Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,548 members, 7,809,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

Mobile Phone: Things You Must Remember Always - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mobile Phone: Things You Must Remember Always (17590 Views)

Remember These Nokia Phones? / Remember This Recharge Card / Sony Ericsson P990i: How Many Of You Remember This Powerful Phone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mobile Phone: Things You Must Remember Always by Enskynelson(m): 3:59pm On Mar 15, 2018
How would you feel if your mobile phone just got snatched or just fell in hot water? As a user of mobile phones, ask yourself these questions: what will I miss most if my phone gets lost; what sensitive information is supposed to be private that are saved on my phone and the implication of such information being made public; what will happen to contacts on my phone if anything should happen to my phone right now? These and lots more are questions we need to keep on our mind daily as we use our phones. At any point in time, something could make us lose our mobile phone – accidents, thieves, hazards, spoilage etc. What matters then will be if you have always asked yourself the above questions.

#1 Regular Backup: Whether cloud storage or external storage, always remember to backup your phone in case of eventualities for it is when we have lost our phone that we often realize the important information we have lost. Backup important files in case it is lost. Don’t forget to also do SIM backup. This will help you retrieve all contacts saved unto your SIM Card(s).

#2 Be wise, think security: In all you do with your mobile phone, be conscious of security. Be careful of how you save contacts, the videos you store, the private chats and notes you often make with your phone, the voice recorded etc. Be always conscious because anything could happen to your phone anytime. Is your BVN stored on your mobile phone, what about your credit card details and those explicit pictures you took while in the bathroom? Remember, once your phone is stolen, all in it become unsafe.

#3 Your phone IMEI: Would you want to ‘fry’ your phone after it is stolen and render it useless forever? Do you want your phone tracked for possible retrieval? These and some other important steps can be taken if only you have your IMEI or other apps installed on your phone. But how many of us have our IMEI stored safely anywhere?

#4 Proper SIM Card Registration: One other thing that could make you cry when you lose your phone is your SIM Card(s). If your SIMs are not properly registered, retrieving your line may be impossible. How would you feel right now if you lose your phone and can't retrieve your SIM forever too? Think about this always.

Conclusion

When we lose our phones, we cry not just because of the cost of getting another one but because then we realize the invaluable information we have stored in our phones without backups and without security-consciousness. Now that you still have your phone with you, please take your time to review the content of your phone and do proper backup of your phone to avoid stories that touch for what make people cry uncontrollably when their phone is lost is beyond just the money of buying another phone. Think safety, think ahead!

https://manaija.com/mobile-phone-things-you-must-remember-always/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mobile Phone: Things You Must Remember Always by miracool946: 5:05pm On Mar 15, 2018
FTC

I dedicate this to all the jobless graduates on NL. I pray d Almighty provide us with beffiting job so as not to celebrate useless things like FTC. Amen.
meanwhile checkout my latest cartoon.

12 Likes

Re: Mobile Phone: Things You Must Remember Always by jamael(m): 5:05pm On Mar 15, 2018
Also, don't flaunt your "costly" phones especially in unfamiliar places. If possible, carry the less expensive ones.

It will save you unnecessary attention.

Before some group of rough-looking boys will be like

Bros, make I check whether that your iPhone 6 they use Android OS.

Just kukuma kiss your phone goodbye.

You'll be like

17 Likes

Re: Mobile Phone: Things You Must Remember Always by tecnolad(m): 5:05pm On Mar 15, 2018
Some people still think writing down their Infinix or Tecno devices IMEI will help them destroy the phone when it gets lost. I shake my head and laugh in whatever language Martians speak.

7 Likes

Re: Mobile Phone: Things You Must Remember Always by thankfulsoul: 5:06pm On Mar 15, 2018
Ok
Re: Mobile Phone: Things You Must Remember Always by Lincoln275(m): 5:06pm On Mar 15, 2018
OK, thank you
Re: Mobile Phone: Things You Must Remember Always by amiibaby(f): 5:06pm On Mar 15, 2018
hmmm
Re: Mobile Phone: Things You Must Remember Always by Alexchubee(m): 5:06pm On Mar 15, 2018
smiley
Re: Mobile Phone: Things You Must Remember Always by daneni1(m): 5:06pm On Mar 15, 2018
ekiyor3:
okay
smokedfish:
Hdj
Alexchubee:
smiley
amiibaby:
hmmm
Lincoln275:
OK, thank you
tecnolad:
Some people still think writing down their Infinix or Tecno devices IMEI will help them destroy the phone when it gets lost. I shake my head and laugh in whatever language Martians speak.
jamael:
kk
miracool946:
d
"Ol

Choi, the struggle for FTC is real.

Back to the topic, OP u are so right. I remembered wen I lost my phone last year. Nothing pain me pass all d pics and doc I have on dat phone.

1 Like

Re: Mobile Phone: Things You Must Remember Always by ekiyor3: 5:07pm On Mar 15, 2018
okay

1 Like

Re: Mobile Phone: Things You Must Remember Always by Nobody: 5:07pm On Mar 15, 2018
My phone is the most secure mobile, for start, developers aren't interested in it....
Re: Mobile Phone: Things You Must Remember Always by tecnolad(m): 5:09pm On Mar 15, 2018
Aguia:
My phone is the most secure mobile, for start, developers aren't interested in it....

Let me guess; you use Gionee?
Re: Mobile Phone: Things You Must Remember Always by joystickextend1(m): 5:09pm On Mar 15, 2018
noted#

Meanwhile guy's check out my profile for your extender products and other adult fantasy toys
Re: Mobile Phone: Things You Must Remember Always by limitless777(m): 5:09pm On Mar 15, 2018
GREAT write-up bro. Loosing a phone at times could be likened to loosing a life. This INFO WILL surely help.

PEACE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mobile Phone: Things You Must Remember Always by Nobody: 5:10pm On Mar 15, 2018
tecnolad:

Let me guess; you use Gionee?

Nope, that's how secure it is. It doesn't even make your first guess...

3 Likes

Re: Mobile Phone: Things You Must Remember Always by bettercreature(m): 5:14pm On Mar 15, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Mobile Phone: Things You Must Remember Always by emmxzy(m): 5:16pm On Mar 15, 2018
this info realy help me right nw thanks

1 Like

Re: Mobile Phone: Things You Must Remember Always by Homeboiy: 5:30pm On Mar 15, 2018
Op your number 3 is inconsequential

I can change the IMEI of an Android phone in 5 minutes and u can't track it again

2 Likes

Re: Mobile Phone: Things You Must Remember Always by durasome(m): 5:37pm On Mar 15, 2018
daneni1:
"Ol

Choi, the struggle for FTC is real.

Back to the topic, OP u are so right. I remembered wen I lost my phone last year. Nothing pain me pass all d pics and doc I have on dat phone.
.You don't have to worry again about your pics because almost every Android phone has this Google drive storage that allows you backup your photos,videos and plenty other things in your Phone automatically.All you need do is just to have a Gmail account,and you are good to go.Always keep your data on.Since I discovered this, I don't worry especially about my photos Incase of my phone lost or damage,whenever I get a new phone,i login to my Gmail account with my new phone,then my old pictures from my old phone comes back effortlessly.

1 Like

Re: Mobile Phone: Things You Must Remember Always by Nobody: 5:45pm On Mar 15, 2018
No info on my phone, u can come have it.
Re: Mobile Phone: Things You Must Remember Always by Enskynelson(m): 5:51pm On Mar 15, 2018
dancok:
No info on my phone, u can come have it.
Yea, you have learned.
Re: Mobile Phone: Things You Must Remember Always by Nobody: 5:58pm On Mar 15, 2018
Enskynelson:
Yea, you have learned.
yea yea yea
Re: Mobile Phone: Things You Must Remember Always by Enmas078(m): 7:12pm On Mar 15, 2018
We dat ade using Nokia torchlight?... Especially to comment on Nairaland...
Re: Mobile Phone: Things You Must Remember Always by PearlFFS(f): 7:34pm On Mar 15, 2018
Thanks for the enlightenment.

1 Like

Re: Mobile Phone: Things You Must Remember Always by Achillesdam500(m): 9:57pm On Mar 15, 2018
miracool946:
FTC

I dedicate this to all the jobless graduates on NL. I pray d Almighty provide us with beffiting job so as not to celebrate useless things like FTC. Amen.
E loud..some people dey celebrate am as If say dem land major endorsement grin
Re: Mobile Phone: Things You Must Remember Always by Celsony: 12:04am On Mar 16, 2018
miracool946:
FTC

Nice cartoons. Ho do you make them pls?
Re: Mobile Phone: Things You Must Remember Always by jobbers: 1:53am On Mar 16, 2018
oh

1 Like

Re: Mobile Phone: Things You Must Remember Always by Annibel(f): 2:18am On Mar 16, 2018
smiley
Re: Mobile Phone: Things You Must Remember Always by Nobody: 8:33am On Mar 16, 2018
Aguia:

Nope, that's how secure it is. It doesn't even make your first guess...
na BB o jare tongue
Re: Mobile Phone: Things You Must Remember Always by miracool946: 9:25am On Mar 16, 2018
Celsony:

Nice cartoons. Ho do you make them pls?
I use coreldraw
Re: Mobile Phone: Things You Must Remember Always by Celsony: 10:52am On Mar 16, 2018
miracool946:

I use coreldraw

WOw! They are lovely...

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Samsung A30 Just Arrived / Android Application That Will Change Your Voice / Sandisk Launches N130,000 "512 GB Memory Card,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.