Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

JAMB Plans For Candidates To Do Future UTME At Home - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Plans For Candidates To Do Future UTME At Home (8703 Views)

UTME: Reps Asks JAMB To Suspend NIN Requirement For Candidates / JAMB Lists 16 Prohibited Items For Candidates As UTME Kicks Off On Friday (full / JAMB Orders Candidates To Upload Their O'Level Results Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

JAMB Plans For Candidates To Do Future UTME At Home by agwom(m): 8:36am On Mar 13, 2018
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Examination Board (JAMB) has hinted of plans to have the tertiary institutions entry examination written by candidates from their places of residence across the country.

The board spokesman, Dr. Fabian Benjamin, made this disclosure while featuring on a radio current affairs program, Day Break Show, yesterday in Abeokuta.

“We are thinking of open book examinations or allowing them write the examination from their houses. Once we get the required technology, we can do it,” he declared.

On challenges facing the board, particularly in the ongoing UTME, the JAMB spokesman said, “At any point if there is an issue, we find a way to solve it to ensure all candidates write the UTME with convenience.”

He said the results of the exam would be delayed as there was need to preview them before they were eventually released.

“Once a candidate clicks submit, the result is ready but we wait to preview the results before releasing so we don’t cancel results later. You can detect malpractice even after exams.”

An ICT expert, Damilola Oyeshola, who commented on the idea of tertiary institutions entry examination being taken by candidates from their homes, said the challenge of IT infrastructure in the country would make the idea difficult to implement.

“One of the challenges we have with the UTME computer-based test is how to use computers by the candidates,” Oyeshola said, stressing that there was need for more technology integration particularly in the hinterland for the board to succeed in conducting the UTME for candidates in their respective homes.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/jamb-plans-for-candidates-to-do-future-utme-at-home.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JAMB Plans For Candidates To Do Future UTME At Home by Caustics: 9:00am On Mar 13, 2018
it wont still end cheating
Re: JAMB Plans For Candidates To Do Future UTME At Home by BiafranBushBoy: 9:01am On Mar 13, 2018
wow

More people would become rich by taking up this project.

ICT rules...

If you intend to be part of this ongoing revolution, you can check out the cheapest ICT school where you can learn and get the latest skills.

Best and Cheapest ICT school in Nigeria
Re: JAMB Plans For Candidates To Do Future UTME At Home by snazzy5050(m): 9:02am On Mar 13, 2018
Very welcomed initiative, open book test/exam requires logical thinking not just reading and cramming.....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAMB Plans For Candidates To Do Future UTME At Home by hazan041(m): 9:02am On Mar 13, 2018
Like I've see this coming
Re: JAMB Plans For Candidates To Do Future UTME At Home by EvilChild: 9:02am On Mar 13, 2018
Buhari is a mad dog with no iota of wisdom and a certified slowpoke

3 Likes

Re: JAMB Plans For Candidates To Do Future UTME At Home by Nobody: 9:03am On Mar 13, 2018
Them must here Pesin na grin grin

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Plans For Candidates To Do Future UTME At Home by cerowo(f): 9:03am On Mar 13, 2018
hmmm
Re: JAMB Plans For Candidates To Do Future UTME At Home by duroc(m): 9:04am On Mar 13, 2018
Make I bend if it's possible
Re: JAMB Plans For Candidates To Do Future UTME At Home by rhythyson: 9:05am On Mar 13, 2018
EvilChild:

YOU MISSED YOUR DRUGS AGAIN grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: JAMB Plans For Candidates To Do Future UTME At Home by princeade86(m): 9:05am On Mar 13, 2018
watch as students will score 390 in that jamb. no matter what d technology u may use, there are confirmed hackers for it. so don't try it.
Re: JAMB Plans For Candidates To Do Future UTME At Home by Yoshy: 9:05am On Mar 13, 2018
Obviously, the dullard from Duara has not completely infested jamb.
Re: JAMB Plans For Candidates To Do Future UTME At Home by princejude(m): 9:05am On Mar 13, 2018
In naija
Re: JAMB Plans For Candidates To Do Future UTME At Home by Nobody: 9:05am On Mar 13, 2018
INTERESTING....
Re: JAMB Plans For Candidates To Do Future UTME At Home by pejuakinab: 9:05am On Mar 13, 2018
Ko le werk
Re: JAMB Plans For Candidates To Do Future UTME At Home by UncleBharmi(m): 9:05am On Mar 13, 2018
Cool, I hope malpractice no go blast d idea sha
Re: JAMB Plans For Candidates To Do Future UTME At Home by wonuks(m): 9:06am On Mar 13, 2018
That's goodnews. Weldone Jamb.

Check my bio/signature if you need a professional website design asap without advanced payment
Re: JAMB Plans For Candidates To Do Future UTME At Home by Tracypacy(f): 9:06am On Mar 13, 2018
Nigerian Mom's Discipline kits.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: JAMB Plans For Candidates To Do Future UTME At Home by simonlee(m): 9:06am On Mar 13, 2018
you mean like sitting at home, sipping gulder and at the same time calculating molar mass? cool! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Plans For Candidates To Do Future UTME At Home by Ichel: 9:07am On Mar 13, 2018
Caustics:
caustics
soda bah?

Re: JAMB Plans For Candidates To Do Future UTME At Home by Sheunma: 9:07am On Mar 13, 2018
EvilChild:

Re: JAMB Plans For Candidates To Do Future UTME At Home by sirgalahad26(m): 9:08am On Mar 13, 2018
then u're officialy embracing malpratices
Re: JAMB Plans For Candidates To Do Future UTME At Home by raymytech: 9:08am On Mar 13, 2018
I'll score 500/400
Re: JAMB Plans For Candidates To Do Future UTME At Home by BIGTinfotech: 9:08am On Mar 13, 2018
Great innovation that would be.
Re: JAMB Plans For Candidates To Do Future UTME At Home by Pavore9: 9:08am On Mar 13, 2018
Remember days when "expo" was being thrown into the halls while sitting for UTME! cheesy
Re: JAMB Plans For Candidates To Do Future UTME At Home by Tracypacy(f): 9:08am On Mar 13, 2018
A married woman entered a Pharmacy, she walked to the Pharmacist looked straight into his eyes and said:
'I would like to buy FAST KILLING POISON FOR HUMANS'.
The bewildered Pharmacist asked: 'Why, what for? The lady replied: 'I need it to poison my husband'.
The Pharmacist shouted: 'Lord have mercy, it’s against the law! It’s a sin.'
Absolutely not! shouted the lady. She reached into her bag and pulled out a picture of her husband in bed with the Pharmacist's wife.
The pharmacist looked at the picture and screamed: 'Why didn’t you tell me you had a Prescription.... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: JAMB Plans For Candidates To Do Future UTME At Home by princeade86(m): 9:09am On Mar 13, 2018
my question is, do they write jamb to gain admission in other sane countries ?
Re: JAMB Plans For Candidates To Do Future UTME At Home by fifty5(m): 9:10am On Mar 13, 2018
This is a sound initiatives from jamb we can't afford doing things the old way.
Re: JAMB Plans For Candidates To Do Future UTME At Home by tokrizy: 9:12am On Mar 13, 2018
EXPOOooooooooo
Re: JAMB Plans For Candidates To Do Future UTME At Home by Caustics: 9:15am On Mar 13, 2018
Ichel:

soda bah?
potash? undecided
Re: JAMB Plans For Candidates To Do Future UTME At Home by Whois(m): 9:17am On Mar 13, 2018
If i hear
Re: JAMB Plans For Candidates To Do Future UTME At Home by MrValentineIF: 9:17am On Mar 13, 2018
lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Universities That Offer Criminology In Nigeria And Everything You Need To Know / Uniport 2011/2012 Newly Admitted Student And Aspirants Meet Here:: / Esut Expels 544 Students For Illegal Admission Into Various Faculties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.