Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,859 members, 7,802,752 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

Is Yoruba Now The Official Language Of Nigeria? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Yoruba Now The Official Language Of Nigeria? (3255 Views)

The Official Car Of The NANS President That Costs 19 Million Naira: A Review / Restructuring Is Yoruba Agenda Championed By Uninformed Igbos – Tanko Yakasai / Ability To Speak Igbo, Hausa And Yoruba Now Compulsory For Recruitment - Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Yoruba Now The Official Language Of Nigeria? by oloripelebe2: 6:45pm On Mar 11, 2018
This our new law still dey pain Igbo os. ....chai grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Is Yoruba Now The Official Language Of Nigeria? by TMemos: 6:53pm On Mar 11, 2018
thesicilian:
It is not by force to learn an indigenous language, especially for non indigenes. As far as I am concerned, there are only two official languages in Nigeria: English and French.

Who made French official?

When did it become official?
Re: Is Yoruba Now The Official Language Of Nigeria? by TMemos: 6:54pm On Mar 11, 2018
Why not go to court to challenge the law if it's paining you so much or keep quiet for ever?

4 Likes

Re: Is Yoruba Now The Official Language Of Nigeria? by TMemos: 6:55pm On Mar 11, 2018
webincomeplus:

Every state in Nigeria has varying proportions of Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba and other tribes. But that doesn't rule out the fact that the state belongs to only one particular tribe.

In the case of Lagos, it's a Yoruba state. Take it or leave it. And the state government is free to enact any law in the interest of its native language.

To whoever is embittered by the laws, it's not a must to study in Lagos state. If all other states do the same, there's nothing wrong in that. In fact, most states have always been doing things that favor their own indigenes and tribes for decades. It's only the approaches that vary.

Where are you?

I need to give you a bottle of vintage wine.

2 Likes

Re: Is Yoruba Now The Official Language Of Nigeria? by TMemos: 6:58pm On Mar 11, 2018
chumakk:
What other state have put this kind of law that intends to isolate others from their schools?

It's up to other states to enact theirs.

Lagos is a federating unit in Nigeria.

No one can stop it from enacting laws to conduct the affairs of its House of Assembly or determine the criteria for admission into state-owned institutions.

Repeat: NO ONE!

3 Likes

Re: Is Yoruba Now The Official Language Of Nigeria? by owbabs: 8:44pm On Mar 11, 2018
You can always live in Lagos and put you children in a private school in Ogun State tongue

2 Likes

Re: Is Yoruba Now The Official Language Of Nigeria? by omololu2020(m): 9:29pm On Mar 11, 2018
dignity33:

Lagos was developed with our commonweath as a capital before moving it to Abuja, Yoruba didn't develop lagos alone we should stop being sentimental on issues like this how on earth can such law be implemented in a country like that. South Africa have 9 ethnic groups and two ethnic recognise language like Nigeria that have 3 and irrespective of what ethnic group you belong to you have to choose between the two, Switzerland have 3 tribes but no tribe make their language compulsory as long as Nigeria is one country and have three recognise language is very bad law because it doesn't show oneness as a country such law will divid Nigeria if adopt in other parts of Nigeria.
you can all keep on crying all you want,the law is Here to stay

5 Likes

Re: Is Yoruba Now The Official Language Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Mar 11, 2018
chumakk:
What other state have put this kind of law that intends to isolate others from their schools?
imo and anambra made the same language law attack them first coz they pioneer this kind of laws

4 Likes

Re: Is Yoruba Now The Official Language Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Mar 11, 2018
REDshouse:
What is ur Problem with Lagos and its laws ..... if they dont want u in lagos why cant u people just stay in ur villages and turn them into dubai or wareva rather than being an online nuisance..
Nigeria cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Is Yoruba Now The Official Language Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Mar 11, 2018
giftq:

Nigeria cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
support Nigeria by supporting the imo anambra and Lagos language law. Nigeria amaka
Re: Is Yoruba Now The Official Language Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Mar 11, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:
[s]support Nigeria by supporting the imo anambra and Lagos language law. Nigeria amaka[/s]
Igbo amaka. grin grin
Fixed

Re: Is Yoruba Now The Official Language Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Mar 11, 2018
imhotep:

Igbo amaka. grin grin
Fixed
yes god bless ndi anambra, imo and Lagos for making the language law. Support it for Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Is Yoruba Now The Official Language Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Mar 11, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:
yes god bless ndi anambra, imo and Lagos for making the language law. Support it for Nigeria
God bless no mans land grin
Re: Is Yoruba Now The Official Language Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Mar 11, 2018
dignity33:

Lagos was developed with our commonweath as a capital before moving it to Abuja, Yoruba didn't develop lagos alone we should stop being sentimental on issues like this how on earth can such law be implemented in a country like that. South Africa have 9 ethnic groups and two ethnic recognise language like Nigeria that have 3 and irrespective of what ethnic group you belong to you have to choose between the two, Switzerland have 3 tribes but no tribe make their language compulsory as long as Nigeria is one country and have three recognise language is very bad law because it doesn't show oneness as a country such law will divid Nigeria if adopt in other parts of Nigeria.
Lagos was Nigeria capital between 1960-1976...16 years... 1999-2018 is 19 years. So what collective development at you talking about? Meanwhile, English is colonial language by the way. Japan, Korea, China, Brazil, Iran etc don't speak colonial language. When Nigeria is divided in few years time, your region can choose annihilate her language and stick with English...meanwhile, as we dey form English reach, none of the English countries will allow us without writing Toefl or Ielts...

5 Likes

Re: Is Yoruba Now The Official Language Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Mar 11, 2018
imhotep:

God bless no mans land grin
thank u. Support the no mans land language law. Support Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Is Yoruba Now The Official Language Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Mar 11, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:
thank u. Support the no mans land language law. Support Nigeria.
LMAO
No mans land has no language na
Re: Is Yoruba Now The Official Language Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Mar 11, 2018
imhotep:

LMAO
No mans land has no language na
yes it does Yoruba. It’s a law now support it. God bless no man land

3 Likes

Re: Is Yoruba Now The Official Language Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Mar 11, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:
yes it does Yoruba. It’s a law now support it. God bless no man land
ok good luck.
I am sure you are very far away from Lagos grin grin
Re: Is Yoruba Now The Official Language Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Mar 11, 2018
imhotep:

ok good luck.
I am sure you are very far away from Lagos grin grin
support the state official language Yoruba support Nigeria. God bless Lagos

3 Likes

Re: Is Yoruba Now The Official Language Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Mar 11, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:
support the state official language Yoruba support Nigeria. God bless Lagos
okkk grin grin grin

Re: Is Yoruba Now The Official Language Of Nigeria? by otosa(m): 12:17am On Mar 12, 2018
I think the last time I checked the content of the law, it doesn't force anyone to speak Yoruba language but only to those that wish to study in Lagos States institutions. Because,kokijé ti baba tómó ko ma ni alà. And for those that not down well with the law u have 100 percent right to challenge the Lagos State with Federal law and maybe this will stand as case study in the future as other states in SW are going to pass the same law. Osi rata marayò, Ojo torö loko ayęle pelu adirę papö. Our language is our power.

2 Likes

Re: Is Yoruba Now The Official Language Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:29am On Mar 12, 2018
imhotep:

okkk grin grin grin
so does that mean u support the language law. Nigeria amaka

1 Like

Re: Is Yoruba Now The Official Language Of Nigeria? by raumdeuter: 1:36am On Mar 12, 2018
chumakk:

Imo and Anambra state have this same law since 2011

2 Likes

Re: Is Yoruba Now The Official Language Of Nigeria? by machinery1: 2:45am On Mar 12, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:
so does that mean u support the language law. Nigeria amaka

You are wasting your time on that jobless lowlife that spend his entire pathetic life on nairaland posting nonsense everywhere. The old fool still live with his mother in the village. You will open a gofund me account for him if you see his pics. Henry is truly a disgrace to the flat head tribe. Lol

3 Likes

Re: Is Yoruba Now The Official Language Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:03am On Mar 12, 2018
machinery1:

You are wasting your time on that jobless lowlife that spend his entire pathetic life on nairaland posting nonsense everywhere. The old fool still live with his mother in the village. You will open a gofund me account for him if you see his pics. Henry is truly a disgrace to the flat head tribe. Lol
lol he says the most ridiculous things and I like messing with him. It’s fun

3 Likes

Re: Is Yoruba Now The Official Language Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Mar 12, 2018
What is my own?
I have already warned sternly at my Children school PTA meeting that any Teacher/Tutor/Governor or Governess that attempts to teach any of my Kids that language Yoruba or make it compulsory for them, will be severely dealt with, without mercy.

Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Is Yoruba Now The Official Language Of Nigeria? by Daboomb: 3:05am On May 08, 2018
dignity33:

Na dis kin talk send some people to the Brighead, in the dead of the night, in 1613! grin grin
Re: Is Yoruba Now The Official Language Of Nigeria? by Daboomb: 3:08am On May 08, 2018
Gabbysky:
What is my own?
I have already warned sternly at my Children school PTA meeting that any Teacher/Tutor/Governor or Governess that attempts to teach any of my Kids that language Yoruba or make it compulsory for them, will be severely dealt with, without mercy.

Nonsense

Chest-beating, Nnamdi-style, don start again, abi?

Carry your children to a school where they would ask them to speak Chinese or any language you so desire.
Making baseless and toothless threats is the hallmark of you people.

Nnamdi Kanu said more than this, where is he today?
Hiding, when no one is chasing him. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Is Yoruba Now The Official Language Of Nigeria? by Daboomb: 3:12am On May 08, 2018
owbabs:
You can always live in Lagos and put you children in a private school in Ogun Imo State tongue

fixed!

ogun and Lagos are reading from the same sheet
Re: Is Yoruba Now The Official Language Of Nigeria? by T9ksy(m): 10:30am On May 08, 2018
Daboomb:

Chest-beating, Nnamdi-style, don start again, abi?

Nnamdi Kanu said more than this, where is he today?
Hiding, when no one is chasing him. grin grin

Abi o jare!!!

Even their late brave(?) Warlord promised worse however when the s.h.i.tt hit the fan, the canterkerous orangutan lookalike did a "Usain bolt" to Abidjan.

So nothing new here............it's simply genetic!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

What An Officer Was Spotted Doing In Lagos / Gunmen Sack Police Divisional HQ In Delta, Kill 3 Cops, Set Facility Ablaze / Travel Restrictions Have Been In Place In Nigeria For Months Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.