Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:39 PM

You Can Now Send And Received Money With Gmail Or Android Gmail App - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / You Can Now Send And Received Money With Gmail Or Android Gmail App (1033 Views)

Ever Received Money In Your Payoneer Account Before? You Need To See This / Pls Can I Received Money To My Nigeria Paypal Account / How To Send And Receive Paypal Funds In Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Can Now Send And Received Money With Gmail Or Android Gmail App by MonopolyTrader: 11:24am On Mar 14, 2018
this morning on my computer when i was trying to send message, i saw "send money" as well. i was surprised. but sorry Nigeria is not included, because if you are using Nigeria IP or server it will not appear. attach is screenshot.

but i later did research and found out that google just introduced it today.

If you’ve ever been writing an email on your Android phone and wished there was a way to send or request money without switching to the Venmo, Square, or Google Wallet apps, your prayers have been answered. Rolling out today via a Play Store update, Google will now allow you to easily attach payments to Gmail messages.

While the feature has been available in the Gmail web client for several years, it’s new to the Android app. And it’s not limited to your contacts that have a Gmail address, nor do they need to the Google Wallet app. As Google explains, “Recipients are able to receive or request money right from the email itself—without having to install another payment app. They can even arrange for money they receive to go directly into their bank account. Either way, it’s completely free for both of you.”

To use the new feature, tap the paper clip icon as if you were attaching a file and you’ll see two new options: Send money and Request money. Tap the one you want and you can select an amount, payment source, and write a note, which will then attach to the body of your message. Then you can simply send your message as you normally would. On the receiving end, you’ll simply tap the Claim money link and it will transfer the funds directly into your Google Wallet account. (If you don’t have an account you’ll need to go through the sign-up process.)

The feature is currently rolling to Android phones but is limited to the U.S. version of the Gmail app. There’s no word on when it will come to iOS or international users. If you haven’t gotten the new version yet, you can test it out by side-loading the Google signed APK from APK Mirror.

You’ve got money! While this isn’t a problem that was begging for a solution, it’s certainly a feature we’ll use every now and again. And now we’ll have an easy way to pester all of friends that owe us money.

seun, lalasticlala

Re: You Can Now Send And Received Money With Gmail Or Android Gmail App by Horlarr: 12:18pm On Mar 14, 2018
How is the account funded and how do they withdraw it from Google wallet?

(1) (Reply)

I Need Abandoned Poultry Farm To Rent / What Business Can I Start With 300k Pls? Ideas / Try This Method And You Will Never Remain Broke!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.