Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,875 members, 7,806,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

Living Out The Crucified Life + Benefits (must Read) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Living Out The Crucified Life + Benefits (must Read) (868 Views)

Carrying, Repeating, Re-affirming The Realities Of Jesus Crucified Life Daily / Planted Inside The Crucified Jesus Christ Fresh Each Second / Why Muslims Dodge Explaining Why Jesus Wasn't Crucified Nor Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Living Out The Crucified Life + Benefits (must Read) by Godssword1(m): 6:41pm On Mar 13, 2018
You are a Christian... that's certain, but are you living a crucified life? I know that more than half of those reading this would respond with a resounding "Yes"! I cannot say we aren't. But I trust that at the end of this article, by His Grace we will personally receive for ourselves the right answer to this question.

In the book of Galatians, Apostle Paul confesses boldly that he is crucified with Christ. What made him so bold about it? The answer is simple: many saw in his very life the manifestation of his confession.

Galatians 2:20 KJV
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Whenever this topic is raised among Christians, eyebrows get raised and there is this perception of 'self-righteousness and perfection'. We must note that by Paul confessing he was crucified with Christ, he was neither implying he was perfect nor living out this kind of life by His own strength. He made it clear in Philippians 3 that he keeps pressing on towards the mark:

Philippians 3:12-14 KJV
Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. [13] Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, [14] I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

I am also not saying am perfect. Like Apostle Paul, I press towards the mark. No Christian is yet perfect while still in this physical body and plane of existence. Perfection is what we will attain when we've put off this flesh and get clothed in our glorified bodies.

We cannot be perfect while we're still on Earth but the LORD expects every true believer to attain maturity in Him during their lifetime on this realm of existence. We cannot say that Paul was perfect but we can all admit the reality that he was mature in Christ. A crucified life is therefore a product and evidence of maturity in Christ.

Living a crucified life means... CONTINUE READING HERE:

https://www.ibloggospel.com/2021/01/how-to-crucify-flesh-and-its-passions.html

(1) (Reply)

Dear God I Am Breaking Up With You / Wonder:Fireball Falling Through Lagos Skies / Leke Adeboye Replies Critics With A Must-see Throwback!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.