Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,768 members, 7,806,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

A Somali/nigerian Wedding? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Somali/nigerian Wedding? (3158 Views)

This Simple Nigerian Wedding Has Gone Viral Online / Somali Man Weds Two Women At Once In Kenya, Encourages Other Men To Do Same / Meet Handsome Somali Songbird That Women Are Dying To Fall In Love With (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Somali/nigerian Wedding? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Mar 14, 2018
lefulefu:
You are both Muslims so why would ur parents have any issue accepting him?...na wao. Had he been a Christian then i would understand if ur parents Said no. So naija guys dey try oo. Travelling all the way to Somalia to get a wife.very soon we will afghan women coming to nairaland for advice on their naija boyfriends. Naija guys i hail una.

#Dead grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Somali/nigerian Wedding? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Mar 14, 2018
Rubber1999:

Thank you all for your help

Can your parents speak English?

Is the guy presentable?

Are you submissive?
Re: A Somali/nigerian Wedding? by Martin0(m): 11:17pm On Mar 14, 2018
lefulefu:
You are both Muslims so why would ur parents have any issue accepting him?...na wao. Had he been a Christian then i would understand if ur parents Said no. So naija guys dey try oo. Travelling all the way to Somalia to get a wife.very soon we will see afghan women coming to nairaland for advice on their naija boyfriends. Naija guys i hail una.

this kinda hustle is nothing related to any damn green card so what da hell do we describe it as?
Re: A Somali/nigerian Wedding? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Mar 14, 2018
Rubber1999:
We are both in the UK lol!

My parents are quite bright I suppose but they grew up in Somalia when there weren’t any foreigners (apart from Italians and Arabs) so I don’t know.

oh u both live in the uk?
then it ought not to be a problem in you two getting married .u said he 's a muslim so i am guessing he must be Hausa.Hausas and Somalis almost share a similar culture.if he"s hausa i doubt if ur parents would object.just airing my opinion though.

1 Like

Re: A Somali/nigerian Wedding? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Mar 14, 2018
Martin0:

this kinda hustle is nothing related to any damn green card so what da hell do we describe it as?
this no be hustle.its a story of two lovers with different culture finding it a little challenging to live with each other.both of dem dey uk na.

1 Like

Re: A Somali/nigerian Wedding? by Rubber1999: 11:38pm On Mar 14, 2018
I don’t know about Nigerian culture but for Somalis it’s hard to marry out. My dad makes jokes about it I think he might stop us from being together and I respect my dad so undecided
Re: A Somali/nigerian Wedding? by CloudKickin(f): 12:11am On Mar 15, 2018
Rubber1999:
Hi everybody,

My name is Aisha and I’m Somali but my bf of eight months is from Nigeria. He keeps asking me to let him talk to my family and stuff but I’m terrified. I think I love him but.. I don’t know how I should convince my parents. I met his family many times and I feel very guilty about all this. We are both Muslims btw! Does anybody have any experience of a Somali Nigerian marriage?

Thanks in advance!

Not sure if I’ll be much help as I’ve never seen a Nigerian/Somalian union personally but I’ve been to a Nigerian (my side of family) and a Rwandan wedding here in Lagos. It was a pleasant experience. The Rwandan side did one of their traditional dances when walking into the reception and a lot of the family that travelled in from Rwanda were dressed in their traditional attire, it was a nice cultural learning experience.
I think it just depends on how accepting your side of the family are of different cultures.

2 Likes

Re: A Somali/nigerian Wedding? by Nobody: 12:30am On Mar 15, 2018
Rubber1999:
I don’t know about Nigerian culture but for Somalis it’s hard to marry out. My dad makes jokes about it I think he might stop us from being together and I respect my dad so undecided
if you pretty like Dimples129 i am sure this your nigerian boyfriend will take u and run away with u if ur parents oppose ur union together. The ball lies in his court.
Re: A Somali/nigerian Wedding? by jacyhelen(f): 4:34am On Mar 15, 2018
Rubber1999:
Hi everybody,

My name is Aisha and I’m Somali but my bf of eight months is from Nigeria. He keeps asking me to let him talk to my family and stuff but I’m terrified. I think I love him but.. I don’t know how I should convince my parents. I met his family many times and I feel very guilty about all this. We are both Muslims btw! Does anybody have any experience of a Somali Nigerian marriage?

Thanks in advance!

yes the one i had and see is between Bokoharam commander and Isis daughter from somalie
Re: A Somali/nigerian Wedding? by Martin0(m): 6:15am On Mar 15, 2018
lefulefu:

this no be hustle.its a story of two lovers with different culture finding it a little challenging to live with each other.both of dem dey uk na.

yeah, am aware.

wish them luck!
Re: A Somali/nigerian Wedding? by Lionessza(f): 6:25am On Mar 15, 2018
Rubber1999:

Stop downplaying the reality of that " joke" by your dad. You know very well how he and most of your society feel about foreigners when it comes to issues like this . Somalians generally aren't open to marrying " fellow " africans, infact it's not just Somalians, horners in general. Not all but a good majority of them have the ,them and us attitude , which I totally understand because I come from a similar society, so don't think I'm taking a jab at you .

You need to make up your mind , are you willing and ready to live in isolation because of this guy?. Your family might not disown you but you and your future children will definitely feel the cold breeze forever when you visit a Somalian community . On the other hand, your happiness should come first , if you feel the guy is what you want/need and you are tough enough to survive without the affections of your family or you can survive if the relationship fails, why not take the risk? You only have one life to live.

2 Likes

Re: A Somali/nigerian Wedding? by Rubber1999: 2:53pm On Mar 15, 2018
It’s been sorted alxamdulilah thank you all grin
Re: A Somali/nigerian Wedding? by chuckdee4(m): 4:10pm On Mar 15, 2018
Rubber1999:

It’s been sorted alxamdulilah thank you all grin

Sorted Did you break up with him?

1 Like

Re: A Somali/nigerian Wedding? by Rubber1999: 4:17pm On Mar 15, 2018
Lol no, I told my mum and she said she’s going to help me tell my dad. Inshallah it’ll all be fine! grin
Re: A Somali/nigerian Wedding? by chuckdee4(m): 5:05pm On Mar 15, 2018
Rubber1999:
Lol no, I told my mum and she said she’s going to help me tell my dad. Inshallah it’ll all be fine! grin

Wish you all the best

1 Like

Re: A Somali/nigerian Wedding? by DonroxyII: 6:06pm On Mar 15, 2018
Rubber1999:
Would it be weird if I asked him to pretend to be Somali Bantu? embarassed
Ur parents doesn't want u to marry outside somalia ?
I will advise u take it up with ur parents, if they say no then, take it up with ur guy .....

As a Muslim girl, u need ur parent blessing in ur marriage ... so convince them or .......m

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Will You Rock This Purse Made From The Crown Cork Of Soft Drinks? / Me And My Madam / Watch A Man Who Caught His Wife Making Love His Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.