Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,765 members, 7,802,339 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? (32336 Views)

What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In 2022? / What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? / What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by Maj196(m): 4:39pm On Mar 17, 2018
omotuntun:
If you want to be successful, you must disappear for a while
Exactly! Work silently and let ur success do the talking.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 17, 2018
If your conscience/mind has even the slightest doubts about something, DON'T do it. You will face issues down the road if you go ahead despite the doubt. Trust your gut feeling. wink
Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Mar 17, 2018
I have learnt to stay positive despite having all the reasons in the world to be negative.

I have also learnt that there is NO problem without a solution. God is the reason why I am so confident of that.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by Blackfire(m): 5:33pm On Mar 17, 2018
ameri9ja:

U r clearly not a christian

And u are?
Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by ameri9ja: 5:36pm On Mar 17, 2018
Blackfire:

And u are?

I don't mean ill. It is just logic. Christ said "love those that hate you". U say the opposite. Christians are followers of Christ

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by ameri9ja: 5:37pm On Mar 17, 2018
Maj196:
Exactly! Work silently and let ur success do the talking.

That's not what he said. He said "disappear" not "Work silently and let ur success do the talking."

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by pedrilo: 5:39pm On Mar 17, 2018
You are alone, no one is here with you.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by ameri9ja: 5:40pm On Mar 17, 2018
Great OPPORTUNITY rarely comes at a convenient time. There are usually other things needing to be done first. And it is usually somehow camouflaged. And it usually knocks very faintly, so that if you are not aware you'll miss it. And it usually comes indirectly. WHY IS IT LIKE THIS?!

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by ameri9ja: 5:40pm On Mar 17, 2018
pedrilo:
You are alone, no one is here with you.

Meaning?
Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by sergi99(m): 5:50pm On Mar 17, 2018
Put God first
And don't get too attached to people

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by happy200(m): 6:28pm On Mar 17, 2018
ameri9ja:

Actually it is not lonely at the top at all.
Am at the top. Everybody wants to be your friend. The problem is keeping them out.
How top are you? do u think earning below N500,000 is the top?. My brother it's empty their! just own 1 billion and come back and tell me. *Experienced*

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by happy200(m): 6:30pm On Mar 17, 2018
ameri9ja:
Great OPPORTUNITY rarely comes at a convenient time. There are usually other things needing to be done first. And it is usually somehow camouflaged. And it usually knocks very faintly, so that if you are not aware you'll miss it. And it usually comes indirectly. WHY IS IT LIKE THIS?!
Now you are talking.
Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by GGirll: 6:44pm On Mar 17, 2018
To only trust God n put him first in all i do
To respect everyone no matter how poor,uneducated n unrighteous they maybe
To mind my business always n avoid conflicts
To keep my secrets to myself
To depend on no one
To love myself but love God most
To love n care for my family members cos nobody else really cares
To pray hard,work hard, talk less,listen more,have faith in God, strive to n believe that I can succeed in whatever I decide to do
To make sure I marry right cos marriage nowadays is like fairy tale
Finally to move on no matter how Bad I Feel

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Mar 17, 2018
Don't trust too much, expectations hurt and never to put all your eggs in one basket.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by Fkhalifa(m): 6:50pm On Mar 17, 2018
Life itself is a scam, you can have your PhD ,marry ,hit money and other success and still die that day you are celebrating...

Just live In this world like a wayfarer, be good to your creator and his creations, take it simple and easy.

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Mar 17, 2018
You were never born special (forget that b.s your parents did to feed your ego). You can only make yourself special! angry

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by stubbornman(m): 6:54pm On Mar 17, 2018
habayinc:
1 : Never outshine your master 2 : so much depends on your reputation.. defend it all you have 3 : Despise free meal
With the level of hunger in the country your third advice is invalid!!!
Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by sweetilicious(f): 6:59pm On Mar 17, 2018
xmanco42:
1) Don't let people praise/hail you unnecessary, they will stop one day thinking that they were doing you a favour. It make them look down on you.
have self confidence of your own.
2) don't force people to love you it make them hate you more. Give them space, compose yourself and show them that you are more matured. The love will come naturally.
Am with you
Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by PoisonedOne: 7:22pm On Mar 17, 2018
* You are not special ; anything you think you're someome somewhere has it better.
* Nobody really cares about you unless you're famous, rich or beautiful.
* even in the midst of our families, friends or colleagues deep within us we're still lonely.
* Don't tell people that can't offer any help your problems. The lesser you complain about your life the more people stay away from you.
* All of us are empty, most put up their best online to create the type of world they wish for which in reality they can't have.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Mar 17, 2018
omotuntun:

Throw more light on this please, for me. Thanks
Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by Blackfire(m): 7:24pm On Mar 17, 2018
ameri9ja:

I don't mean ill. It is just logic. Christ said "love those that hate you". U say the opposite. Christians are followers of Christ

I am probably quoting from satanic bible..
One of the 10 commandments
Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by ameri9ja: 7:34pm On Mar 17, 2018
happy200:
How top are you? do u think earning below N500,000 is the top?. My brother it's empty their! just own 1 billion and come back and tell me. *Experienced*

I'm at the top of my game and it is not lonely at all. It is not always about money.
As they say, if u developed the best mouse trap (the top), the world will beat a path to your door.
Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by sibepoc(m): 7:46pm On Mar 17, 2018
ameri9ja:

Actually it is not lonely at the top at all.
Am at the top. Everybody wants to be your friend. The problem is keeping them out.

It's lonely at the top. Not everyone wants to be your friend, everyone wants to associate with you. Don't misunderstand what friend mean..
Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by klbakare(m): 7:49pm On Mar 17, 2018
enshi:
one most important lesson i have learnt and that was in 2017... is that no man has monopoly on any woman's kitty. even when you are the most handsome and most wealthy she has met, as far as you are not there present with her at a time she may just be with another man who often that not is not up to your standards even in terms of the 'below the belt size' and believe me what i just wrote is including but not limited to married wives too.

and to this end, the saying "a woman is only yours when she is in your closet and you are there.

second lesson is that there is a thin line between life and death, love and hate, riches and poverty
twale sir

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by Jasperwhizz(m): 7:55pm On Mar 17, 2018
Cmyname:
=> God first
=>Never undermine the power of depression
=>Learn to be financially indepedent
=>Shun lies
=>Silence is gold sometimes
=>Celebrate peoples success, yours is near
Power of depression?
Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by TeejayMaya(m): 8:00pm On Mar 17, 2018
Same here too, unlike the "typical nairaland" threadl

sinkhole:
This thread has many sensible people there and I have learnt a lot of life's lessons already!
Thanks guys
Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by Worksunlimited: 8:00pm On Mar 17, 2018
Jasperwhizz:
Power of depression?

Yup.. Never ever underestimate it..
Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by ameri9ja: 8:04pm On Mar 17, 2018
sibepoc:

It's lonely at the top. Not everyone wants to be your friend, everyone wants to associate with you. Don't misunderstand what friend mean..

Everybody in your game wants to be your FRIEND. They want to be like you, be around u, learn from u. Meanwhile all u want is some alone time. I wonder who came up with that stupid saying. Lonely at the top my ass.
Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by Jasperwhizz(m): 8:05pm On Mar 17, 2018
Worksunlimited:

Yup.. Never ever underestimate it..
Explain pls.
Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by happy200(m): 8:06pm On Mar 17, 2018
ameri9ja:

I'm at the top of my game and it is not lonely at all. It is not always about money.
As they say, if u developed the best mouse trap (the top), the world will beat a path to your door.
Point
Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by TeejayMaya(m): 8:24pm On Mar 17, 2018
AnodaIT:
Most times people who help change your destiny are not the ones you expected. Don't run down anyone to please another

The most crucial lesson I have learnt in life from experience
Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Mar 17, 2018
omotuntun:

The meaning of this post flew over my head. Care to explain?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Amazing Facts Of Life You Should Read! / How Old Are You? / Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.