Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,452 members, 7,808,609 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:15 PM

See How Wearing Waist Beads Saved A Girl From Being Raped. True Story - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / See How Wearing Waist Beads Saved A Girl From Being Raped. True Story (1937 Views)

Blood Money - A True Story Of Money Rituals.... / Saved By Sin / Saved By Amnesia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How Wearing Waist Beads Saved A Girl From Being Raped. True Story by EgbechoFaith(f): 9:50pm On Mar 12, 2018
I was under one of the trees in my school’s love garden calling my friend on phone. There was really something about her that I love to hate. She was always late. We needed to submit some papers and our passports to the department before we could collect our convocation gowns.

Ever since I met her in school and we became friends, she often came late leaving me at a spot to wait. Three days to our convocation, I still had to wait. Gosh! I stamped my foot on the ground looking at every passing taxi. She told me she was in a taxi, if only she wasn’t exaggerating.

I bought two vanilla ice creams to pass time. I didn’t want to buy for her at first. But, OK. We usually bought for two.
“Stupid late coming graduate” I nagged as I gave her the ice cream when she arrived eventually.
“Thank you idiot” she was always laughing like me.

We giggled a little before she started another version of conversation.
“You won’t thank God that I’m still alive. That your friend is walking with two legs”

“How? Was the driver that brought you here drunk?” I asked with a little concern.

“No. Hah! That would have been better. A day before yesterday. I would have seen hell by myself”

“Talk please! What happened to you. Besides walk fast it’s almost 1pm before those lazy civil servants retire home.”

“I will beat you! I’m talking about how I almost lost my life and my V-card you are checking time. Listen joor!”

“Ewooo! V-card! This is serious. What happened? What happened on Monday? You said you were in your father’s shop.”
I spurted biting the blocked ice cream together with it’s sack. I was looking straight into my friend’s mouth as if that will make her stop licking her own ice cream and just finish the story.
“I was in my Father’s shop as usual. Helping to sell woods and there was a man..young guy or man I also sell for sometimes. Or when supply comes they give me the money to keep for him. Like that. Like that. I was just familiar with the guy.”

“OK. So?”

“Based on Tom boys things na. I’m just rolling with the guy then he said he will help me with some money as regards this collection of gown. My dad was just delaying giving me money. So he said I should follow him to his house. As someone I know or should I say I thought I knew. I followed. My dear sister”

“Your dear what? How can you be so stupid to follow..”

“You see why I will disown your friendship one day. Allow me talk na.”

“Oh. my mouth shut up” I held my lips with two of my fingers.

“Seriously inside Town. Inside inside. I thought I knew Town but that side I have not been there before. He drove me inside to an uncompleted building. Not really incomplete but workers were still there doing some stuffs but few of the rooms had doors. Since workers were there. I just felt free. Following him about as he spoke with the workers also inspecting their work.”

“Was it his house?”

“He said it was his house o. So before I knew it, everywhere was quiet…..became quiet. I was in one of the rooms with him gisting by that time.”

“Chei!”

“No be small Chei o. All of a sudden I just realised we were alone in one of the rooms. I then asked him about what he promised. He didn’t even answer me. He just locked the door and threw the keys into his pocket.”

“Jesus! That guy has been planning you since day one.”

“Imaging. And I was merely helping him in his business. He was even the one that freely promised to dash me something for my graduation. He said I should come and hug him. I said how. Seriously. This guy shouted, Miracle! I said come and hug me. Fear gripped me. God! You needed to see how the day turned into black magic. That was when I started seeing the devil in him.”

My mouth fell open as she was telling that part.

“He shouted again but I didn’t move. Out of someone I knew before I said, hah! Bros it hasn’t gotten to shout. I just came because you promised me… He said I promised you that’s why I only want a hug. I said OK. Hug wasn’t bad. I first inserted my phone very deep into my pocket and drew close to him. In the process of hugging. He started to kiss my neck.”

“He was necking you! Woow!”

“Shut up! That was a horrible necking” We laughed.

“As I tried to pull myself from the tangle. You needed to feel the slap he gave me. Very nonsensical slap that turned my eyes to green. I fell. He quickly pulled his belt. I screamed. I screamed! I didn’t know people could turn into serpent in just one second. He said do you think anything or anyone at all will hear you? Scream! Scream all you can, no one will hear you. He flung the belt. I dodged. The next two wipes got me and I was really screaming.
Everywhere remained quiet as if I had no voice at all. God! That was when I started looking up and down around the house as if I could see God and drag him down. I was running about with him. Untll he caught up with me!”

“Hei!” I threw away the empty ice cream sack and raised my hands above my head as if I was witnessing the incident there and then.

“I just started gasping and acting as if I had asthma. The situation turned me into a lifeless asthma soul loosing all of air. I was trying to pretend so that he would leave me. For where? He pinned me to the wall trying to unbutton my jean. I was still trying to struggle no way. He succeeded in unbuttoning the jean, about to drag everything down so that he could have his way. Guess what happened?”

“What happened?”

“I said guess what happened?”

“Seriously my brain is blank now I can’t. Talk. Just say it” Truly, my brain was blank because after all the drama she acted I couldn’t ponder what could have saved her from such a lonely trap.

“Just start dancing. Start dancing.” She said to me running around me. I started running around too. We were both crazy and we knew it even our lecturers back then knew it too.

“What? What happened? Say it oh!” I was very curious. She began laughing.

“Heh! Life is huge o. Immediately his hand felt my waist bead, the guy fell back. I became shocked. He shouted! You needed to see the way he opened the door and pushed me out!”

“Jeeeez! You mean to say our friendship waist beabs saved you? The 100 naira waist beads we bought from that aboki saved you?”

“I’m telling you. I don’t really know. Maybe someone with waist beads have dealt with him before. Because as soon as he touched it in the process of trying to pull my trouser. He screamed. Mehn! I ran and ran till I met people whom I followed untill I started seeing cabs.”

“Jesus! That’s serious! What you were screaming for since, ordinary waist beads chased him. It’s not as if we have charms on our waist beads.”

“That’s what I’m saying. Maybe he hates waist beads due to one thing or the other. Mehn! I just thank God for waist beads and a crazy idiot like you.”

“Yeeeah! Because I suggested we wear waist beads as sign of BFF. Yees! I’m the Hero!”
We were screaming already running down a stair case from a parking lot that led to our department.

“Keep quiet rat! Which Hero. Who dash you. You weren’t there for me. Waist bead was there for me!”

“Hahahahaha the waist beads I bought for you fool!”

She started chasing me down the walk way.

For more, visit
http://egbechofaith.com/my-friend-in-troubled-waters/

1 Like

Re: See How Wearing Waist Beads Saved A Girl From Being Raped. True Story by Skyfornia(m): 10:03pm On Mar 12, 2018
Nice story...next!
Re: See How Wearing Waist Beads Saved A Girl From Being Raped. True Story by EgbechoFaith(f): 10:32pm On Mar 12, 2018
E happen real for Rivers State o... Go and get your own beads... Lol.
Next story is coming.

1 Like

Re: See How Wearing Waist Beads Saved A Girl From Being Raped. True Story by Kaycee9242(m): 11:10pm On Mar 12, 2018
I don't doubt story coz myself can't sleep with a lady with beads on her waist, no matter d reason behind it
Re: See How Wearing Waist Beads Saved A Girl From Being Raped. True Story by EgbechoFaith(f): 11:23pm On Mar 12, 2018
Seriously? That means...... OK. Let me not talk upandan ... grin grin. Lmao. It's historic sha
Re: See How Wearing Waist Beads Saved A Girl From Being Raped. True Story by SheWrites(f): 3:58pm On Mar 14, 2018
Thanking God for your friend...
Rape is Something I can't even wish on my enemy...
Really bad experience.
Re: See How Wearing Waist Beads Saved A Girl From Being Raped. True Story by EgbechoFaith(f): 8:38pm On Mar 15, 2018
Wish everyone will think like you.

(1) (Reply)

Poem / Books Of Revelation / Ada's Dreams; A Short Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.