Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,856 members, 7,802,744 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

Buhari Rejects Electoral Act Amendment - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Rejects Electoral Act Amendment (25851 Views)

Buhari Rejects Electoral Bill Again / Buhari Rejects Nigerian Peace Corps Bill / Buhari Rejects Files, Orders Aides To Meet Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Act Amendment by uridadole: 9:34pm On Mar 13, 2018
xcolanto:
Good! Let the senate exercise their constitutional powers and veto the bill by a majority vote.
We the citizens are solidly behind the legislative arm of government to implement policies that are favourable to the masses not the executive.
Enough is Enough!
After they test run this for INEC they should gear up for the peace Corp bill.
How does election sequence benefit the masses? Saying what you don't understand because you hate buhari. The Senate is the biggest problem of Nigeria and they have stalled policies that are truly beneficial to the masses. If you call electoral change for selfish end a good OYO.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Act Amendment by duwdu: 9:43pm On Mar 13, 2018
uba1991:
if saraki and his 40thieves are popular why are they afraid of inec time table

Excellent response.

P34c3
Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Act Amendment by Aslawish(m): 9:55pm On Mar 13, 2018
LibertyRep:
The National Assembly, for the first time, might be left with no other choice than to override PMB on this.

I hope it will further strengthen our democracy

Have you forgotten the executive can challenge that in supreme Court.

Go read your constitution wella

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Act Amendment by PHILipu1(m): 10:46pm On Mar 13, 2018
LibertyRep:
The National Assembly, for the first time, might be left with no other choice than to override PMB on this.

The presidency will then go to court and the case will remain in court till after 2023.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Act Amendment by Forevergood: 11:45pm On Mar 13, 2018
PMB You go back to the bush where you come from...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Act Amendment by davidif: 2:49am On Mar 14, 2018
CEOconcord:
President Muhammadu Buhari has rejected the amendment to the Electoral Act, which intended to change the country's elections sequence. The president, it was gathered, gave three reasons for withholding assent to the bill, which was passed by both chambers of the National Assembly.

Sources said that the president has yesterday communicated his decision to the federal legislature in two separate letters addressed to the Senate President Bukola Saraki and Speaker Yakubu Dogara. The two presiding officers are expected to read the letters to their colleagues at plenary between today and Thursday. Following the passage of the bill by the National Assembly, several civil society organizations (CSOs), senior lawyers and other notable Nigerians kicked against it, calling on the president not to assent to it.

Source: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/amplite/breaking-buhari-rejects-electoral-act-amendment.html?

My goodness! What a terrible article. They don't even try to explain to people what the electoral act is they just write as if everyone knows what they are talking about. Isn't it the job of the press to inform the people? Na wa o. Journalism just like almost everything in naija is just awful.
Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Act Amendment by robotix: 7:30am On Mar 14, 2018
So101:
see the National Assembly is corrupt these are not national but political issues that serve them best..so I stand with PMB, let the National Assembly focus on National issues and stop all this foolishness...there are other pressing matters they can use their remaining time to focus on. like for real this present legislators are full of BS
oga PMB alone is a national disaster that should not be repeated and yes, he is a nation issue of concern.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Act Amendment by robotix: 7:32am On Mar 14, 2018
uridadole:

How does election sequence benefit the masses? Saying what you don't understand because you hate buhari. The Senate is the biggest problem of Nigeria and they have stalled policies that are truly beneficial to the masses. If you call electoral change for selfish end a good OYO.
as far as PMB is concerned, it benefit the masses cos this will weaken him which is good for the masses as well.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Act Amendment by ubongokon(m): 7:33am On Mar 14, 2018
LibertyRep:

Needless effort, no 2/3 majority

1 Like

Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Act Amendment by Gaddafiyusf(m): 8:29am On Mar 14, 2018
Trash

1 Like

Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Act Amendment by So101: 11:40am On Mar 14, 2018
robotix:
oga PMB alone is a national disaster that should not be repeated and yes, he is a nation issue of concern.
please stop talking like an unintelligent person..make I no vex for you oh!. America no fit avert 9/11 which killed more than the number of people that died in Benue alone! Every now and again you hear of terrorist attacks in countries like America, France, England etc these attacks were not averted yes the things wey dey happen for our country are sad indeed but instead of us to come together as one we dey busy dey tear ourselves apart take it from me the leadership is not even up to half of the problem but the people are because we stand by foolishness and let it rule us every time like in the case of the National Assembly. PMB May have his shortcomings but who amongst these hungry mofos can do better for Nigeria in all sincerity none!!! You better wake up before it’s too late me I no get PVC oh I no dey vote oh but I can authoritatively tell you that if I was to vote I will vote for PMB.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Meets Saraki And Dogara At State House(photos) / Umaru Musa Yar'adua (16 August 1951 – 5 May 2010) May His Soul Rest In Peace / Is This The End Of Boko Haram? - REUTERS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.