Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,234 members, 7,807,782 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:06 PM

See The Recommendations Issued By House Of Reps For Carbonated Drinks In Nigeria - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See The Recommendations Issued By House Of Reps For Carbonated Drinks In Nigeria (14241 Views)

How Many Cans Of Carbonated Drinks Have You Tasted This Year?? / NAFDAC Bans Alcoholic Drinks In Sachets, Small Volume PET / Much Of Carbonated Drinks Destroys Body System- Expert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Recommendations Issued By House Of Reps For Carbonated Drinks In Nigeria by ChangeIsCostant: 6:44am On Mar 15, 2018
Yesterday the House of Representatives considered the report of the Adhoc Committee Investigating the Safety of Carbonated Drinks in Nigeria under the leadership of Femi Gbajabiamila.

The House came up with the following recommendations:

1. That warning label be printed on Fanta and Sprite that the products are harmful when taken with Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) as from January 1, 2019.

2.That NAFDAC should compel producers/manufacturers to indicate all chemicals, acids, colorants and preservatives contained in their products on the packs or bottles no matter how negligible they are as from January 1, 2019.

3. That the regulating agencies be adequately funded by the government to enable them effectively monitor adulteration of all drinks produced and marketed in Nigeria.

4. That Expiry Date must be printed on all carbonated and non-carbonated drinks produced and marketed in Nigeria effective from January 1, 2019.

5. That standard review should be carried out biannually by the Regulating Agencies, particularly Standard Organization of Nigeria (SON) partnering with NAFDAC.

6. That the House Committee on Health Services Place Special Attention to NAFDAC.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/03/house-of-representatives-issues-recommendations-for-carbonated-drinks-in-nigeria.html

10 Likes

Re: See The Recommendations Issued By House Of Reps For Carbonated Drinks In Nigeria by ameri9ja: 6:50am On Mar 15, 2018
Hypocrites. They know none of these would make any difference. Ban the drinks if u got the guts, or forget all these stpidity.

I dedicate this FTC to getting rid of Ambode.
#AMBODE MUST GO!!!

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Recommendations Issued By House Of Reps For Carbonated Drinks In Nigeria by ngwababe(f): 6:51am On Mar 15, 2018
Not fan of these things!!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Recommendations Issued By House Of Reps For Carbonated Drinks In Nigeria by Histrings08(m): 6:51am On Mar 15, 2018
This is long overdue... Nyc work fellas

1 Like

Re: See The Recommendations Issued By House Of Reps For Carbonated Drinks In Nigeria by Zaikon(m): 6:51am On Mar 15, 2018
So people should continue to die until January 2019 .

26 Likes

Re: See The Recommendations Issued By House Of Reps For Carbonated Drinks In Nigeria by LordIsaac(m): 6:51am On Mar 15, 2018
Reps is working....lolz

1 Like

Re: See The Recommendations Issued By House Of Reps For Carbonated Drinks In Nigeria by Iscoalarcon: 6:51am On Mar 15, 2018
ameri9ja:
H
H for House of Representatives undecided

1 Like

Re: See The Recommendations Issued By House Of Reps For Carbonated Drinks In Nigeria by baddosky1: 6:52am On Mar 15, 2018
Thank God I don't take soft drinks. It is a quick route to the grave.

But see as that man wey siddon with Gbajabiamila dey look that Fanta like say he wan drink am.

7 Likes

Re: See The Recommendations Issued By House Of Reps For Carbonated Drinks In Nigeria by ezimo777(m): 6:52am On Mar 15, 2018
Good
Re: See The Recommendations Issued By House Of Reps For Carbonated Drinks In Nigeria by omocalabar(m): 6:52am On Mar 15, 2018
That's how they will be forming busy body when real burning issues are left unattended...mtcheeew

9 Likes

Re: See The Recommendations Issued By House Of Reps For Carbonated Drinks In Nigeria by muhdzed(m): 6:53am On Mar 15, 2018
Good move...tryna protect the citizens of this great nation

1 Like

Re: See The Recommendations Issued By House Of Reps For Carbonated Drinks In Nigeria by Lomprico2: 6:53am On Mar 15, 2018
Nigerians dont read!! It wont change anything. There r countless videos being circulated online on how harmful carbonated drinks can be, it has not reduced the patronage and intake of these drinks and it still has not separated me from my darling coca cola. smiley

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Recommendations Issued By House Of Reps For Carbonated Drinks In Nigeria by ameri9ja: 6:53am On Mar 15, 2018
Iscoalarcon:
H for House of Representatives undecided

H for hypocrites

2 Likes

Re: See The Recommendations Issued By House Of Reps For Carbonated Drinks In Nigeria by pmc01(m): 6:53am On Mar 15, 2018
All take effect only by 2019. Makagini? undecided
Re: See The Recommendations Issued By House Of Reps For Carbonated Drinks In Nigeria by Stevengerd(m): 6:53am On Mar 15, 2018
My intake of this drinks btw monday and tuesday, i swear i fear for myself

2 Likes

Re: See The Recommendations Issued By House Of Reps For Carbonated Drinks In Nigeria by Olalan(m): 6:53am On Mar 15, 2018
Increased funding to regulatory bodies is just to make some og a richer, cause even with the funds they have they seem not efficient in discharging their duties, rather they go to these organisations to get bribes under the guise of getting PR.
Re: See The Recommendations Issued By House Of Reps For Carbonated Drinks In Nigeria by madridguy(m): 6:54am On Mar 15, 2018
Forget the clowns and rogues, all they're after is just some settlements from these companies.

Continue to RIP Professor Dora Akunyili.

3 Likes

Re: See The Recommendations Issued By House Of Reps For Carbonated Drinks In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:54am On Mar 15, 2018
The only reasonable recommendation emanating from that HOUSE in 3 years

4 Likes

Re: See The Recommendations Issued By House Of Reps For Carbonated Drinks In Nigeria by Originalsly: 6:55am On Mar 15, 2018
Those bottles too small to write all the chemicals ingredients in soda.....think they should put a heavy tax on soda.
Re: See The Recommendations Issued By House Of Reps For Carbonated Drinks In Nigeria by Zizicardo(f): 6:57am On Mar 15, 2018
Y should it be 2019?

Y not with immediate effect?

What about the harm it would cause b4 2019?

Anyway, they tried sha, at least they took a step on it

3 Likes

Re: See The Recommendations Issued By House Of Reps For Carbonated Drinks In Nigeria by talk2percy(m): 6:58am On Mar 15, 2018
Nnukwa, for the first time since independence, these greedy and selfish official thieves wants to behave like they have the interest of the poor masses at heart. Can u imagine.......

1 Like

Re: See The Recommendations Issued By House Of Reps For Carbonated Drinks In Nigeria by SirIconR(m): 7:02am On Mar 15, 2018
so we should continue taking harmful soft drink till 2019.... without majority of the populaces knowing that it is harmful.... I plead that, there should be public awareness and enlightenment before the given date

7 Likes

Re: See The Recommendations Issued By House Of Reps For Carbonated Drinks In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:03am On Mar 15, 2018
It's just that it has become the norm, else I will say that kids should be banned from going to school with these drinks. Just food and water. No snacks either. Some schools have banned snacks. I always urge parents to buy malt drinks for their kids to take to school instead of all these drinks. Better than these. A child that refused to eat his school food can be very OK dining a can of malt.

1 Like

Re: See The Recommendations Issued By House Of Reps For Carbonated Drinks In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:06am On Mar 15, 2018
ameri9ja:
Hypocrites. They know none of these would make any difference. Ban the drinks if u got the gots, or forget all these stpidity.

#AMBODE MUST GO!!!

WTF? What offense did Ambode, Tinubu's second son do? Hope it has nothing to do with the inflated toll fees or land ownership charges?
Re: See The Recommendations Issued By House Of Reps For Carbonated Drinks In Nigeria by goslowgoslow(m): 7:06am On Mar 15, 2018
ameri9ja:
Hypocrites. They know none of these would make any difference. Ban the drinks if u got the gots, or forget all these stpidity.

#AMBODE MUST GO!!!
Can you Nigerians ever be satisfied?

1 Like

Re: See The Recommendations Issued By House Of Reps For Carbonated Drinks In Nigeria by ameri9ja: 7:10am On Mar 15, 2018
goslowgoslow:

Can you Nigerians ever be satisfied?

Satisfied my aśs. They know none of those things would deter a single Nigerian from drinking those poisons. Hypocrites!

1 Like

Re: See The Recommendations Issued By House Of Reps For Carbonated Drinks In Nigeria by Pat081: 7:11am On Mar 15, 2018
I dnt take dos drinks up dia , beer like 33, origin etc
Re: See The Recommendations Issued By House Of Reps For Carbonated Drinks In Nigeria by ameri9ja: 7:12am On Mar 15, 2018
chocberry:

WTF? What offense did Ambode, Tinubu's second son do? Hope it has nothing to do with the inflated toll fees or land ownership charges?

You said it. He'd been sheepishly copying America (NYC especially), thinking some of us don't notice.

2 Likes

Re: See The Recommendations Issued By House Of Reps For Carbonated Drinks In Nigeria by EagleScribes: 7:18am On Mar 15, 2018
Good development. But if the warning on cigarette packs and the "drink responsibly" caption on alcoholic drinks do not make a difference, I don't see how this one will.

Lagos people wey be say dem don chop gala and big cola finish for traffic before dem go check expiry date

We all our responsible for our actions anyway. I choose to live healthy

1 Like

Re: See The Recommendations Issued By House Of Reps For Carbonated Drinks In Nigeria by xynerise: 7:18am On Mar 15, 2018
Do you need the senate to tell you how harmful these drinks are before you become wise?

Don't consumer these drinks like blood tonic. They are harmful to the body.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise / Reduce Rice Consumption To Once A Week, Director Urges Nigerians / Sachet Of Pure Water Now N20!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.