Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,242 members, 7,807,820 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:53 PM

Why Do Nigerian Churches Discriminate Themselves - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Nigerian Churches Discriminate Themselves (412 Views)

Dangerous Attitudes Amongst Nigerian Churches In The Diaspora / How Nigerian Churches Are Taking Advantage Of Technology To Make Global Impact / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerian Churches Discriminate Themselves by Jokerman(m): 10:09am On Mar 11, 2018
I really want to understand this situation...

Some churches force their members not to attend other churches even when the person travels out of the vicinity... Why??

Some churches will tell you not to marry a Christian from another church.... why??

Some churches will tell you not to employ persons from other churches.... why??

Is this what God wants??
Is there any church in heaven??
Do we really understand what it means to be a Christian??

Please I need answers....
Re: Why Do Nigerian Churches Discriminate Themselves by CuteMadridista: 10:10am On Mar 11, 2018
Interesting question
Re: Why Do Nigerian Churches Discriminate Themselves by izzou(m): 10:15am On Mar 11, 2018
grin

Bros, the matter tire me.

Some will come and preach to you and even when you tell them you attend a church, them go they pester you to join theirs

Some men of God gods of men will go as far a telling their congregation how their church is turning into a super mega church

Denominationdom is from the devil. How someone will be a member of Church A and suddenly he opens his own church and tells people to attend his. (As if God no dey the other one)

My Bible is still my guidebook. I attend a church and even if what my pastor says is not in conformity with my Bible, I strike it out sharp sharp grin

The goal is to become like Christ. Not to hustle members like say Na MMM we dey do

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Churches Discriminate Themselves by eTECTIVe(m): 11:25am On Mar 11, 2018
Becos it more of a business competition these days... Churches these days are jus bunch of hypocrites who care more about criticizing demselves dan about helping members live beta lives as christians. Churches these days dont care how sinful u are, so long as U are their member U will b saved.. One of d popular churches actually prides itself as d only church dat will make heaven as dey believe every other denomination is doomed..
Re: Why Do Nigerian Churches Discriminate Themselves by Nobody: 12:15pm On Mar 11, 2018
Jokerman:
I really want to understand this situation...

Some churches force their members not to attend other churches even when the person travels out of the vicinity... Why??
The reason for this is because there are some churches go contrary to scriptures.

Some churches will tell you not to marry a Christian from another church.... why??
The reason is because of doctrinal issue.

Some churches will tell you not to employ persons from other churches.... why??
Reason is because of past experience but we shouldn't use one sin to robe all.

Is this what God wants??
No.God wants a universal church
Is there any church in heaven??
No
Do we really understand what it means to be a Christian??
Many don't.
Please I need answers....
Re: Why Do Nigerian Churches Discriminate Themselves by Kobojunkie: 1:14am On Feb 27
Jokerman:
I really want to understand this situation...Some churches force their members not to attend other churches even when the person travels out of the vicinity... Why?? Some churches will tell you not to marry a Christian from another church.... why?? Some churches will tell you not to employ persons from other churches.... why?? Is this what God wants??
Is there any church in heaven?? Do we really understand what it means to be a Christian? Please I need answers....
They each worship different gods is the simple answer why. The god of Adeboye is not the god of Olukoya, not the god of Kumuyi, not the god of Oyedepo, not the god of Johnson Suleiman, not the god of Jerry Eze, and not... etc. They all have their different gods so understandably different ideas about how the business of their gods should be run. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Am I Right To Feel This Way? / The Spiritual Luggage Of Sexual Sins. / I See Violence And Riot Across South Africa Until 2019 Election”- Pro Samuel Ak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.