Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,850 members, 7,802,726 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) (33491 Views)

Can A Born Again Give A Head During Sex? / When A Born Again Christian Is Sex Starved / How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by DrAyo1(m): 10:47pm On May 04, 2010
James 3 : 1
My brethren, let not many of you become teachers, knowing that we shall receive a stricter judgement.
May the Lord give you and me, the right understanding of His word. AMEN.
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by DrAyo1(m): 10:47pm On May 04, 2010
James 3 : 1
My brethren, let not many of you become teachers, knowing that we shall receive a stricter judgement.
May the Lord give you and me, the right understanding of His word. AMEN.
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by Nobody: 1:42am On May 05, 2010
Serious, i never knew this thread has gone this far.

I see Joagbaje (CEC) is trying to tell us that A Born Again Christian is not a sinner if he sins. So i ask, does sin have any effect on our Spirituality because thats what been born again is about?
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by Sonofpeace(m): 2:22am On May 05, 2010
babaearly:

I see Joagbaje (CEC) is trying to tell us that A Born Again Christian is not a sinner if he sins. So i ask, does sin have any effect on our Spirituality because thats what been born again is about?

Yes it does create a negative effect btw us and God until we ask God for forgiveness. I am disappointed with the teachings todayz so called servants of God impact into their flocks nowadayz. Its sickening, May God help us all.
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by Chidoxyl(m): 3:27am On May 05, 2010
When a man ( even a Christian) sins, his name is put out of The Lamb's Book of Life. Whose name are put out of The Lamb's Book of Life? SINNERS ofcos. I want 2 say categorically here that if Baba Adeboye sin today (God forbid), he automatically becomes a sinner, despite his kingdom accomplishes. Our God is no respecter of persons.

Be you a Christian from birth, whose last act was 2 sin against God, or be you a perpetual sinner, - there is just one destination for such ones (HELL). Hell is d final rest place for all SINNERS!
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by Teche: 3:45am On May 05, 2010
I thank God many people are interested in Gods word. But it pains me that not everybody who profess chritianity manifest its life. Alot of people today are churchianity without christianianity. Firstly, I would like to tell you that all preachers on TV today, many unknown preachers, general overseers, pastors, evangelist, apostle,bishop, venerables,etc ALL ARE WAITING RESULT-HEAVENLY VERDICT! So, according to col 3:1-2; 1 john1:5-7 any msg we hear any where be radio,tv,pulpit,crusade,etc irrespective of the preacher if it does prompt,stir up and agitate your soul on the second coming of the Lord or against the teaching of our LORD JESUS is an anti christ. 1 john 3:7-9 explains 'little children let NO MAN deceive you, ' there are many deceit in our churches today. But according to this protest, any body that sin is the devil vs 9 of 1john 3. A born again can not sin! He or she longs to become like JESUS. Pls, dont you know that this generation church are after fame, pot belly, fatneck, large congregation, prosperity teaching? 2timothy 4:3 says ' for the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lust shall they heap to themselves teachers having itching ears' Kjv 'A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teaching. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want hear. God's word, At this end time Jesus said it and bible made us know that many will come like a sheep. My people a sinner is a sinner. Someone comment that no one can live without sin {to summarize} see there is a life above sin and the world that is the victory JESUS has won for believers. Pls, let NO PREACHER DECEIVE YOU. You can live above sin if you follow the teaching of JESUS 'THE ONLY ONE GOD PROCLAIMED THAT WE SHOULD HERE' are longing to meet JESUS? Do you think GOD will lower HIS standard? Do u believe there is old and new generation christian? Will GOD say because of your pastor who mislead you I pardoned you? If you wish more elaborate bible study on how to live above sin and fulfilling GOD'S own standard you may mail me: tosin4eche@yahoo.com Remember our life is like mist that appears in the morning to disappear later you can make a right choice and fulfill destiny on earth and have a glorious assurance to JESUS that DAY. JESUS loves You
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by Kiaso(m): 7:16am On May 05, 2010
Please read(1John3:7,8
little children,let MAN(Pt.Chris) deceive you:he that doeth righteousness is righteous,even as HE(CHRIST)is righteous.He that committeth sin is of the devil;for the devil sinneth from the beginning.For thir purpose the Son of God was manifested,that he might destroy the works of the devil).
No "christian" can sin and call him/her self a child of God or a Born again person.
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by Kiaso(m): 7:33am On May 05, 2010
Well and perfectly articulated
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by Ranoscky(m): 7:37am On May 05, 2010
Na wa oh . . . shocked shocked

some people get time dey write a whole bible page for this dirty topic oh. shocked
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by Kiaso(m): 7:52am On May 05, 2010
Ranoscky:

Na wa oh . . . shocked shocked

some people get time dey write a whole bible page for this dirty topic oh. shocked
u need to know the extent of my anger on topics like dis and to know that there are pervated gospel preachers out there
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by Kiaso(m): 7:57am On May 05, 2010
Chidoxyl:

When a man ( even a Christian) sins, his name is put out of The Lamb's Book of Life. Whose name are put out of The Lamb's Book of Life? SINNERS ofcos. I want 2 say categorically here that if Baba Adeboye sin today (God forbid), he automatically becomes a sinner, despite his kingdom accomplishes. Our God is no respecter of persons.

Be you a Christian from birth, whose last act was 2 sin against God, or be you a perpetual sinner, - there is just one destination for such ones (HELL). Hell is d final rest place for all SINNERS!
well and perfectly articulated
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by richjohn1(m): 8:48am On May 05, 2010
All these babblings point to one fact RELIGION IS BULLCRAP! grin
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by oludashmi(f): 9:06am On May 05, 2010
sonofpeace, you are welcome

lysaa:

Committing a sin doesn't make a Christian a sinner. .I bellieve thats the discourse.
Thats what man gets when he seeks his own righteousness. . no wonder God spoke thru Isaiah that this righteousness by the law is as filthy rag. But Thru Christ, we have been introduced to another righteousness which is by faith and its an inherent gift to anyone in Christ. Man can not help himself, if he could, there wouldn't have been a need for Jesus to show up on earth to die in our stead. We were helpless but thank God He sent us help. Abraham believed God and it was counted unto him for righteousness. God step on mount sinai and it was called a Holy mount. The area of the burning bush was called Holy because God showed up there.The bush did not fast the mount did not pray, all Abraham had to do was to believe in God who calls those things that be not as tho they were. There are no middle grounds, either u are righteous or not. .no 90% holiness or righteousness.
lysaa, pls read my posts on pages 1 and 2.

You were referring to David in one of your posts of how he committed sins and God still called him a man after his heart abi? Good!! It is easy to mention people like David and Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, infact it is easier to mention people like Jesus when he was on earth BUT can you pay 1% of the prices they pay?

Have you ever danced like David in the street such that people thought you were insane? Have you ever sacrificed like David did unto God (infact you cant) with all you have (maybe your entire salary for months to the poor or orphanage)? Have you ever tried sacrificing your baby or one of your brothers for God before? Have you ever declared  fasting for weeks all because of thanksgiving? Have you ever prayed like Jesus did such that the sweat that came out of you was like blood even on the ground? Have you ever been thrown into a boiling oil all because of Jesus before? Have you ever been persecuted in your family and home town before all because of what you stand for? Have you ever heed to God's command like Moses did and was highly used for the Isrealites/Nigeria (Moses is the meekest man on earth)? Infact the questions from the lives of David, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Jesus, Paul etc is unending.

Yet you call their names and their rewards as if it is popcorn and groundnut. you relate with their likes as if it is a childs play. Better study your bible and see it the way it is meant to mean not the way you want it to mean.

Image123:

If the christian has the nature of God(righteousness), then it's logic that he should be sinLESS. God does not sin once in a while. The purpose Jesus came was to save us from sin, not to make us free to sin.

Is it possible to be a carbon copy of your dad in total appearance but people still call you a naughty person because of your character?
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by Fant(m): 10:49am On May 05, 2010
Having read every post, i have this to say. The things of the spirit are not for canal minded fellows {2cor, 2:14}. So let us talk with understanding.  Even if that was actually what Pastor Chris said, as a wise person, before you post anything, you need to first understand the context of the statement first.  Now, we all know that when Adam sinned, everyone on earth  caught the nature of sin {Rom 5:17}. So, when Jesus came, he carried all our sins on himself {1cor 5:20-21,isaah 53:4-9} but this was with the condition that we should believe in him {jhn 3:16-17}. This means that the moment you accept JESUS as the son of God and your saviour, you are automatically translated from the realm of sin to righteousness and old things are passed away including the name A SINNER {1cor 517}.  The point here is this: The moment you BELIEVE in JESUS-the son of GOD, you become dead to sin. Why? Because Christ died so that the Identity A SINNER can be taken away from those who believe in him.  I therefore make bold to say to you this: Gramatically, a sinner is someone who commits sins but spiritually, a sinner is that person who don't believe in JESUS because if you don't believe in JESUS then you can't claim that you believe in GOD. Let me give us this illustration. If you have a son and a servant, and one day, your servant happens to steal money from you and after two days, your son now stole more money from you. The way you will treat your servant will be absolutely different from the way you will treat your son.  You may publicly call your servant a thief but not your own son. This is also the same with GOD because we were created in HIS own image and if we believe in HIS SON then are also the sons of GOD {1John 1:12}.  The soul that sin shall die {Ezk 18:4 & 20} and death means to perish but not the soul that believes and yet sin because whosoever believe {not if righteous people believe} SHALL NOT PERISH but have EVERLASTING life. {john 3:16}. There is also NO CONDEMNATION to them that are in Christ {Rom 8:1} so who are we to condemn a believer who eventually committed sin {matt 7:1-2} .      Let me also draw our attention to the fact that every believer does not live under LAW but under the GRACE in Christ Jesus and we all know that the LAW is meant for sin while Grace is a gift of righteousness {Rom 5:20-21}. Having this knowledge that if we believe we are then under grace and not law, what makes us think that those who believe should be boldly addressed as sinners if they err knowing that grace don't have any relationship with law?   However, i demand your understanding here. I am not saying that it is Ok for christians to continue in sin because of the grace: GOD FORBID {Rom 6:1-2}. The point is no body including Men of God is perfect but we all work towards perfection {2Tim 3:16} and God is aware of man's inperfection that is why HE sent HIS son to die that HIS grace might be unleashed upon the souls of men.       Finally friends, the summary is this: if a man truely believes in JESUS and commits sin, his nature does not change {1cor 5:17} because of the covenant of grace {Rom 5:17-21} but if he continues in sin and dies then he must go to hell because their is no provision for grace in the grave where he is going.  LET EVERYONE WORK OUT HIS OWN SALVATION, THE GRACE IS SUFFICIENT {2cor 12:9}. Please, let us leave these men of God alone because we didn't call them but God did so who are we to judge them {matt 7:1-2} He is the one to judge them. LEAVE THEM ALONE!! Especially

Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by Ranoscky(m): 12:11pm On May 05, 2010
Sometimes i wonder why dis topic is still going on but meanwhile there's something i'll like to know abot this topic.

is it that some people are defending this topic?

or u guys just feel like arguing on this topic? undecided
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by Joagbaje(m): 12:13pm On May 05, 2010
babaearly,

babaearly:

Sin does not have effect on our our spirit. The bible call them works of the FLESH.

Galatians 5:19
   Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

Sin can be difined as Dominion of the flesh or dominion of the senses. A man That is still battling with sin has not come to full comprehension of his nature . He is a babe or carnal . God wants us to grow into perfection. A carnal christian is born again but he still finds himself yield to fleshly desires. Even though God has made provision to forgive him for any mess, He needs to grow out of that level. by walking in the spirit.

Galatians 5:16
   This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

But if he finds himself in a mess, he is still  the son of God in a mess period!. He should just get out of it.and God wipes him clean. He is not a sinner.

No child of God wants to sin. Every child of God wants to please God.If a Christian falls into a mistake, dont rejoice over him. help restore him rather.If you become too judgemental over a fault of another Christian, one day you will fall into a bigger mess.Your lack of mercy will boomerang.

Galatians 6:1
   Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by Sonofpeace(m): 2:00pm On May 05, 2010
I guess this gonna be my last contribution towards this topic. I still stand on my opinion that once somebody sinned, be he a believer or an unbeliever that person automatically becomes a sinner but the difference is just how long the sinner in question remains in sin (Romans 6:1) !Period!! For instance,  Somebody stole 100naira and another that stole 10000naira from you, won't you tag two of them thieves? The same way somebody that fights is a fighter, one that swims is a swimmer, one who fornicates is a fornicator, one who kills is a killer, it goes on and on, the list is endless. Lets stop deceiving ourselves by thinking that God is a fool or that we can play God. I myself, i am not perfect whenever i sin unto God it pains me and i see myself as a foolish sinner.
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by oludashmi(f): 2:03pm On May 05, 2010
Joagbaje:

babaearly,

Sin does not have effect on our our spirit. The bible call them works of the [b]FLESH.[/b]

Galatians 5:19
   Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

Sin can be difined as Dominion of the flesh or dominion of the senses. A man That is still battling with sin has not come to full comprehension of his nature . He is a babe or carnal . God wants us to grow into perfection. A carnal christian is born again but he still finds himself yield to fleshly desires. Even though God has made provision to forgive him for any mess, He needs to grow out of that level. by walking in the spirit.

Galatians 5:16
   This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

But if he finds himself in a mess, he is still  the son of God in a mess period!. He should just get out of it.and God wipes him clean. He is not a sinner.

No child of God wants to sin. Every child of God wants to please God.If a Christian falls into a mistake, dont rejoice over him. help restore him rather.If you become too judgemental over a fault of another Christian, one day you will fall into a bigger mess.Your lack of mercy will boomerang.

Galatians 6:1
   Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

Keep on sinning and growing in the spirit, You hear? Infact back every sin up with a bible verse.
What if the Christian sinner does not realise the sin committed or he just overlooked it? What if he did not ask for forgiveness and death captures him, is he not going to be regarded as a sinner at judgement? A Christian sinner remains with his spots if he does not go back to God.

It is not as if I am righteous, capital NO, but the truth is that I know when I commit sin and I like to quickly settle with my God. I cant say because I still commit sin knowingly or unknowingly now justify committing sin as a born-again, God forbid!

Anyway, with all I have said from the first page, I rest my case on this issue. He that has ear let him hear. No matter how long we talk, those who will agree will and those who wont will not. Infact if Jesus comes down today and give heaven for free, majority will still deliberately refuse it.
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by Enigma(m): 2:15pm On May 05, 2010
oludashmi:

Keep on sinning and growing in the spirit, You hear?
What if the Christian sinner does not take realise the sin committed or he just overlooked it ? What if he did not ask for forgiveness and death captures him, is he not going to be regarded as a sinner at judgement? A Christian sinner remains with his spots if he does not go back to GOD

Oludashmi

Pasiitor Joagbaje is a well known follower of heretics, especially Oyakhilome, with poor basic comprehension skills and serious ignorance of Christian biblical teaching. So don't be surprised if he throws in a most foolish line like "sin does not affect your spirit".

Please take any thing he says on Christian doctrine with a large bucketful of salt. He is only good at parotting heresies from Oyakhilome's Rhapsody of erRoRs and other similar nonsensical works. In fact he ranks the Rhapsody of erRoRs above the Bible!

EDITED However, leaving Joagbaje aside a Christian's duty is to live by the Spirit and avoid sinning; but a Christian does not need to be afraid of eternal damnation because of the occasional sin - especially inadvertent sin.
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by minute(f): 2:21pm On May 05, 2010
Ok, let's not forget about sin right now.Think of being a human being and a good citizen.

1. Have you ever in your life lied?

2. Have you ever in your life stolen something?

If so, then even by non Christian standards that makes you . . . .

*A lying,thief*

and even by non  Christian standards that is not a good person. undecided undecided undecided
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by Gunnaz007: 2:34pm On May 05, 2010
@Enigma, mind your tongue and be very mindful of it, for by your words you shall be condemned and by your words you shall be saved!!!

You and your ilks, including the poster of this thread have been slandering the person of Pastor Chris overtime so one is not surprise!!!

Now that you are posing as "GOD SUPPORTERS" on Nairaland. . . . I will leave you with this scripture from 1st Corinthians 4:1-5 -------

1. So then, men ought to regard us as servants of Christ and as those entrusted with the secret things of God.
2. Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful.
3. I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself.
4. My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me.
5. Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the
   motives of men's hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from God.

Shalom
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by Enigma(m): 2:38pm On May 05, 2010
Gunnaz007:

@Enigma, mind your tongue and be very mindful of it, for by your words you shall be condemned and by your words you shall be saved!!!

Oyakhilome is a heretic, in fact he is Nigeria's heretic-in-chief! I only pity the ignorant mugs he is leading away from the teachings of Christ and into satanic doctrines and who he is fleecing through "tithes" and offerings at the same time!
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by Gunnaz007: 2:54pm On May 05, 2010
^^^ grin grin grin grin, hahahahaha, you are exhibiting traits of a nagging wife, bros!!!

Resounding your well known position doesnt add or remove any hair from that man's hair;
And for your info, if you read the passage i posted above, you would understand the attitude of this man towards your name calling campaign;
In fact, he doesnt even know you exist (Did i sound arrogant? I dont know) tongue tongue tongue cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Be of good cheer brother wink wink wink Take ma holy kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by Ranoscky(m): 3:16pm On May 05, 2010
this is the worse topic that i have ever posted comment on!

I'm sick and tired of recieving messages on ma mail box b'cos of this crapy topic.

u guys should navigate to other forums plssssss 4 god sake. sad sad sad
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by Joagbaje(m): 4:33pm On May 05, 2010
Enigma:

Oyakhilome is a heretic, in fact he is Nigeria's heretic-in-chief! I only pity the ignorant mugs he is leading away from the teachings of Christ and into satanic doctrines and who he is fleecing through "tithes" and offerings at the same time!
Rather he is one of the best bible teachers the world has ever known. You are very wrong. Its only ingnorant babies here on nairaland that have such opinion.Theology is not spirituality. Enigma , I really dont know if youre born again ,but just incase you are, Have you ever done something wrong?. Yes! i believe. So Just get ready for hell Man!!

Forgiveness is supposed to be part of elementary teachings in Christ. It is religious people that find it hard to accept forgiveness from God, and also find it hard to forgivve themselves and others.
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by Enigma(m): 5:00pm On May 05, 2010
Joagbaje:

Rather he is one of the best bible teachers the world has ever known. You are very wrong. Its only ingnorant babies here on nairaland that have such opinion.Theology is not spirituality.

I have told you before but maybe I should make clear again: all Oyakhilome does is recycle old heresies by Kenneth Hagin and Kenneth Copeland and parrot those to uninformed people like you as some "new revelation". I will be in Naija in the near future and lay my hands on a couple of Oyakhilome's books and come back here to compare them to Hagin and Copeland materials. I have already seen lots of evidence from his preaching and from your Rhapsody of erRoRs of such parroting so what I'm talking about is concrete evidence of plagiarism. Even such topics "authority of the believer", "who we are in christ" are well known Hagin-Copeland saws.

Enigma , I really dont know if youre born again ,but just incase you are, Have you ever done something wrong?. Yes! i believe. So Just get ready for hell Man!!

Your type of WoF "born again" does not interest me in the least as I am a Christian ---- if only you know what that means

Forgiveness is supposed to be part of elementary teachings in Christ. It is religious people that find it hard to accept forgiveness from God, and also find it hard to forgivve themselves and others.

Of course you fail to notice that I only made a small contribution to the topic --- so you don't really know my view on the correct Christian (not WoF) teaching. All I have said so far is that a Christian's duty is to avoid sinning but not be afraid of eternal damnation because of the odd sin.

I was not even going to comment on the thread at all until I saw another of your usual poison on it and its potential effect on innocent people who may be misled. No knowledgeable Christian and certainly no "pastor" worth the name will say as you did ignorantly that

Sin does not have effect on our our spirit.

That statement is simply idiotic as well as clearly unbiblical.
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by viclee009: 6:03pm On May 05, 2010
pastor Chris, did u hear that not even the least drop of sin will enter the kingdom of GOD?
I don't know what u r talking about. Born again or NOT born again is no license to commit attrocity.
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by Nobody: 7:25pm On May 05, 2010
Joagbaje:

babaearly,

Sin does not have effect on our our spirit. The bible call them works of the FLESH.

Ol boy are you damn serious? Now i finally get the answer i wanted aha CEC. Now i know the reason why!
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by karo93: 8:11pm On May 05, 2010
works of the flesh means that they are the desires of your flesh and it is your flesh that moves you to do them and not that they only have effect on the flesh otherwise what will have been bad in having a most sinful flesh when you will abandon it when you die and your spirit will be just as clean as that of an earthly sinless person?
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by Enigma(m): 8:12pm On May 05, 2010
A few pointers to help some of the discussion of this topic.

A natural inclination as human beings is to be selfish i.e. to sin; thus human beings are generally sinners. To enter into God's kingdom we need to be "righteous"; however, Jesus in whom we believe as Christians made it clear that we can not meet the standard of righteousness required on our own. This is the point of saying 'unless your righteousness exceeds that of the pharisees, you cannot see the kingdom of God' since none of us can outdo the pharisees in apparent righteousness. Critically, in any event, the Bible says all our righteousness is as filthy rags before God.

The only hope, the only standard of righteousness acceptable is that of God Himself. That standard was given to us free through Jesus Christ. That is the only way that our righteousness can exceed that of the pharisees; that is the only way that our righteousness will not be as filthy rags.

Now when we become Christians we become vicariously righteous and saved from the sin that would have seen us falling short of God's kingdom. That is "sin" in one sense; in that sense we have been freed from sin and we become saints. In that sense we are no longer sinners.

However, apart from that we still have every day shortcomings; in fact I dare to say that most of us have committed one sin or other through our actions/posts on this forum today alone!!! Are we now going to miss out on the kingdom of God because of each and every single shortcoming? The answer to that is no --- and the Bible does instruct us to ask for forgiveness and if we ask with genuine remorse we shall receive forgiveness. Now in this sense of sin, inasmuch as we commit every day sins we are still sinners and can be called sinners.

So, in summary what we need is balance; this is why some people will say Christians are sinners saved by grace (though the WoFers criticise this).

Anyway this is the balance that is taught by Scripture. You will find scriptures saying "you are no longer sinners"; you will also find scripture saying "you sinners" or "if we say we have no sin" there is no truth in us".

One more important point: as Christians the Bible wants us to have the mentality that we are no longer slaves of sin; that we have the power, for the most part, not to sin. Again the passages teaching this are often overstretched by those saying "we are not sinners". It is true the passages want you to say "we are not sinners" but the real meaning is "we are no longer people who should be slaves of sin; we have been given the power to avoid sinning; let us try and use that power by living according to the Spirit"

See for example Romans 6

In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. 12Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. 13Do not offer the parts of your body to sin, as instruments of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer the parts of your body to him as instruments of righteousness. 14For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace.
(NIV)

Here is that verse 11 in NKJV

Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Another way in which this instruction is expressed is that one should "crucify his flesh" and therefore to live by the Spirit. In other words try and repress your instinct to sin (flesh) and try to live by the power not to sin (the Spirit); the truth though is that we all quite often fall short.
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by Gunnaz007: 12:24am On May 06, 2010
@Enigma,However, apart from that we still have every day shortcomings; in fact I dare to say that most of us have committed one sin or other through our actions/posts on this forum today alone!!! Are we now going to miss out on the kingdom of God because of each and every single shortcoming sin? The answer to that is no --- and the Bible does instruct us to ask for forgiveness and if we ask with genuine remorse we shall receive forgiveness. Now in this sense of sin, inasmuch as we commit every day sins we are still sinners and can be called sinners.

^^^ Did you care to read your "scholarly" write-up b4 making your post? So what have you ended up with in your above sermon? You are only rigmaroling bros!!! You have from the bolded statement above, accepted the fact that a Christian is not a sinner even though he sins. Your conclusion above is just an arrogant way of maintaining the position you have held on this subject-matter, but the word is clear on this!!!

The truth is that some of us are yet to understand spiritual nomenclature, else, a supposed born-again Christian that commits a sin at a particular time, wud not call himself a "sinner" after he had nailed the "sinner" to the cross with Christ Jesus and buried same, when he gave his life to Christ, and received the gift of righteousness, and given an eternal Advocate with God, the Father!!!

One important thing we ought to know is that sin is not ONLY about the "thou shalt not. . ." that we know of in the bible, the sin which will be a shock to many is contained in ROMANS 14:22-23,

22 Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.
23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is SIN.

So you see, from the above scripture, faithlessness is also a SIN, and the word also let's us know that "without faith it is impossible to please God." Can you then say that because you were without faith at a time in your Christian walk, you became a sinner? ehehehe, ". . . Happy is he that condemeth not himself in that thing which he alloweth" Romans14:22

The redemptive work of Christ Jesus is called to question when you call someone (or even yourself) that He has justified and made righteous with God a "sinner" because he commited a sin. Because God Himself had designed it that after receiving the Lord Jesus Christ into your life, you still had to walk through His Word to overcome the lure of sin and win the race. This is why we have been admonished in the scriptures to "fight the good fight of faith" and remember, "faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God",,,, and to "work out our own salvation", even after receiving Christ Jesus into our lives.

I make bold to say that by teaching on the concept of sin, Pastor Chris was very correct in his conclusions about who a "sinner" is and he was not in any way encouraging his flock to sin, he only enlightened them to be loose from the bondage of sin-conciousness and to grow with the Word of God and become spiritual giants!!!

Now, @ Enigma, can you expaciate on 1John1:7 which reads thus;

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

Thank you!
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by smithereen: 7:43am On May 06, 2010
Pastor Chris will always preach what makes it easier for more flock to interact with his Church.

I heard him on TV a few nights ago (in a Cowboy outfit), advising people not to attend (small) neighbourhood Churches. His reason was that, afterall, when we wanted to attend the University, we did not look for a "(small) neighbourhood University".

I'm sure that kind of dubious manipulative talk makes sense to a lot of people, otherwise he wouldn't be in business.

These guys, are just out marketing, and they don't care if the economy (productivity per capita, accountability, intellect) is destroyed in the process.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Different Kinds Of People You Will Meet In Nigerian Churches (Meme Collection) / Dunamis Church Is Constructing New Road In Faggae, Kano (Photos) / Young Man Who Imitates David Oyedepo So Well At Shiloh 2016 (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.