Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

FAAN Clears Grass With N128m At Lagos Airport - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FAAN Clears Grass With N128m At Lagos Airport (3939 Views)

Court Remands Two For Laundering N128m Drug Proceeds / Graphic Photos: Boko Haram Members Killed As Military Clears More Of Their Camps / Prof. Yemi Osibanjo Clears The Air About APC Kano Rally Photo He Tweeted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FAAN Clears Grass With N128m At Lagos Airport by Seun(m): 12:43pm On Dec 30, 2005
cry if all that is true, then all I am asking for from the government is that they should not allow any war to happen so we in the private sector can create our own prosperity in peace cry

Update: Let them take whatever they want, but please no war.
Re: FAAN Clears Grass With N128m At Lagos Airport by babagana(m): 12:57pm On Dec 30, 2005
Well you can see why we all have to be very careful with jumping into conclusions that the Piranah looks small and cannot hurt anyone.
Re: FAAN Clears Grass With N128m At Lagos Airport by alheri(f): 1:02pm On Dec 30, 2005
whiteshark:

well my dear, you know say them nor dey know finish. Even your sources can still be wrong in as much as there were right insdie the cooking pot.

True whiteshark, but i cant be in boiling a pot of meat and come out smelling like fish. I am sure of my facts. My sister had no reason to lie(she was also chopping) and if you disbelieve anything you can make your own investigations about the Abebe and Karu road issue. My sources are right as far as am concerned except you can prove me otherwise. My sister was an accountant in the villa, you can cross check that. And L---a was Mrs  Abebes daughter(a widow), crosscheck that too. And the issue of the karu roads is no news, at least to those of us that stay/stayed in Abuja.
Re: FAAN Clears Grass With N128m At Lagos Airport by Jakumo(m): 4:20pm On Dec 30, 2005
Alheri your insider's view of the Aso Rock villa may not be factually accurate in all respects, but it does have the ring of truth in your mention of Andy Uba, the brother of late Stella Obasanjo.

At least up until Stella's death, Andy has been widely acknowledged as Aso Rock's "goal-keeper",  whose approval is mandatory for virtually all contract related matters at Nigeria's  federal level.  Andy Uba, a medical doctor formerly practicing in California, has never held any political post and is largely unknown to the Nigerian press who only mention his existence as it relates to the activities of his area-boy multi-billionaire brother in Anambra State, Chris Uba, who frequently locks horns in dirty political battles with the governor there.    An estimate of Andy Uba's net worth in offshore accounts has been put conservatively at 60 million US green-back dollars. 

Whether or not President Obasanjo knows the true magnitude of Andy Uba's wealth and influence is the million dollar question, but for my part I would like to believe that the president, in his pre-occupation with the ongoing national battle against corruption, may yet be unaware of just how much power his young brother-in-law wields over the government's cash flow.
Re: FAAN Clears Grass With N128m At Lagos Airport by alheri(f): 5:11pm On Dec 30, 2005
Thank you jakumo. Where have you been anyway? Well, we're all entitled to our opinions. I've been staying in Abuja since 96, just about a year after the sit a power was finally moved. I stayed at the legislative quaters(my mum and siblings still do) as a neighbour to a lot of top shots in Abuja. Most of what I have said where relayed by reliable sources. That is why i said you all can cross check if you like. They are ALL chopping our money and for us to sit and think that its not so just cause of a few scape goats is beyond me. I mean we used to watch the distribution(in the middle of the nite) of ghana must go bags in those days before the N500 & N1000 notes came out. Do you remember the furniture/car(3.5M & 4M) allowances that was publicized some years back? We were all made to believe that the furniture will be left behind by the Legislators. Did that happen? NO! I know that for sure.
How can someone be syphoning from your cash flow and you wouldnt know? With all the gossips he has around him,dont you think one of them could have mentioned it to him. This has been going on since his first term oh!
Re: FAAN Clears Grass With N128m At Lagos Airport by Kokscity(m): 6:52pm On Dec 30, 2005
@ Alheri

I am not sure what the argument is, Is any one here saying that OBJ is not a first class thief? Or that our Reps,Governors, Ministers,Senators,Police,Customs,Immigration,NDLEA,Local Government chairmen, are all Criminals. The truth is that i am sure all clear thinking Nigerians, know that our government is broken and we would be foolish not to expect this to have originated from the top,down.

From OBJ To the Police man on the streets in Naija are all corrupt day light robbers. The is a saying that goes birds of the same feather.............OBJ Has one of the most corrupt persons in Africa today as his VP.

OBJ is a first class thief and my prayers is that one day he should be brought to Justice.
If he gets a third term, i hope we can all arm ourselves home and abroad and take back our country from these MuthaF***K**S!!!!!
Re: FAAN Clears Grass With N128m At Lagos Airport by Akolawole(m): 4:03am On Dec 31, 2005
[quote][/quote]
Re: FAAN Clears Grass With N128m At Lagos Airport by comechop(m): 10:47am On Dec 31, 2005
Thats the most ridiculous thing i've heard in a looong time. But again, as for most of us, its not suprising...
Re: FAAN Clears Grass With N128m At Lagos Airport by Akolawole(m): 9:17pm On Jan 02, 2006
@ComeChop

What ridicolous thing ?
Re: FAAN Clears Grass With N128m At Lagos Airport by whiteshark(m): 9:35pm On Jan 02, 2006
Ol bob's make we leave matter. We are all corrupt. I bet if I put any of you guys in the position of power and authority, you all will do same things or worse so please quit the stoning and lets see how we will make the country great again. lipsrsealed Until we do a moral suation on ourselves, the rot will continue so make we hear word all una wey dey do holy holy 4 here.....
Re: FAAN Clears Grass With N128m At Lagos Airport by ono(m): 9:53am On Jan 03, 2006
Well, as for me, I'm NOT corrupt. You may be, but I'm NOT! And because I'm not, I will join the league of those clean people in this country to chase out all the rotten tomatoes in power in our country.

And if the worst comes to the worst and this country is broken up, my people in the Niger Delta will keep their own. We will chase out all those carrying our money with trucks and trailers in Abuja from our lands.

I have said it before now, and I will repeat it anywhere, that OBJ is the most corrupt president in the world.
Re: FAAN Clears Grass With N128m At Lagos Airport by alheri(f): 10:13am On Jan 03, 2006
whiteshark:

Ol bob's make we leave matter. We are all corrupt. I bet if I put any of you guys in the position of power and authority, you all will do same things or worse so please quit the stoning and lets see how we will make the country great again. lipsrsealed Until we do a moral suation on ourselves, the rot will continue so make we hear word all una wey dey do holy holy 4 here.....

I agree with you in a way. I wouldnt really say we are all " corrupt" I would rather say we are indisciplined. If we could discipline ourselves to turn away and stay off corruption and our way of thinking " awoof no dey run belle", we might have a chance. Most of our leaders dont go into office to "chop and quench". Some actually go there to try and make a difference but i guess it is true that power corrupts, they get their and become un-born again. I remember when OBJ came to power with all his "my life time songs", claiming to be born again. Now see what hes up to. Its reall a pity.

ono, my brotha,pls calm down. We are all bitter about the happenings but breaking up will not help us. It is really a pity what you and your pple in the Niger delta are going through but you guys have traitors amongst you! Alot of your traditional chiefs take money at your expence. If they would stop been greedy and stand up for their people, things might get better.

The thing is that they all ARE corrupt.From those doing the arresting to the arrested. We the younger generation must try not to have the "chop and clean mouth" attitude of our present day leaders. It not even about where they come from cos they all loot.,whether hausa, ibo,yoruba and every other tribe. We are all guilty. So lets not take things personal.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO NIGERIANS
Re: FAAN Clears Grass With N128m At Lagos Airport by ono(m): 11:29am On Jan 03, 2006
Alheri, could you please tell us more on the activities of that rotund woman called Okonjo-Iweala? Y'know, all this while, I've been a bit skeptical about her ministry. She could be a front for OBJ. All these her laudable achievements, men, I'm a pessimist when it comes to this our country, Nigeria.

I don't believe any good can come out of anything evil. As long as OBJ is on that Aso seat, all the folks with him over there (including saints and sinners alike) are evil. Evil begets evil. Simple.

My people, we have to be wary of all these people who are winning international awards here and there. You may not fully agree with me, but, as for me, I do not believe in them
Re: FAAN Clears Grass With N128m At Lagos Airport by Akolawole(m): 12:01pm On Jan 03, 2006
@Ono

While i like reading your comments but the negativity of it put me off completely.

Quoting from your piece on ref #42, "I have said it before now i will repeat it anywhere, that OBJ is the most corrupt president in the world ".

CAN YOU LIST HIS CORRUPT PRACTICES PLEASE ?.

You alleged that Okonjo-Iwenla is not doing anything, I will take it as you saying Ribadu,El Rufai, Dora Akinyuli and Oby Ezekwesili is not doing anything. HABA!

Though Seasoned Politicians may not be performing but all his technocrats have been sweating to make the Country great, most expecially the ones mentioned above.

What do you think to this ?
Re: FAAN Clears Grass With N128m At Lagos Airport by ono(m): 12:27pm On Jan 03, 2006
Kola,
Em, make u no vex. The ''ojoro'' in this our country don dey too much. All de thing wey I dey see na fraud. How in the world do you want me to believe that all these people are clean.

OBJ is surrounded by some ''good'' people. I bet he did that as a kind of smokescreen to cover the many evil he's into. Y'know, our 'leaders' keep on using different tricks to fool us commoners daily. So, I think his grandplan is to parade all these so called good folks and make people believe that's he's into something good for this country. But, reading thru Alheri's entry on her sister' activities in the finance ministry, methink that we've got to take a closer look at all those debt relief and other shit Mrs Okonjo is into.

FYI, a lot of fake drugs are still in circulation. At a stage, I thought it's even the good ones they are destroying so that they can sell the fake ones. Akunyili meant well for our people. God help her in the midst of all these wolves. And I hope she's really clean, wining and dining with evil people.

Kola, no mind my outbursts at times. These stories get on my nerves sometimes and I feel like....gosh! Whew!
Re: FAAN Clears Grass With N128m At Lagos Airport by alheri(f): 1:40pm On Jan 03, 2006
ono, OMG youre so funny! Well, i dont know much now cause like i said in my earlier posts, my sister is now late(Tuesday 23 August, 2005). I really dont know much about Iweala but what i see on TV. And been a sexiest, I'd say shes a saint. grin (joking). Anyway, there is nothing hidden under the sun. God will surely reveal those of them with two faces.

Akolawole, I just love your pessimism as far as OBJ and Naija are concerned.I really wish I had that kind of hope in our leaders. Dont be too carryed away with El-rufai and his demolitions. That man is wicked! He sacked over 300 civil servants in the FCDA for no just cause and without following due process.Now he wants to eject them unjustly without giving them the option of paying for their houses(they are all willing to pay). Well, the matter is in court now and the judge has said he should not evict till the case is decided. We hope he will listen, considering his area boy tactics.

As for dora, shes my gal anyday. And madam due process.....Hmm is all i can say.
Re: FAAN Clears Grass With N128m At Lagos Airport by ono(m): 2:31pm On Jan 03, 2006
Alheri, you mean Akolawole's optimism about OBJ and Nigeria? No mind am. E fit be say him dey get some kobokobo contract from OBJ. I wish him luck in his foray into the unknown. Maybe na SSS man sef. Man must be very careful on this forum o!

Kola, no vex o. I just dey joke. You have tried to make me believe in OBJ. But, sorry o, I don't believe in the man again. Not after IBB visited him in his chicken farm at Ota and came out boasting that he's one of those who can see OBJ at anytime, and that he has access to where ever OBJ is at anytime ''T''
Hear IBB ''I have been one of the privileged persons in the country that are currently accessible to him (the president. I can talk to him. I can discuss with him on anything that touches the government of the country"

Now, tell me, what will a corruption fighter be doing at anytime with a guy like IBB - the world acclaimed most corrupt leader and Maradona of Nigerian politics, in this day and age? This is the IBB that Femi Fani-kayode, the basketmouth of OBJ, whitewashed recently. Don't you smell fish in the way this country is being run? My brother pls have a rethink on this OBJ guy.
Re: FAAN Clears Grass With N128m At Lagos Airport by alheri(f): 2:42pm On Jan 03, 2006
ono,thank you for correcting me jare. I actually wanted to pu it in "quotes". u know what i mean? wink
Re: FAAN Clears Grass With N128m At Lagos Airport by Akolawole(m): 3:55pm On Jan 03, 2006
@Alheri and Ono
I have read your epistle, i cant stop laughing, i am going out now, i will respond in the evening. I am not an SSS man o. Bagoma help me out oo
Re: FAAN Clears Grass With N128m At Lagos Airport by bagoma(f): 10:41pm On Jan 03, 2006
grin cheesy wink
hey let me help akolawole out o
he is not an sss man. he just loves obj too much thats all! wink
grin grin grin
Re: FAAN Clears Grass With N128m At Lagos Airport by Seun(m): 11:21pm On Jan 03, 2006
Sad, sad, sad cry
Re: FAAN Clears Grass With N128m At Lagos Airport by asoderock(m): 3:12pm On Jan 25, 2007
After computation based on how much jobbers collect to clear a paddy field. i have come to an estimate of aroud 25000 naija naira as fee 4 the job + feeding. somebody pls help me compute what percentage this represent on the N128M b/4 I begin my journey to EFCC
Re: FAAN Clears Grass With N128m At Lagos Airport by deb(m): 10:07am On Jun 25, 2011
If that is the correct amount to clear grass then I want to be a grass cutter. Say wetin?
Re: FAAN Clears Grass With N128m At Lagos Airport by OmoTier1(m): 7:51pm On Jun 26, 2011
Before I pass comments, can someone give me the commercial going rate in Nigeria to maintain a lawn of a meter square?
Re: FAAN Clears Grass With N128m At Lagos Airport by mensdept: 7:53pm On Jun 26, 2011
Why did they use just N128m? Why not N628m? Afterall, what are the people or youth gonna do or say. Nothing than how they can go and dance alanta.
Re: FAAN Clears Grass With N128m At Lagos Airport by MaiSuya(m): 9:42pm On Jun 26, 2011
na wa o! cutting grass is suddenly such a lucrative business?? 128milla??

I think it's time to change my job. . .
Re: FAAN Clears Grass With N128m At Lagos Airport by olaolabiy: 10:09pm On Jun 26, 2011
Hooray! Nigeria is growing.

We could pay you a million dollars to mow our grass.

All our children attend private schools. We don't believe in govt schools. Moreover, we have the means to send them to private schools. Hey! We are growing - the 4th fastest growing. Yeah!

It is only in Nigeria where mobile lines serve as business lines. On companies' letterheads, we mainly have those 0800 numbers. Hey! We are really growing.

My Generator is bigger than yours. Hey! Aren't we growing. Mu he he heee
Re: FAAN Clears Grass With N128m At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jun 26, 2011
I dey laugh

When in Command boarding,

Under tutelage of koboko,hot sun and fear of snakes we could clear out a 2 football fields of grass in as lil time.

Elephant grass included

and all for FREE!

Wonder if the machinery utilized in this was imported from outer space for that absurd amount.
Re: FAAN Clears Grass With N128m At Lagos Airport by olaolabiy: 11:11pm On Jun 26, 2011
Seun, funny grin grin grin

Don't worry, your investment/brainchild is safe.

Now I know why you don't want Nigeria to break up.

Feel ya bro. grin grin grin

Your campaign don tey

I dey enjoy this Bey baby sha Glansto!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prof. Tam David West Analysis On Fuel Subsidy; This Is Revealing / GEJ And Opposition Insults / Is This The Man You Want As Your President?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.