Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,777 members, 7,806,144 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:05 PM

Why Is It Hard To Find Good Business Ideas Here? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Is It Hard To Find Good Business Ideas Here? (1684 Views)

Why Is Money Hard To Find/get ? / Finding It Hard To Land Your First Gig On Upwork? Make sure you read this / How To Get The Perfect Startup Business Ideas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It Hard To Find Good Business Ideas Here? by iwatch: 6:24am On Mar 18, 2018
Most of the business information shared here can hardly get you a car or house of your own.

Why is it hard to find big business ideas such that when you carry them out you get paid as much as 500k and above and u can repeat this many times?

The business section is like small thinkers den and real rich business men are not here.

Don't take this personal, it is just my observation.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It Hard To Find Good Business Ideas Here? by polimaf(m): 6:38am On Mar 18, 2018
can you fund the big ideas? Let's do property development and I guarantee you will earn crazy ROI in a short time...
Re: Why Is It Hard To Find Good Business Ideas Here? by Coloradvantage(m): 6:55am On Mar 18, 2018
you are going to loose your money fast with this big thinkling idea of yours? you want to be bill gate and dangote. think big and start somerhing small. I started agricultural comodity trade with just 45000k about 4 years ago and if I tell you how it is..you will be m$arveled. you might call that small thinking. but seriously don't business is no rocket science you need wisdom, patience and consistency. and don't go and pump all your millions in the name of BIG ideas. it might not work. and one thing bussiness is more stressful than we all think. fact# many can't handle it

4 Likes

Re: Why Is It Hard To Find Good Business Ideas Here? by iwatch: 6:56am On Mar 18, 2018
polimaf:
can you fund the big ideas? Let's do property development and I guarantee you will earn crazy ROI in a short time...
I have what I am working on. I came to the realisation after watching Ymodulus grow and disappeared.
Re: Why Is It Hard To Find Good Business Ideas Here? by iwatch: 8:24am On Mar 18, 2018
Coloradvantage:
you are going to loose your money fast with this big thinkling idea of yours? you want to be bill gate and dangote. think big and start somerhing small. I started agricultural comodity trade with just 45000k about 4 years ago and if I tell you how it is..you will be m$arveled. you might call that small thinking. but seriously don't business is no rocket science you need wisdom, patience and consistency. and don't go and pump all your millions in the name of BIG ideas. it might not work. and one thing bussiness is more stressful than we all think. fact# many can't handle it

I am not instant gratification hunter if not I won't be waiting for almost one year just to get just get a paying client for my idea.

What I mean is that at least let the effort expended be worth the while such that when it is pay day, you can boast of something good.

How do you justify working tirelessly and get paid just 100k after months?
Re: Why Is It Hard To Find Good Business Ideas Here? by Coloradvantage(m): 8:37am On Mar 18, 2018
iwatch:

I am not instant gratification hunter if not I won't be waiting for almost one year just to get just get a paying client for my idea.

What I mean is that at least let the effort expended be worth the while such that when it is pay day, you can boast of something good.

How do you justify working tirelessly and get paid just 100k after months?

alright! now I know what you mean. easy! it's going to get there some day. luckily enough
Re: Why Is It Hard To Find Good Business Ideas Here? by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 8:43am On Mar 18, 2018
oboy soup wen sweet Na money kill am oo. d tuh is in Nigeria a lot of good business ventures most of us just lack d capital.
Re: Why Is It Hard To Find Good Business Ideas Here? by valdovas(m): 9:46am On Mar 18, 2018
JustCalMeDBoss:
oboy soup wen sweet Na money kill am oo. d tuh is in Nigeria a lot of good business ventures most of us just lack d capital.

like what, pls mention some good business ventures
Re: Why Is It Hard To Find Good Business Ideas Here? by akindlesfarm: 12:27pm On Mar 18, 2018
we're use to buying and selling in Nigeria, there's a great diff in business and entrepreneurship... the former can't make you rich except you are already rich and invest massively in it, while the later would make you rich if you're creative, innovative, prudent and wise.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Hard To Find Good Business Ideas Here? by iwatch: 12:37pm On Mar 18, 2018
akindlesfarm:
we're use to buying and selling in Nigeria, there's a great diff in business and entrepreneurship... the former can't make you rich except you are already rich and invest massively in it, while the later would make you rich if you're creative, innovative, prudent and wise.
mention one company in the world that isn't into buying and selling.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Hard To Find Good Business Ideas Here? by akindlesfarm: 12:54pm On Mar 18, 2018
iwatch:
mention one company in the world that isn't into buying and selling.

Facebook
uber
Microsoft
Linda ikeji blog
beside it not about buying or selling it how you buy and what you sell what you buy, for in instance Nigeria extract crude oil and sell to other countries whereas this countries refines it and sell for even more money.
Re: Why Is It Hard To Find Good Business Ideas Here? by iwatch: 1:17pm On Mar 18, 2018
akindlesfarm:

Facebook
uber
Microsoft
Linda ikeji blog
beside it not about buying or selling it how you buy and what you sell what you buy, for in instance Nigeria extract crude oil and sell to other countries whereas this countries refines it and sell for even more money.
to shock you, every company u listed sell something and they buy something... This is were most of you make the mistake when trying to define "entrepreneurship".

If u listed those up there as not into buying and selling, how do they make money?

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It Hard To Find Good Business Ideas Here? by akindlesfarm: 3:27pm On Mar 18, 2018
iwatch:
to shock you, everything company u listed sell something and they buy something... This is were most of you make the mistake when trying to define "entrepreneurship".

If u listed those up there as not into buying and selling, how do they make money?

you really don't have to think like that, to make money buying is not always necessary but selling. e.g knowledge, art, talent etc

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Hard To Find Good Business Ideas Here? by iwatch: 4:13pm On Mar 18, 2018
akindlesfarm:

you really don't have to think like that, to make money buying is not always necessary but selling. e.g knowledge, art, talent etc
how can you sell without buying?

The domain name Linda uses, hope you know she pays yearly renewals same goes for hosting? Internet data is not free either. She pays isp every month. I could go on and on.
Re: Why Is It Hard To Find Good Business Ideas Here? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Mar 18, 2018
iwatch:

The domain name Linda uses, hope you know she pays yearly renewals same goes for hosting? Internet data is not free either. She pays isp every month. I could go on and on.

nice one... they don't know

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Hard To Find Good Business Ideas Here? by akindlesfarm: 5:12pm On Mar 18, 2018
iwatch:

Who do you buy talent from? or are land manufactured, people make business out of selling there ancestral land. Do not get me wrong business and entrepreneurship requires capital... greatness are usually notable among entrepreneurs than businesses, there's more risk in entrepreneurship than in businesses. uber has no car but yet are the largest taxi company in the world because of innovation and creativity, do you know you cannot make an 100% profit in buying and selling but you can do so when it comes to information sharing.
A business man buys and sells cement for instance at a paltry sum of 50 naira as profit on each bag of cement where as a creative dude buys that cement convert it into something of more value and sell at a higher price making more money. so therefore if you're doing business have enough money to start with if you wanna grow fast but if you're entrepreneur you could grow very fast with the aid of partnership and investors.
Re: Why Is It Hard To Find Good Business Ideas Here? by knowledge4(m): 5:36pm On Mar 18, 2018
What do you call big business ideas?
Seems you seek 'get rich quick' business ideas that promise fantastic overnight rewards for little or no efforts?
Every business idea is a good idea if you can be patient and do what it takes to make the business work
Re: Why Is It Hard To Find Good Business Ideas Here? by generationz(f): 12:10pm On Aug 11, 2018
Coloradvantage:
what is this agric commodity trade all about

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Hard To Find Good Business Ideas Here? by iwatch: 8:28am On Aug 13, 2018
generationz:

what is this agric commodity trade all about
grin

You this woman, I dey fear u o lol. U had to scan my profile Fa? No wonder u nearly finish ritylove with wisdom. 2much Wisdom wee nor kee u o. That is good. Only smart and intelligent persons does that. How are u doing?
Re: Why Is It Hard To Find Good Business Ideas Here? by iwatch: 9:03am On Aug 13, 2018
Coloradvantage:
h

bros, there is what is call business models. Every businesses have a business model which follows a stipulated process.

Some business model yield better and faster than others...decide where you want to be...

Most Nigerians still think like their parents and it amazes me even when there is the internet to research better ways to do things.

I can't fault your thinking sha... This is Nigeria after all.

If tell you it is possible to make 3Million in 7 days you may doubt it like an average Nigerian does, but that is not possible without getting the foundation works done, which takes time and money too.

Technology has changed things, make use of it. Find hot in demand products and sell to the market. You will make money faster but finding this type of market depends on how trained your brain and mind works.

When I created this thread I was working on a different product idea/project but it was stalled due to scrutiny by the boss who has to go through every damn papers before making payments. I can't blame the man because they cheat him too much, including his own brothers. A lot of folKs were affected but my profit from there alone is enough to get nice house and car to boot.

While that one is still on, I came up with another idea in May and our first deal, after series of meetings, will be done this week and I get to walk away with nothing less than 1M for each deal done.

My capital? I have spent less than 100k so far but the good thing is I have people working hard to make sure it becomes a reality and they all get a cut commission wise on recurring basis.

I have also recruited almost all my friends from school to cover their states of residence.

Business model, technology makes things different.

When I see people say instant gratification and fast money blah blah... I laugh and I don't blame such because this is Nigeria where the average thinking hardly changes from days of our grand parents, even though times has changed the average Nigeriah hardly changes.

It is not hard for me to use what I know to raise capital bros. In 2012 a friend gave me 10k and 7 days later I had 80k from that money. I have done this many times.

This year I turned 4k to almost 300k naira (but it is an internet based kind of business). In 2016 I turned $350 to $2500 in same business, I have done this many times,

however I have taken a break from it to focus on the new business model I am working on (not intending to share this with the public, so no PM)

You see the meat business in Nigeria? I am going to change and revolutionize how meats are sold in this country. Let it be known that you read it here first.

Happy new week fam smiley
Re: Why Is It Hard To Find Good Business Ideas Here? by davisglee(f): 9:36am On Aug 13, 2018
Good morning bro, my name is Joy , I just finished going through this post. Please how were you able to use 4,000 to get 300,000. Am in need of a good business but don't have much capital to start.
Re: Why Is It Hard To Find Good Business Ideas Here? by generationz(f): 10:45am On Aug 13, 2018
iwatch:
grin

You this woman, I dey fear u o lol. U had to scan my profile Fa? No wonder u nearly finish ritylove with wisdom. 2much Wisdom wee nor kee u o. That is good. Only smart and intelligent persons does that. How are u doing?

looool

yes I did. its an habit I do it to anyone I'm talking to or giving advice to.

I'm fine dear.
Re: Why Is It Hard To Find Good Business Ideas Here? by iwatch: 3:55pm On Aug 13, 2018
generationz:

looool

yes I did. its an habit I do it to anyone I'm talking to or giving advice to.

I'm fine dear.
lol Na WA o. So what did you noticed that prompted you to check out my profile? Speak the truth and shame the devil tongue
Re: Why Is It Hard To Find Good Business Ideas Here? by generationz(f): 8:43pm On Aug 13, 2018
iwatch:
lol Na WA o. So what did you noticed that prompted you to check out my profile? Speak the truth and shame the devil tongue

I told you its a normal thing for me to do when chatting with someone here. no biggi

notice it was the topic you posted about business that caught my fancy, if it wasn't for that one you wouldn't even know .
Re: Why Is It Hard To Find Good Business Ideas Here? by iwatch: 9:27pm On Aug 13, 2018
generationz:

I told you its a normal thing for me to do when chatting with someone here. no biggi

notice it was the topic you posted about business that caught my fancy, if it wasn't for that one you wouldn't even know .
okay. i was just being naughty. have blissful week ahead.
Re: Why Is It Hard To Find Good Business Ideas Here? by generationz(f): 9:37pm On Aug 13, 2018
iwatch:
okay. i was just being naughty. have blissful week ahead.
you too dear
Re: Why Is It Hard To Find Good Business Ideas Here? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Aug 13, 2018
True the business and investment section on nairaland is depressing these days. No tangible ideas.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Hard To Find Good Business Ideas Here? by iwatch: 5:38am On Aug 14, 2018
Spygadgets19:
True the business and investment section on nairaland is depressing these days. No tangible ideas.
lol Na so

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is It Hard To Find Good Business Ideas Here? by Kissup(f): 11:06am On Aug 14, 2018
Rat business or cow business even mosquito business.God go help us
iwatch:
lol Na so

(1) (Reply)

Kuda Bank / Kenwood And Silver Crest Blenders Available On Pre-order / Charcoal Export

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.