Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,137 members, 7,780,055 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:03 AM

Welcome To USA - Tips And Tricks For Immigrants - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Welcome To USA - Tips And Tricks For Immigrants (31645 Views)

With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? / Most Sought-After Countries For Immigrants / New Zealand Adds Prostitution To List Of Employment Skills For Immigrants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To USA - Tips And Tricks For Immigrants by Danex17: 7:19pm On Aug 08, 2020
Nice thread
Re: Welcome To USA - Tips And Tricks For Immigrants by OGWILLS123: 12:31am On Sep 23, 2020
uchman:
Hello house, who is ready to go into used car scrapping business with me, it is very lucrative and less stressful business...

There is already 100 customers to each item imported.
The customer base is much and within 2 days a whole container is gone and cash paid in full...
grin
I bet you will enjoy the business because it is 90% better than car sales. angry
Explain more please
am interested
Re: Welcome To USA - Tips And Tricks For Immigrants by OGWILLS123: 12:32am On Sep 23, 2020
uchman:
Hello house, who is ready to go into used car scrapping business with me, it is very lucrative and less stressful business...

The customer base is much and within 2 days a whole container is gone and cash paid in full...
grin
I bet you will enjoy the business because it is 90% better than car sales. angry
Explain more about the business please
am interested
Re: Welcome To USA - Tips And Tricks For Immigrants by JWTheocracy1: 6:47am On Sep 23, 2020
uchman:

grin

I'm so interested in this... which state are you in? This is my most targeted biz here in the state. I will dm you.
Re: Welcome To USA - Tips And Tricks For Immigrants by godforus(m): 3:10pm On Sep 29, 2020
Happy birthday sir sevule
Re: Welcome To USA - Tips And Tricks For Immigrants by Cousin9999: 4:29pm On Sep 29, 2020
Most Americans aren't wrapped too tight. Just nod and smile, and keep it moving. lol
Re: Welcome To USA - Tips And Tricks For Immigrants by NCANCHAIR(m): 9:45pm On Sep 30, 2020
Good day Sir Awhile. I came across your thread today on Travel section and I was awed by your kind and explicit information you dished out. I have the plan of continuing my education in the United States. I want to take the IELTS test and I want to know everything that I ought to know about getting an F1 visa. Thanks in anticipation Sir.
sevule:

Sure, send me a PM
Re: Welcome To USA - Tips And Tricks For Immigrants by omolasmith(m): 11:57pm On Oct 07, 2021
Hi
Re: Welcome To USA - Tips And Tricks For Immigrants by Wiliyanahalowin: 11:12am On Sep 08, 2022
Is there any date for interview for the month of September?
Re: Welcome To USA - Tips And Tricks For Immigrants by Sisib15: 6:21pm On Apr 19, 2023
Please you did not finish your update. Please continue
sevule:
Shop at discount stores, warehouse clubs and outlet stores

I could probably write a whole thread on getting stuff at highly discounted prices in stores. Coming from Nigeria where I learned to haggle in open markets, the mindset of getting a good deal stuck with me. The great thing about America is that even though you generally don't haggle, you can get amazing discounts if you only know how and when to buy. I used to think that Walmart was one of the cheapest places to buy groceries, clothes etcetera, boy was I mistaken!! Here are some tips I learned

1. One of the cheapest stores for groceries in the USA is Aldi not Walmart. If you have an Aldi near where you live, do yourself a favor and pay them a visit. You will be amazed at their prices.

2. If you have a family you will get massive savings by joining a warehouse club. A warehouse club is basically a store that sell bulk items cheaper than regular stores. I tend to favor Costco over Sams Club because they have a much better selection of products. Not only is food cheaper, but electronics, gas(fuel), drugs and alcohol is also cheaper at warehouse clubs.

3. Outlet stores are stores that sell things like electronics, furniture, designer clothing, furniture etc at discounted prices. If oyu are looking to buy any of these things, you might want to check an outlet store first
Re: Welcome To USA - Tips And Tricks For Immigrants by sundid(m): 9:59pm On Apr 19, 2023
sevule:
Get a Green Card
This is definitely the most important step. It opens up doors that will for ever be closed without this little card. If you are on an F1 visa, you should start thinking about how you want to get your green card. Do you plan to get it through marriage or work? This topic alone should probably have its own thread. Because this topic is so large, I will leave it for last

OK

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Luxury Buses Banned In Kano State As Traders Lament / Pls Help Me From Transit Visa Wahala Before Chinese Visa Expires in 3days Time / Fatal Accident In Edo, Passengers Killed, Others Burnt. Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.