Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,524 members, 7,808,906 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:13 PM

2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread - Education (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread (124398 Views)

2018/2019 UNILAG Postgraduate Discussion Thread / Nigeria Reintroduces History In Schools From 2018/2019 Academic Session / WASSCE For Private Candidates 2018/2019 Form, Price, Deadline Out- 1st Set (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by hadjipapiey(m): 4:53pm On Apr 18, 2019
Good day y'all.. I'm new here and I need some to pls yell me when U.I postgraduate form will be out?

Plus is there any WhatsApp group chat for religious studies? Thanks
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by jayeliza: 4:34am On Apr 19, 2019
Skyprincess54:
I have received mail of been cleared yet if I want to continue registration it tells me I have not being cleared. Please what should I do oooo? Quick response will be appreciated please

Where you able to resolve this?
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by unilag100(m): 4:28pm On Apr 19, 2019
Please, has anyone paid his or her masters fees, if so what is the next step?
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Sleekcoco: 4:45pm On Apr 20, 2019
unilag100:
Please, has anyone paid his or her masters fees, if so what is the next step?

Nothing for now
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by unilag100(m): 4:52pm On Apr 20, 2019
Sleekcoco:

Nothing for now
thanks, please was it the online payment you used?
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by mvpologbojo12: 7:06am On Apr 21, 2019
PLS WHEN IS THE DEADLINE FOR SCHOOL FEES.
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by fatlas: 1:30pm On Apr 21, 2019
Kindly add me to UI 2019/2020 Master program WhatsApp. 07066225052
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by GodblessNig247(m): 9:15pm On Apr 21, 2019
Kindly add me to UI 2018/2019Master program WhatsApp. 08137960792
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Sleekcoco: 10:37pm On Apr 22, 2019
unilag100:
unilag100:

I used online for acceptance fee while i paid for school fees at UI micro finance bank to b on d safer side

1 Like

Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by unilag100(m): 10:58pm On Apr 22, 2019
Sleekcoco:

I used online for acceptance fee while i paid for school fees at UI micro finance bank to b on d safer side
thank you for getting back to me,I really appreciate
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Gerzita(f): 9:19am On Apr 25, 2019
Please has anyone been recommended recently from sociology department?
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Joluwa: 9:32am On Apr 25, 2019
Good morning, pls is anyone have update on the sale of UI PG for 2019
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by femiblaze(m): 10:42pm On Apr 25, 2019
Yes
Heritage:
Please has anyone been recommended recently from sociology department?
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Justnice11: 2:01pm On Apr 26, 2019
Please o guys. My sister applied for CLA and scored 59. The cutoff mark is about 40. Still, she wasn't admitted, while those that didn't score close to her were admitted. Please what should we do?
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Zagee: 4:23pm On Apr 26, 2019
hello guys... am looking at pg studies in ui by 2020.. engineering management(msc) is the word.. some info would be welcoming.. thanks...
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Delab: 5:32am On Apr 27, 2019
Justnice11:
Please o guys. My sister applied for CLA and scored 59. The cutoff mark is about 40. Still, she wasn't admitted, while those that didn't score close to her were admitted. Please what should we do?

visit the PG school as soon as possible and see the admission officer. Then you know what next steps to take. I hope you met other criteria
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by psalmist0203(m): 9:50pm On Apr 27, 2019
Pls, who can give me some vital information about school hostel? The fee and how conducive it is with the number of students allowed in a room...

Thanks in advance
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by GodblessNig247(m): 11:14pm On Apr 27, 2019
Sleekcoco:

I am very far from Ibadan and the person that helped me pay my acceptance fee is not in Ibadan at the moment. I want to know if the online platform is reliable and the procedure for that. Thanks
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by GodblessNig247(m): 11:16pm On Apr 27, 2019
psalmist0203:
Pls, who can give me some vital information about school hostel? The fee and how conducive it is with the number of students allowed in a room...

Thanks in advance

Can I get to know you. We could get a self con out and share the rent. My fear abt hostel accommodation is the number of people in a room.
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by unilag100(m): 2:30am On Apr 28, 2019
GodblessNig247:

I am very far from Ibadan and the person that helped me pay my acceptance fee is not in Ibadan at the moment. I want to know if the online platform is reliable and the procedure for that. Thanks
it is very reliable, after paying with my card,I immediately got a successful message on my portal,and you can access the online payment through you portal
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by lilliesboy(m): 3:04pm On Apr 28, 2019
Joluwa:
Good morning, pls is anyone have update on the sale of UI PG for 2019
It will be out by early July.
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by lilliesboy(m): 3:15pm On Apr 28, 2019
Justnice11:

At least, this justifies what I wrote here in late part of 2018. Some persons here attacked me as they claimed to know MORE than I and others who are already in the system, but now we know who is ignorant and outrightly stupid. I laugh in Ogbia language. Una neva reli know UI.

I wish your sister and others who scored "high" well. By the way, I am still waiting to see those people who scored BELOW 40% in the EPT and got admission especially in their ORIGINAL choice/course of study.

1 Like

Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by mvpologbojo12: 9:29pm On Apr 28, 2019
CHECK ELIGIBILITY STATUS FIRST, IF SHE IS ELIGIBLE
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by lilliesboy(m): 3:52pm On Apr 29, 2019
The first and most important step to take shortly after you have confirmed that you have been offered Admission, is to proceed and the Acceptance Fee of N20,400 or so. This PROVES you have ACCEPTED the Admission and willing to run the PG Programme. You can quickly pay online with your debit card or generate an Invoice and take to any of the designated banks NATIONWIDE for payment. Note that without paying the Acceptance Fee, one will NOT be invited for Clearance at the PG School neither cleared even if you (mistakenly) got a scheduling mail. Also make sure your Transcript has been sent and RECEIVED by the PG School before going for clearance, else you will NOT be cleared! The Clearance is usually a short process, they will check your ORIGINAL relevant documents/credentials including photocopies.

As for the School Fees, you don't have to worry much at the moment about the amount or deadline for payment. The University Authority understands that things are "tough" for many people, thus they give a grace of two to three months from the date stated on your Admission Letter. Sometimes, but rarely, they give a grace of up to a week BEFORE the commencement of First Semester Examinations. After the grace period of two or three months and one have not paid the school fees, they will ADD 30% to one's original fee. However, the most important thing for now as I earlier stated, is to pay the Acceptance Fee and go for Clearance.

The amount of School Fees DIFFERS according to your Faculty and/or type of Programme. However, alumni of the Unibadan (i.e. those who attended or had their first degree from the Unibadan) pay slightly LOWER than those coming from other universities. Thus, for example, we in the Department of Sociology, Faculty of the Social Sciences, that came from other universities paid N132,200 as School Fees (EXCLUDING hostel accomodation) compared to their alumni in the same Department with us that paid around N127,000 maximum. This is the privilege they give to the Unibadan alumni, hence they always ask for the Unibadan Matriculation Number from their alumni during the application registration process. The main reason is that they VERIFY the credentials of non-Unibadan graduates and this cost between N5,000 to N10,000 depending on your Faculty/course of study. It is added to your School Fees Invoice/receipt, you will see it there when it is out. Thefore, have it at the back of your mind that you will pay a slightly higher school fees (N5,000 to N10,000 difference) if you are NOT an alumnus/graduate of the Unibadan. In your Third/last Semester, you will pay HALF of the original school fees you first paid a fresh student. For instance, I will be paying half of N132,200 by May/June 2019, that is about N67,000 maximum.

Hostel accomodation for postgraduate students is OPTIONAL and it costs between N45,000 to N50,000 as of last year. It is two persons per room. I like my privacy and personal HYGIENE, thus I live alone off-campus. Goodluck!

7 Likes

Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by unilag100(m): 12:40am On Apr 30, 2019
lilliesboy:
The first and most important step to take shortly after you have confirmed to be offered Admission is to proceed and your Acceptance Fee of N20,400 or so. This PROVES you have ACCEPTED the Admission and willing to run the PG Programme. You can quickly pay online with your debit card or generate an Invoice and take to any of the designated banks NATIONWIDE for payment. Note that without paying the Acceptance Fee, one will NOT be invited for Clearance at the PG School neither cleared even if you (mistakenly) got a scheduling mail. Also make sure your Transcript has been sent and RECEIVED by the PG School before going for clearance, else you will NOT be cleared! The Clearance is usually a short process, they will check your ORIGINAL relevant documents/credentials including photocopies.

As for the School Fees, you don't have to worry much about the amount or deadline for payment for now. The University Authority understands that things are "tough" for many people, thus they give a grace of two to three months from the date stated on your Admission Letter. Sometimes, but rarely, they give a grace of up to a week BEFORE the commencement of First Semester Examinations. The most important thing for now as I earlier stated, is to pay the Acceptance Fee and go for Clearance.

The amount of School Fees DIFFERS according to your Faculty and/or type of Programme. However, alumni of the Unibadan (i.e. those who attended or had their first degree from the Unibadan) pay slightly LOWER than those coming from other universities. Thus, for example, we in the Dept. of Sociology, Faculty of the Social Sciences, that came from other universities paid N132,200 as School Fees (EXCLUDING hostel accomodation) compared to their alumni in the same Department with us that paid around N127,000 maximum. This is the privilege they give to the Unibadan alumni, hence they always ask for the Unibadan Matriculation Number from their alumni during the application registration process. The main reason is that they VERIFY the credentials of non-Unibadan graduates and this cost between N5,000 to N10,000 depending on your Faculty/course of study. It is added on your School Fees Invoice/receipt, you will see it there when it is out. Thefore, have it at the back of your mind that you will pay a slightly higher school fees (N5,000 to N10,000 difference) if you are NOT an alumnus/graduate of the Unibadan. In your Third/last Semester, you will pay HALF of the original school fees you first pay. For instance, I will be paying half of N132,200 by May/June 2019, that is about N67,000 maximum.

Hostel accomodation for postgraduate students is OPTIONAL and it costs between N45,000 to N50,000 as of last year. It is two persons per room. I like my privacy and personal HYGIENCE, thus I live alone off-campus. Goodluck!
thanks for this information
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Zagee: 9:09am On Apr 30, 2019
lilliesboy:
The first and most important step to take shortly after you have confirmed to be offered Admission is to proceed and your Acceptance Fee of N20,400 or so. This PROVES you have ACCEPTED the Admission and willing to run the PG Programme. You can quickly pay online with your debit card or generate an Invoice and take to any of the designated banks NATIONWIDE for payment. Note that without paying the Acceptance Fee, one will NOT be invited for Clearance at the PG School neither cleared even if you (mistakenly) got a scheduling mail. Also make sure your Transcript has been sent and RECEIVED by the PG School before going for clearance, else you will NOT be cleared! The Clearance is usually a short process, they will check your ORIGINAL relevant documents/credentials including photocopies.

As for the School Fees, you don't have to worry much about the amount or deadline for payment for now. The University Authority understands that things are "tough" for many people, thus they give a grace of two to three months from the date stated on your Admission Letter. Sometimes, but rarely, they give a grace of up to a week BEFORE the commencement of First Semester Examinations. The most important thing for now as I earlier stated, is to pay the Acceptance Fee and go for Clearance.

The amount of School Fees DIFFERS according to your Faculty and/or type of Programme. However, alumni of the Unibadan (i.e. those who attended or had their first degree from the Unibadan) pay slightly LOWER than those coming from other universities. Thus, for example, we in the Dept. of Sociology, Faculty of the Social Sciences, that came from other universities paid N132,200 as School Fees (EXCLUDING hostel accomodation) compared to their alumni in the same Department with us that paid around N127,000 maximum. This is the privilege they give to the Unibadan alumni, hence they always ask for the Unibadan Matriculation Number from their alumni during the application registration process. The main reason is that they VERIFY the credentials of non-Unibadan graduates and this cost between N5,000 to N10,000 depending on your Faculty/course of study. It is added on your School Fees Invoice/receipt, you will see it there when it is out. Thefore, have it at the back of your mind that you will pay a slightly higher school fees (N5,000 to N10,000 difference) if you are NOT an alumnus/graduate of the Unibadan. In your Third/last Semester, you will pay HALF of the original school fees you first pay. For instance, I will be paying half of N132,200 by May/June 2019, that is about N67,000 maximum.

Hostel accomodation for postgraduate students is OPTIONAL and it costs between N45,000 to N50,000 as of last year. It is two persons per room. I like my privacy and personal HYGIENCE, thus I live alone off-campus. Goodluck!
how much for the rent I.e off campus
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by omotola123: 10:02am On Apr 30, 2019
ayobama:
the room still avail

How much?
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Skyprincess54: 2:54pm On Apr 30, 2019
Please who has gotten hostel? And how do one go about it? Please reply
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by meagainstdem: 5:11pm On Apr 30, 2019
Hi guys. Please can anyone furnish me with information on the MPhil/PhD programme? I have just been offered admission to the department of Nursing and wish to know the tuition fee and whether the programme will require attending classes.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by lilliesboy(m): 9:19pm On Apr 30, 2019
After the grace period of two to three months (i.e. 6 to 10 weeks) and one have not paid the school fees, they will ADD 30% to one's original fees. Once you pay your School Fees, your Matriculation Number will created and sent to your email within 24 to 48 hours, thus you do not have to attend Matriculation Ceremony or fill forms to get a Matric Number. Unibadan alumni get Mat Numbers beginning with "1" (usually the SAME Matric Number they used at the undergraduate level), while non-alumni or those who came from other universities get Matric Numbers beginning with "2". The unique thing about the Unibadan is that one's Matriculation Number will NEVER be changed from the undergraduate to PhD level. Even if you go out and run a programme in another school and return to the Unibadan after twenty (20) years, you will still be assigned your earlier original Matriculation Number.

Almost everything is technologically programmed in the Unibadan, each step you take in the admission process is being UPDATED on your current dashboard of the PG website. In fact, once you pay your school fees you will no longer be able to access or use the current online profile you have been using since last year as you will be "redirected" to your NEW and MAIN personal profile where you can check and/or print out your School Fees receipt, fill or print out Medical Biodata form, register and edit your courses, etc. Your Matriculation Number will display on the top right hand side of your online School Fees Receipt within 24 to 48 hours after payment. You also don't necessarily have to pay another money at your Faculty/Department, library or clinic after paying your school fees except maybe Student Dues in your Department if such PG Students Union exists in your Faculty/Department. Nobody will EXTORT you and do not let anyone!

Lastly, you can APPLY online and physically to the Hall Masters for a PG Hostel accomodation only AFTER you have paid your School Fees, not just Acceptance Fee! You will be automatically assigned a hostel on your new dashboard once you pay the School Fees, so it is left for one to APPLY for the Hostel space by paying an ADDITIONAL amount of fees usually between N45,000 to N50,000 as of last year. Private accomodation exists on and off-campus, and their costs differs according to size, facilities and location. A single room off-campus costs between N36,000 to N45,000 as FIRST time payment. I will be relocating from my current area/room between tomorrow and next week, I want to move into another house.

2 Likes

Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by yankison(m): 1:43pm On May 01, 2019
lilliesboy:

It will be out by early July.

Please I would like to add you on WhatsApp , need more info , like requirements I did my UG outside Nigeria
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by meagainstdem: 5:10pm On May 01, 2019
Hi guys. Please can anyone furnish me with information on the MPhil/PhD programme? I have just been offered admission to the department of Nursing and wish to know the tuition fee and whether the programme will require attending classes.
Thanks in anticipation.

Could someone please answer this for me ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (57) (Reply)

The School Attended By Success, The Warri Girl Sent Home Over Fees / School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) / Free Downloadable Post Utme Past Questions And Answers for University Aspirants.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.