Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,033 members, 7,803,468 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:16 PM

My Sales Boys/girls Steal From Me. - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Sales Boys/girls Steal From Me. (15171 Views)

Can Someone Steal Your Money If They Have Access To Your BVN? / Vacancy- Sales Boys & Girls / How Do I Increase My Sales Using Facebook Ads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sales Boys/girls Steal From Me. by traeces(m): 6:07pm On Mar 17, 2018
Kobicove:

The so-called honest person will also join the scheme after a while...it's very difficult to get an honest person in Nigeria!

Even if you go to outer space and bring a human being to work without proper systems of control and supervision, s/he will soon practice dishonesty for selfish gain
Re: My Sales Boys/girls Steal From Me. by naijacutee(f): 6:31pm On Mar 17, 2018
chukzyfcbb:

wow I have been searching for a book that talks about psychology and business, I see. often times I visit www.psychologytoday.com just to learn one or two things. I will deeply appreciate it if you can send a copy to me via mail. pls respond as soon as you get this.

I’m trying to focus on learning marketing psychology and I’m currently reading Predictable Irrational by Dan Ariel. I invested in a physical copy so haven’t got anything to send you via email, I’m afraid.
Re: My Sales Boys/girls Steal From Me. by Bishops10(m): 7:44pm On Mar 17, 2018
naijacutee:
This is actually a very interesting topic because I’m currently reading a book about psychology and business at the moment that addresses this issue.

According to this book, when it comes to honesty and human psychology, it is easier to prevent people from stealing at the beginning than fix the problem later. He conducted experiments on groups of people and found that when people were asked reminded of their moral obligation by reading the 10 commandments before the temptations, they stole less.

Also, if you prep the psychology so that they know that they have the feeling being watched and you tell them the consequences of stealing before they start, they will perform better.

Here are my suggestions:

1. Sack all the stealing cashiers. They are already corrupt and it is easier to start afresh than to fix a corrupt mind (don’t ask me what this means for our country.)

2. Rehire on a good salary that they can live on

3. Install CCTV cameras or dummy cameras, including ones facing the till. Tell staff that the camera images are backed to the cloud and that images are stored elsewhere and can be accessed by you in teatime on the internet even if you are abroad.

4. Sounds crazy but put a poster of Jesus face or the 10 commandments behind the till or cash register where only the cashiers can see.

5. Accept payments primarily by card and have 2 - 3 backup card machines. Ask your bank for Global Accelerex card machines because their engineers come out to fix them in 24 hours if faulty. There’s post here that covers getting a POS terminal in Nigeria: http://www.mrpepe.com/banking/how-to-get-a-pos-terminal-for-your-business-in-nigeria/

6. Employ someone to reconcile account each day and query staff on the day if any fraud is detected.

Please let us know how you get on!
Would you mind telling me the name of the book you're reading please?
Re: My Sales Boys/girls Steal From Me. by JZ36jqk: 9:10pm On Mar 17, 2018
nn
Re: My Sales Boys/girls Steal From Me. by jonero4(m): 9:17pm On Mar 17, 2018
taylor89:
We blacks and Africans should utilise our own very science

Go mbaise carry one very fairly used juju of 6k keep there

If they steal from you again make thunder fire me
wic type of thunder u want amadioha or boko haram#
Re: My Sales Boys/girls Steal From Me. by RoninSignals: 9:26pm On Mar 17, 2018
Evathyst:
Dear Nairalanders,

A very good morning to you all. Please I'd like your expert on an issue that is affecting my business. I have a big cosmetic shop which by God's grace fetch me money. But the problem is that my sales boy/girl steal heavily from me.

I have tried to checkmate them but all to no avail. Whenever I'm in the shop, I do checkmate them. But most times, I'm always out of the country doing business. Someone suggested getting a machine which can be used to issue receipt on any sales made but the problem is that I don't know it's functionality. Also, another friend suggested the use of CCTV to me.

Dear Nairalanders, kindly enlighten me on what to do as the issue is affecting my business. Thanks in anticipation.

From a friend.

Mods, kindly help give a wider coverage.

As an accountant
it means your internal control is weak and porous. Even CCTV can be bye-passed and they would make sure it don't work.
I can help you with your internal control system.DM me if you are interested
Re: My Sales Boys/girls Steal From Me. by naijacutee(f): 9:42pm On Mar 17, 2018
Bishops10:

Would you mind telling me the name of the book you're reading please?

It’s called Predictably Irrational: The Hidden Forces that Shape our Decisions by Dan Ariely
Re: My Sales Boys/girls Steal From Me. by mafolayomi(f): 10:19pm On Mar 17, 2018
Reading all these now makes opening a business venture looks so scary....
Re: My Sales Boys/girls Steal From Me. by Nobody: 10:35pm On Mar 17, 2018
Make I come work for you. I'm honest
Re: My Sales Boys/girls Steal From Me. by Bishops10(m): 11:12pm On Mar 17, 2018
naijacutee:

It’s called Predictably Irrational: The Hidden Forces that Shape our Decisions by Dan Ariely
Thank you
Re: My Sales Boys/girls Steal From Me. by geedup(m): 6:53am On Mar 18, 2018
Re: My Sales Boys/girls Steal From Me. by geedup(m): 6:56am On Mar 18, 2018
Evathyst:
Dear Nairalanders,

A very good morning to you all. Please I'd like your expert on an issue that is affecting my business. I have a big cosmetic shop which by God's grace fetch me money. But the problem is that my sales boy/girl steal heavily from me.

I have tried to checkmate them but all to no avail. Whenever I'm in the shop, I do checkmate them. But most times, I'm always out of the country doing business. Someone suggested getting a machine which can be used to issue receipt on any sales made but the problem is that I don't know it's functionality. Also, another friend suggested the use of CCTV to me.

Dear Nairalanders, kindly enlighten me on what to do as the issue is affecting my business. Thanks in anticipation.

From a friend.

Re: My Sales Boys/girls Steal From Me. by pheonixdld2(m): 8:55am On Mar 18, 2018
Liliyann:
Then sack them and employ someone that is honest and reliable!!
All these boys wanting to reap where they did not sow.
There is no guarantee the new people will be honest too
Re: My Sales Boys/girls Steal From Me. by Dominiccash360(m): 9:06am On Mar 18, 2018
Evathyst:
Dear Nairalanders,

From a friend.

Well their is absolutely nothing new under the sun as they say. u are not the first person with such problems nd you wouldn't be the last all you need is a system design analyst to help you analyze the existing system of operation and development a better system free of previous problems. I am in Lagos currently but i school at abeokuta if ur business is located in any of the above state I can help you you design a new system that would eradicate your listed problems messages me if interested msg me @ sundaydominic995@gmail.com don't worry about payment or anything a show of interest is like a motivation for me because this would be my second system I would b handling if at all... you need this because even though certain solutions might have wo4ked for certain people with similar problem, the solution they might profer might not guarantee that its gonna work for you because the perpetrators are not wires the same way some are smarter than the other
Re: My Sales Boys/girls Steal From Me. by jidobaba(m): 9:07am On Apr 04, 2018
stankezzy:
My friend that has big store at computer village in lagos experienced such what he did was wonderful , he let the front part of the store to an alfa that repairs computers , he rarely talk to wemen so his presence makes the two sales ladies uncomfortable then he employed two sales ladys , one igbo the other yoruba both christians , both of the ladies no de agree coupled with the alfa that rarely talk with wemen , so when I visited , he said once he comes the alfa will tell him how these ladies have been playing with his shop , after the igbo lady will tell him her own with igbo while the yoruba lady will later report what happened against the other lady , so nothing misses from his shop
Sense no go kill that your friend

Way to go for small shops.
Re: My Sales Boys/girls Steal From Me. by chukzyfcbb: 11:45pm On Apr 28, 2018
naijacutee:

I’m trying to focus on learning marketing psychology and I’m currently reading Predictable Irrational by Dan Ariel. I invested in a physical copy so haven’t got anything to send you via email, I’m afraid.
Hello. I later got the book luckily from a friend. he sent it to me. And since then I have been like wow!

The last time I read any inspirational, or thought provoking book is like a year plus. I was having authors confuse me with their conflicting ideas, but this book is fresh air.

i wonder why nobody in my circle has ever mentioned this book, its so small in terms of pages but power packed. I may have to follow you on Nairaland ,lool

I need me some Intelligentsia persona on NLsmiley

I do know for certain that you have may have other recommended books as thought provoking as this, but that recommendation should come later.

I had to go back and search for your moniker on Nairaland, u dunno how much this book has shaped my thoughts.
Armed with the knowledge and 48laws of power, I may be just be a walking alien to friends and family and maybe a manipulative fellow, smiley

.Thanks once again.
Re: My Sales Boys/girls Steal From Me. by honourable356(m): 11:38pm On Jul 11, 2018
Evathyst:
Someone honest you say? There's no such thing as a 'honest person'. Opportunity makes a thief if you don't know.
Indeed opportunity makes a thief...but i beg to object vehemently at your certain declaration that " there is no such thing as a honest person".

I marvel at such mental reasoning...and i am telling you this,you are incredible WRONG!!!!

You friend simply have not met a honest and trustworthy "somebody".

That is all.

Verdict:
Fire those idiots and get someone else...the cycle continues until you get it right.

Best wishes!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naira Drops to N200 To A US Dollar / 11 Tested Marketing Strategies For Outstanding Business Growth / Finally Revealing How I Make Steady Money Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.