Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,846 members, 7,806,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

Lilith Is The First Woman For Adam Before Eve - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lilith Is The First Woman For Adam Before Eve (1566 Views)

And To Answer The Question, "How Old Was Adam Before Eve Was Formed Or Made?" / Legend Of Lilith: Adam's First Wife / Two Nigerian Pastors Use Same Woman For Same Miracle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lilith Is The First Woman For Adam Before Eve by Eskdale(m): 5:46am On Mar 11, 2018
According to the Alphabet of Ben Sira, Lilith was Adam’s first wife but the couple fought all the time. They didn’t see eye-to-eye on matters of sex because Adam always wanted to be on top while Lilith also wanted a turn in the dominant sexual position. When they could not agree, Lilith decided to leave Adam. She uttered God’s name and flew into the air, leaving Adam alone in the Garden of Eden. God sent three angels after her and commanded them to bring her back to her husband by force if she would not come willingly.

But when the angels found her by the Red Sea they were unable to convince her to return and could not force her to obey them. Eventually, a strange deal is struck, wherein Lilith promised not to harm newborn children if they are protected by an amulet with the names of the three angels written on it:

“The three angels caught up with her in the [Red] Sea…They seized her and told her: ‘If you agree to come with us, come, and if not, we shall drown you in the sea.’ She answered: ‘Darlings, I know myself that God created me only to afflict babies with fatal disease when they are eight days old; I shall have permission to harm them from their birth to the eighth day and no longer; when it is a male baby; but when it is a female baby, I shall have permission for twelve days.’ The angels would not leave her alone, until she swore by God’s name that wherever she would see them or their names in an amulet, she would not possess the baby [bearing it]. They then left her immediately. This is [the story of] Lilith who afflicts babies with disease.” (Alphabet of Ben Sira, from "Eve & Adam: Jewish, Christian, and Muslim Readings on Genesis and Gender" pg. 204.)

Here, God fashions man and woman simultaneously when the text reads: “So God created mankind in the divine image, male and female God created them.”

The second account of Creation is known as the Yahwistic version and is found in Genesis 2. This is the version of Creation that most people are familiar with. God creates Adam, then places him in the Garden of Eden. Not long afterwards, God decides to make a companion for Adam and creates the animals of the land and sky to see if any of them are suitable partners for the man. God brings each animal to Adam, who names it before ultimately deciding that it is not a “suitable helper.” God then causes a deep sleep to fall upon Adam and while the man is sleeping God fashions Eve from his side. When Adam awakes he recognizes Eve as part of himself and accepts her as his companion.

Not surprisingly, the ancient rabbis noticed that two contradictory versions of Creation appear in the book of Genesis (which is called Bereisheet in Hebrew).

They solved the discrepancy in two ways:

The first version of Creation actually referred to Adam’s first wife, a 'first Eve.' But Adam was displeased with her, so God replaced her with a 'second Eve' that met Adam's needs.
The Priestly account describes the creation of an androgyne – a creature that was both male and female (Genesis Rabbah 8:1, Leviticus Rabbah 14:1). This creature was then split into a man and a woman in the Yahwistic account.
Re: Lilith Is The First Woman For Adam Before Eve by seunlayi(m): 5:52am On Mar 11, 2018
Who will believe this?
Re: Lilith Is The First Woman For Adam Before Eve by Trustme2(m): 5:53am On Mar 11, 2018
Really? Tell me sonetin angryReally? Tell me sonetin
Re: Lilith Is The First Woman For Adam Before Eve by Eskdale(m): 5:58am On Mar 11, 2018
Let's push it to Ftp please
Re: Lilith Is The First Woman For Adam Before Eve by InfernoNig: 6:04am On Mar 11, 2018
Bullcrap
Re: Lilith Is The First Woman For Adam Before Eve by Jokerman(m): 6:19am On Mar 11, 2018
Deluded clowns.... another kingsango and otemsapien on the loose....

Lilith ko, lailai ni....

4 Likes

Re: Lilith Is The First Woman For Adam Before Eve by emmanuelpopson(m): 6:30am On Mar 11, 2018
concocted story...

1 Like

Re: Lilith Is The First Woman For Adam Before Eve by EricSmallz(m): 6:32am On Mar 11, 2018
You are a confused somebori... how this story wan take help you make heaven? whether or not it true is immaterial, useless and Etc
Re: Lilith Is The First Woman For Adam Before Eve by DuruCrusher(m): 6:35am On Mar 11, 2018
I've watched this film.... It's old sef... Lillian Esoro played the lillit role

1 Like

Re: Lilith Is The First Woman For Adam Before Eve by DivinelyBlessed: 6:45am On Mar 11, 2018
Nollywood version
Re: Lilith Is The First Woman For Adam Before Eve by bewla(m): 6:56am On Mar 11, 2018
by u
Re: Lilith Is The First Woman For Adam Before Eve by mumureloaded(m): 7:08am On Mar 11, 2018
bro it's too early to smoke. your most Highness, God bless you. more ritzlar to your collection
Re: Lilith Is The First Woman For Adam Before Eve by davidbanner(m): 8:03am On Mar 11, 2018
Mehn... u are very high on Rubbish

Re: Lilith Is The First Woman For Adam Before Eve by davidbanner(m): 8:04am On Mar 11, 2018
effect of weed

Re: Lilith Is The First Woman For Adam Before Eve by olawaletimi(m): 8:10am On Mar 11, 2018
Heeeeey, there's nothing we will not see on NL.
Re: Lilith Is The First Woman For Adam Before Eve by Dlee1(m): 8:25am On Mar 11, 2018
A blasphemy against the word of God. My two eyes have seen my two ears this morning!!!
Re: Lilith Is The First Woman For Adam Before Eve by orisa37: 8:53am On Mar 11, 2018
"Fictus fabricatio" or "incredibiliter commenticius"--A fable or A facade(apologus aut frons).
Re: Lilith Is The First Woman For Adam Before Eve by KingSango(m): 3:45pm On Mar 11, 2018
Jokerman:

Lilith ko, lailai ni....

A joking troll mention my name for your weak fame. grin
Re: Lilith Is The First Woman For Adam Before Eve by OtemAtum: 6:58pm On Mar 11, 2018
Jokerman:

Lilith ko, lailai ni....
Who is a deluded clown? Na yoke you dey yoke joor cool
Re: Lilith Is The First Woman For Adam Before Eve by KingSango(m): 7:06pm On Mar 11, 2018
OtemAtum:
Who is a deluded clown? Na yoke you dey yoke joor cool

grin Troll.

1 Share

Re: Lilith Is The First Woman For Adam Before Eve by OtemAtum: 7:33pm On Mar 11, 2018
KingSango:

grin Troll.
What meanest thou?
Re: Lilith Is The First Woman For Adam Before Eve by KingSango(m): 7:34pm On Mar 11, 2018
OtemAtum:
What meanest thou?

angry

Re: Lilith Is The First Woman For Adam Before Eve by OtemAtum: 7:36pm On Mar 11, 2018
KingSango:

angry
You wrote troll under my mention and I don't seem to understand who you are referring to.
Re: Lilith Is The First Woman For Adam Before Eve by KingSango(m): 7:38pm On Mar 11, 2018
OtemAtum:
You wrote troll under my mention and I don't seem to understand who you are referring to.

To any and all trolls. grin

Re: Lilith Is The First Woman For Adam Before Eve by KingSango(m): 7:39pm On Mar 11, 2018
OtemAtum:

If you are not then just attack the trolls.

1 Share

Re: Lilith Is The First Woman For Adam Before Eve by OtemAtum: 7:43pm On Mar 11, 2018
KingSango:

If you are not then just attack the trolls.
lol. Sometimes we are all almost guilty of trolling. Even you are trolling me now grin
Re: Lilith Is The First Woman For Adam Before Eve by KingSango(m): 7:51pm On Mar 11, 2018
OtemAtum:

lol. Sometimes we are all almost guilty of trolling. Even you are trolling me now grin

Nonsense. You instigated this exchange when you mentioned me. grin You must not respect me to try and deceive me like that.

Re: Lilith Is The First Woman For Adam Before Eve by OtemAtum: 7:55pm On Mar 11, 2018
KingSango:

Nonsense. You instigated this exchange when you mentioned me. grin You must not respect me to try and deceive me like that.
Read my first post on this thread. I actually quoted Jokerman, not you. It only happened that Jokerman mentioned you and I and his post and when I replied him, you got a mention from me automatically. See the screenshot below to see the genesis of all.

Re: Lilith Is The First Woman For Adam Before Eve by KingSango(m): 7:58pm On Mar 11, 2018
OtemAtum:
Read my first post on this thread. I actually quoted Jokerman, not you. It only happened that Jokerman mentioned you and I and his post and when I replied him, you got a mention from me automatically. See the screenshot below to see the genesis of all.

Oh, my bad. I make mistake.

Ase

Love Sango
Re: Lilith Is The First Woman For Adam Before Eve by OtemAtum: 8:00pm On Mar 11, 2018
KingSango:

Oh, my bad. I make mistake.
Ase
Love Sango
grin One love

1 Like

Re: Lilith Is The First Woman For Adam Before Eve by Nobody: 8:24am On Mar 12, 2018
Another truckload of bullshit by a dickhead.
Re: Lilith Is The First Woman For Adam Before Eve by Realist1(m): 9:45am On Mar 12, 2018
Ignorance! insulting someone for saying what is in a religious text.The Jewish book Torah was written before the bible,so wish one is more believable? I have watched a documentary on this Lilith and Adam story on National Geography channel on Dstv.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prayers & Meditation: Big Advantage Religious Folks Have Over Atheists / Terrorism: Why Islamic Terrorists Chant “Allah Akbar” Before Wrecking Havoc / Jesus The Perfect Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.