Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,541 members, 7,808,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Obaseki Visits Accident Victims, Clears Medical Bills* - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Visits Accident Victims, Clears Medical Bills* (11265 Views)

Obaseki Visits Wike At Rivers State Government House, Port Harcourt / Betsy Obaseki Visits Uwaila Omozuwa's Family / Governor Obaseki Visits Lady Mechanic's Workshop - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obaseki Visits Accident Victims, Clears Medical Bills* by oviosun: 4:14pm On Mar 16, 2018
*Obaseki visits accident victims, clears medical bills*

*…takes responsibility of 5-year-old victim’s cancer treatment*

Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, has visited and offset medical bills of persons who suffered various degrees of injuries, in a road accident involving a bus attached to the Governor’s Press Unit and two vehicles, in Ugbowo area of Benin City.

Some of the victims are admitted and receiving medical care at the University of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH), Benin City.

The governor, during the visit, learnt that one of the victims, Freeman Okoro, a five-year-old, was a cancer patient and had come for chemotherapy session at UBTH before the unfortunate incident.

On learning of his condition, the governor pledged to take responsibility of his cancer treatment and also offset the bill of Freeman’s cousin, who had been held in the hospital for his inability to pay for his treatment.

Governor Obaseki said, “I came to see the condition of the victims of the accident myself. Just as we have promised on the day of the accident when the victims were admitted. The state government has taken full responsibility of their medical bills.

“We will also make sure we follow up with the full recovery of those who are still being treated for injuries from the accident.”

Consultant General and Coordinator, Accident and Emergency Department, UBTH, Dr. Nnadi Nwashile, said, "The patients are in stable condition. Six persons in the bus were treated and discharged on the day of the accident.”

He added, “The two patients in the hospital are Mrs. Mary Okoro and her son, Freeman Okoro, who are being treated. Mrs. Okoro sustained a fracture on her upper arm and is being attended to by an Orthopaedic doctor. The son will be discharged soon.”

The accident, which occurred on Wednesday, involved a vehicle attached to the Governor’s Press Unit and two other vehicles. No life was lost.

*PHOTO CAPTION*

IMG_001

Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, with Mrs. Mary Okoro (on the bed), a victim, of the Government House Press Bus accident, receiving treatment at the University of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH), Benin City. Mrs. Okoro's sister, Mrs. Caroline Enoch (on her knees), is thanking the governor for paying her daughter's medical bills, during the governor's visit.

IMG_002

Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, with Freeman Okoro, a victim of the Government House Press Bus accident, receiving treatment at the University of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH), Benin City, during the governor's visit.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Visits Accident Victims, Clears Medical Bills* by oviosun: 4:19pm On Mar 16, 2018
Cc: lalasticlala
mynd44
Cc: seun
madridguy
Re: Obaseki Visits Accident Victims, Clears Medical Bills* by KendrickAyomide: 7:40pm On Mar 16, 2018
Re: Obaseki Visits Accident Victims, Clears Medical Bills* by Amirullaha(m): 7:42pm On Mar 16, 2018
A good gesture by the Governor...
But op you wicked o...
You created a topic and still claim FTC...

Anyways:
ATM debited one baba in front of me without dispensing cash to him, baba grabbed me and shouted; "you are my witness ooooo"

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki Visits Accident Victims, Clears Medical Bills* by NwaAmaikpe: 7:43pm On Mar 16, 2018
shocked

I hope he has not stolen their destiny.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obaseki Visits Accident Victims, Clears Medical Bills* by Biibibii(m): 7:44pm On Mar 16, 2018
Nice of him.By the way, The first step to making Nigeria great is solving our Power Supply issue. Then people go done dey get sense, no more UP NEPA!!! THEM DONE BRING LIGHT..Then Education sector, Unemployment, Agriculture and the rest can follow..#GIVENIGERIALIGHT ..

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Visits Accident Victims, Clears Medical Bills* by ihitenansa: 7:45pm On Mar 16, 2018
obaseki is a good man,..

a real gentleman
Re: Obaseki Visits Accident Victims, Clears Medical Bills* by ihitenansa: 7:46pm On Mar 16, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
obia,..

supu oyibo

Re: Obaseki Visits Accident Victims, Clears Medical Bills* by ade2291(m): 7:48pm On Mar 16, 2018
A true leader leading by example. God bless you my governor...
Re: Obaseki Visits Accident Victims, Clears Medical Bills* by nellybadas: 7:50pm On Mar 16, 2018
Nice gesture Sir. But how about using your office to make better roads so they can be safer and also improve health care system in your state. That's really what you should be doing right now.
Re: Obaseki Visits Accident Victims, Clears Medical Bills* by ojibole(m): 8:04pm On Mar 16, 2018
When will he visit osunpec river and address that issue?
Re: Obaseki Visits Accident Victims, Clears Medical Bills* by Tolupiz(m): 8:12pm On Mar 16, 2018
I no go talk

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Visits Accident Victims, Clears Medical Bills* by royalfly(m): 8:14pm On Mar 16, 2018
can't the people their cars where destroyed beyound repairs get a new one. they are saying they want to fix it. these cars could be their means of lively hood. after fixing, will they not still be having problems with it. if your saw the accident then you should know that what they need is a new car.
Re: Obaseki Visits Accident Victims, Clears Medical Bills* by Sanchase: 8:22pm On Mar 16, 2018
What a country, in a developed nation the Governor has nothing to do with individual medical bills rather they put in place a great medical access structure.

How many more Nigerians will they use to do their camera hospital show ?

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Visits Accident Victims, Clears Medical Bills* by royalfly(m): 8:23pm On Mar 16, 2018
well let's see what happens.. the owners of the two cars have been left in oblivion, the main victims of the accident. they only cheated death to be alive. cars that saulmansuted. we hope they don't have internal injuries. from a very close source they have been treating them selves..who is going to take charge of that.. these guys you need to see them.
Re: Obaseki Visits Accident Victims, Clears Medical Bills* by EddieCAD(m): 8:43pm On Mar 16, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I hope he has not stolen their destiny.

Are you sure you are a human being? You see no good in anything, always negative response shocked
Re: Obaseki Visits Accident Victims, Clears Medical Bills* by royalfly(m): 9:03pm On Mar 16, 2018
EddieCAD:

Are you sure you are a human being? You see no good in anything, always negative response shocked
please what's good in this? these people almost died. I believe you are one of the people that congratulates governor's for working on 10km of road. their civic responsibility. Nigerians wake up. the speed at which the convoy moved violates Nigeria road laws. oh I forgot they are above the law.
Re: Obaseki Visits Accident Victims, Clears Medical Bills* by EddieCAD(m): 9:09pm On Mar 16, 2018
royalfly:

please what's good in this? these people almost died. I believe you are one of the people that congratulates governor's for working on 10km of road. their civic responsibility. Nigerians wake up. the speed at which the convoy moved violates Nigeria road laws. oh I forgot they are above the law.

Are you saying he should not have visited the sick and clear the bills
Re: Obaseki Visits Accident Victims, Clears Medical Bills* by lakesider(m): 9:32pm On Mar 16, 2018
What kind of rubbish is this.
God punish the gov
God punish the reporter
Re: Obaseki Visits Accident Victims, Clears Medical Bills* by royalfly(m): 9:46pm On Mar 16, 2018
EddieCAD:

Are you saying he should not have visited the sick and clear the bills
what he did is what he is suppose to do and believe me, he knows it, so stop the praises am not he even likes that.. he is just doing what a human being would do, trust me there need not be cameras in there for this... oh I forgot he is the governor.. people like you are the ones who cause problems for him. he looks gentle though but the owners of those cars should be made happy.. my take.
Re: Obaseki Visits Accident Victims, Clears Medical Bills* by Switruth: 10:04pm On Mar 16, 2018
Again I have played golf several times with Gov. Obaseki. He is sure a good man. His name is wake up and see ... He is really trying in the state. He is the opposite of Oshiomhole. He talks less and do more while the latter talks more and do less.
Re: Obaseki Visits Accident Victims, Clears Medical Bills* by alen4smith(m): 5:33am On Mar 17, 2018
[quote author=Sanchase post=65898512]What a country, in a developed nation the Governor has nothing to do with individual medical bills rather they put in place a great medical access structure.

How many more Nigerians will they use to do their camera hospital show ? [/quote always read ,comprehend before you comment
Re: Obaseki Visits Accident Victims, Clears Medical Bills* by kuuljay(m): 8:27am On Mar 17, 2018
Just imagine how worsening the Nigerian condition is getting ooooo...

Imagine! An accident occurred today, 11 injured, 12 died. So d governor came and promised to offer #50,000 to d injured and # 6m to d dead for their funeral. One of the injured got up secretly and laid where d dead were, one of d dead shouted "Bros go back to ur place, no bring confusion come here, they don count us o!" �����
Re: Obaseki Visits Accident Victims, Clears Medical Bills* by royalfly(m): 12:07pm On Mar 17, 2018
kuuljay:
Just imagine how worsening the Nigerian condition is getting ooooo...

Imagine! An accident occurred today, 11 injured, 12 died. So d governor came and promised to offer #50,000 to d injured and # 6m to d dead for their funeral. One of the injured got up secretly and laid where d dead were, one of d dead shouted "Bros go back to ur place, no bring confusion come here, they don count us o!" �����

this is no joke. you think this is a joke...? God will not allow you experience this kind.

(1) (Reply)

3 Ways Buhari Wants To Curb Banditry In South-west / DSS Denies Arresting Ezekwesili / Caption Atiku Wrist Is It A Charm Or A Designer Bracelet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.