Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,798 members, 7,806,207 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:06 PM

How To Stop Bed Wetting In Adults! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Stop Bed Wetting In Adults! (25452 Views)

At 29, She's Still Bed Wetting Please Help Her!!!!! / Common Habits That Cause Infertility In Adults / My Girlfriend Urinates On My Bed Every Night (bed Wetting): Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Stop Bed Wetting In Adults! by AwojobiA: 7:14pm On May 01, 2010
Believe it or not, this is an embarrassing ailment that is affecting a lot of adults - male and female - and increasing by the day! A lot of victims keep it secret and try to manage it in many funny ways, but read how to effectively stop this problem here - http://www.bedwettingtreatments.info
Re: How To Stop Bed Wetting In Adults! by onecolumn: 11:01pm On May 01, 2010
Thanks, the resource site is very informative indeed and should help a lot of sufferers out there! [/b]This is really a serious psychological problem, perhaps more serious than people imagine. It caused the divorce of a couple I know after the husband discovered that his wife bed wets 8 years after their wedding. To keep her secret, the wife never slept in the same room with her husband right from day one of their marriage. However, the cat was let out of the bag when their children spent their holidays outside home with their aunt and the husband seized the opportunity to sleep beside the wife (in the absence of their 2 kids) in the wife's room and [b]you can guess what happened!

But help is now assured!
Re: How To Stop Bed Wetting In Adults! by LindsayJo: 5:04am On May 02, 2010
Interesting!
Re: How To Stop Bed Wetting In Adults! by JustdoIt1: 5:25pm On May 02, 2010
Ha, wonders will never end o!
Re: How To Stop Bed Wetting In Adults! by bgees(m): 2:30am On May 03, 2010
Awojobi A:

Believe it or not, this is an embarrassing ailment that is affecting a lot of adults - male and female - and increasing by the day! A lot of victims keep it secret and try to manage it in many funny ways, but read how to effectively stop this problem here - http://www.bedwettingtreatments.info

STOP IT!!
Its not 'increasing everydayt'
Re: How To Stop Bed Wetting In Adults! by Dxxyabdc66: 4:34pm On May 03, 2010
I don't believe it that an adult can bed wet. Or, can this be true or simply some sort of fabu?!
Re: How To Stop Bed Wetting In Adults! by Lawrenceuche: 4:48pm On May 03, 2010
It's becos some of our adult dreams when dey are urinating in the dream dat can cause bed wet.

Re: How To Stop Bed Wetting In Adults! by Sissy3(f): 1:31am On May 05, 2010
Dxxyabdc66:

I don't believe it that an adult can bed wet. Or, can this be true or simply some sort of fabu?!

believe it. some adults have nocturnal enuresis often due to medical problems/medications
Re: How To Stop Bed Wetting In Adults! by jokejumoke: 5:25pm On May 05, 2010
This can truly be very, very embarrassing! A room mate of mine (name withheld) used to bedwet and this was unknown to all of us in the room until the 2nd semester. She had some funny behaviour that we didn't quite understand, e.g she was always the 1st to sleep in the room; the 1st to wake up and she was always washing her bedsheets almost everyday! As usual, after washing her sheets very early (usually like 5.ooam), she left for lectures (at 6.00am, even when lectures starts at 8/9.00am). Later, someone was looking for something and crawled under her bed only to cover her nose! She had upturned her bed so that the wet patch would not show! A 22 yr old or thereabout at that time!
Most bedwetters are loners, unhappy and the girl above (as I learnt) is still unmarried now!
Re: How To Stop Bed Wetting In Adults! by Sissy3(f): 6:42pm On May 05, 2010
jokejumoke:

This can truly be very, very embarrassing! A room mate of mine (name withheld) used to bedwet and this was unknown to all of us in the room until the 2nd semester. She had some funny behaviour that we didn't quite understand, e.g she was always the 1st to sleep in the room; the 1st to wake up and she was always washing her bedsheets almost everyday! As usual, after washing her sheets very early (usually like 5.ooam), she left for lectures (at 6.00am, even when lectures starts at 8/9.00am). Later, someone was looking for something and crawled under her bed only to cover her nose! She had upturned her bed so that the wet patch would not show! A 22 yr old or thereabout at that time!
Most bedwetters are loners, unhappy and the girl above (as I learnt) is still unmarried now!

spare me the BS + BC. whats the correlation there? pls do tell
Re: How To Stop Bed Wetting In Adults! by MalcolmXXX: 10:51pm On May 13, 2010
This is as embarrassing a problem as much as the guy with the stammering problem. Or, perhaps we should take a vox populi to determine which one is worse between Bed Wetting and Stammering?
Re: How To Stop Bed Wetting In Adults! by jokejumoke: 11:33pm On May 18, 2010
I was once told by a doctor friend of mine that sedatives (as prescribed by a physician) can help to cure this problem over a long term. According to him, sedatives have water retention capacity hence they are able to help suspend or hold urination for a long time.
Re: How To Stop Bed Wetting In Adults! by Sissy3(f): 2:34am On May 21, 2010
jokejumoke:

I was once told by a doctor friend of mine that sedatives (as prescribed by a physician) can help to cure this problem over a long term. According to him, sedatives have water retention capacity hence they are able to help suspend or hold urination for a long time.

but you havent shown the correlation between this

Re: How To Stop Bed Wetting In Adults! by angeloxxx: 10:04pm On May 21, 2010
Really this is an embarrassing situation affecting a few people. As emphasised in the site, a cocktail of some antibiotics as prescribed by a qualified physician will gradually eliminate this problem.
Re: How To Stop Bed Wetting In Adults! by SLIGHT(m): 8:32pm On May 23, 2010
Ewwww! Dirty habit. Is it a mental, emotional or psychological prob?
Re: How To Stop Bed Wetting In Adults! by kosalabaro: 1:19am On Jun 05, 2010
I have an aunt that bed wets! Though I've not read the information at the recommended site below, it appears there is no cure for this very embarassing problem. That aunt is still unmarried at 38 and it's because of this problem! Good grief, there is so much trouble in this world of ours!
Re: How To Stop Bed Wetting In Adults! by catdollsz: 12:00am On Jun 09, 2010
This is an unpleasant situation for people afflicted with this problem. Oriade, have you tried the use of sedatives recommended in the site? You can also seek doctor's advice or spiritual help. Stay blessed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Stop Bed Wetting In Adults! by bigshowsz: 10:23pm On Jun 12, 2010
After ereading the articles at the recommended site, I'm now convinced that this embarrassing problem has something to do with kidney size & performance. Sufferers were advised to go for a KPT (Kidney Performance Test)
Re: How To Stop Bed Wetting In Adults! by Nobody: 8:56am On Jun 13, 2010
~Sissy~:

but you havent shown the correlation between this

em. . . most adults that bedwet feel embarrased and shy, guess that makes them lonely. they try to hide their problem from other people

IMHO
Re: How To Stop Bed Wetting In Adults! by edomann: 12:56am On Jun 27, 2010
The provided resource / information site is quite good and sufferers of this distressing problem will immensely benefit. Good work indeed.
Re: How To Stop Bed Wetting In Adults! by nickienails: 9:12am On Aug 21, 2013
SLIGHT: Ewwww! Dirty habit. Is it a mental, emotional or psychological prob?

Just to clarify, adult bedwetting isn't a habit. People do not choose to wet the bed, and habits are generally chosen. It is partly a physical problem, and often there are underlying psychological problems.

Also, to those saying that all bedwetters are loners and can't have a stable relationship, I am the complete opposite of both. I understand that it is a problem I need to fix, and I am working on fixing it, but why would that mean that I forfeit my happiness?
Re: How To Stop Bed Wetting In Adults! by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 02, 2013
Bet it with me, Kegelling is the answer. God created Arnold Kegel and taught him the way to stop bedwetting.
Kegelling is just a way of exercising the muscles around your bladder. Tell anyone with this ailment to KEGEL for just one week--that time too long sef--he will even be the one looking for how to urinate because if he overdo am, e go hard am to even see urine urinate sef. Kegelling is simple, it is just the way u break your urine anytime you dey piiissss e.g (bi eniyan se n da ito mo idi). Take for example, those times wey you young well well, you go want see who, among u and ur mates go preserve im urine make e last past. That way you contrast the muscles around the bladder, that's the way. So, you'll need to do this exercise repeatedly daily for around forty to fifty times. Pls don't overdo it o, else urine go dey hard person piss.
Here is a link about kegelling:
http://www.wikihow.com/Do-Kegel-Exercises
Re: How To Stop Bed Wetting In Adults! by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 02, 2013
nickienails:

Just to clarify, adult bedwetting isn't a habit. People do not choose to wet the bed, and habits are generally chosen. It is partly a physical problem, and often there are underlying psychological problems.

Also, to those saying that all bedwetters are loners and can't have a stable relationship, I am the complete opposite of both. I understand that it is a problem I need to fix, and I am working on fixing it, but why would that mean that I forfeit my happiness?
KEGELLING IS THE ANSWER!!! IT IS REAL!!
Re: How To Stop Bed Wetting In Adults! by sammyv(m): 8:07pm On Oct 24, 2013
jokejumoke: This can truly be very, very embarrassing! A room mate of mine (name withheld) used to bedwet and this was unknown to all of us in the room until the 2nd semester. She had some funny behaviour that we didn't quite understand, e.g she was always the 1st to sleep in the room; the 1st to wake up and she was always washing her bedsheets almost everyday! As usual, after washing her sheets very early (usually like 5.ooam), she left for lectures (at 6.00am, even when lectures starts at 8/9.00am). Later, someone was looking for something and crawled under her bed only to cover her nose! She had upturned her bed so that the wet patch would not show! A 22 yr old or thereabout at that time!
that must b a sad experience 4 dat girl, at least she shuld had found solution 2 it by nw.
Re: How To Stop Bed Wetting In Adults! by jbblues24(m): 1:51am On Jun 02, 2019
The quickest way to a man's heart is with Oga Ade's fist. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Quarantined Chinese In Lagos Airport Free Of Deadly Virus / Top 5 Dental Health Mistakes You Should Stop Now / Diagnostic Centres In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.