Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,503 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:44 PM

Buhari Jittery About Herdsmen But Declared IPOB Terrorists – Soyinka Explode - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Jittery About Herdsmen But Declared IPOB Terrorists – Soyinka Explode (31134 Views)

US Court In District Of Columbia Has Declared IPOB A Terrorist Group / Police Knows The Sponsors Of Herdsmen But Can’t Arrest Them – Former Naval Chief / Fani-kayode Mocks Buhari After US Government Declared IPOB Not Terrorist Organiz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Jittery About Herdsmen But Declared IPOB Terrorists – Soyinka Explode by manny4life(m): 9:27pm On Mar 16, 2018
I have asked this question before and I will continue asking the same question: Did Buhari not make hate speeches prior to becoming president? Didn't Buhari make divisive statements after becoming president? You cannot pull out receipts for IPOB yet the chief terrorist is President of Nigeria.. Shame
Re: Buhari Jittery About Herdsmen But Declared IPOB Terrorists – Soyinka Explode by CioAngels(f): 9:42pm On Mar 16, 2018
GoroTango:
Point of correction esteemed Nobel Laureate, Buhari did not declare IPOB a terrorist organization because he lacks the power to do so. It was a legitimate court of law with legal jurisdiction who did so. IPOB are terrorists.
The legal man said what the fathers. sponsors and backers of the Fulani's herdsmen asked him to say. There are so many people now using other peoples heads to operate.
Re: Buhari Jittery About Herdsmen But Declared IPOB Terrorists – Soyinka Explode by Inspire01: 11:05pm On Mar 16, 2018
Drlouis415:
The guy above me first me comment. i have given up on bn the first....

Anyway sha! This is what happens when the people ruling you did not go to school. Ipod dont have guns or bombs but are terrorists infact they are deemed national threat to this country.

Whereas the people carrying new Ak47 are your friends and people making this country one.

If you talk about them na hate speech.

I swear people that voted PMB are Asernal Fans....
Young man stop associating arsenal with fulani herdsmen. I support u in other areas but leave arsenal out of it. The problem of arsene Wenger is enough 4 us
Re: Buhari Jittery About Herdsmen But Declared IPOB Terrorists – Soyinka Explode by Nobody: 11:23pm On Mar 16, 2018
GoroTango:
Point of correction esteemed Nobel Laureate, Buhari did not declare IPOB a terrorist organization because he lacks the power to do so. It was a legitimate court of law with legal jurisdiction who did so. IPOB are terrorists.
See mumu

Re: Buhari Jittery About Herdsmen But Declared IPOB Terrorists – Soyinka Explode by discusant: 11:28pm On Mar 16, 2018
If one may ask Prof. WS: what is disrupting about IPOB?

IPOB wants Biafra restored from Nigeria.
It doesn't matter if it's All-Igbo Biafra.

If Oil producing areas of the SS region refuse Biafra, they can join Nigeria of the old SW and Northern regions twinned by Islam.
If black man in Nigeria does things the way things are supposed to be done, no one would say IPOB is disruptive.

After all, no country was created to remain indivisible.
Re: Buhari Jittery About Herdsmen But Declared IPOB Terrorists – Soyinka Explode by discusant: 11:43pm On Mar 16, 2018
beejaay:
Anyone still expecting anything from this country is doomed...

They need to be taken to a Mental Health Clinic;

yeah, I mean, those still expecting that one day Nigeria shall function like a normal country to deliver wealth and happiness to majority of Nigerians.
Re: Buhari Jittery About Herdsmen But Declared IPOB Terrorists – Soyinka Explode by IMASTEX: 11:48pm On Mar 16, 2018
beejaay:
Anyone still expecting anything from this country is doomed...
Seconded
Re: Buhari Jittery About Herdsmen But Declared IPOB Terrorists – Soyinka Explode by Kestolovee95(f): 11:51pm On Mar 16, 2018
More power to the Fulani terrorists the brothers of Fulani terrorist Doundou Chefou- the number 1 terrorist in West Africa on US wanted list.

fulanis are rabid terrorists. A DNA specific bioweapon should be created to wipe them off the surface of this earth.
Re: Buhari Jittery About Herdsmen But Declared IPOB Terrorists – Soyinka Explode by 2016v2017: 12:10am On Mar 17, 2018
%
Lajet:
Nobel laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, has lambasted President Muhammadu Buhari for allegedly treating killer herdsmen with kid gloves.

Soyinka, while speaking at the Ripples Nigeria Dialogue in Lagos, on Thursday, charged the president to declare herdsmen terrorists.

“We expect the president to have the courage to declare such monsters as terrorists and enemies of humanity with the same dispatch in which he declared the far less violent, albeit, disruptive IPOB terrorists. We expect a culture of even-handedness”, he said.

“I have always refrained from labelling the herdsmen as Fulani but since they have publicly come out to admit they are responsible for the killings, we can say they are Fulani herdsmen.

“An organisation has been rampaging the nation armed to the teeth and descending on innocent people. Their spokesman appeared on TV, unrepentant, distorting history, calling on a state government to rescind their laws and proceeding to defy such laws.

“They went ahead and threatened continuation of the same acts of degradation. The nation has been placed on the defensive simply because of the failing of governance.

“Have you ever encountered a more cynical rendition of the sequence of events when spokesmen of this same organisation came out to say the killings were taking place because of the laws which was made to stop the killings in the first place?

“I have not heard that the leaders of that group have been summoned the way those who do far less things would have been summoned. Nigeria is not the first country to experience natural disasters but this is not an excuse to take guns to destabilise other peace-loving people in their communities.

“While addressing the victims of the rampage of Fulani herdsmen, the minister of defence asked the victims what they wanted the herdsmen to do when the grazing routes for their cattle were being blocked and that minister is still in Buhari’s cabinet.

“I get impatient when I hear people say that Buhari failed to sympathise with victims in Benue and Taraba. Who needs presidential sympathy? Is it sympathy that will re-order their broken lives? We are talking about security of lives and property and bringing perpetrators to book.

“We expect the government to respond with massive punitive action when the fundamental security of a people is violated. We expect the president to immediately show up at the scene of these disasters and order his troops into action against these arrogant and blood thirsty people.

“When stung by the criticism that the president rather chose to attend a wedding in Kano instead of being present in Dapchi, presidential apologists said the wedding was a needed therapy for the trauma caused by the abduction of the schoolgirls in Dapchi. That statement is blasphemous.

“There were so many formula that would have been adopted to ensure that the couple had their wedding without the accompanying exhibition of lavishness so soon after a national tragedy. The nation was in mourning and Buhari would have told the couple that he was not obliged to be there,” Soyinka said.

http://dailypost.ng/2018/03/16/buhari-jittery-herdsmen-declared-ipob-terrorists-soyinka-explodes/
Re: Buhari Jittery About Herdsmen But Declared IPOB Terrorists – Soyinka Explode by 2016v2017: 12:17am On Mar 17, 2018
gidgiddy:
Armed Fulani herdsmen slaughtering people are just common criminals. The real terrorists are unarmed IPOB who have never killed anyone ~ Federal Government
Re: Buhari Jittery About Herdsmen But Declared IPOB Terrorists – Soyinka Explode by Writs: 1:02am On Mar 17, 2018
GoroTango:

Goro and Tang drink don't mix
Re: Buhari Jittery About Herdsmen But Declared IPOB Terrorists – Soyinka Explode by holyfather(m): 1:45am On Mar 17, 2018
DoTheNeedful:

Which one is good morning? undecided You think it's everyone that has this clannish and myopic "permanent friends and permanent enemies" mentality like some of you have? Soyinka has been a voice of activism in this country for more than 60 years; perhaps before your parents were born. He even believed in the Biafran cause when it was not popular to do so in Nigeria.

That he felt Jonathan didn't perform optimally and he moved against him in the last elections takes nothing from him. He, like many other millions of Nigerians felt Buhari could do better and they supported Buhari. What is the sin in that? Although Buhari is not doing any better.

You have to get it in your head that there was never a time where there was a permanent friend or foe in politics. It's always about interest to the politicians or about who the masses felt at a time that would do the job better. In making such decisions, mistakes are made but life continues cool.
Anybody who claimed they felt Buhari could do better should shove his political opinions up or down any orifice of their choice.
This is not an issue of permanent political friends or enemies. It's a matter of being objective in your political renditions.
Re: Buhari Jittery About Herdsmen But Declared IPOB Terrorists – Soyinka Explode by emmie14: 2:08am On Mar 17, 2018
GoroTango:
stupidity is innate in your generation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Jittery About Herdsmen But Declared IPOB Terrorists – Soyinka Explode by Nobody: 2:14am On Mar 17, 2018
emmie14:
stupidity is innate in your generation

Re: Buhari Jittery About Herdsmen But Declared IPOB Terrorists – Soyinka Explode by Cherez: 4:13am On Mar 17, 2018
Alariiwo:
In as much as I respect Soyinka as a person, he should realize there is a difference.between Ipob and the so called herdsmen.

2019 is around the corner and all of a sudden, herdsmen turned killers.
The Fulanis might no be as vocal as others but it is very unfair to brand them killers. It's just like branding all Igbos or Yorubas killers.

Ipob and Kanu on the other hand, formed a group threatening to burn down the "zoo", running hate speeches on radio biafra amongst others.
Igbos are more deadly if you ask any sane human whereas the "herdsmen" might be political thugs or even Bokoharam members who knows.

Ipob could have called itself a youth setup and go about their agitations in a civilized manner but No, they threatened our sovereignty as a nation so we can't keep mute while they continue disturbing our peace.
Moreover, their SE governors proscribed them first and also agreed that they are terrorists. So why the noise?

Bros, truly I am weakened by your rationale
I am saddened by your views
I have been made ill by your thoughts.
Though they are entirely yours, I weep for my country and this mentality of yours is a proof to why NIGERIA is where it is today.
NIGERIA IN ITSELF IS A "LIE".
THE ELITES IN IT ARE ALL "LIARS"
A society where the truth is felony
Where honesty is against the law
Where it is wrong to be wise and true to one's self, example is this, "https://www.nairaland.com/4402528/lecturer-dismissed-exposing-corruption-yabatech".
Imagine a society that found it hard to pass a bill on rape yet about to pass a law on their so called "hate speech" consequence by hanging to death?
All in a bid to silence people.
Even Abacha never did this.
No wonder Ghana is light-years ahead of us.
Don't worry, Nigerinas are leaving enmasse to Libya,
People will soon start mass-migrating to Sahara desert.
People like you are the reason Nigeria will never grow, LIARS birth LIE which NIGERIA is today.
Oga Alariwo, eku ise ooooooo!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Jittery About Herdsmen But Declared IPOB Terrorists – Soyinka Explode by Cherez: 4:19am On Mar 17, 2018
GoroTango:
So we should allow IPOB kill people before we proscribe their activities abi? We will not make the same mistaken like we did with boko Haram
Guys, no need responding to these LIARS.
SO, the ones already killing people, what have you done to them?
Kai!
I NOW BELIEVE THAT NIGERIA MIGHT BE UNDER A CURSE TO HAVE HAD PEOPLE LIKE THIS AND ONLY GOD NOT ANY MAN CAN SAVE OUR SITUATION.
This is exactly how it happens in our ministries and parastatals that hinder growth and development in various facets of our economy.
CORRUPTION is not NIGERIA'S problem but the mentality behind the reasons for looting which isn't limited to but includes; let's loot for our tribe/zone, it isn't our own so let's mismanage it, etc....
Re: Buhari Jittery About Herdsmen But Declared IPOB Terrorists – Soyinka Explode by Valokemz: 4:22am On Mar 17, 2018
Donpresh95:

You must be using Glo to comment

And u should commenting from guinea Bissau
Re: Buhari Jittery About Herdsmen But Declared IPOB Terrorists – Soyinka Explode by Valokemz: 4:23am On Mar 17, 2018
Donpresh95:

You must be using Glo to comment

And u should be commenting from guinea Bissau
Re: Buhari Jittery About Herdsmen But Declared IPOB Terrorists – Soyinka Explode by Nonaira1: 4:53am On Mar 17, 2018
Alariiwo:
In as much as I respect Soyinka as a person, he should realize there is a difference.between Ipob and the so called herdsmen.

2019 is around the corner and all of a sudden, herdsmen turned killers.
The Fulanis might no be as vocal as others but it is very unfair to brand them killers. It's just like branding all Igbos or Yorubas killers.

Ipob and Kanu on the other hand, formed a group threatening to burn down the "zoo", running hate speeches on radio biafra amongst others.
Igbos are more deadly if you ask any sane human whereas the "herdsmen" might be political thugs or even Bokoharam members who knows.

Ipob could have called itself a youth setup and go about their agitations in a civilized manner but No, they threatened our sovereignty as a nation so we can't keep mute while they continue disturbing our peace.
Moreover, their SE governors proscribed them first and also agreed that they are terrorists. So why the noise?

There is something devilish about you yorubas. Really there is a lot of demonic thing doing you people

So ipob because of "burning down the zoo" statement is more deadly than fulani herdsmen that is currently wiping out an entire community.

Something is severely wrong with you people. If it's a curse, may God have mercy on una

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Jittery About Herdsmen But Declared IPOB Terrorists – Soyinka Explode by toprealman: 6:35am On Mar 17, 2018
Omeokachie:
Buhari is fighting insecurity
That cartoon does not present the reality correctly. IPOM and MASSOB never used guns!
Re: Buhari Jittery About Herdsmen But Declared IPOB Terrorists – Soyinka Explode by speak2me2016: 7:12am On Mar 17, 2018
For all of you that brought this pains on us in 2015, don't worry its payback time. Come 2019, am going to vote Baba. We must all enjoy this mess till 2023.
Re: Buhari Jittery About Herdsmen But Declared IPOB Terrorists – Soyinka Explode by fuckpro: 7:46am On Mar 17, 2018
manny4life:

Yes, talk is cheap as usual. The media is the most powerful weapon to propagate hate and destruction, yet Nigeria isn't on fire like Somalia and Syria... Dude get the hell outta here man. Again, has Biafran agitators which according to you, used media to propagate hate been violent in their protest? Since they used media to incide their followers to kill.... HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE THEY KILLED? Terrorism is not what you use media to propagate, it's the action that constitute terror. Propagating hate speech is not terror, it's illegal and can be considered crime in certain places; I can tell people to go an kill, that's not terror, but the moment I start blowing up buildings, murdering and maiming people for financial, political, religious or ideological aim, then you can call it domestic terror. Until you can prove to me how hate speech in itself is terror, dude you need to stop that Osogbo weed that you're on. Besides, didn't your precious Buhari utter hate speech prior to becoming president? IPOB are only terrorists in Nigeria, yet they're recognized by some international governing entities as a freedom fighting group... The truth will consume all of you.
...Nigeria under Buhari is clearly nepotic and years after generations will look at this time similar to that of Hitler and wonder how was such tolerated by right thinking Nigerians
Re: Buhari Jittery About Herdsmen But Declared IPOB Terrorists – Soyinka Explode by Cherez: 8:00am On Mar 17, 2018
Nonaira1:

There is something devilish about you yorubas. Really there is a lot of demonic thing doing you people

So ipob because of "burning down the zoo" statement is more deadly than fulani herdsmen that is currently wiping out an entire community.

Something is severely wrong with you people. If it's a curse, may God have mercy on una
Guys we all need to stop this "Igbo" and "Yoruba" rhetoric.
Obviously, Alariwo is Yoruba but is Oga Wole not same?
Go to Facebook where identities aren't hidden and see that most people condemning these Fulani herdsmen's mayhem are Yorubas.
Yes, most want IPOB proscribed cos it's Igbo but most of'em don't see it as worst than FH.
Re: Buhari Jittery About Herdsmen But Declared IPOB Terrorists – Soyinka Explode by omohayek: 8:21am On Mar 17, 2018
Nonaira1:

The only "devilish" people I see here are the likes of you, who rush to insult millions of people you never met because one individual says something you didn't like, even as you're commenting on a thread about Wole Soyinka - a Yoruba man - sticking his neck out to defend IPOB in a manner not one Igbo public figure has dared to! Only a blockheaded, irredeemably tribalistic brute could miss the absurdity of such a situation.

To be honest, the real blame here lies with Soyinka, for going out on a limb for people so hopeless that they can only ever repay his gestures with tribal insults. It doesn't matter to them that he went to jail for the cause of Biafran independence, or that he has consistently advocated for them when no others would (not even their own leaders), all that matters to these idi.ots is that he once thought Buhari might be better than an incompetent thief like GEJ, who in their eyes is a saintly figure despite delivering zero development to their region while allowing his wife to stuff her bank accounts with millions of Dollars in "donations". If Soyinka had merely kept his thoughts to himself, we wouldn't have this infuriating situation in which tribalistic ingrates pour insults at "Yorubas" on the occasion of one of the most famous Yoruba men in the world pleading their case!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Jittery About Herdsmen But Declared IPOB Terrorists – Soyinka Explode by Nobody: 9:19am On Mar 17, 2018
Lajet:
Nobel laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, has lambasted President Muhammadu Buhari for allegedly treating killer herdsmen with kid gloves.

Soyinka, while speaking at the Ripples Nigeria Dialogue in Lagos, on Thursday, charged the president to declare herdsmen terrorists.

“We expect the president to have the courage to declare such monsters as terrorists and enemies of humanity with the same dispatch in which he declared the far less violent, albeit, disruptive IPOB terrorists. We expect a culture of even-handedness”, he said.

“I have always refrained from labelling the herdsmen as Fulani but since they have publicly come out to admit they are responsible for the killings, we can say they are Fulani herdsmen.

“An organisation has been rampaging the nation armed to the teeth and descending on innocent people. Their spokesman appeared on TV, unrepentant, distorting history, calling on a state government to rescind their laws and proceeding to defy such laws.

“They went ahead and threatened continuation of the same acts of degradation. The nation has been placed on the defensive simply because of the failing of governance.

“Have you ever encountered a more cynical rendition of the sequence of events when spokesmen of this same organisation came out to say the killings were taking place because of the laws which was made to stop the killings in the first place?

“I have not heard that the leaders of that group have been summoned the way those who do far less things would have been summoned. Nigeria is not the first country to experience natural disasters but this is not an excuse to take guns to destabilise other peace-loving people in their communities.

“While addressing the victims of the rampage of Fulani herdsmen, the minister of defence asked the victims what they wanted the herdsmen to do when the grazing routes for their cattle were being blocked and that minister is still in Buhari’s cabinet.

“I get impatient when I hear people say that Buhari failed to sympathise with victims in Benue and Taraba. Who needs presidential sympathy? Is it sympathy that will re-order their broken lives? We are talking about security of lives and property and bringing perpetrators to book.

“We expect the government to respond with massive punitive action when the fundamental security of a people is violated. We expect the president to immediately show up at the scene of these disasters and order his troops into action against these arrogant and blood thirsty people.

“When stung by the criticism that the president rather chose to attend a wedding in Kano instead of being present in Dapchi, presidential apologists said the wedding was a needed therapy for the trauma caused by the abduction of the schoolgirls in Dapchi. That statement is blasphemous.

“There were so many formula that would have been adopted to ensure that the couple had their wedding without the accompanying exhibition of lavishness so soon after a national tragedy. The nation was in mourning and Buhari would have told the couple that he was not obliged to be there,” Soyinka said.

http://dailypost.ng/2018/03/16/buhari-jittery-herdsmen-declared-ipob-terrorists-soyinka-explodes/

IPOB was declared a terrorist organization 6 months ago....Wjynu come de talk today
Re: Buhari Jittery About Herdsmen But Declared IPOB Terrorists – Soyinka Explode by Collins2028(m): 10:23am On Mar 17, 2018
Buhari fully described as Fulani herdsmen. grin
Re: Buhari Jittery About Herdsmen But Declared IPOB Terrorists – Soyinka Explode by Cherez: 11:17am On Mar 17, 2018
omohayek:

The only "devilish" people I see here are the likes of you, who rush to insult millions of people you never met because one individual says something you didn't like, even as you're commenting on a thread about Wole Soyinka - a Yoruba man - sticking his neck out to defend IPOB in a manner not one Igbo public figure has dared to! Only a blockheaded, irredeemably tribalistic brute could miss the absurdity of such a situation.

To be honest, the real blame here lies with Soyinka, for going out on a limb for people so hopeless that they can only ever repay his gestures with tribal insults. It doesn't matter to them that he went to jail for the cause of Biafran independence, or that he has consistently advocated for them when no others would (not even their own leaders), all that matters to these idi.ots is that he once thought Buhari might be better than an incompetent thief like GEJ, who in their eyes is a saintly figure despite delivering zero development to their region while allowing his wife to stuff her bank accounts with millions of Dollars in "donations". If Soyinka had merely kept his thoughts to himself, we wouldn't have this infuriating situation in which tribalistic ingrates pour insults at "Yorubas" on the occasion of one of the most famous Yoruba men in the world pleading their case!
Of what difference is with you and the guy you quoted?
You guys in this country are all wacks.
No wonder Naija is a shithole

1 Like

Re: Buhari Jittery About Herdsmen But Declared IPOB Terrorists – Soyinka Explode by Nobody: 2:45pm On Mar 17, 2018
omohayek:

Well said sir. Well said.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tee Mac Omatshola: I was Quoted Out Of Context On Tinubu / Mu’azu, Kashim Imam, Escape Death / Former PDP Ministers Meet With Goodluck Jonathan (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.