Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,196 members, 7,807,667 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

"Why Tekno Rejected Quinbeee Debbie Ikoi" - Paul Gambit Reveals - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "Why Tekno Rejected Quinbeee Debbie Ikoi" - Paul Gambit Reveals (30432 Views)

Debbie, King Sunny Ade’s Daughter Weds Segun (Photos) / Pretty Mike: Clarence Peters, Paul Gambit, Omobonike Sleep With Video Vixens / Odumewu Debbie 'Pinki Debbie' To Break Guinness World Record For Longest Dance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Why Tekno Rejected Quinbeee Debbie Ikoi" - Paul Gambit Reveals by MissAprokoMedia(f): 3:05pm On Mar 18, 2018
Earlier this month, a Nigerian dark-skinned model called out Tekno and accused him of colorism for failing to give her a role in his music video because of her skin color. Read previous report here .

Now the director of the music video,
Paul Gambit has come to the defense of Tekno, stating why the singer refused to give the model a role in his music video.

Speaking with Sunday Scoop, he said:

“They say customers are always right. I cast someone for a role but the executive producer said she didn’t fit in with what he wanted for the project. He said he would have preferred her in another project. Do you expect me to start arguing with my client? I am the director, not the client who will pay for the job. I understand how she felt and we tried to talk about it.”

“I think it was her first experience because video vixens get rejected regularly but they don’t call out the artistes involved. Tekno and I have kept quiet about it, but to be honest with you, it was never about the colour of her skin.

“I was sad about the statement because I didn’t understand why she would go to that extent. As a man, don’t you have what you like in a girl? If you prefer slim ladies, does that mean fat ladies are bad? For almost four hours, we didn’t shoot because we were looking for someone who would fit what Tekno wanted,” he said.

“If you are a top artiste like Tekno, would you apologise when the lady didn’t give you audience. It is easier for people to say Tekno did something wrong until you put yourself in his situation. When we sent her details to Tekno, he was not totally sure about using her.”

“He said he would conclude on the day of the shoot; so, it was not 100 per cent certain that she would play the lead role. She just wanted to make everyone feel that it was about her colour. The simple truth is that her beauty was not the type Tekno was looking for; it doesn’t mean he didn’t see any beauty in her. Tekno had his preference for the shoot. I am sure the girl cannot date all the guys that come her way. She will have her taste as well.”

NEWS BY JOELSBLOG

https://joelsblog.com.ng/here-are-reasons-why-tekno-rejected-black-model-who-accused-him-of-skin-colour-discrimination-in-his-music-video-shoot/

11 Likes

Re: "Why Tekno Rejected Quinbeee Debbie Ikoi" - Paul Gambit Reveals by MissAprokoMedia(f): 3:05pm On Mar 18, 2018
Re: "Why Tekno Rejected Quinbeee Debbie Ikoi" - Paul Gambit Reveals by xxxtedyxxx(m): 3:07pm On Mar 18, 2018
useless people.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why Tekno Rejected Quinbeee Debbie Ikoi" - Paul Gambit Reveals by NwaAmaikpe: 3:07pm On Mar 18, 2018
shocked

I think it's the Nigerian inferiority complex factor.
Because it's a sin to be dark skinned; Tope Makinwa refused to be a sinner.
They love and worship light skinned folks.

I'm sure that's why B-Red remains Davido's favourite video vixen.

148 Likes 18 Shares

Re: "Why Tekno Rejected Quinbeee Debbie Ikoi" - Paul Gambit Reveals by taylor89(m): 3:10pm On Mar 18, 2018
Fuckkkk just dey hungry me this afternoon

I don't know if this girl below can help out before konji will tie my waist like wrapper

Somebody should help me and mention her on a post my hand is paining me

9 Likes

Re: "Why Tekno Rejected Quinbeee Debbie Ikoi" - Paul Gambit Reveals by stephleena(f): 3:10pm On Mar 18, 2018
hmmm,we know tekno has his choice but that doesn't stop the fact he rejected the vixen due to her dark skin,most naija musicians are guilty of this,singing songs in Yoruba or pidgin but still using white vixens calling them folake or ifunanya.

90 Likes 9 Shares

Re: "Why Tekno Rejected Quinbeee Debbie Ikoi" - Paul Gambit Reveals by MissAprokoMedia(f): 3:11pm On Mar 18, 2018
Lets just hope the video is making sense
Re: "Why Tekno Rejected Quinbeee Debbie Ikoi" - Paul Gambit Reveals by espn(m): 3:12pm On Mar 18, 2018
He doesn't want her for the project...simple...I don't like light skinned girls...I prefer the dark or ebony gals...but that doesn't translate to hating light skinned ladies..must people just attach sentiment to everything...kilode...

Moeover, is it your project or money...

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Why Tekno Rejected Quinbeee Debbie Ikoi" - Paul Gambit Reveals by MissAprokoMedia(f): 3:12pm On Mar 18, 2018
Lalasticlala
Re: "Why Tekno Rejected Quinbeee Debbie Ikoi" - Paul Gambit Reveals by taylor89(m): 3:13pm On Mar 18, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

U had better don't reveal ur identity someday

Because u go dey waka for street people wey u don bad mouth go come out in community and mass carry cutlass follow u

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why Tekno Rejected Quinbeee Debbie Ikoi" - Paul Gambit Reveals by stephleena(f): 3:22pm On Mar 18, 2018
taylor89:
Bleep just dey hungry me this afternoon

I don't know if this girl below can help out before konji will tie my waist like wrapper

Somebody should help me and mention her on a post my hand is paining me
u dey look for who to infect abi?have u treated the spots cluttered around ur"bitter-cane"?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why Tekno Rejected Quinbeee Debbie Ikoi" - Paul Gambit Reveals by OneCorner: 3:23pm On Mar 18, 2018
please who stole all d bleeps seun left here

2 Likes

Re: "Why Tekno Rejected Quinbeee Debbie Ikoi" - Paul Gambit Reveals by taylor89(m): 3:26pm On Mar 18, 2018
stephleena:

u dey look for who to infect abi?have u treated the spots cluttered around ur"bitter-cane"?

Jesus is Lord

No be me get the warts ooo

Na my neighbour say make i help am air as an OAP

My preek na brand-new one ooo
Re: "Why Tekno Rejected Quinbeee Debbie Ikoi" - Paul Gambit Reveals by DuruCrusher(m): 3:31pm On Mar 18, 2018
Na wa oh..... Na by force?....

2 Likes

Re: "Why Tekno Rejected Quinbeee Debbie Ikoi" - Paul Gambit Reveals by slightlyMad(f): 5:02pm On Mar 18, 2018
Does she accept every guy that comes her way? hmmm.
that is thoughtful.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why Tekno Rejected Quinbeee Debbie Ikoi" - Paul Gambit Reveals by MissAprokoMedia(f): 5:16pm On Mar 18, 2018
Lalasticlala
Re: "Why Tekno Rejected Quinbeee Debbie Ikoi" - Paul Gambit Reveals by partnerbiz4: 6:22pm On Mar 18, 2018
So make i fry kunu?
Re: "Why Tekno Rejected Quinbeee Debbie Ikoi" - Paul Gambit Reveals by miqos02(m): 8:16pm On Mar 18, 2018
Seen
Re: "Why Tekno Rejected Quinbeee Debbie Ikoi" - Paul Gambit Reveals by Newbeginnings(m): 8:16pm On Mar 18, 2018
Keep going place tekno and remember not to keep any babymama, it wouldn't make you more popular, because the most popular artist is simply married e.g Jay Z.

More On This
Apply Now For Free 2018 International Scholarships At Southern Cross University, Australia
http://www.menscabal.com/2018/01/study-in-australia-for-free.html

1 Like

Re: "Why Tekno Rejected Quinbeee Debbie Ikoi" - Paul Gambit Reveals by easybussiness: 8:17pm On Mar 18, 2018
Ooh no
Re: "Why Tekno Rejected Quinbeee Debbie Ikoi" - Paul Gambit Reveals by Nobody: 8:17pm On Mar 18, 2018
Some ladies are beginning to play excessive victims and it is irritating as fck!!!

Can't a young man have a choice?

11 Likes

Re: "Why Tekno Rejected Quinbeee Debbie Ikoi" - Paul Gambit Reveals by BiafranBushBoy: 8:18pm On Mar 18, 2018
wow.

I rather pass this night with this juicy story!!

How I dealt with my landlord's wife on bed
Re: "Why Tekno Rejected Quinbeee Debbie Ikoi" - Paul Gambit Reveals by KendrickAyomide: 8:18pm On Mar 18, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

. who spoil this Pikin did a very good job

2 Likes

Re: "Why Tekno Rejected Quinbeee Debbie Ikoi" - Paul Gambit Reveals by Gangster1ms: 8:18pm On Mar 18, 2018
Abeg fvck that ugly bvtch that can't handle rejection.. they think everyman wants them but tekno showed her she is nothing but sh!t. Weldone tekno.

This shouldn't even be a news undecided

4 Likes

Re: "Why Tekno Rejected Quinbeee Debbie Ikoi" - Paul Gambit Reveals by Authoreety: 8:18pm On Mar 18, 2018
Gangster1ms:
Abeg fvck that ugly bvtch that can't handle rejection.. they think everyman wants them but tekno showed her she is nothing but sh!t. Weldone tekno.

This shouldn't even be a news undecided

Exactly!

2 Likes

Re: "Why Tekno Rejected Quinbeee Debbie Ikoi" - Paul Gambit Reveals by Uyiii: 8:19pm On Mar 18, 2018
undecided

2 Likes

Re: "Why Tekno Rejected Quinbeee Debbie Ikoi" - Paul Gambit Reveals by Gangster1ms: 8:19pm On Mar 18, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

grin @B-red

2 Likes

Re: "Why Tekno Rejected Quinbeee Debbie Ikoi" - Paul Gambit Reveals by millomaniac: 8:20pm On Mar 18, 2018
I think the girl is not confident of her skin colour

2 Likes

Re: "Why Tekno Rejected Quinbeee Debbie Ikoi" - Paul Gambit Reveals by bigtt76(f): 8:20pm On Mar 18, 2018
A football club does not sign on players just because they look handsome naaaa ...we all this I wonder why we de complain. The vixen in question got good defense but poor attacking skills grin cheesy cheesy
Re: "Why Tekno Rejected Quinbeee Debbie Ikoi" - Paul Gambit Reveals by nairalanduseles: 8:22pm On Mar 18, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

even though most times u re biased i agree with u in toto this time

3 Likes

Re: "Why Tekno Rejected Quinbeee Debbie Ikoi" - Paul Gambit Reveals by tianshie(m): 8:22pm On Mar 18, 2018
This is a thoughtless reply that clarifies nothing. Jabberjaw.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Monalisa Chinda Visits Kirikiri Prison, Lagos / Uche Nwaezeapu And Lauren Agokei White Wedding Photos / Matthew Rodriguez: Uche Jombo Shares Photos Of Her Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.