Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,741 members, 7,806,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

Help! My Camry 1998 V6 O2 Sensor Was Unplugged. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help! My Camry 1998 V6 O2 Sensor Was Unplugged. (828 Views)

Wilfredpat22 Camry 1998 Rear Suspension. / Car Engine Mount For Camry 1998 ( Tinylite)? / Camry 1998 Nigeria Used For Sale (benin City) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Camry 1998 V6 O2 Sensor Was Unplugged. by mymstrokes00(m): 11:11pm On Mar 13, 2018
Good day guys, I bought my Camry 1998 toks two years ago but ever since then I have been battling with crazy fuel consumption. 6litre don't even go 20km. My mechanic changed spark plugs, nozzles but the fuel mileage never changed a bit. So today I was just checking through the car alas! My o2 sensor was unplugged and kept hidden somewhere in the engine, I'm talking bout the front o2 sensor very close to the exhaust manifold, one other wire was knotted too. I haven't used a scanner on the car yet. Please what should I do now... Advice pls.
Re: Help! My Camry 1998 V6 O2 Sensor Was Unplugged. by mymstrokes00(m): 11:19pm On Mar 13, 2018
I read on numerous post on this platform that absent or faulty o2 sensor contribute to high fuel consumption. Why would mine be left unplugged even though the car was bought toks and I rarely allow mechanics to work on it only when I want to change oil and other regular car services....
Re: Help! My Camry 1998 V6 O2 Sensor Was Unplugged. by obekediamondfuto(m): 11:46pm On Mar 13, 2018
u will most likely get o2codes if u scan!
but an absent sensor will not cause the kind of thirst u r describing. firstly scan vehicle then check catalytic converter where the o2 sensor is plugged, ask the mechanic to confirm if there is one present in the car and I mean the one just opposite the radiator in the engine bay!

u can. also get a Bluetooth scanner very affordable and user friendly
Re: Help! My Camry 1998 V6 O2 Sensor Was Unplugged. by mymstrokes00(m): 12:10am On Mar 14, 2018
obekediamondfuto:
u will most likely get o2codes if u scan!
but an absent sensor will not cause the kind of thirst u r describing. firstly scan vehicle then check catalytic converter where the o2 sensor is plugged, ask the mechanic to confirm if there is one present in the car and I mean the one just opposite the radiator in the engine bay!

u can. also get a Bluetooth scanner very affordable and user friendly
thank you sir... I will check with the mechanic this weekend then and see if I can get the car scanned too. I rarely use the car that's why I haven't really thought of going for scan. Was just surprised and inquisitive on why the o2 sensor cable was unplugged from it socket...

(1) (Reply)

10 Simple Ways To Save Fuel Without Driving Less / Help Rav 4 Makes A Buzzing Sound / Project 360 Global Entrepreneurship Manpower Development And Empowerment Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.