Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:53 AM

UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018 (70488 Views)

UEFA Champions League 2021/2022 Quarter Final Draw @ 12:00 PM / UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Fixtures / UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018 by guesswhoo: 2:38pm On Mar 16, 2018
SonOfAfonja:

Same Looserpoo has been trashed by average teams in spain. How about that also?
No need for insults, just checking history.
Liverpool has won more matches against Spanish sides till date. Except you have a contrasting fact, it's better you keep quiet.
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018 by alklas(m): 2:45pm On Mar 16, 2018
3 Spanish TM yet no one to play each other
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018 by SaintChukz(m): 2:48pm On Mar 16, 2018
Hizzy:
we talking about most watched league not rich club

I had to come out of guest mode just to correct the misinformation and trash you 've been spewing on this thread.

You're either one of these two things below:

i. A noise maker who's sentimentally blind to accepting facts for what it is as against what you think it ought to be.

Or

ii. A mischievous liar who thinks repeating his lies will make it appear to become truth.

For either of the above, in summary you're just a terrible individual for sticking to such opinions without proof to back up the claims.

Now...even those arguing should have put you out of your misery by simply showing you facts.

Below are a few web links that rubbishes your claim that La Liga is the most viewed league in Asia (unless there's another Asia you were referring to):

http://sokkaa.com/2017/03/27/top-7-football-clubs-with-biggest-fanbase-worldwide-today/

https://www.mumbrella.asia/2015/08/man-united-is-asias-most-popular-football-club-except-in-japan-when-ac-milan-is-favourite

https://tribuna.com/championsleague/en/news/2232388/

https://www.sportskeeda.com/amp/slideshow/top-10-most-watched-sports-leagues-world/7

Aside Real Madrid and Barcelona, there are little to no knowledge about other la liga sides in the Asian Continent.

But for the EPL...we mention at least 5 to 7 EPL clubs with huge fan base who follow the league.

PS: The EPL is the 'best' and most followed league for a reason and UEFA knows it would be losing huge revenue if it allows English sides lose their interest in the Champions league. NB: The 'best' isn't restricted to just talents or quality, it encompasses a whole of things that makes football as a global sport and business more profitable.

PPS: Don't get offended for this schooling, rather own up to it and take it as part of something you've learnt today.

4 Likes

Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018 by pamcode(m): 2:50pm On Mar 16, 2018
Hizzy:
bro your problem is that you don't research
Laliga bought TV rights to show laliga in Asia but there's no Premier league rights in Asia
you think because we Nigerian shout Chelsea Manchester United means it is the most watched league in the world or you think Africa is more populated than China
I didn't believe this until I checked. Omo Chinko plenty o.
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018 by idreezbaba(m): 2:52pm On Mar 16, 2018
Csami:

LMAO! So you think the stadium seats gives them the revenue!?
Ever heard of TV rights, sponsorships from multi-billion dollar company and etc. Africa alone pay TV rights worth billions and BTW, would you sponsor an Everton or a Bibao?
but why is Barcelona second richest in the world and Madrid 3rd?? ... In case you don't know Athletic Bilbao got 60million from TV Rights last season..
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018 by bezimo(m): 2:52pm On Mar 16, 2018
They want to Epl teams. Fraudulent UEFA.

3 Spanish team went into the quarter final..non faced each other..except the 2 Epl teams that went in..What a shameful set up..
They want the CL trophy to stay in laliga. Stupid UEFA.
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018 by Opoki(m): 2:54pm On Mar 16, 2018
TVTKOKO:
No oo na angry angry angry angry... How can just the two English team left meet each other angry angry angry

And all three Spanish sides got different teams! Madrid and Barca are already in the semi finals!!!
It's better, at least one of them will get to the semis and maybe finals.
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018 by Obichuku: 2:54pm On Mar 16, 2018
Tank God for barcelona
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018 by idreezbaba(m): 2:54pm On Mar 16, 2018
SaintChukz:

I had to come out of guest mode just to correct the misinformation and trash you 've been spewing on this thread.

You're are either of one of these two things below:

i. A noise maker who's sentimentally blind to accepting facts for what it is as against what you think it ought to be.

Or

ii. A mischievous liar who thinks repeating his lies will make it appear to become truth.

For either of the above, in summary you're just a terrible individual for sticking to such opinions without proof to back up the claims.

Now...even those arguing should have put you out of your misery by simply showing you facts.

Below are a few web links that rubbishes your claim that La Liga is the most viewed league in Asia (unless there's another Asia you were referring to):

http://sokkaa.com/2017/03/27/top-7-football-clubs-with-biggest-fanbase-worldwide-today/

https://www.mumbrella.asia/2015/08/man-united-is-asias-most-popular-football-club-except-in-japan-when-ac-milan-is-favourite

https://tribuna.com/championsleague/en/news/2232388/

Aside Real Madrid and Barcelona, there are little to no knowledge about other la liga sides in the Asian Continent.

But for the EPL...we mention at least 5 to 7 EPL clubs with huge fan base who follow the league.

PS: The EPL is the 'best' and most followed league for a reason and UEFA knows it would be losing huge revenue if it allows English sides lose their interest in the Champions league. NB: The 'best' isn't restricted to just talents or quality, it encompasses a whole of things that makes football as a global sport and business more profitable.

PPS: Don't get offended for this schooling, rather own up to it and take it as part of something you've learnt today.

you are spewing thrash.. Barcelona has the biggest fanbase in Europe!! ... Real Madrid and Barcelona have more followers than any other English teams on all social media platforms(instagram,facebook,twitter]. check it!!!!

5 Likes

Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018 by samkevie: 2:54pm On Mar 16, 2018
prodiG:
Ojoro.Why should barca get Roma na?
hahaha...u guess you’re a Madrid fan
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018 by Slymonster(m): 2:57pm On Mar 16, 2018
Bayern,madrid and barca are in the semi final..but man city vs liverpool i can't predict that game if liverpool is on their game
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018 by bezimo(m): 2:57pm On Mar 16, 2018
TVTKOKO:
No oo na angry angry angry angry... How can just the two English team left meet each other angry angry angry

And all three Spanish sides got different teams! Madrid and Barca are already in the semi finals!!!

Confirmed scam draw..
When Totenham, United and Chelsea were in the quarter final that year 2010/2011 season. UEFA paired United together with Chelsea and totenham with some other team..i thing real or so.I remember very well

When United, Chelsea and Liverpool were in the quarter final that year 2008/2009 season. I remember
UEFA paired Liverpool with chelsea and United with Porto or so

What a UEFA scam. Shame..
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018 by SaintChukz(m): 3:00pm On Mar 16, 2018
idreezbaba:

you are spewing thrash.. Barcelona has the biggest fanbase in Europe!! ... Real Madrid and Barcelona have more followers than any other English teams on all social media platforms(instagram,facebook,twitter]. check it!!!!

Hey...are you blind or you're just plain stupid?

Who's talking Europe when the discuss was centred on Asia and Worldwide? Perhaps the discuss wasn't even about Barcelona and Real Madrid. We are talking the football league as a whole.

Read my post again but this time slowly.
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018 by onomeabuja: 3:06pm On Mar 16, 2018
WICKED UEFA. Y DE GO GROUP THE 2 ONLY ENGLISH CLUB REMAINING TOGETHER & LEFT THE 3 SPAIN TO FIGURE IT OUT WITH DIFFERENT COUNTRIES.
I PRAY ALL SPANISH CLUBS CRASH OUT!

1 Like

Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018 by Makschinchin: 3:07pm On Mar 16, 2018
ominilongest:
Madrid vs Manchester city .....Barcelona vs Bayern Munich...semi final.. cool..#halamadrid

You neva can tell sha.. but all d same...

...you deserve this...

1 Like

Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018 by Sirmuel1(m): 3:18pm On Mar 16, 2018
guesswhoo:

Liverpool, for example, has won more games against the best two Spanish teams. How about that?

That's almost 2 decades ago cheesy
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018 by ezekjoe(m): 3:18pm On Mar 16, 2018
Europa draw Arsenal VS CSKA Moscow
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018 by spartoo: 3:20pm On Mar 16, 2018
mukina2:
chelsea vs Manchester United

grin

grin

For 3rd leg?

grin

1 Like

Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018 by Sirmuel1(m): 3:21pm On Mar 16, 2018
dabossman:

Er, you had a point until you made this comment. Are English clubs made up of only English players?

English teams, not players.
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018 by ezekjoe(m): 3:23pm On Mar 16, 2018
Europa draws

2 Likes

Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018 by Sirmuel1(m): 3:23pm On Mar 16, 2018
OGHENAOGIE:
how many has Spain train ...mancity has wat it takes to win it...players or coach...

Google is your friend my brother.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2015/03/soccers-10-best-youth-academies.html

1 Like

Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018 by Sirmuel1(m): 3:24pm On Mar 16, 2018
Iyalayaibomaku:
did u know that uefa is worried about English team losing focus from champions league cos they know that without them champions league will loose is value quickly

Seriously? cheesy
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018 by Sirmuel1(m): 3:25pm On Mar 16, 2018
Iyalayaibomaku:
leave glory alone spain have been dominating champions league since but still their league is not up to premiership standard in many ways

What standard are you talking about? The only thing I know about Premiere league is TV rights, nothing else

2 Likes

Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018 by Mary32: 3:54pm On Mar 16, 2018
Sicilyjoe:
Any body with accurate date and time for the match should reply me, don't tell me that rubbish of first week whatever date and time and return leg too

3rd and 10th. For Roma and Barcelona

Learn how to ask politely.
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018 by Nobody: 4:11pm On Mar 16, 2018
guesswhoo:

No need for insults, just checking history.
Liverpool has won more matches against Spanish sides till date. Except you have a contrasting fact, it's better you keep quiet.

How have I insulted you now ehn? Back to the issue, didn't villareal, sevilla deal with liverpool recently....
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018 by Noblewhiz(m): 4:16pm On Mar 16, 2018
LesbianBoy:
My predictions
Barcelona vs Roma - Barcelona to qualify
Juventus vs Real Madrid - Real Madrid to qualify
Liverpool vs Manchester City - Liverpool to qualify
Sevilla vs Bayern Munich - Bayern Munich to qualify
Meaningless prediction without cash
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018 by Eeroh95(m): 4:37pm On Mar 16, 2018
This is sad.... Liverpool vs Manchester City..

The want only one English team to go through while Spain progresses..

We all know Barca will kill Roma and real Madrid will do same luckily..
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018 by Eeroh95(m): 4:39pm On Mar 16, 2018
TVTKOKO:

exactly my point.....why fix Liverpool against Manchester City?

Only one English team will remain which reduces their chance of winning it......this champions league have been bought my laliga
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018 by king94(m): 4:54pm On Mar 16, 2018
STILESGANG:
Only bayern and Barca are hunting for the treble. Manchester City are out of the fa cup
Juventus are hunting for d treble too.
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018 by Christaks(m): 5:03pm On Mar 16, 2018
BluntTheApostle:
The Europa League draws is what I can't wait for.

How I wish Arsenal would draw Atletico Madrid and get the thrashing of their lives.

ManU fan spotted
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018 by Culin(f): 5:04pm On Mar 16, 2018
anigbajumo:

Ode,typical example of broke ass lady.What has broke gat to do with the subject matter.Shouting broke up nd down as if una papa is bill gate,everyone forming billionaire daughter on NL of which she might be hunting for sugar Daddy to meet her daily chips...gerrout of my mention

Hahaha bros, na only God fit solve your frustration, just pray to him ok.

1 Like

Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018 by Daspirit: 5:14pm On Mar 16, 2018
Barca
Bayern
Real Madrid
Man city

To make it to the semi final.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (3 - 0) On 6th May 2015 / MK Dons Vs Manchester United: Capital One Cup (4 - 0) On 26th August 2014 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.