Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,380 members, 7,800,765 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

2011 Jamb/utme To Be Conducted Online - FG - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2011 Jamb/utme To Be Conducted Online - FG (4433 Views)

corruption trial: CCT chairman says henceforth trial will be conducted daily / Psychiatric Test To Be Conducted On Serving Policemen, Recruits – IGP / NAF Alpha Jets Conducted Four Airstrikes Against Boko Haram in 24hrs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2011 Jamb/utme To Be Conducted Online - FG by Kobojunkie: 4:57am On Jun 22, 2011
egift:

[size=13pt]A government that keeps staggering and sweet-talking the masses is a very useless one[/size]. No clear agenda to fix Nigeria.

Oh, he thought everyone will jump at it - and maybe check his Facebook before the examination is up! Keep fooling around.
Na so we see am ooo! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: 2011 Jamb/utme To Be Conducted Online - FG by violent(m): 5:49am On Jun 22, 2011
^^ grin grin
Re: 2011 Jamb/utme To Be Conducted Online - FG by egift(m): 7:20am On Jun 22, 2011
egift:

A government that keeps staggering and sweet-talking the masses is a very useless one. No clear agenda to fix Nigeria.

Oh, he thought everyone will jump at it - and maybe check his Facebook before the examination is up! Keep fooling around.

Kobojunkie:

Na so we see am ooo! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

violent:

^^ grin grin

My people una see how these useless clowns (administration) have been toying with the life, hope and wealth of this nation.

When I hear GEJ and his gang in power talking of Master Power Plan, 10 megawatts, etc I fell like crying because they are at it again. They will soon come up with another scam cry cry cry
Re: 2011 Jamb/utme To Be Conducted Online - FG by Gbenge77(m): 7:27am On Jun 22, 2011
It would be interesting to see how that one pans out.
Re: 2011 Jamb/utme To Be Conducted Online - FG by proudly9ja(m): 8:47am On Jun 22, 2011
Everything for Naija, na mouth. This is another avenue to make some people millionaires come 2012 abi no be person go supply the so called 'infrastructure'??
lol

Even prometric centres in Nigeria today have problems conducting TOEFL, SAT and GRE exams. Considering that prometric centres handle only about 1/5th of the number of students that sit for JAMB, I can confidently say, that this is all mouth no action!
Anyone who has been at a prometric centre to sit for any of the exams will know JAMB is just joking with the 2012 date. How will they handle power failure and network interruptions? another avenue for cheating.

Add that to points raised earlier about computer literacy of the average Nigerian student. You don't even have to go as far as rural areas. Ive worked with secondary school students in Lagos and I can assure you, only less than 50% of students in government secondary schools can properly use a computer.
Re: 2011 Jamb/utme To Be Conducted Online - FG by Babinski: 2:57pm On Sep 30, 2011
The topic header should actually read 2012 Jamb/Utme and not 2011 because the 2011 edition has already be done the usual paper-based way with the Biometric capture and verification as the major difference from previous exams. In addition, from interviews granted by the JAMB Registrar, the Online or Internet-Based conduct of the examination is a long-term goal. In the short-term, from next year the exam would be Computer-Based, with computerized halls and infrastructure provided through Public-Private Partnership.
Is every student computer-literate? Mind you, the NERDC Revised Curriculum for Senior Secondary Schools effective from this month mandates Computer-Studies for all students in the likeness of English Language and Mathematics! So the JAMB action is not out-of-line with the overall goals and direction of education in the country. In fact it would hasten adherence to the implementation of the Revised Curriculum in my opinion.
You can get more information from easiprep..com which offers posts and trends on such, being a Computer-Based Examination preparation blog.
It is better to be informed than to make assumptions and throw up petty excuses.
Re: 2011 Jamb/utme To Be Conducted Online - FG by slaughter(m): 7:31am On Oct 01, 2011
@ texazzpete,   u are perfectly correct , i hav been a JAMB chief invigilator for years , 4 that system to work it wil cost d govt huge lot of money and planning,i hav taught  in many secondary schools in Lagos private inclusive how many of them has a computers in good condition not 2 talk of internet connections , most of them dont belive in it, they only belive in big buildings 2 hav high population,if u get 2 d school of a friend of mine as big and beautiful d school is there is just no single computer in d school , when i asked he wil tel u is this a comput school,
@pharoh , i doubt if u stay in nigeria or even schooled in nigeria, u dont know whats up in this country,when it comes to things like this, u dont need 2 insult texazzpete, from d look of thing he knows nigeria more than u do,this project can work but not in d next 5yrs
my own opinion, i suspect one contactor is abt 2 make it big ,from this, if i am in d contractor too i wil tel d FG that it is possible in d next 1hr so, i understand d game  better this is nigeriaaaaaaaaaaaaaa grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 2011 Jamb/utme To Be Conducted Online - FG by PointB: 7:39am On Oct 01, 2011
Nice thinking. But it wont work if the power sector is not fixed.

(1) (2) (Reply)

"If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why / Igbos and African Americans team up to build a brand New City in Anambra state / The Man In Aso Rock Is A $536 Million Hired Impostor Exposed By America Uni

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.