Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,014 members, 7,803,362 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

Jinn Catching: Good Or Bad - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Jinn Catching: Good Or Bad (2030 Views)

Can Humans Be Possessed By Jinn? / Can A Person Be Possessed By The Jinn When He Is Keeping Up With Adhkaar? / What To Do Upon Seeing A Good Or Bad Dream? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jinn Catching: Good Or Bad by iamgenius(m): 10:28pm On Mar 11, 2018
In the name of Allah the Most Merciful and Most Beneficent.

This thread is about the practice called "JINN CATCHING ".
InshaAllah, I'll be discussing what it means and whether it is allowed to do it in Islam or not. May Allah help me and you to understand and follow His commandments, Aamin.

What is meant by Jinn Catching is that which happens between a Raaqi(the Exorciser), the Mashuur(someone affected by the evil eye or black magic) and a Jinn Catcher.

The process of jinn catching goes thus:
The Exorciser will recite the Ruqyah for the Mashuur when the Jinn agrees to leave the Mashuur's body by the will of Allah. Then the Exorciser do Dawah to the Jinn after the Shaytaan Jinn accepts Islam, then the Exorciser forces the jinn to go inside the body of The Jinn Catcher. They
believe that when the jinn who is now a Muslim live inside the body of The Jinn Catcher, he(Catcher) now have full control over the Jinn.
That is the Jinn Catcher now possess the Jinn.
And the process goes on like that.

Sometimes, the Raaqi do jinn catching for a particular person. For example; the Raaqi will ask the Jinns in the body of the Jinn catcher about a particular matter. The matters are usually matters of the unseen.

There are many videos online whereby Raaqis (Exorcisers) do Jinn catching for a particular person or about a matter they don't know about.

To be continued InshaAllah.
Re: Jinn Catching: Good Or Bad by Fegelfire: 5:38am On Mar 12, 2018
This is delusional. Djinn don't exist, nor do gods or angels, least of all Allah.

But go right ahead, it's not like Muslims were ever great at questioning their beliefs. The Quran destroys the freedom of the mind, caging it in a prison of unwitting and uncriticising adherence to the muslims' nonexistent master, Allah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnKhsTXoKCI

2 Likes

Re: Jinn Catching: Good Or Bad by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:23am On Mar 12, 2018
Fegelfire:
This is delusional. Djinn don't exist, nor do gods or angels, least of all Allah.

But go right ahead, it's not like Muslims were ever great at questioning their beliefs. The Quran destroys the freedom of the mind, caging it in a prison of unwitting and uncriticising adherence to the muslims' nonexistent master, Allah.

You need a Raaqi to remove the Jinn(s) inside you!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jinn Catching: Good Or Bad by chillychill(f): 8:21am On Mar 12, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

cheesy lmao

1 Like

Re: Jinn Catching: Good Or Bad by iamgenius(m): 9:51am On Mar 12, 2018
iamgenius:
In the name of Allah the Most Merciful and Most Beneficent.

This thread is about the practice called "JINN CATCHING ".
InshaAllah, I'll be discussing what it means and whether it is allowed to do it in Islam or not. May Allah help me and you to understand and follow His commandments, Aamin.

What is meant by Jinn Catching is that which happens between a Raaqi(the Exorciser), the Mashuur(someone affected by the evil eye or black magic) and a Jinn Catcher.

The process of jinn catching goes thus:
The Exorciser will recite the Ruqyah for the Mashuur when the Jinn agrees to leave the Mashuur's body by the will of Allah. Then the Exorciser do Dawah to the Jinn after the Shaytaan Jinn accepts Islam, then the Exorciser forces the jinn to go inside the body of The Jinn Catcher. They
believe that when the jinn who is now a Muslim live inside the body of The Jinn Catcher, he(Catcher) now have full control over the Jinn.
That is the Jinn Catcher now possess the Jinn.
And the process goes on like that.

Sometimes, the Raaqi do jinn catching for a particular person. For example; the Raaqi will ask the Jinns in the body of the Jinn catcher about a particular matter. The matters are usually matters of the unseen.

There are many videos online whereby Raaqis (Exorcisers) do Jinn catching for a particular person or about a matter they don't know about.

We know that Allah created the Jinns and we can't see
them in this world. Most Jinns are Kuffaars (disbelievers
in Allah).

Since we can't see them how can we be sure of whatever they tell us. There are many instances whereby Jinns lie to Raaqi. Since the Raaqi can't see them, how can he be sure of whatever they tell him.

For example : A Raaqi whom I know very well(Alhaji Isa Akindele) once said "while he was performing a Ruqyah for someone, the Jinn told him that he has been alive from the time of Prophet Sulaymaan(Alayhis Salaam).

After few months during another Ruqyah session for another person, Alhaji Isa asked the jinn how true the claim of the former jinn is concerning their(Jinns) life span. The Jinn replied that the former Jinn is a liar that Jinns don't live long like the claimed life span. He also told him how long the oldest of them usually live. "

There are many occasions whereby Jinns will claim to have left his victim's body, but he hasn't. Shaykh ibn Taymiyyah said they can be deceiving to the extent that they will hide in the toe of their victims and the Raaqi will be reciting the Ruqyah up there while he doesn't know that the jinn is not close to hearing what he's reciting.

2 Likes

Re: Jinn Catching: Good Or Bad by Empiree: 4:17pm On Mar 12, 2018
I wish I could wait until you finished. So far, everything you have been saying to counter jinn catching practices doesn't prove it is unlawful to do so. And neither catcher nor raqi claimed to believe everything Jinns say to them.
Re: Jinn Catching: Good Or Bad by tintingz(m): 4:31pm On Mar 12, 2018
Fegelfire:

Don't mind them, Jinns, angels, Satan, Allah exist to them but Santa Claus, Fairies, FSM, Leprechauns, easter bunny, Zeus, Thor etc don't exist, their delusion no get part two.

What they don't know is that religious delusion comes with schizophrenia and hallucinations of imaginary monsters, entities.

There were great scholars during the medieval Muslim period (Islam golden age) that question their beliefs, some became atheists and skeptics, and there are muslims questioning their beliefs today.
Re: Jinn Catching: Good Or Bad by tintingz(m): 4:40pm On Mar 12, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

He's not deluded with imaginary monsters.

"When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called a Religion." ~ Robert M. Pirsig
Re: Jinn Catching: Good Or Bad by Rashduct4luv(m): 5:40pm On Mar 12, 2018
tintingz:
He's not deluded with imaginary monsters.

"When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called a Religion." ~ Robert M. Pirsig

how are you so sure? Either you are the same person using that account or you are possessed with the same kind of jinn!
Re: Jinn Catching: Good Or Bad by tintingz(m): 5:57pm On Mar 12, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

how are you so sure? Either you are the same person using that account or you are possessed with the same kind of jinn!

He never claim of jinn possess, you're the one assuming he's possessed by jinn with your religious delusion and fallacy.

And I'm not the one using that account and I'm not possessed by any silly imaginary jinns.
Re: Jinn Catching: Good Or Bad by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:09am On Mar 13, 2018
tintingz:
He never claim of jinn possess, you're the one assuming he's possessed by jinn with your religious delusion and fallacy.

And I'm not the one using that account and I'm not possessed by any silly imaginary jinns.

Do you know the symptoms of Jinn Possession? I think i can see it clearly! Go for Ruqyah!
Re: Jinn Catching: Good Or Bad by tintingz(m): 7:55am On Mar 13, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

Do you know the symptoms of Jinn Possession? I think i can see it clearly! Go for Ruqyah!
The symptoms of jinn possession is acting psycho, delusional this is common among religious people, you hardly see non-religious people hunted by imaginary monsters, or hearing and seeing imaginary things.

Like these threads,

https://www.nairaland.com/3633308/seeing-angels-malaika

https://www.nairaland.com/4371179/pictures-jinn-issue-it-safe

https://www.nairaland.com/4311416/islam-spirituality

https://www.nairaland.com/1116143/jinn-stories

https://www.nairaland.com/3545668/spirit-husband

https://www.nairaland.com/4340493/snake-swallows-n36m-cash-jamb#64946476

This one even claim she's being attacked in dream by her mother, in dream o!

https://www.nairaland.com/4378892/always-being-attacked-dream-mother

Here's what psychology said.

Religious, spiritual, or transpersonal experiences and beliefs meet many criteria of delusional or psychotic disorders. A belief or experience can sometimes be shown to produce distress or disability—the ordinary standard for judging mental disorders. There is a link between religion and schizophrenia, a complex mental disorder characterized by a difficulty in recognizing reality, regulating emotional responses, and thinking in a clear and logical manner. Those with schizophrenia commonly report some type of religious delusion, and religion itself may be a trigger for schizophrenia.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mental_disorder

I'm tired of seeing religious people acting like this around me, witch hunt, jinn hunt, demon hunt, mermaid hunt, ghost hunt, dream hunt, snake-money hunt and all other nonsense hallucinated superstitions.

1 Like

Re: Jinn Catching: Good Or Bad by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:22am On Mar 14, 2018
tintingz:
The symptoms of jinn possession is acting psycho, delusional this is common among religious people, you hardly see non-religious people hunted by imaginary monsters, or hearing and seeing imaginary things.

Like these threads,

https://www.nairaland.com/3633308/seeing-angels-malaika

https://www.nairaland.com/4371179/pictures-jinn-issue-it-safe

https://www.nairaland.com/4311416/islam-spirituality

https://www.nairaland.com/1116143/jinn-stories

https://www.nairaland.com/3545668/spirit-husband

https://www.nairaland.com/4340493/snake-swallows-n36m-cash-jamb#64946476

This one even claim she's being attacked in dream by her mother, in dream o!

https://www.nairaland.com/4378892/always-being-attacked-dream-mother

Here's what psychology said.

Religious, spiritual, or transpersonal experiences and beliefs meet many criteria of delusional or psychotic disorders. A belief or experience can sometimes be shown to produce distress or disability—the ordinary standard for judging mental disorders. There is a link between religion and schizophrenia, a complex mental disorder characterized by a difficulty in recognizing reality, regulating emotional responses, and thinking in a clear and logical manner. Those with schizophrenia commonly report some type of religious delusion, and religion itself may be a trigger for schizophrenia.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mental_disorder

I'm tired of seeing religious people acting like this around me, witch hunt, jinn hunt, demon hunt, mermaid hunt, ghost hunt, dream hunt, snake-money hunt and all other nonsense hallucinated superstitions.

Common among Religious people? This is falsehood! So none of your Pastafarian gang that worships Flying Spaghetti Monster has Schizophrenia? You really have a Jinn issue to have spilled this!
Re: Jinn Catching: Good Or Bad by tintingz(m): 11:05am On Mar 14, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

Common among Religious people? This is falsehood! So none of your Pastafarian gang that worships Flying Spaghetti Monster has Schizophrenia? You really have a Jinn issue to have spilled this!
Auzubillahi, when will you put stop to your strawman?

How may times will I tell you I'm an atheist and pastafaranism is a parody religion.

Re: Jinn Catching: Good Or Bad by emekaRaj(m): 1:59pm On Mar 14, 2018
iamgenius:

We know that Allah created the Jinns and we can't see
them in this world. Most Jinns are Kuffaars (disbelievers
in Allah).

Since we can't see them how can we be sure of whatever they tell us. There are many instances whereby Jinns lie to Raaqi. Since the Raaqi can't see them, how can he be sure of whatever they tell him.

For example : A Raaqi whom I know very well(Alhaji Isa Akindele) once said "while he was performing a Ruqyah for someone, the Jinn told him that he has been alive from the time of Prophet Sulaymaan(Alayhis Salaam).

After few months during another Ruqyah session for another person, Alhaji Isa asked the jinn how true the claim of the former jinn is concerning their(Jinns) life span. The Jinn replied that the former Jinn is a liar that Jinns don't live long like the claimed life span. He also told him how long the oldest of them usually live. "

There are many occasions whereby Jinns will claim to have left his victim's body, but he hasn't. Shaykh ibn Taymiyyah said they can be deceiving to the extent that they will hide in the toe of their victims and the Raaqi will be reciting the Ruqyah up there while he doesn't know that the jinn is not close to hearing what he's reciting.

No raqi will tell u that they believe 100% watever jinn tells them, it's not only jinns that are liars humans are too. Wat we do is to deduct whatever make sense and throw the rest in thrash. There's no way u can perform a ruqyah and say u will not believe whatever they say, it's better u dnt do ruqyah then.

If u r intelligent there's a way u catch them wen they lie. Eg wen a jinn say he is a Muslim, there are questions u ask him to verify that, and u will recite the verse of hypocrites burning at the lowest depth of hell fire, he will burn and confess.

So u have no point their, we all know jinn are liars it's not a breaking news.

And please if u have not performed ruqyah pls show respect to raqi's its not an easy job they are risking everything dear to them to help pple. Including family, children, jobs, life everything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jinn Catching: Good Or Bad by emekaRaj(m): 2:33pm On Mar 14, 2018
tintingz:
Auzubillahi, when will you put stop to your strawman?

How may times will I tell you I'm an atheist and pastafaranism is a parody religion.

Are u not dilutional? U don't believe in Allah but u seek refuge with him.

Internet never forgets, u claim to be pastafaranism, now u are been referred to dat way, u are denying it again. Are you confused or u are just a bad liar

1 Like

Re: Jinn Catching: Good Or Bad by tintingz(m): 3:26pm On Mar 14, 2018
emekaRaj:

Are u not dilutional? U don't believe in Allah but u seek refuge with him.
So you can't sense sarcasm?

Internet never forgets, u claim to be pastafaranism, now u are been referred to dat way, u are denying it again. Are you confused or u are just a bad liar
Oh my God!

Kindly know what "Pastafaranism" is all about.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
Re: Jinn Catching: Good Or Bad by iamgenius(m): 8:28am On Mar 16, 2018

This method of Ruqyah called Jinn Catching which is adopted by some Raaqis is tantamount to seeking help and refuge from the Jinns. It doesn't mean whether the Jinn is a Muslim or not. None of the Pious predecessors ever adopted this method. Below are some of their Fatwas concerning seeking help from Jinns.

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked about the ruling on using the services of Muslim jinn to treat disease if that is needed. He replied: The sick person should not use the services of the jinn for treatment or ask them for anything, rather he should ask well known doctors, but he should not turn to the jinn, because that is a means that leads
to worshipping them and believing them.
Among the jinn are some who are kaafirs and some who are Muslims, and some who are innovators, and you do not know about them. So you should not rely on them or ask them for anything, even if they appear to you. Rather you should ask the people of knowledge and human doctors. Allaah condemned the mushrikeen as He said: “And verily, there were men among mankind who took shelter with the males among the jinn, but they (jinn) increased them (mankind) in sin and transgression”[al-Jinn 72:6]

And it is a means that leads to dependence upon them and shirk, and it leads to seeking benefit fromthem and seeking their help, and all of that is shirk. From: Majallat al-Da’wah(no. 1602, Rabee’ al-Awwal 1418AH, p. 34)

Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan (may Allaah preserve him) said: The help of the jinn should not be sought, whether from the Muslims among them or those who say that they are Muslim, because he may say that he is Muslim but he is lying in order to interfere with people. This should be prevented from the outset. It is not permissible to seek the help of the jinn even if they say that they are Muslims, because this opens the door to trouble. It is not permissible to seek the help of one who is absent whether he is a jinni or otherwise, and whether he is a Muslim or not. Rather we should seek the help of one who is present and is able to help, as Allaah said of Moosa : “The man of his (own) party asked him for help against his foe”[al-Qasas 28:15] Moosa was present and able to help, and it was possible for him to help as this was an ordinary situation. From: Al-Sihr wa’l-Sha’wadhah, p. 86, 87

Re: Jinn Catching: Good Or Bad by iamgenius(m): 8:42am On Mar 16, 2018

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, telling us how Allaah taught His slaves: “ ‘I have created all My slaves with the inclination to worship Me alone, but the devils come to them and turn them away from their religion. They forbid to them that which I have permitted to them, and they tell them to associate others with Me for which I have not sent down any authority.’” Narrated by Muslim (2865).

It says in al-Mawsoo’ah al-Fiqhiyyah(14/18): As for seeking help from anyone other than Allaah, it is either from humans or from the jinn. If it is seeking help from the jinn, then thisis forbidden and it may be shirk and kufr. “And verily, there were men among mankind who took shelter with the males among the jinn, but they (jinn) increased them (mankind) in sin and transgression” [al-Jinn 72:6]. Shaykh al-Albaani said inal-Silsilah al-Saheehah(hadeeth no. 2760):

This also includes some who appear outwardly to be righteous treating people by means of that which they call “spiritual medicine (al-tibb al-roohaani)”, whether that is in the ancient manner by contacting his qareen or jinn companion – as they used to do during the Jaahiliyyah – or it is done by means of what they call “summoning the spirits”. Similar to that in my opinion is hypnotism. All of these are means that are not acceptable in sharee’ah, because they all boil down to seeking the help of the jinn who were the causeof the mushrikeen going astray as it says in the Holy Qur’aan :

“And verily, there were men among mankind who took shelter with the males among the jinn, but they (jinn) increased them (mankind) in sin and transgression”[al-Jinn 72:6]

“O you who believe! Verily, among your wives and your children there are enemies for you (who may stopyou from the obedience of Allaah); therefore beware of them!”[al-Taghaabun 64:14]

Allah informed us of enemies among our wives and children, what do you now think about the enmity and tricks Shaytaan and his companions were.

Allah also says:
“And on the Day when He will gather them (all) together (and say): ‘O you assembly of jinn! Manydid you mislead of men,’ and their Awliyaa’ (friends and helpers) amongst men will say: ‘Our Lord! We benefited one from the other, but now we have reached our appointed term which You did appoint for us.’ He will say: ‘The Fire be your dwelling place, you willdwell therein forever, except as Allaah may will. Certainly your Lordis All-Wise, All-Knowing’”[al-An’aam 6:128]

The meaning of the phrase ‘We benefited one from the other’ is that the men venerated the jinn and submitted to them and sought help from them, and the jinn served them by doing what they wanted and bringing them what they asked for. That includes informing them of the type of sickness and its causes, because the jinn can come to know of things that humans cannot; but they may tell lies, because they cannot be trusted, and it is not permissible to believe them. And Allaah knows best.Al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah li’l-Buhooth al-‘Ilmiyyah wa’l-Iftaa’

This is what the scholars said concerning those who engage in such practices :

It says in al-Insaafby al-Mardaawi (10/351): “As for the one who claims to have power over the jinn and claims thathe can summon them and they obey him, he should not be denounced as a kaafir or executed, but he should be given a ta’zeer punishment.” He should be given a severe ta’zeer punishment that should not reach the extent of execution, according to the correct view of our madhhab; and it was said that his ta’zeer punishment may reach the extent of execution.

May Allah guide us to the straight path,aamin.
Re: Jinn Catching: Good Or Bad by iamgenius(m): 8:48am On Mar 16, 2018
emekaRaj:

No raqi will tell u that they believe 100% watever jinn tells them, it's not only jinns that are liars humans are too. Wat we do is to deduct whatever make sense and throw the rest in thrash. There's no way u can perform a ruqyah and say u will not believe whatever they say, it's better u dnt do ruqyah then.

If u r intelligent there's a way u catch them wen they lie. Eg wen a jinn say he is a Muslim, there are questions u ask him to verify that, and u will recite the verse of hypocrites burning at the lowest depth of hell fire, he will burn and confess.

So u have no point their, we all know jinn are liars it's not a breaking news.

And please if u have not performed ruqyah pls show respect to raqi's its not an easy job they are risking everything dear to them to help pple. Including family, children, jobs, life everything.

Since they are doing a great job, we shouldn't inform them when they are transgressing abi?

(1) (Reply)

When The Ummah Was Almost Destroyed / In Need Of A Muslim Sister For a Second Wife / Top Pro-assad Sunni Cleric Killed As Suicide Bombing Hits Damascus Mosque

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.