deep into songs like that,i love the aura of mystery about my songs I think it's what brings out the magic in a song..
Re: Songs That Teach You? by Opentokwowledge: 7:07pm On Mar 11, 2018
Mandrake007:
I haven't seen the video in a while can't really remember,mike always had a deep and profound feeling for diana ross and it spanned two tracks "dirty dianna" and "who is it" which makes it an obvious indication it was about diana regardless of the lyrics and the video and I mentioned somewhere about it having something to do with the music industry..

You're looking too hard might hurt yourself grin but the truth about the lyrics is pretty glaring,it was about Diana,yeah there could be more to it,i don't really dig deep into songs like that,i love the aura of mystery about my songs I think it's what brings out the magic in a song..
Your last line is largely why I'm interested in songs/music. I want a song that comes with a challenge. One that presents itself as a bounty to win, gold to mine, Soil to till till I feel I've gotten to the bottom of the it. It's just my bad habit and I know it will be the death of me grin ... Thank you for your time, I hope the weekend has been rejuvenating?

1 Like

Re: Songs That Teach You? by BaeMercy(f): 7:30pm On Mar 11, 2018
Mr Probz - Waves
Avicii - Waiting For Love

Avicii - Don't You Worry Child

Nelly Furtado - All Good Things Come To An End

Mike And The Mechanics - Let Me Fly
Bob Dylan - Knocking On Heaven's Door
Infinity - Aye Ole
Nathan Bassey - Someones Knocking, Book Of Life
Coldplay - Vida Lavida
Banky w - strong thing
MJ - Dirty Diana
Many More

1 Like

Re: Songs That Teach You? by Mandrake007(m): 8:23pm On Mar 11, 2018
Opentokwowledge:
Your last line is largely why I'm interested in songs/music. I want a song that comes with a challenge. One that presents itself as a bounty to win, gold to mine, Soil to till till I feel I've gotten to the bottom of the it. It's just my bad habit and I know it will be the death of me grin ... Thank you for your time, I hope the weekend has been rejuvenating?
It's a good habit tho,music listeners mostly care about the surface,they hardly dig deep into songs,its a good thing there are a few people like you out here who appreciate the artistry of songs,i like that.

And you're welcome,yes the weekend has been,hope yours was great as well?..
Re: Songs That Teach You? by judey1992(m): 8:47pm On Mar 11, 2018
...... and no one has mentioned 2pac Shakur.

Dear Mama

Outlawz

Ghetto Gospel

Baby Dont Cry

Thugs get lonely too

My Block

just to mention a few
Re: Songs That Teach You? by WeJCKs(m): 9:05pm On Mar 11, 2018
J martins ft timaya and psquare: Good or Bad.
That's my all time song
Re: Songs That Teach You? by chyckxx(m): 8:57pm On Apr 03, 2018
Ozone - Destiny ft. Lolo.
Milli - Made for this.
These songs are remedial whenever I feel depressed.
Re: Songs That Teach You? by kazyhm(m): 9:47pm On Apr 03, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Have You Been "Balled" By A Lady? / 40 Years Old Woman, Monsurat Idowu Dies Ontop Of Her 28 Years Old Toy Boy,kelvin / I Cannot Understand Why My Man Is Starving Me Of Attention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.