Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

God Save Us All..when RCCG Turns Religion To Madness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Save Us All..when RCCG Turns Religion To Madness (1009 Views)

8 Important Ways God's Mercy Can Save Us From The Destroyer / The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) / Nobody Needs Jesus Or Religion to be Righteous (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Save Us All..when RCCG Turns Religion To Madness by Nobody: 3:27pm On Mar 12, 2018
God saves us all.... Temitope Temitope Aduroja writes... I don't like Poke nosing or rubbernecking into people's affair but I have been meditating over this issue since yesterday. The General Overseer of RCCG Pastor Adeboye is coming to Abuja on Sunday. The students of Redeemer secondary school in Minna( Niger State) were told to pay N15,000 (Fifteen thousand) each to be able to see Pastor Adeboye and receive his handshake. Mind you, the money is not compulsory. Yesterday (Wednesday) was the deadline for the payment, so that the students will be convey to Abuja with their school buses on Thursday (Today) in preparation for Sunday service in Abuja. Whereas, through commercial vehicles, Abuja to Minna is just N1,200. . A staff at my PPA in which we both share the same office is a Redeem member who has 3 children in this school. The school fees for each of his children is 45,000 (45K) according to him. The children told their dad that they were asked to pay 15k in school for them to see pastor Adeboye in Abuja and receive his handshake. The dad told them that he's not interested and he doesn't have the money. His wife remains adamant that he must pay the money because his children must see Pastor Adeboye for the first time in their life and receive his handshake and blessings because their mates in school are paying the fees and she believes that his husband has the money because he just received salary but doesn't want to pay. The man told his wife that 15k in 3 places is 45k which is enough to pay the school fees of one of their children instead of using the money to receive ordinary handshake. The man told his wife that they will watch the service live and direct on DSTV Station (Dove TV) and his children will be claiming the blessings but the wife says No. The man says himself and his wife almost engage in physical combat over this issue on Tuesday morning and since then, both of them haven't been in speaking terms. Unfortunately for the husband, the woman reported her husband to their Grandma (husband's mother) and one of the pastors in their church. . On Wednesday Morning( Yesterday) around 10;30am in the Office, The Grand mother who is also a Redeem member called is son on phone and started begging and persuading him to pay the money but the man says No. He told her the reasons why he won't pay such money but due to the level of spirituality of the Grandmother, She was incorrigible to be convinced. One of their pastors also called the husband on phone and they talk talk and talk. In order not to bore you with the rest of the fiasco, Around 12;45pm Yesterday, After serious pleading and begging from Pastor and family members, The husband agree to pay for a Child, The wife also agreed to pay for the Second Child while the Grandmother agreed to pay for the third child. The husband wasn't happy because he was frustrated. . My simple question are these, What meaningful impact will the 2 Seconds handshake have in the lives of those children?? Will it make them a better person in all ramifications of life than their contemporaries who doesn't accompany them to Abuja for the handshake Excursion?? Must we continue to waste money on something That doesn't mean much in the name of Religion or Pastor? Lastly, How come an average Nigerian women always go crazy in the name of religion?? . I rest my case!

Source: facebook
https://mbasic.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1872587392815623&id=100001931417432&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.1872587392815623%3Atl_objid.1872587392815623%3Athrowback_story_fbid.1872587392815623%3Athid.100001931417432%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1522565999%3A-8977534158393951850&__tn__=%2As-R

1 Like

Re: God Save Us All..when RCCG Turns Religion To Madness by will2lead(m): 3:36pm On Mar 12, 2018
try add the link to the source

Re: God Save Us All..when RCCG Turns Religion To Madness by Nobody: 3:39pm On Mar 12, 2018
will2lead:
try add the link to the source

Source has been added Sir.
Re: God Save Us All..when RCCG Turns Religion To Madness by BeingFrank(m): 3:39pm On Mar 12, 2018
Whats The Verisimilitude Of This Information? If It Has Any Iota Of Truth, Is It Possible That The G O Adeboye Was Unaware Of The Financial Extortion Arrangement? I Feel For The Man, His Only Crime Is That He Got Married To A Very Myopic Woman.
Re: God Save Us All..when RCCG Turns Religion To Madness by momentum85(m): 3:41pm On Mar 12, 2018
that's why men die before women, putting unnecessary pressure on a man just for frivolities, the man self get church mind, if I were him I won't pay a dime and won't listen to anybody. mxm
Re: God Save Us All..when RCCG Turns Religion To Madness by OkCornel(m): 3:55pm On Mar 12, 2018
I wonder if the disciples of Jesus charged people for touching Jesus...

Defrauding people in the name of God... ignorance is a terrible mental disease...
Re: God Save Us All..when RCCG Turns Religion To Madness by delishpot: 3:59pm On Mar 12, 2018
Stupid wife is all I can say.
Re: God Save Us All..when RCCG Turns Religion To Madness by Acidosis(m): 4:57pm On Mar 12, 2018
There is no way Pastor Adeboye will encourage a thing like this. I'm also certain he's not aware of the "madness" in Niger state.

The "madness" certainly emanated from a desperate school principal.

That being said, I'm not surprised at all, it is not easy to run a church, let alone a church with at least 1 to 2 branches in every street in Nigeria.
Re: God Save Us All..when RCCG Turns Religion To Madness by Godssword1(m): 5:28pm On Mar 12, 2018
Chineke!

(1) (Reply)

The Old Testament Is The Book Of Satan / Michael Jackson’s Daughter Set To Portray Jesus As A Lesbian In A New Movie / What GOD Reveal To Me Concerning The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.