Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,581 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

Lagos, Kaduna, Edo Top List Of Foreign Debtors - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lagos, Kaduna, Edo Top List Of Foreign Debtors (9868 Views)

First Bank Debtors. Starcomms Owing N40b / Forbes 2019: Dangote, Mike Adenuga Top List Of Africa Billionaires (full List) / Lagos, Kaduna, Edo Most Indebted States In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos, Kaduna, Edo Top List Of Foreign Debtors by Nobody: 12:20pm On Mar 16, 2018
ADAMS OSHIOM"OLE" IS DEFINETELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE BULK OF EDO STATE DEBT.
THIS INCLUDE ABOUT $70MLN LOAN HE COLLECTED FOR WATER PROJECT LESS THAN 3MTHS BEFORE LEAVING OFFICE.
I AM NOT SURPRISE MOST OF THE TOP 5 INDEBTED STATES ARE APC CONTROLLED - IT'S THEIR TRADEMARK.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Kaduna, Edo Top List Of Foreign Debtors by DeRay98(m): 12:38pm On Mar 16, 2018
Mazeltovscotty:

it is too early to jump start a lovely day like this with.... - stooping so low to conversing with a simpleton of the highest genus. It's simply disparaging and an insult to the sensibility of economists in this forum. Notwithstanding, my point is.... I am not comparing America with Nigeria, I'm only trying to enlighten simple-minded people like you - that being indebted is not a negative economic pointer, neither is it positive; but we have so many advanced economies like America whose debt profile is as huge as their economy, yet yeilding fruitful economic returns. Like I said, only people who are well rooted in economic and financial activities will understand this.

They are too ignorant and illiterate to understand such levels of economics. That's why anybody can stir them up easily by such post without enlisting the projects and developmental purposes that these debt are meant for.
They'll attack and castigate you.
Re: Lagos, Kaduna, Edo Top List Of Foreign Debtors by lastempero: 12:40pm On Mar 16, 2018
Mazeltovscotty:

it is too early to jump start a lovely day like this with.... - stooping so low to conversing with a simpleton of the highest genus. It's simply disparaging and an insult to the sensibility of economists in this forum. Notwithstanding, my point is.... I am not comparing America with Nigeria, I'm only trying to enlighten simple-minded people like you - that being indebted is not a negative economic pointer, neither is it positive; but we have so many advanced economies like America whose debt profile is as huge as their economy, yet yeilding fruitful economic returns. Like I said, only people who are well rooted in economic and financial activities will understand this.

We all agree with u on your statistics but the problem here is that unlike the US that borrows to improve their well being on the side of Nigeria their is no impact on the economy or infrastructure.
Re: Lagos, Kaduna, Edo Top List Of Foreign Debtors by Nobody: 1:36pm On Mar 16, 2018
sorry1:
Afonjas and borrow pose are like water and akara angry
do you know how much america is owning china ?
Re: Lagos, Kaduna, Edo Top List Of Foreign Debtors by ariesbull: 1:44pm On Mar 16, 2018
Igbos are trying Sha....if biafra was a country their currency would have made sense when you consider their frugality in spending
Re: Lagos, Kaduna, Edo Top List Of Foreign Debtors by Nobody: 2:12pm On Mar 16, 2018
Neminc:

http://punchng.com/lagos-kaduna-edo-top-list-of-foreign-debtors/
why was Anambra not mentioned? are they not owing too?
Re: Lagos, Kaduna, Edo Top List Of Foreign Debtors by Nobody: 2:12pm On Mar 16, 2018
Neminc:

http://punchng.com/lagos-kaduna-edo-top-list-of-foreign-debtors/
why was Anambra not mentioned? are they not owing too?
Re: Lagos, Kaduna, Edo Top List Of Foreign Debtors by Chukazu: 3:21pm On Mar 16, 2018
Mazeltovscotty:
American debt profile is as big as its econony.
Only a few people with basic economic and financial knowledge would understand this.

Hmm
Re: Lagos, Kaduna, Edo Top List Of Foreign Debtors by Chukazu: 3:26pm On Mar 16, 2018
Mazeltovscotty:
Only a few people with basic economic and financial knowledge would understand this.

How do we make up this assumptions?

The reason American can owe such and still remain solvent is the capacity of the economy to generate wealth.

Secondly , the US dollar is world's] legal tender, that means that America can print dollar to pay it debt anywhere in the world ,so in essence America is owin nothing... , but Nigeria government can not print Nigerian local currency,the Naira to pay it debt around the globe , nobody knows your Naira . paying your debt means you have to source for Dollar to do so cool

So you guys should come try to come up with another logic why APC should mortgage your future with debt sad
Re: Lagos, Kaduna, Edo Top List Of Foreign Debtors by Mazeltovscotty(m): 4:22pm On Mar 16, 2018
Chukazu:

How do we make up this assumptions?

The reason American can owe such and still remain solvent is the capacity of the economy to generate wealth.

Secondly , the US dollar is world's] legal tender, that means that America can print dollar to pay it debt anywhere in the world ,so in essence America is owin nothing... , but Nigeria government can not print Nigerian local currency,the Naira to pay it debt around the globe , nobody knows your Naira . paying your debt means you have to source for Dollar to do so cool

So you guys should come try to come up with another logic why APC should mortgage your future with debt sad
it was not an assumption but bold fact. As well, your writeup shows that you have little or no knowledge about world economies (pls take no offence). Economic viability is one thing while being debted is another thing. There are so many debt free states that are not economically viable unless you want to prove otherwise.
Secondly, it is a poor economic thinking to have thought that America can print its own dollars to pay off its external debt. If you were the president of Nigeria, would you order CBN governor to print more naira to pay off you internal debt?
Re: Lagos, Kaduna, Edo Top List Of Foreign Debtors by NairaMaster1(m): 4:36pm On Mar 16, 2018
Mazeltovscotty:

So, Nigeria is like America? I weep for most Nigerians.
Re: Lagos, Kaduna, Edo Top List Of Foreign Debtors by Chukazu: 5:06pm On Mar 16, 2018
Mazeltovscotty:

it was not an assumption but bold fact. As well, your writeup shows that you have little or no knowledge about world economies (pls take no offence). Economic viability is one thing while being debted is another thing. There are so many debt free states that are not economically viable unless you want to prove otherwise.
Secondly, it is a poor economic thinking to have thought that America can print its own dollars to pay off its external debt. If you were the president of Nigeria, would you order CBN governor to print more naira to pay off you internal debt?

You compare a "third world country" Nigeria that borrows to consume , with US world leading Economy of US that borrows to invest? ...are you not hallucinating?

If America converts as many dollar to bonds are they not printing currency to pay debt? What else is that?

You go and use your worthless Naira to pay foreign debt
Re: Lagos, Kaduna, Edo Top List Of Foreign Debtors by Mazeltovscotty(m): 6:28pm On Mar 16, 2018
Chukazu:

You compare a "third world country" Nigeria that borrows to consume , with US world leading Economy of US that borrows to invest? ...are you not hallucinating?

If America converts as many dollar to bonds are they not printing currency to pay debt? What else is that?

You go and use your worthless Naira to pay foreign debt
you are agglomerting series of economic faux pax.
Bond is a financial indtrument used by the government through its Apex financial institution to control the money in circulation internally. Although there are other uses of bonds but have you seen any sane country using bond to pay external debt?
We are talking about the necessities of borrowing as a nation not payment of debt. That is why I said many nairalanders lack the basic understanding of economic management. No Nation on earth specially PRINT more money to pay its external debt. Definitely if you become the president of a nation you will surely plunder your country into economic woes. You cnt make a good economic manager.
Re: Lagos, Kaduna, Edo Top List Of Foreign Debtors by Chukazu: 6:57pm On Mar 16, 2018
Mazeltovscotty:

you are agglomerting series of economic faux pax.
Bond is a financial indtrument used by the government through its Apex financial institution to control the money in circulation internally. Although there are other uses of bonds but have you seen any sane country using bond to pay external debt?
We are talking about the necessities of borrowing as a nation not payment of debt. That is why I said many nairalanders lack the basic understanding of economic management. No Nation on earth specially PRINT more money to pay its external debt. Definitely if you become the president of a nation you will surely plunder your country into economic woes. You cnt make a good economic manager.

Obviously you Know nothing about Bond.

Control of money in circulation is the least purpose for issuance of bond

I suppose it's been long you Left school...
Re: Lagos, Kaduna, Edo Top List Of Foreign Debtors by Mazeltovscotty(m): 9:28pm On Mar 16, 2018
Chukazu:

i suppose you didn't see where I said 'although there are other uses of bonds'. And prove me wrong if some financial instruments like bonds and T.bills cnt be devised as inflationary tools.
Re: Lagos, Kaduna, Edo Top List Of Foreign Debtors by Mazeltovscotty(m): 9:32pm On Mar 16, 2018
Chukazu:

i suppose you didn't see where I said 'although there are other uses of bonds'. And prove me wrong if some financial instruments like bonds and T.bills cnt be devised as inflationary tools. If you need my tutor on Bonds, dnt hesitate to let me knw
Re: Lagos, Kaduna, Edo Top List Of Foreign Debtors by judondasylva(m): 7:53am On Mar 17, 2018
You all are shouting about only Lagos state debt profile but fail to notice that Nigeria is indebted to the tune of $14b and everyone is OK with that. for just 3years Buhari borrowed $14b with out anything to show for it. And some people will come here and tell me to pray for Nigeria that it will get better under this kind of leaders? I'm not stupid and I can't be.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Of The Nigeria Cards Have You Used Successfully Abroad? (URGENT)! / Yusuf Adeiza Kabiru Is A Serial Scam Artist / Computer Business Centre Owners/intending Owners, This Is For You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.