Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,910 members, 7,806,643 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:44 PM

Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know (49135 Views)

Important Things You Should Know About The Igbo Traditional Wedding / Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman / Meet Wodaabe Men, A Fulani Ethnic Group Who Make-up For Easy Marriage, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by gmoni2(m): 3:19pm On Mar 14, 2018
Segzee1:

https://dailyfamily.ng/3-important-things-to-know-before-you-marry-fulani-lady/

That beating culture is only practice in Nigeria, I have dated a lot of foulbe girls, I understand their culture and mingled with them a lot.I am talking of the real foulbe from futa Jallon, futa Toro, futa Masina, futa Neorro.
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by trouper9(m): 3:20pm On Mar 14, 2018
I dey craze? why I go chop koboko because of one yeye cow girl, they better marry her

2 Likes

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by doyinbaby(f): 3:20pm On Mar 14, 2018
I can never willingly subject myself to beating
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Nobody: 3:20pm On Mar 14, 2018
Drabeey:
this is really funny!

meanwhile

Let's have a little review on today's match between the Barcelona fc and Chelsea fc otherwise called the Pensioners club!

Well, im sure you are well lettered that the both teams have met couple of times over the last few years.

Let's take a look at what happened 2 meetings ago with the Catalian giant.

Do you know that during the recent two meetings, which many has described as a duel that has no definite conqueror! Maybe i'll agree with them to some extent.
In 2009, the first team to be at home was Barcelona, what they played a goaless 0-0 draw. Chelsea drew them at home and after some fortnight later they (Barcelona) came visiting at the Stamford's bridge. They scored a late goal courtesy of Iniesta, at some exact of 93+ minutes. They sent the London Blues packing from the 'Champé'. I couldn't cry that day, I actually skipped my Dinner.
It was only three years later, the archaic rivals were paired once more, and now it was a new story in its entirety.
2012 and it was Barcelona vs chelsea in the same semis and chelsea had the day after Barca got beating at first leg with a goal to Nil. The late goal of Ramires made chelsea advanced to the Final. Yeah, many people remembered that.

Maybe as the Rastaferians will say
'Don't worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright'
I'm not so worried, yes I'm a Chelsea fan. Truly wouldn't it be a lack of No6 usage if one fails to think what the score board will be at 23:00 gmt today 14/3/2018.
I hope with the goal apiece we got at the bridge made chelsea fc lagging on the opportunity table and putting their counterpart (barca) becoming the favourite!
I think if Barcelona are so full of pity for chelsea, maybe it'll be a 3 goal win to 1 for chelsea. So I think, but what do I know?

I think chelsea should please go to Nou camp with a full zeal of winning!

Let's wait and see what happens in some hours from now.

Drabeey wrote this!

that is barca is d bride's family and Chelsea d groom to be?.
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by sonnie10: 3:21pm On Mar 14, 2018
Still searching for the video of them flogging Buhari, the day he married Aisha.

2 Likes

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by bid4rich(m): 3:22pm On Mar 14, 2018
Tradition, an enemy of progress. In this 21st century?

Well, the lady should not try agree with any southerner because if she misbehave, and the man remember how many stroke he received for her sake, God have mercy. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Desyner: 3:22pm On Mar 14, 2018
krissconnect:
Ignorant mofos, just like their senile president. So cos someone was able to withstand the pains of Cain, that means he can protect their daughter? Nonsense. Foolanis undecided
It is a strategy to keep their bloodline pure. They use it aggressively against non-tribe suitors.

1 Like

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Nobody: 3:23pm On Mar 14, 2018
trouper9:
I dey craze? why I go chop koboko because of one yeye cow girl, they better marry her
Lol, they are nt cow grlz like u thnk, the educated ones are beautiful and cool to hand around with.[img]
trouper9:
Lol, they are nt cow grlz like u thnk, the educated ones are beautiful and cool to hand around with.[/img]
trouper9:
Lol, they are nt cow grlz like u thnk, the educated ones are beautiful and cool to hand around with.
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by tribalistseun: 3:23pm On Mar 14, 2018
Who wan marry Fulani herdsmen pikin?

1 Like

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Topmaike007(m): 3:24pm On Mar 14, 2018
XhosaNostra:

I'm South African.

Can you please answer the question.
wow so south african also do nairaland cc:seun you have jeun soke
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by marvin906(m): 3:24pm On Mar 14, 2018
lord in heaven
Fulani chicks are the definition of beautiful cheesy cheesy

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by aylipple: 3:25pm On Mar 14, 2018
These are some of the traditional rites they use to hold the "low class" among them hostage.

Did anybody see Ajimobi's son flogged when he took Ganduje's daughter for a wife? Or is Jamil, former IGP Abubakar's son also going to receive strokes of the cane for asking Dangote daughter's hand in marriage??

Na poor men wey no get mouth dem dey flog if dem go ask for Fulani man daughter hand for marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by A7(m): 3:28pm On Mar 14, 2018
IF THAT YORUBA BOY IDRISS AJIMOBI GOT FLOGGED WELL, HE WOULD HAVE BEHAVED HIMSELF AROUND FATIMA GANDUJE IN PUBLIC FUNCTIONS

2 Likes

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Nobody: 3:28pm On Mar 14, 2018
Segzee1:

My cousin once had a fulani princess as babe.n the girl told us that the parent of the bride usually uses charms to either make the floggers to get tired very quickly, Or use jazz on the man to make him resistance to the flogging.
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by AreaFada2: 3:29pm On Mar 14, 2018
Make dem carry their daughter go o.

1 Like

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by tiwiex(m): 3:31pm On Mar 14, 2018
Segzee1:

Dowry and bride price are two different things. Why do we keep making this mistake? Na woman/ her family dey bring dowry. Na man family day bring bride price. Google to confirm.
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by mvem(m): 3:34pm On Mar 14, 2018
jaykins:
who in this country is dreaming, thinking, imagining, i don't even know which word to use. who dey ever think to marry a Fulani babe, does the person want to become cow inlaw?
...dem dey fine ooo....
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Chukazu: 3:38pm On Mar 14, 2018
Segzee1:

Thanks for replying.

Just like it is written in the article above, the kind of flogging here mentioned is different from that of your tradition. The flogging is a serious one and it is being carried out by young men from the bride's family.

It is believed that if the man is able to withstand the pain definitely he truly love the lady and also he would be able to protect her from any form of danger.

I didn't see anyone flogging governor Ajimobi's before he got married to Ganjuje's daughter ?

Or he paid for someone to receive the flogging on his behalf? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Nobody: 3:41pm On Mar 14, 2018
lefulefu:
of course i know dat nacheesy. Many of their women boku for her. A number of dem dey sell one drink dem call nunu. Some guys dey buy d drink from dem but fear no let me buy am cos d drink no look clean.
I love nunu cold.. Na so them dey fvck dey sell am too oh

1 Like

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by tofolo(m): 3:42pm On Mar 14, 2018
XhosaNostra:
This is actually very similar to how we do things in my culture. I've seen the "flogging", but I never understood what it was for. It's usually done playfully by the females in attendance. Not a serious beatdown & the groom is covered with a blanket so he doesn't get hurt lol.

Who does the beating & how serious is it? Just curious.
Its an old tradition am married to a fulani woman and i wasnt beaten. shocked

2 Likes

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by ashala(m): 3:42pm On Mar 14, 2018
Tah, the flogging is for the poor ones. You want to tell me that if Atiku wants to marry a girl from his tribe they will flog him?

2 Likes

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by chiatimothy: 3:45pm On Mar 14, 2018
And they will give birth to killer herdsmen...[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Nobody: 3:47pm On Mar 14, 2018
dairykidd:

I love nunu cold.. Na so them dey fvck dey sell am too oh
some guys wey get mind dey even racket some of dem cheesy.but me no dey swing dat way sha cheesy
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Nobody: 3:47pm On Mar 14, 2018
tiwiex:

Dowry and bride price are two different things. Why do we keep making this mistake? Na woman/ her family dey bring dowry. Na man family day bring bride price. Google to confirm.
I swear i'm just learning the difference now.. So i have never really noticed it sha.. You mean they actually pay dowry. Okay lolzz no wonder some men would threaten to return dowry when wife done f up cheesy
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Nobody: 3:55pm On Mar 14, 2018
lefulefu:

some guys wey get mind dey even racket some of dem cheesy.but me no dey swing dat way sha cheesy
Lolzzz na them dey tempt oo... Like one Aisha since i pick her money give her when them dey run from airport security for hawking she no gree forget the matter whether i need nunu or not na with one kind look she take dey give me except i no come out from office.. Some times she go dey with her fulani friends they pass dem go dey look me dey smile & i know say na my matter she just dey talk... Some guys dey run them wella. Even tho she's fine no be everywhere man go dey lay pipe na grin
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by ndubueze92(m): 4:00pm On Mar 14, 2018
Drabeey:
this is really funny!

meanwhile

Let's have a little review on today's match between the Barcelona fc and Chelsea fc otherwise called the Pensioners club!

Well, im sure you are well lettered that the both teams have met couple of times over the last few years.

Let's take a look at what happened 2 meetings ago with the Catalian giant.

Do you know that during the recent two meetings, which many has described as a duel that has no definite conqueror! Maybe i'll agree with them to some extent.
In 2009, the first team to be at home was Barcelona, what they played a goaless 0-0 draw. Chelsea drew them at home and after some fortnight later they (Barcelona) came visiting at the Stamford's bridge. They scored a late goal courtesy of Iniesta, at some exact of 93+ minutes. They sent the London Blues packing from the 'Champé'. I couldn't cry that day, I actually skipped my Dinner.
It was only three years later, the archaic rivals were paired once more, and now it was a new story in its entirety.
2012 and it was Barcelona vs chelsea in the same semis and chelsea had the day after Barca got beating at first leg with a goal to Nil. The late goal of Ramires made chelsea advanced to the Final. Yeah, many people remembered that.

Maybe as the Rastaferians will say
'Don't worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright'
I'm not so worried, yes I'm a Chelsea fan. Truly wouldn't it be a lack of No6 usage if one fails to think what the score board will be at 23:00 gmt today 14/3/2018.
I hope with the goal apiece we got at the bridge made chelsea fc lagging on the opportunity table and putting their counterpart (barca) becoming the favourite!
I think if Barcelona are so full of pity for chelsea, maybe it'll be a 3 goal win to 1 for chelsea. So I think, but what do I know?

I think chelsea should please go to Nou camp with a full zeal of winning!

Let's wait and see what happens in some hours from now.

Drabeey wrote this!
PSG 1 - 2 R. Madrid
Spurs 1 - 2 Juventus
Man City 1 - 2 Basel
Man United 1 - 2 Sevilla

Barca v Chelsea

Are u thinking the way i am thinking ��*

2 Likes

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by jameyjaggs: 4:01pm On Mar 14, 2018
na winch After i pay my hard earnd moni one tall tin aboki wey hunger won kill go com flog me?? Ur ear wel wel
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Coolgent(m): 4:03pm On Mar 14, 2018
Segzee1:

Number 1&3 are true,you are wrong on number 2.
I knw cos am currentling marrying fulani from core north.
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Coolgent(m): 4:06pm On Mar 14, 2018
Segzee1:

Thanks for replying.

Just like it is written in the article above, the kind of flogging here mentioned is different from that of your tradition. The flogging is a serious one and it is being carried out by young men from the bride's family.

It is believed that if the man is able to withstand the pain definitely he truly love the lady and also he would be able to protect her from any form of danger.
Point of correction...
This practice has been stopped for decades!
I knw cos am marrying fulani lady from core north.
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by KrystosCJ(m): 4:08pm On Mar 14, 2018
That flogging part.. why can't they abolish it like they did with slave trade?
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Nobody: 4:09pm On Mar 14, 2018
dairykidd:

Lolzzz na them dey tempt oo... Like one Aisha since i pick her money give her when them dey run from airport security for hawking she no gree forget the matter whether i need nunu or not na with one kind look she take dey give me except i no come out from office.. Some times she go dey with her fulani friends they pass dem go dey look me dey smile & i know say na my matter she just dey talk... Some guys dey run them wella. Even tho she's fine no be everywhere man go dey lay pipe na grin
haha she dey trip for u be dat na grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by madenigga(m): 4:10pm On Mar 14, 2018
Didthey flog mustapha ndimi... Aka mohammed Ndimis son who got married to Zahra Buhari

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Yoruba Words And Phrases That Has Gone Global!!(interesting) / Nigerian Ladies Are Beautiful! (pictures) / Inside Igwe John Umenyiora's Palace In Ogbunike, Anambra (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.