Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,860 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:31 AM

Should I Go For NYSC Or Continue My Journey Abroad? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Should I Go For NYSC Or Continue My Journey Abroad? (36659 Views)

My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / Escaping Death: My Journey Through America / I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Go For NYSC Or Continue My Journey Abroad? by Olasco93: 4:02pm On Mar 16, 2018
Re: Should I Go For NYSC Or Continue My Journey Abroad? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Mar 16, 2018
bonjelow:
Hello Everyone,
I am a fresh graduate from a reputable Federal Polytechnic in Nigeria, I graduated in 2017 and I am supposed to go for youth service this year (2018 Batch A Corps) which will commence soon. But I have an issue bothering me which I need a good advice on.

Last year 2017 my sister who is in USA for close to 12 years wanted me to come and hustle abroad but it's not easy for youth to go there but through schooling, so she helped me to find a good public University to do Masters, I have done the necessary processing and I have been offered an admission for the Fall Semester starting August 2018, my Visa has also been granted.

The issue on ground now is that I want to have the NYSC certificate, probably if I can runs it as a ghost Corper and get the certificate on my behalf or if an exemption can be possible.

Please I need your sincere advice. Thanks.

Your resumption is in August and you have been study granted visa this early??
Re: Should I Go For NYSC Or Continue My Journey Abroad? by chumakk: 4:04pm On Mar 16, 2018
Re: Should I Go For NYSC Or Continue My Journey Abroad? by sniperr007(m): 4:04pm On Mar 16, 2018
bonjelow:
Hello Everyone,
I am a fresh graduate from a reputable Federal Polytechnic in Nigeria, I graduated in 2017 and I am supposed to go for youth service this year (2018 Batch A Corps) which will commence soon. But I have an issue bothering me which I need a good advice on.

Last year 2017 my sister who is in USA for close to 12 years wanted me to come and hustle abroad but it's not easy for youth to go there but through schooling, so she helped me to find a good public University to do Masters, I have done the necessary processing and I have been offered an admission for the Fall Semester starting August 2018, my Visa has also been granted.

The issue on ground now is that I want to have the NYSC certificate, probably if I can runs it as a ghost Corper and get the certificate on my behalf or if an exemption can be possible.

Don't answer the call of Ur village People.
Go to us and forget nysc.
Nysc is over rated and once u are in us. U won't regret Ur decision

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For NYSC Or Continue My Journey Abroad? by toogbasky(m): 4:04pm On Mar 16, 2018
You wanna come join us in this nysc suffer,, baba God why didn't u bless me wit dis kinda confusion a year ago b4 I started dis rubbish,,,

Yes there's CDs every week,, if you can't handle d hit,, leave nysc ooo,,, my sister I repeat leave nysc jeje and travel for d masters,,, you got a grater chance to make it outside dis country,, when God blesses u,, you ain't gonna come reside here anymore,, you wud only come to visit, wat wud u need nysc cert for abroad?,, there's nothing to b confused here,,, leave nysc for us

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For NYSC Or Continue My Journey Abroad? by babadee1(m): 4:04pm On Mar 16, 2018
bonjelow:
Hello Everyone,

Forget about NYSC and go for your masters. Be focused and plan your future well. Stop looking in many different directions and face one thing. Work hard and do it well and you will never regret it.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For NYSC Or Continue My Journey Abroad? by sleek82(m): 4:05pm On Mar 16, 2018
My dear, there is no answer to your issue but there is a question to your issue......"who NYSC help?"

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Go For NYSC Or Continue My Journey Abroad? by GentlemanAyo(m): 4:05pm On Mar 16, 2018
Get out of this country now...

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go For NYSC Or Continue My Journey Abroad? by smokedfish: 4:05pm On Mar 16, 2018
bonjelow:
Hello Everyone,

go ghost...cz exemption myt b difficult to get moreova we all know serving Nigeria now has turned to a child's play
Re: Should I Go For NYSC Or Continue My Journey Abroad? by Richy4(m): 4:05pm On Mar 16, 2018
It's not compulsory you might end up working in Nigeria..that's the reason for the NYSC certificate isn't it ... U might decide not to come back to Nigeria once the US breeze blows around you..the choice is yours though...

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For NYSC Or Continue My Journey Abroad? by Yoshy: 4:05pm On Mar 16, 2018
bonjelow:
Hello Everyone,

OP run, run run oo don't look back. Between, I will like some info on how you did it (the admission stuff)

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go For NYSC Or Continue My Journey Abroad? by JonSnow(m): 4:06pm On Mar 16, 2018
bonjelow:

Thanks so much for your reply, but what heard is that it is compulsory one must be present every Thursday for CDS, also heard it involves thumbprinting, don't know how to go about this?

Read this thread and get sense.

https://www.nairaland.com/3502484/yankee-through-eyes-village-boy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go For NYSC Or Continue My Journey Abroad? by heendrix(m): 4:06pm On Mar 16, 2018
bonjelow:

Okay, I will send you a pm soon.
I to op plz what's the school name?
Re: Should I Go For NYSC Or Continue My Journey Abroad? by sleek82(m): 4:06pm On Mar 16, 2018
sexybaby22:

ofcourse it is possible
Re: Should I Go For NYSC Or Continue My Journey Abroad? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Mar 16, 2018
bonjelow:
Hello Everyone,

You saw honey at your doorstep yet you prefer salt. You can defer your Nysc and do it when you come back to Nigeria. Don't bother yourself about ghost corpa because you might be in a ghost mood

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For NYSC Or Continue My Journey Abroad? by timmyshot(m): 4:07pm On Mar 16, 2018
I need to know this is done... HND to MSC... Need someone to put me through how is that possible... I need urgent response.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go For NYSC Or Continue My Journey Abroad? by eterisan(m): 4:07pm On Mar 16, 2018
Everyone is advising you to run abroad... Nice and good. But what will you do when you are asked to present your nysc certificate abroad.... Heard of a case where a PhD holder in America... .medical dr for that matter was deported because of this nysc certificate.... And besides how will you ghost this nysc with biometric capturing.... Maybe there is something I don't know. . Go abroad if you want, but don't register for the nysc with the mind of ghosting it.. What if something goes wrong.... You can always come back and do it when the certificate will be requested.. ... This is my two cents...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go For NYSC Or Continue My Journey Abroad? by kingofabia: 4:07pm On Mar 16, 2018
OP, I feel you should travel and never look back.
You can come back and collect exemption letter. ie, if you intend to come back oh.

But please, so far you have your visa in your hands, dont look back ... The devil is a liar

3 Likes

Re: Should I Go For NYSC Or Continue My Journey Abroad? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Mar 16, 2018
sexybaby22:

Dont mind the lying idiot!!!

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For NYSC Or Continue My Journey Abroad? by Andy2274: 4:08pm On Mar 16, 2018
Ask your sister if you can defer the admission till next year August if possible so that you go for your NYSC or tell your School that you don't want to go for NYSC then request for exemption letter. If they above two options are not possible, my guy waka go USA oooo. If I were you I will request for exemption letter and find my way to US.
Re: Should I Go For NYSC Or Continue My Journey Abroad? by lanocfoods: 4:08pm On Mar 16, 2018
Florblu:
Go for your masters abroad.
Come back for your NYSC and if after your masters you are above 30, opt for exemption letter.
Take this advice

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For NYSC Or Continue My Journey Abroad? by Omuneizzy6(m): 4:10pm On Mar 16, 2018
na so people dey take end up being a gangster and drugs dealer for abroad.
Re: Should I Go For NYSC Or Continue My Journey Abroad? by RexTramadol1: 4:10pm On Mar 16, 2018
GO GO GO!

NYSC is overrated, piece of shii

If you don't GO, I will personally stay ontop ur matter.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go For NYSC Or Continue My Journey Abroad? by 1kinggy(m): 4:10pm On Mar 16, 2018
You have a good problem but the solution is simple.

Go for your masters. If you're younger than 30 by the time you're through, come home for NYSC.

For now, NYSC certificate is important for any Nigerian graduate planning to do something here at home.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go For NYSC Or Continue My Journey Abroad? by Femmedy: 4:10pm On Mar 16, 2018
Abeg get into that plane speedily. This country has nothing to offer you after service.Why waste your time on NYSC? Don't make that mistake please. even if you have ideas to start a business after youth service, getting loan to fund such business becomes a big problem. Use your tongue to count your teeth my dear.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go For NYSC Or Continue My Journey Abroad? by Ojemedad: 4:11pm On Mar 16, 2018
No need to even read anything just go abroad, fast don't eve. think twice

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go For NYSC Or Continue My Journey Abroad? by whodeyhere: 4:12pm On Mar 16, 2018
sanpipita:
Its like you want to be unfortunate in this life, who tries weighs his option between nysc and going abroad, even some oyibo will forget their military service and go on greener pastures, be like you want to tell us you wan go abroad cos I no understand what is it to think about here

bro.. please take it easy na.

@ Op I will consider to defer the NYSC till after my M.Sc in the US but how old are you? if you are not 30 yet, and even after your m.Sc you will still have time to serve. if not, get exception but in any case do not lose the chance to complete your M.Sc in the USA even if you have to pick between NYSC and Masters.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go For NYSC Or Continue My Journey Abroad? by oshdam2015: 4:14pm On Mar 16, 2018
Even in Nigeria, universities don't accept HND for straight Masters, how come it's happening in USA. Just curious.
bonjelow:
Hello Everyone,

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For NYSC Or Continue My Journey Abroad? by ionsman: 4:14pm On Mar 16, 2018
You graduated before 30 right? Come back later for your Nysc. When you don hit small. lol
Re: Should I Go For NYSC Or Continue My Journey Abroad? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Mar 16, 2018
bonjelow:

Thanks so much for your reply, but what heard is that it is compulsory one must be present every Thursday for CDS, also heard it involves thumbprinting, don't know how to go about this?

That's a bloody lie. There are many people who avoided cds and at the end of the day their CDS cards had more signatures than mine. If you have money and connection your cds card will stay updated without you attending.
Don't miss this opportunity my friend. Nysc is rubbish.Think about the risks corpers lives are exposed to or don't you read news? Also the insecurity in Nigeria is at an all time high so get out while you still can. Good luck.
Re: Should I Go For NYSC Or Continue My Journey Abroad? by NMotorwerks: 4:15pm On Mar 16, 2018
This is the problem with us Nigerians, we can never be honest, you want to be a "GHOST CORPER", haa, I'm sorry for this nation. If you cannot be honest in little, you can never be honest in big things. But why be a ghost when you can be alive and have a good life?

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For NYSC Or Continue My Journey Abroad? by uvie66: 4:15pm On Mar 16, 2018
adesbaba:
Employer in Nigeria... So u finished nysc in 2019 Nigeria and MSC in 2019 USA.so tell us how u did it

Once you can answer that question... That's all,so what will be your reply...

As for Thursday CDs ,you can runs with ur LGI...talk to him abt d biometric issue too..tell him to take ur full #19800...

I had a guy,we av left camp n I tink we av resumed in our PPA for like 2 weeks,naso d guy permant immigration visa click..he left nysc immediately ..he is in Texas now chilling,....

Once again I say ,answer this question and daz all

Employer in Nigeria... So u finished nysc in 2019 Nigeria and MSC in 2019 USA.so tell us how u did it

God save Nigeria with the type of graduates the universities produce these days, writing in colloquial language has become a de jure.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

JTF Vehicle Crashes Into Bus In Osogbo While Chasing Yahoo Boys, Scores Injured / Dolphin Estate, Ikoyi Flooded After Rainfall / How I Was Saved From A Train Accident That Killed 600 People - My Testimony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.