Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

Do You Know That Photocopy Machine Does Not Exist? Check Out For Correct Name - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do You Know That Photocopy Machine Does Not Exist? Check Out For Correct Name (3981 Views)

Who Has Un Used Jamb Pin To Correct Name And Sell / How Do I Correct Name Error After A Successful 2020 JAMB Registration? / Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Know That Photocopy Machine Does Not Exist? Check Out For Correct Name by facenglish: 2:12pm On Mar 17, 2018
A machine that makes photographic copies of documents can be referred to as.........

a) photostat

b)photocopy machine

c) photocopier

d) photostat machine

Many people are accustomed to calling it PHOTOCOPY MACHINE.

However, PHOTOCOPY MACHINE is not the correct name for it.

The appropriate answer to the question above is

PHOTOCOPIER Or COPIER.

Did you also know that FACE CAP does not exist in English dictionaries... Read on our page www.Facebook.com/facenglish

SPEAK AND WRITE IMPECCABLE ENGLISH

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know That Photocopy Machine Does Not Exist? Check Out For Correct Name by DrPurple(m): 2:25pm On Mar 17, 2018
#PURPLE

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know That Photocopy Machine Does Not Exist? Check Out For Correct Name by giftedheart1(m): 3:14pm On Mar 17, 2018
English everywhere... i hope one day it won't be written in the history of Nigeria that yoruba, igbo and housa once existed as languages in Nigeria. English is good though..
Re: Do You Know That Photocopy Machine Does Not Exist? Check Out For Correct Name by realmindz: 3:32pm On Mar 17, 2018
DrPurple:
FTC.
In Just Five Month Of Joining Nairaland (this Means You Can Achieve Anything Within A Short Period Of Time If You Are DETERMINED And PERSISTENT).

people only celebrate ftc when the thread reaches front page...your ftc for now is irrelevant

11 Likes

Re: Do You Know That Photocopy Machine Does Not Exist? Check Out For Correct Name by shepherd003: 3:38pm On Mar 17, 2018
most business owners may not even know this
Re: Do You Know That Photocopy Machine Does Not Exist? Check Out For Correct Name by DrPurple(m): 3:42pm On Mar 17, 2018
realmindz:

people only celebrate ftc when the thread reaches front page...your ftc for now is irrelevant
Thanks.
Am New On Nairaland So I Don't Know So Much.

#PURPLE

3 Likes

Re: Do You Know That Photocopy Machine Does Not Exist? Check Out For Correct Name by Dollarship(m): 4:14pm On Mar 17, 2018
<fg=b000ff00><b> Okay
Re: Do You Know That Photocopy Machine Does Not Exist? Check Out For Correct Name by farouk0403(m): 4:54pm On Mar 17, 2018
So what's the difference?
Re: Do You Know That Photocopy Machine Does Not Exist? Check Out For Correct Name by Olachase(m): 5:29pm On Mar 17, 2018
Did u think Nigeria to exist
Re: Do You Know That Photocopy Machine Does Not Exist? Check Out For Correct Name by mitmas(m): 6:56pm On Mar 17, 2018
Thankz for this bit
Re: Do You Know That Photocopy Machine Does Not Exist? Check Out For Correct Name by EarthXmetahuman: 7:06pm On Mar 17, 2018
They exist in Nigerian English dictionary.

Same way boot doesn't exist in American English dictionary but exists in bristish English dictionary.
Re: Do You Know That Photocopy Machine Does Not Exist? Check Out For Correct Name by anochuko01(m): 9:32pm On Mar 17, 2018
as long as it photocopies the paper

4 Likes

Re: Do You Know That Photocopy Machine Does Not Exist? Check Out For Correct Name by idu1(m): 10:59pm On Mar 17, 2018
Keep on inventing new problem in nigeria
Re: Do You Know That Photocopy Machine Does Not Exist? Check Out For Correct Name by MissIfunaya: 11:56pm On Mar 17, 2018
people at my place of work call it photocopier though old people call it photostat
Re: Do You Know That Photocopy Machine Does Not Exist? Check Out For Correct Name by Tonymegabush1(m): 4:04am On Mar 18, 2018
Mmmmmmmmmm nice one though but Nigerians have invented their own version of English even oyibo them wan photocopy am kip 4 Dia national museum grin
Re: Do You Know That Photocopy Machine Does Not Exist? Check Out For Correct Name by Iscoalarcon: 6:24am On Mar 18, 2018
giftedheart1:
English everywhere... i hope one day it won't be written in the history of Nigeria that yoruba, igbo and housa once existed as languages in Nigeria. English is good though..
it is Hausa not Housa Ffs undecided undecided
Re: Do You Know That Photocopy Machine Does Not Exist? Check Out For Correct Name by InansBobo(m): 7:24am On Mar 18, 2018
DrPurple:
Thanks. Am New On Nairaland So I Don't Know So Much.
#PURPLE
5 month and you are new..
Re: Do You Know That Photocopy Machine Does Not Exist? Check Out For Correct Name by anibirelawal(m): 8:01am On Mar 18, 2018
They are all correct. different terms in different sphere.
both British and American english always conflicts each other.
one good example is COLOUR (BrE) & COLOR (AmE). tell me which one is correct?
Re: Do You Know That Photocopy Machine Does Not Exist? Check Out For Correct Name by Trademerchant: 8:42am On Mar 18, 2018
Have you heard about bitcoin mining?

If yes, this is for you...

We sell bitcoin miners, newly shipped in, pay on delivery.

And if no, bitcoin mining is basically a way to generate bitcoin on your own.

Mine bitcoin yourself today, and you can also join our bitcoin mining pool, you don't really need to have a miner for this. Just invest and you earn coin directly every seconds

For more details, Call/whatsapp- 08164488358
Re: Do You Know That Photocopy Machine Does Not Exist? Check Out For Correct Name by Smily202(m): 9:16am On Mar 18, 2018
DrPurple:
Noted
FTC.
In Just Five Month Of Joining Nairaland (this Means You Can Achieve Anything Within A Short Period Of Time If You Are DETERMINED And PERSISTENT).

I Dedicate This FTC To All People Who Sat For The Just Concluded Jamb And All Niggas Who Qualify For Admission But Was Not Given Admission In Unilorin In 2017!!!

#PURPLE

FTC on something that can't hit FrontPage. Lol
Re: Do You Know That Photocopy Machine Does Not Exist? Check Out For Correct Name by Johnsonsunday: 9:19am On Mar 18, 2018
Okay we've heard! So who wants to make at least 30k weekly?. If interested DM +2348120915362
Re: Do You Know That Photocopy Machine Does Not Exist? Check Out For Correct Name by glossy6(f): 10:14am On Mar 18, 2018
DrPurple:
Noted
FTC.

I Dedicate This FTC To All People Who Sat For The Just Concluded Jamb And All Niggas Who Qualify For Admission But Was Not Given Admission In Unilorin In 2017!!!

#PURPLE

Go and buy a g wagon with it

1 Like

Re: Do You Know That Photocopy Machine Does Not Exist? Check Out For Correct Name by giftedheart1(m): 11:09am On Mar 18, 2018
Iscoalarcon:
it is Hausa not Housa Ffs undecided undecided
lol...thanks for the correction.

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Get Matric Number For Noun? / Rare Photos You're Not Allowed To See / Unaab's 3rd Batch List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.