Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:07 AM

2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread - Education (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread (124271 Views)

2018/2019 UNILAG Postgraduate Discussion Thread / Nigeria Reintroduces History In Schools From 2018/2019 Academic Session / WASSCE For Private Candidates 2018/2019 Form, Price, Deadline Out- 1st Set (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Skyprincess54: 8:45pm On May 01, 2019
GodblessNig247:

I am very far from Ibadan and the person that helped me pay my acceptance fee is not in Ibadan at the moment. I want to know if the online platform is reliable and the procedure for that. Thanks
Please, did you later pay online? Is it safe? Please respond
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by GodblessNig247(m): 9:51pm On May 01, 2019
Skyprincess54:

Please, did you later pay online? Is it safe? Please respond

Yea I did. Very very safe. Make sure you have a strong network
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Skyprincess54: 10:54pm On May 01, 2019
GodblessNig247:

Yea I did. Very very safe. Make sure you have a strong network
Thanks a lot. Really appreciate ur quick response
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by GodblessNig247(m): 10:56pm On May 01, 2019
Skyprincess54:

Thanks a lot. Really appreciate ur quick response

Uwc
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Nobody: 12:05pm On May 02, 2019
Please is there a watsapp group for the department of community medicine. The course is reproductive and family health precisely. If there is, can i get the admin's number.
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Nobody: 12:14pm On May 02, 2019
Please, I paid my acceptance fee on the 4th of April but i've not been called for clearance, and i received a mail on the 24th of April that clearance has started and i need to pay my acceptance fee. What do i do please?
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by unilag100(m): 1:04pm On May 02, 2019
They sent the mail to everyone, when going for clearance, take along the evidence of payment with you,because they will ask.
Oluwatomisinabr:
Please, I paid my acceptance fee on the 4th of April but i've not been called for clearance, and i received a mail on the 24th of April that clearance has started and i need to pay my acceptance fee. What do i do please?
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Skyprincess54: 2:14pm On May 02, 2019
Who has gotten hostel please? Do I have to wait for it after sch fee payment or do I print the request and take to the student affairs? Please urgent reply ☹️☹️��
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Sherlock5577: 2:33pm On May 02, 2019
Oluwatomisinabr:

From personal experience, please go for your clearance and don't linger. I paid my acceptance fee late last month and went for my clearance about three days after without an invite to clear my documents (I doubt I've received an invite thus far, especially since I've been cleared and wouldn't require an invite now). I believe the deadline for your clearance is soon approaching (6 weeks after date of admission). Kindly do the needful before you miss your deadline wink!

1 Like

Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by ayofag(m): 2:46pm On May 02, 2019
You don't need an invite for clearance.

1 Like

Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Delab: 7:27pm On May 02, 2019
lilliesboy:
After the grace period of two to three months (i.e. 6 to 10 weeks) and one have not paid the school fees, they will ADD 30% to one's original fees. Once you pay your School Fees, your Matriculation Number will created and sent to your email within 24 to 48 hours, thus you do not have to attend Matriculation Ceremony or fill forms to get a Matric Number. Unibadan alumni get Mat Numbers beginning with "1" (usually the SAME Matric Number they used at the undergraduate level), while non-alumni or those who came from other universities get Matric Numbers beginning with "2". The unique thing about the Unibadan is that one's Matriculation Number will NEVER be changed from the undergraduate to PhD level. Even if you go out and run a programme in another school and return to the Unibadan after twenty (20) years, you will still be assigned your earlier original Matriculation Number.

Almost everything is technologically programmed in the Unibadan, each step you take in the admission process is being UPDATED on your current dashboard of the PG website. In fact, once you pay your school fees you will no longer be able to access or use the current online profile you have been using since last year as you will be "redirected" to your NEW and MAIN personal profile where you can check and/or print out your School Fees receipt, fill or print out Medical Biodata form, register and edit your courses, etc. Your Matriculation Number will display on the top right hand side of your online School Fees Receipt within 24 to 48 hours after payment. You also don't necessarily have to pay another money at your Faculty/Department, library or clinic after paying your school fees except maybe Student Dues in your Department if such PG Students Union exists in your Faculty/Department. Nobody will EXTORT you and do not let anyone!

Lastly, you can APPLY online and physically to the Hall Masters for a PG Hostel accomodation only AFTER you have paid your School Fees, not just Acceptance Fee! You will be automatically assigned a hostel on your new dashboard once you pay the School Fees, so it is left for one to APPLY for the Hostel space by paying an ADDITIONAL amount of fees usually between N45,000 to N50,000 as of last year. Private accomodation exists on and off-campus, and their costs differs according to size, facilities and location. A single room off-campus costs between N36,000 to N45,000 as FIRST time payment. I will be relocating from my current area/room between tomorrow and next week, I want to move into another house.
Thanks for the guide. Really appreciate them. How has your experience been in the department of sociology, especially with your Criminology option?
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by TandyTyrone: 12:32am On May 03, 2019
the hostel allocated has shown on my portal what do I need to from here
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Skyprincess54: 1:03pm On May 03, 2019
TandyTyrone:
the hostel allocated has shown on my portal what do I need to from here
Did u apply manually?
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Sleekcoco: 4:31pm On May 03, 2019
Pls i need an housing agent no
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by yourstruly5(m): 9:41pm On May 03, 2019
pls I paid acceptance for a friend but his portal is showing that he has not done clearance. the thing is he's yet to print admission letter from his portal and it's required for clearance. pls any help?
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by lilliesboy(m): 2:26am On May 06, 2019
Delab:
Thanks for the guide. Really appreciate them. How has your experience been in the department of sociology, especially with your Criminology option?
I am almost done, my FINAL examinations ends this week. I hope you got admitted? Criminology is interesting but strict.
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by lilliesboy(m): 2:47am On May 06, 2019
I finally moved to a new and better place last week Saturday. I passed through an agent and I must say it was quite expensive considering it is just a SINGLE room. I paid over N52,000 in total as FIRST payment but the subsequent rent will be N30,000. It is very near to school and the facility is manageable. And spacious too with relative moderate power supply. I moved in the same day, alone and loving it.

I got numbers of two or more agents. Getting a house in Ibadan especially if you do not know anyone (like myself when I first came here last year), can be so difficult and frustrating. When you come you will know. My agent fee alone was HALF of the original rent of N30,000; they take N15,000, while a so-called Agreement Form fee is N10,000. This is how they cheat and extort us but back in my State we do not have those IRRELEVANT and Exurberant charges in the name of rent. To TRAVEL and SEE is good oh, some people in other States/ethnic groups can be so extortive and trickish. Well, wetin I go do sef? Na me cari my legs com Ibadan

If there is any Bayelsan, graduate of the UniPort, and/or NDU who got admission and does not know anyone here for now nor have where to lay her/his head or is looking for a room to rent, you may quote me or send a message via inbox mail.
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Abiodunonit: 7:40am On May 06, 2019
Please has anyone gone to the hall to physically submit his/her accommodation request form?
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Nobody: 3:42pm On May 06, 2019
Sherlock5577:

From personal experience, please go for your clearance and don't linger. I paid my acceptance fee late last month and went for my clearance about three days after without an invite to clear my documents (I doubt I've received an invite thus far, especially since I've been cleared and wouldn't require an invite now). I believe the deadline for your clearance is soon approaching (6 weeks after date of admission). Kindly do the needful before you miss your deadline wink!
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Xalmey7: 4:32pm On May 06, 2019
Good afternoon, pls I need help as regards this questions...

Pls any specific date for the deadline of payment of acceptance fee
Also, what are the requirements for the clearance or does it varies from dept to dept...

Thanks...
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Delab: 8:02pm On May 06, 2019
lilliesboy:

I am almost done, my FINAL examinations ends this week. I hope you got admitted? Criminology is interesting but strict.
well done! I got admitted and will appreciate an opportunity to link up with you
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Delab: 8:06pm On May 06, 2019
Abiodunonit:
Please has anyone gone to the hall to physically submit his/her accommodation request form?
please, have you gotten your matric no? If yes, how long did it take?
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by EzicoBrown(m): 8:35am On May 07, 2019
Delab:
please, have you gotten your matric no? If yes, how long did it take?
Mehnnnn.. Una fast oo.. Meanwhile, some of us haven't even gone for the clearance sef �
God please help us o
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Rhodasam: 2:55pm On May 08, 2019
[Please i need the agent number thanksquote author=lilliesboy post=78139505]I finally moved to a new and better place last week Saturday. I passed through an agent and I must say it was quite expensive considering it is just a SINGLE room. I paid over N52,000 in total as FIRST payment but the subsequent rent will be N30,000. It is very near to school and the facility is manageable. And spacious too with relative moderate power supply. I moved in the same day, alone and loving it.

I got numbers of two or more agents. Getting a house in Ibadan especially if you do not know anyone (like myself when I first came here last year), can be so difficult and frustrating. When you come you will know. My agent fee alone was HALF of the original rent of N30,000; they take N15,000, while a so-called Agreement Form fee is N10,000. This is how they cheat and extort us but back in my State we do not have those IRRELEVANT and Exurberant charges in the name of rent. To TRAVEL and SEE is good oh, some people in other States/ethnic groups can be so extortive and trickish. Well, wetin I go do sef? Na me cari my legs com Ibadan

If there is any Bayelsan, graduate of the UniPort, and/or NDU who got admission and does not know anyone here for now nor have where to lay her/his head or is looking for a room to rent, you may quote me or send a message via inbox mail.[/quote]
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Sleekcoco: 3:37pm On May 08, 2019
Pls can i get d agent no?

Thanks
Rhodasam:
[Please i need the agent number thanksquote author=lilliesboy post=78139505]I finally moved to a new and better place last week Saturday. I passed through an agent and I must say it was quite expensive considering it is just a SINGLE room. I paid over N52,000 in total as FIRST payment but the subsequent rent will be N30,000. It is very near to school and the facility is manageable. And spacious too with relative moderate power supply. I moved in the same day, alone and loving it.

If there is any Bayelsan, graduate of the UniPort, and/or NDU who got admission and does not know anyone here for now nor have where to lay her/his head or is looking for a room to rent, you may quote me or send a message via inbox mail.
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Emmadox90(m): 7:13am On May 09, 2019
18/19 UI Msc. Department of Aquaculture and fisheries management whatsapp forum.
Follow below link:
https:///GBOaVflwo5kHuiLNdqNvDg or message this number on whatsapp: 08167798909
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Sleekcoco: 6:34pm On May 09, 2019
Pls i need the link to managerial psychology whatsapp group
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Ghydyon(m): 12:36am On May 10, 2019
lilliesboy:
The first and most important step to take shortly after you have confirmed that you have been offered Admission, is to proceed and the Acceptance Fee of N20,400 or so. This PROVES you have ACCEPTED the Admission and willing to run the PG Programme. You can quickly pay online with your debit card or generate an Invoice and take to any of the designated banks NATIONWIDE for payment. Note that without paying the Acceptance Fee, one will NOT be invited for Clearance at the PG School neither cleared even if you (mistakenly) got a scheduling mail. Also make sure your Transcript has been sent and RECEIVED by the PG School before going for clearance, else you will NOT be cleared! The Clearance is usually a short process, they will check your ORIGINAL relevant documents/credentials including photocopies.

As for the School Fees, you don't have to worry much at the moment about the amount or deadline for payment. The University Authority understands that things are "tough" for many people, thus they give a grace of two to three months from the date stated on your Admission Letter. Sometimes, but rarely, they give a grace of up to a week BEFORE the commencement of First Semester Examinations. After the grace period of two or three months and one have not paid the school fees, they will ADD 30% to one's original fee. However, the most important thing for now as I earlier stated, is to pay the Acceptance Fee and go for Clearance.

The amount of School Fees DIFFERS according to your Faculty and/or type of Programme. However, alumni of the Unibadan (i.e. those who attended or had their first degree from the Unibadan) pay slightly LOWER than those coming from other universities. Thus, for example, we in the Department of Sociology, Faculty of the Social Sciences, that came from other universities paid N132,200 as School Fees (EXCLUDING hostel accomodation) compared to their alumni in the same Department with us that paid around N127,000 maximum. This is the privilege they give to the Unibadan alumni, hence they always ask for the Unibadan Matriculation Number from their alumni during the application registration process. The main reason is that they VERIFY the credentials of non-Unibadan graduates and this cost between N5,000 to N10,000 depending on your Faculty/course of study. It is added to your School Fees Invoice/receipt, you will see it there when it is out. Thefore, have it at the back of your mind that you will pay a slightly higher school fees (N5,000 to N10,000 difference) if you are NOT an alumnus/graduate of the Unibadan. In your Third/last Semester, you will pay HALF of the original school fees you first paid a fresh student. For instance, I will be paying half of N132,200 by May/June 2019, that is about N67,000 maximum.

Hostel accomodation for postgraduate students is OPTIONAL and it costs between N45,000 to N50,000 as of last year. It is two persons per room. I like my privacy and personal HYGIENE, thus I live alone off-campus. Goodluck!

Bro, please if you don't mind. Can I have your digit? I am aspiring to go for MIPR and would want to ask some questions.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Yinka84: 12:50am On May 11, 2019
hello, any Criminology students can send his materials to me via jayinka2@gmail.com
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by victorified: 7:27am On May 11, 2019
Good morning guys
Pls I went for my clearance over a week ago,and Ive tried logging in since then,but I'm getting the pop up message that I haven't been cleared for admission,visit PGschool. its getting to two weeks now.
Pls what could the problem be? I'm getting worried, cos other people who cleared together with me have all been able to continue.
And I'm far away in Enugu,can't come to Ibadan now till month end,and I don't know when clearance will be over.pls help a sister
Pls anyone in Ibadan that could be of help should reach me on this digit.I would be grateful
Thanks
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by dejt4u(m): 8:44am On May 11, 2019
victorified:
Good morning guys
Pls I went for my clearance over a week ago,and Ive tried logging in since then,but I'm getting the pop up message that I haven't been cleared for admission,visit PGschool. its getting to two weeks now.
Pls what could the problem be? I'm getting worried, cos other people who cleared together with me have all been able to continue.
And I'm far away in Enugu,can't come to Ibadan now till month end,and I don't know when clearance will be over.pls help a sister
Pls anyone in Ibadan that could be of help should reach me on this digit.I would be grateful
Thanks
I'm having the same issue. I did my clearance yesterday though!
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Skyprincess54: 1:08pm On May 11, 2019
Please, why is no one saying anything about hostel? Abeg if u have any useful info please share oooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (57) (Reply)

The School Attended By Success, The Warri Girl Sent Home Over Fees / School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) / Free Downloadable Post Utme Past Questions And Answers for University Aspirants.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.