Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,167 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

Why You Should Not Laminate Certificates And Other Vital Documents - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why You Should Not Laminate Certificates And Other Vital Documents (37302 Views)

Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) / Vital Information Must Be In Your Offer Letter Before You Accept It. / Tescom:don't Waste Your Time To Apply Online Without This 7 Vital Documents (2) (3) (4)

Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Certificates And Other Vital Documents by Tonymic4life(m): 7:59am On Mar 13, 2018
Wiseoldman:
If you need to laminate. Get one of them new clear printers and make an exact color copy. Then laminate that copy, leave the original intact!

Best suggestion so far.

Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Certificates And Other Vital Documents by dtruth50: 8:02am On Mar 13, 2018
Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Certificates And Other Vital Documents by adedayourt(m): 8:03am On Mar 13, 2018
Angelb4:
Bros, I laminated mine since 1999, and it's still intact. If i didn't laminate, cockroach and time for don chop the year and name out.

Dont mind op talking wetin no folo. My laminated credentials areas good as new each time I look at it even after I received it over 10yrs nw

Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Certificates And Other Vital Documents by Burgerlomo: 8:04am On Mar 13, 2018
Nice one
Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Certificates And Other Vital Documents by sirgalahad26(m): 8:04am On Mar 13, 2018
OP, i agree with u to some extent.
Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Certificates And Other Vital Documents by DanEmakoji(m): 8:04am On Mar 13, 2018
How can I delaminate my documents?

Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Certificates And Other Vital Documents by Nobody: 8:06am On Mar 13, 2018
sett1ngz:

Meanwhile

Still very clean Infinix note 4 for sale
3gig ram
32 gig rom
Updated to version 8.1 already
Asking price 45k
Location Abeokuta

Is it laminated?

Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Certificates And Other Vital Documents by clive2u(m): 8:07am On Mar 13, 2018
If your laminated documents is spoilt or twisted by heat just iron it with hot box iron. Thank me when you've done it
Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Certificates And Other Vital Documents by rookiy(m): 8:07am On Mar 13, 2018
I dey laminate anything ..even bet9ja slip and Brt ticket
Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Certificates And Other Vital Documents by MrHighSea: 8:07am On Mar 13, 2018
Kingwizzy16:
Op I disagree sha

My dad marriage certificate he laminated 35yrs ago, is still intact

Most imptly, d marriage intact pass.
Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Certificates And Other Vital Documents by Drabrah(m): 8:09am On Mar 13, 2018
In conclusion, I'm not convinced.
In fact I've laminated many of my important docs many of wc wuddav bn rendered invalid by rat, cockroach et al if I'd not done so.
And don't tell me leak proof bag anything. Dat ll at best work for cockroaches, not rats.

Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Certificates And Other Vital Documents by BABANGBALI: 8:24am On Mar 13, 2018
Op is talking thrash
Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Certificates And Other Vital Documents by BABANGBALI: 8:25am On Mar 13, 2018
DanEmakoji:
How can I delaminate my documents?
put them in a burning fire
Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Certificates And Other Vital Documents by tempex88(m): 8:31am On Mar 13, 2018
Vivuch:
The Op is right, foreign embassy don't accept laminated birth certificate, in fact they don't accept anything laminated.

Which of the embassy?

Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Certificates And Other Vital Documents by Coldfeets: 8:46am On Mar 13, 2018
QTEST007:
GUESS THAT'S HOW BUHARI CERTIFICATE GOT DAMAGED.
SHAME.

Of all things you could think of...?

Shame on you.
Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Certificates And Other Vital Documents by HoodBillionaire: 8:47am On Mar 13, 2018
wen naija home rats
deal with u ehn
u go hail
Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Certificates And Other Vital Documents by DaBillionnaire: 8:48am On Mar 13, 2018
brightgreat:
Let's not be decieved by this don't laminate your documents ishhh....I wonder where you all got this mentality of verifications are marred once you laminate your certs. I for one had that notion until someone who's into forgery advised me to laminate my documents and avoid it getting damaged as this doesn't affect verifications in any way

If a firm is not too satisfied with the provided document(laminated) they can always write the school or programme you obtained the certs to verify

My 1 kobo advise "when you go to laminate your stuffs request to see what the person is doing at close range cos pull out game is important when it's about going wrong"

did you read this part

THINGS TO CONSIDER IF YOU INTEND TO LAMINATE.
Here is an advice for you…

¶ Use plastic bags with seal at the tips to save keep documents instead of laminating.

¶ If you intend to laminate, make sure you confirm the machine being used isn’t over heated or confirm via sampled work.

¶ You can opt for cold laminating machine instead of hot, this is proved to be safer.

¶ Keep original documents in a safe bag or case then carry duplicates around only if required to produce original should you bring out.

¶ Keep documents away from dirts, moisture etc.

¶ Even if you insist on laminating your documents, make sure you scan all documents and save it directly to your email or cloud drive such as Google drive, Dropbox etc.
Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Certificates And Other Vital Documents by Ademoore07(m): 8:53am On Mar 13, 2018
A friends certificate was rejected in the UK just because it was laminated during verification exercise in 2015. It took God's intervention and a long journey before they could consider her. Document lamination is only acceptable to Nigeria

Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Certificates And Other Vital Documents by DaBillionnaire: 8:57am On Mar 13, 2018
Ademoore07:
A friends certificate was rejected in the UK just because it was laminated during verification exercise in 2015. It took God's intervention and a long journey before they could consider her. Document lamination is only acceptable to Nigeria

thanks for sharing this
Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Certificates And Other Vital Documents by stankezzy: 9:00am On Mar 13, 2018
Kingwizzy16:
Op I disagree sha

My dad marriage certificate he laminated 35yrs ago, is still intact

please don't listen to the op , if you remove the marriage certificate from the laminate , it may affect the marriage , the lamination is helping to hold everything together

Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Certificates And Other Vital Documents by Orpe7(m): 9:30am On Mar 13, 2018
U can laminate but only the edges as this wont be difficult to remove ur document later
Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Certificates And Other Vital Documents by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:33am On Mar 13, 2018
I only Laminated my GCE result. The security on that result is top notch. WAEC did a good job.
Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Certificates And Other Vital Documents by WebSurfer(m): 9:41am On Mar 13, 2018
Finelinks:
I read on Nairaland that embassies reject laminated certs..
Which embassy is that.. lies
Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Certificates And Other Vital Documents by Cebaz(m): 9:42am On Mar 13, 2018
pero45:
Good one

Some stupid people won't learn from this

Sense sha
why use the language non people. Who are d stupid people? Na waooooo
Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Certificates And Other Vital Documents by WebSurfer(m): 9:43am On Mar 13, 2018
Ademoore07:
Do you mean same birth certificate I used at UK embassy last year with no complain ?
Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Certificates And Other Vital Documents by Kestolovee95(f): 9:48am On Mar 13, 2018
akeentech:
Me wey don laminate everything nko including NEPA BILLS wetin I go con do now?

Se buhari nio ni?
Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Certificates And Other Vital Documents by Ademoore07(m): 9:55am On Mar 13, 2018
WebSurfer:

Do you mean same birth certificate I used at UK embassy last year with no complain ?

Her laminated Nigerian first degree certificate and even WAEC (laminated) certificate was rejected by Robert Gordon university.
Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Certificates And Other Vital Documents by kmaster007: 9:57am On Mar 13, 2018
we no dis bfor
Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Certificates And Other Vital Documents by peacockremi(m): 10:30am On Mar 13, 2018
akeentech:
Me wey don laminate everything nko including NEPA BILLS wetin I go con do now?
NEPA BILL? ,Guy u no get sense b that

u fit laminate person life
Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Certificates And Other Vital Documents by Barblow(m): 11:23am On Mar 13, 2018
Certificate, Document et al can also be kept in olden days metal box cos of fire, dust, moisture, insect, rodent etc
Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Certificates And Other Vital Documents by Ugosample(m): 5:48pm On Mar 13, 2018
Wiseoldman:
If you need to laminate. Get one of them new clear printers and make an exact color copy. Then laminate that copy, leave the original intact!

That's a good idea tho
Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Certificates And Other Vital Documents by Vivuch: 7:04pm On Mar 13, 2018
tempex88:

Which of the embassy?
American embassy, refused my nephew's birthday certificate, because it was laminated.

FAAN Recruitment 2015 Selection List Released / Did You Receive Similar Message From NPC? / FG Receives 800,000 Applications For N-power Jobs