Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,989 members, 7,806,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience (7896 Views)

Which Federal Government Parastatal Pays Well / Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? / Top Ten Less Stressful Jobs That Pays Well (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by Nobody: 12:27am On Mar 16, 2018
Taking a job just for the money might seem like a reasonable thing to do, but that does not mean it’s a good idea especially if your career is just kicking off. It’s advisable that at this point in your career, your focus shouldn’t be on accumulating immense wealth, instead, it should be on how you can gain the necessary experience that will enable you become the best in whatever you do.

This is because, having lots of training and experience in whatever career you choose does not only equip you with the essential skills and knowledge that’s required to propel you to the next level, it also makes you a valuable asset rather than a liability for the organization you will work for.

Though there are exceptions to this, like when the responsibilities in your hands are much and will require finance for them to be taken care of, then by all means, go for a job that pays more. But if that’s not the case, then you should go for a job that will enable you attain experience in whatever career you have chosen.

The money will come later and in greater amount than when you have not gained any experience because, people or organizations usually want the best of the best and will be willing to pay more for your services if you are an expert with lots of experience in your field.

Source: http://werealm.com/a-job-that-pays-well-or-a-job-that-offers-experience/

3 Likes

Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by wwwtortoise(m): 7:28am On Mar 16, 2018
Experience comes with job satisfaction.

Money precedes both unless you are not in the sh!thole.

10 Likes

Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by Yewandequeen(f): 7:28am On Mar 16, 2018
For me I would say going for the experience is better. When you have good no of yrs of experience n become an expertise in your field the money you think is good pay now would be nothing compared to what you will worth and earn by then.

3 Likes

Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by danchuzzy(m): 7:28am On Mar 16, 2018
Since you are starting out (entry level) go for experience...
If you have some experience already; make some money with the experience you have.

The money is 'exhaustive' . The experience is 'not exhsustive'.

Right now, I'd 'kill' for a job that offers experience...

3 Likes

Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by satowind(m): 7:29am On Mar 16, 2018
A job that offer both

4 Likes

Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by DrHighchief(m): 7:29am On Mar 16, 2018
Both...

1 Like

Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by Tybabe0001(m): 7:29am On Mar 16, 2018
Hmmmmm

1 Like

Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by LesbianBoy(m): 7:30am On Mar 16, 2018
Which yeye experience angry

32 Likes

Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by daejavuu: 7:30am On Mar 16, 2018
DominusBen:
Taking a job just for the money might seem like a reasonable thing to do, but that does not mean it’s a good idea especially if your career is just kicking off. It’s advisable that at this point in your career, your focus shouldn’t be on accumulating immense wealth, instead, it should be on how you can gain the necessary experience that will enable you become the best in whatever you do.

This is because, having lots of training and experience in whatever career you choose does not only equip you with the essential skills and knowledge that’s required to propel you to the next level, it also makes you a valuable asset rather than a liability for the organization you will work for.

Though there are exceptions to this, like when the responsibilities in your hands are much and will require finance for them to be taken care of, then by all means, go for a job that pays more. But if that’s not the case, then you should go for a job that will enable you attain experience in whatever career you have chosen.

The money will come later and in greater amount than when you have not gained any experience because, people or organizations usually want the best of the best and will be willing to pay more for your services if you are an expert with lots of experience in your field.

Source: http://werealm.com/a-job-that-pays-well-or-a-job-that-offers-experience/
Very true
Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by twinskenny(m): 7:30am On Mar 16, 2018
Hmmm I was faced with this decision some years back.. Thank God I make the right decision then..
Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by Badge1: 7:30am On Mar 16, 2018
I need an example of a job that pays well without offering experience

41 Likes

Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by mzangy: 7:31am On Mar 16, 2018
twinskenny:
Hmmm I was faced with this decision some years back.. Thank God I make the right decision then..

What was the decision?

3 Likes

Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by DWJOBScom(m): 7:32am On Mar 16, 2018
Pays well o

There are lots of online learning tools and you can also collaborate

1 Like

Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by princeadams11: 7:32am On Mar 16, 2018
wwwtortoise:
angry
Your point on gaining experience in what ever form of job you do is valid and accepted. However, in the society we find ourselves, you just don't need the experience alone, you also need cash to take care of your needs and in detention the needs of your loved ones. Well, I think you should go for the job that pays better, though it depends on the condition of the jobs. If it on a permanent or temporary basis and if it is a federal or private sector job.

3 Likes

Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by Nobody: 7:32am On Mar 16, 2018
Badge1:
I need an example of a job that pays well without offering experience

angry

☣ ☠

This question answers the question?

Even Kidnapping and armed robbery give experience

☣ ☠

2 Likes

Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by Olasco93: 7:33am On Mar 16, 2018
In Nigeria, go for a job that pays well so that you don't start carrying brown envelop up and down again....
In Abroad go for a job that offers experience because experience equates more money/offer there.
#I Miss Abroad!

4 Likes

Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by Nobody: 7:36am On Mar 16, 2018
The jobs that give massive experience pays well.

Top notch oil & gas/banks/telecoms/etc...

If you happen to be in a regular sme, pls bargain for a good pay and do the trainings and courses yourself.

If the company can afford to give you massive experience why cant it pay you or dont they get paid for the "mastered experience" it is said to have and willing to teach you?

Dont be deceived by the CEO's playing the guilty and sympathy card on you while they drive into the coy with 2018 gclass. If you see where top managers fight for their salary before surbodinates, you would hava a change of mind.

4 Likes

Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by ayookunlee: 7:36am On Mar 16, 2018
depends on the situation, for me now, I Will go with experience
Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by Neochemist: 7:37am On Mar 16, 2018
Is there a job that doesn't offer experience?

2 Likes

Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by Wonderz1: 7:37am On Mar 16, 2018
I Go For The Money And The Experience. But As Usual Money First
Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by twinskenny(m): 7:39am On Mar 16, 2018
mzangy:

What was the decision?

Got a job of 200k to just to monitor an hotel network system.. the Got another one 110k this was my field with a lot more to learn.. I choose the 110k bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by twinskenny(m): 7:39am On Mar 16, 2018
Neochemist:
Is there a job that doesn't offer experience?
yes
Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by IForgotMyLoginD(f): 7:40am On Mar 16, 2018
In this time and age, PLEASE go for a job that pays well. Cos that Job is run by business people. So they are not doing charity. For them to PAY WELL means, you have some RESPONSIBILITIES they know you can do well.

Every Job comes with Experience. And if you want to be better at your chosen field, there are thousands of professional trainings that you can learn more skills from.

By all means, acquire as many skills as you can. Organizations go for more skilled workers.

So chose your high paying job, learn the ropes and be the best. If it’s a different career from what you have passion for, then you shouldn’t be applying for it in the first place if you are torn about what choice to make. EXCEPT the job offer just landed on your laps, and you didn’t apply for it, then by all means, go for the one you are passionate about.

Those who follow their passion do so from the onset OR after they have saved enough (from the job that pays more), and have done background work related to their passion (on the side, and are ready to jump full fledge in the passion path).

6 Likes

Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by Hofbrauhaus(m): 7:41am On Mar 16, 2018
Experience for what?
Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by Nobody: 7:41am On Mar 16, 2018
Meanwhile happy birthday to Maxwell767

But why would a moderator ban him on his birthday because he posted it on Nairaland

@Seun ur moderators are something else

1 Like

Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by LUGBE: 7:41am On Mar 16, 2018
Which experience, those days i was in the field of HR, i advised a co-worker who got offer of #2.4m including other incentives to other office given him 1.2m and promising him trainings that will not come to past. That is ICT sector.

You can imagine him asking me which offer he will settle for,so annoying.

2 Likes

Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by Gepheral: 7:42am On Mar 16, 2018
Maybe the one with high pay demands alot from you and hence your peeping of the lower option
Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by Neochemist: 7:42am On Mar 16, 2018
twinskenny:
yes
Beg to differ. All jobs offer experience but not all experiences are relevant

3 Likes

Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by jashar(f): 7:42am On Mar 16, 2018
In Nigeria, answering that question is tricky. I went for experience but I have my doubts about the choice...
Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by Gkay1(m): 7:45am On Mar 16, 2018
money is very important, no money no power.
Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by Nobody: 7:46am On Mar 16, 2018
Hmmn

Until faced with options, I can't say which I'd go for.

It will depend on the Jobs and what you mean by "experience".
Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by micgray100(m): 7:52am On Mar 16, 2018
Example of jobs with good pay without experience is Federal Civil Service.. You just go to work to gist with colleagues and read newspapers and go home by 12noon.. Notin learnt.. At the end of the month, salary enters...

No self development..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oil And Gas Training In Port Harcourt. Postponed!!!! / Nig Breweries Management Trainees Info??? / Faststream UK recruits Maintenance Electrical Supervisor in Nigeria- oil and Gas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.