Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,535 members, 7,808,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

Thank God For Slavery! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Thank God For Slavery! (4663 Views)

Thank God! Finally I Don Port! From Atheism To Jesus! Update* Conversion Story. / Does The Bible Advocate For Slavery? / Thank God For Slavery- A Case Of Religion Turning Blacks To Fools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thank God For Slavery! by CuteMadridista: 8:52pm On Mar 18, 2018
winner01:

Christians are people who want to be like Christ. We all know the type of life Christ lived. grin
The same Christ that saw nothing wrong in slavery? let's see how much dishonest statements you'll make

If Christians created a mess and cleared their own mess, what is your issue undecided

Slavery predates Christianity, Christians ended slavery.
Oga, Christians that are against slavery are against it inspite of Christianity not because of it so this is nonsense

Where is atheism or atheists in all of this? Why can't you tell us what atheism has done or what it can make you do?
Does atheism just make you a talkative and nothing more? grin
Another attempt to shift, this discussion is really making you uncomfortable haha

1 Like

Re: Thank God For Slavery! by CuteMadridista: 8:53pm On Mar 18, 2018
ameri9ja:

The Bible is a BOOK that has been around for millenia, and, like anything that has to do with man, could have easily been corrupted.
True Christianity is guided by spirit not book.
And things like slavery and other human atrocities are immediately repugnant to that spirit.

Lmao! can you elucidate sir
Re: Thank God For Slavery! by vaxx: 8:53pm On Mar 18, 2018
Evolution of Christianity contribute to the abolition of slavery, but the concept of slavery is clearly imprinted in the bible which majority of the Christians do not follow no more

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thank God For Slavery! by ameri9ja: 8:54pm On Mar 18, 2018
CuteMadridista:

Oga, you're just trying hard to distance yourself from the slavery endorsing bible cuz you're ashamed your god could've endorsed such a barbaric practice.

Your seeing it as a "sin" proves you have the qualities of a good person whose actions are compatible with modern civilization.

The Bible is a BOOK that has been around for millenia, and, like anything that has to do with man, could have easily been corrupted.
And things like slavery and other human atrocities are immediately repugnant to that spirit.
Re: Thank God For Slavery! by winner01(m): 8:56pm On Mar 18, 2018
CuteMadridista:

The same Christ that saw nothing wrong in slavery? let's see how much dishonest statements you'll make

Oga, Christians that are against slavery are against it inspite of Christianity not because of it so this is nonsense

Another attempt to shift, this discussion is really making you uncomfortable haha
Who cares about shifting? What did atheism do about slavery?

Answer that reasonably, only then can you qualify for any discussion with a christian on slavery.

What did atheism do about slavery grin

1 Like

Re: Thank God For Slavery! by CuteMadridista: 8:57pm On Mar 18, 2018
vaxx:
Evolution of Christianity contribute to the abolition of slavery, but the concept of slavery is clearly imprinted in the bible which majority of the Christians do not follow no more

Christians on this thread who keeps screaming "Christians fought against slavery" are ignoring the simple fact that "Christians fought FOR slavery too" those in support of slavery at the time were also majorly Christians and dare I say those that were fighting in support actually have their stand backed by the Bible

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thank God For Slavery! by ameri9ja: 8:57pm On Mar 18, 2018
CuteMadridista:

Lmao! can you elucidate sir

There is nothing to elicidate. It is self-explanatory.
THE BIBLE IS A BOOK. CHRISTIANITY IS GUIDED BY SPIRIT.
Re: Thank God For Slavery! by CuteMadridista: 8:58pm On Mar 18, 2018
winner01:
Who cares about shifting? What did atheism do about slavery?

Answer that reasonably, only then can you qualify for any discussion with a christian on slavery.

What did atheism do about slavery grin

another shifting attempt, I'm not entertaining it smiley
Re: Thank God For Slavery! by winner01(m): 8:59pm On Mar 18, 2018
ameri9ja:

You get time sha. Turn their question on them. Atheists don't like to speak about what atheism can do or has done. Its a void and odious worldview. They become dumb when you ask them questions on atheism. Do not honour them by discussing religion with them.
Re: Thank God For Slavery! by ameri9ja: 9:00pm On Mar 18, 2018
CuteMadridista:

Christians on this thread who keeps screaming "Christians fought against slavery" are ignoring the simple fact that "Christians fought FOR slavery too" those in support of slavery at the time were also majorly Christians and dare I say those that were fighting in support actually have their stand backed by the Bible

It's like like saying Christians commit robberies too.
The mere fact u r commuting robbery means u don't have the spirit of chistianity.
Re: Thank God For Slavery! by TrajansKong: 9:01pm On Mar 18, 2018
ameri9ja:

U don't understand because u r not a christian. There is a spirit that goes with being a christian that has nothing to do with the bible or any other book.
The idea of enslaving another human being is totally odious to that spirit.

Please!!! At the very least, read your magic book. The rules for owning, beating and selling people and their children were given by your god to his people and, by extension, to oyinbo and yourself as an even more turbo-charged believer.

Read your damn Bible! Enslaving others is a fundamental tenet of your faith.

1 Like

Re: Thank God For Slavery! by vaxx: 9:02pm On Mar 18, 2018
ameri9ja:

There is nothing to elicidate. It is self-explanatory.
THE BIBLE IS A BOOK. CHRISTIANITY IS GUIDED BY SPIRIT.
God bless you with this statement.
Re: Thank God For Slavery! by CuteMadridista: 9:04pm On Mar 18, 2018
ameri9ja:

The mere fact u r commuting robbery means u don't have the spirit of chistianity.

If a Christian commits robbery then its obvious he's sinned as its written in black and white in the Bible that it's a sin

however slavery was endorsed in the Bible so how you moved from "Slavery is okay" in the Bible to "Its a sin" is what I find baffling and conjuring one spirit does nothing to buttress your point but a copout attempt that fails before it even gets off

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thank God For Slavery! by winner01(m): 9:05pm On Mar 18, 2018
TrajansKong:

Please!!! At the very least, read your magic book. The rules for owning, beating and selling people and their children were given by your god to his people and, by extension, to oyinbo and yourself as an even more turbo-charged believer.

How about atheists actions on this thread?
What motivated them?::

https://www.nairaland.com/3176513/atheist-murderers-past-present-murderous

grin grin grin
Re: Thank God For Slavery! by CuteMadridista: 9:06pm On Mar 18, 2018
winner01:
[s]How about atheists actions on this thread?
What motivated them?::

https://www.nairaland.com/3176513/atheist-murderers-past-present-murderous

grin grin grin[/s]

Keep raising strawman wink
Re: Thank God For Slavery! by TrajansKong: 9:10pm On Mar 18, 2018
ameri9ja:

Why r u lying to yourself? The missionaries that took Christianity to Africa did so at great personal loss and risk. Had nothing to do with slavery. Chistianity constrained what would have been outright barbarism durring slavery.

I'll give you a second chance to answer the question you are struggling with. This is not a 'trick' question.

We came to Jesus through slavery, mass-rape and colonialism: Is your personal salvation through 'knowledge' of Jesus Christ worth the bloodshed and rape of our brothers and sisters

My broda, what say you?

1 Like

Re: Thank God For Slavery! by ameri9ja: 9:10pm On Mar 18, 2018
TrajansKong:

Why r u obsessed with book. The same book also says we should stone people to death for various sins - something totally odious to the christian spirit. I can assure u, if a slave owner imbibes the Spirit of Christ, he won't be a slave owner for long. He CAN'T!
Re: Thank God For Slavery! by winner01(m): 9:13pm On Mar 18, 2018
CuteMadridista:

Keep raising strawman wink
grin grin

Chief evader grin

I hail you Sir grin

1 Like

Re: Thank God For Slavery! by CuteMadridista: 9:13pm On Mar 18, 2018
ameri9ja:

Why r u obsessed with book. The same book also says we should stone people to death for various sins - something totally odious to the christian spirit. I can assure u, if a slave owner imbibes the Spirit of Christ, he won't be a slave owner for long. He CAN'T!

No matter where you run to you'll meet me there!

Jesus was obviously against stoning people to death as the story of the adulterous woman showed so any Christian that advocates stoning someone to death is going against what the bible says

slavery however.......
Re: Thank God For Slavery! by TrajansKong: 9:14pm On Mar 18, 2018
CuteMadridista:
I'm saying the bible endorsed slavery so any Christian against it does so inspite of it not because of it. you're busy fighting a strawman you put up yourself

If you were a Christian you'd be a saint!! You have such polite patience with morons.
Re: Thank God For Slavery! by ameri9ja: 9:14pm On Mar 18, 2018
TrajansKong:

I'll give you a second chance to answer the question you are struggling with. This is not a 'trick' question.

We came to Jesus through slavery, mass-rape and colonialism: Is your personal salvation through 'knowledge' of Jesus Christ worth the bloodshed and rape of our brothers and sisters

My broda, what say you?

Our brothers and sisters would have had it much worse but for Christianity. They probably would have been used as human sacrifices to various gods. Most early civil rights leaders were pastors. Stop lying to yourself.
Re: Thank God For Slavery! by winner01(m): 9:14pm On Mar 18, 2018
ameri9ja:

Don't forget that Christ stood against religious zealots ready ti stone an adulterous woman to death.
Atheists may tell you Christ stood against the Bible grin
Re: Thank God For Slavery! by CuteMadridista: 9:19pm On Mar 18, 2018
TrajansKong:

If you were a Christian you'd be a saint!! You have such polite patience with morons.

Lol, I'm only taking part in this for the readers, I know Christians on this thread are being dishonest. imagine one says their morals have nothing to do with the Bible but I'm almost certain if we run through his posting history we'll see instances of him quoting bible to show something is wrong but the Bible became irrelevant when it comes to slavery

The other Christian is trying hard to bring atheism into this as the conversation feels uncomfortable for him but none of us are having it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thank God For Slavery! by CuteMadridista: 9:22pm On Mar 18, 2018
winner01:
grin grin

Chief evader grin

I hail you Sir grin

If my avoiding your shifting attempt makes me a chief evader then I'm a proud one wink
Re: Thank God For Slavery! by ameri9ja: 9:24pm On Mar 18, 2018
CuteMadridista:

No matter where you run to you'll meet me there!

Jesus was obviously against stoning people to death as the story of the adulterous woman showed so any Christian that advocates stoning someone to death is going against what the bible says

slavery however.......

Was Lord Jesus also for making Sunday the Sabat?
If He was for slavery how come He had none and we're supposed to be like him. How come in all His preaching He never said slavery was ok.
Point is, true christian spirit would immediate find the idea slavery odious, regardless of what the Bible says or doesn't say.
Re: Thank God For Slavery! by CuteMadridista: 9:31pm On Mar 18, 2018
ameri9ja:

Was Lord Jesus also for making Sunday the Sabat?
If He was for slavery how come He had none and we're supposed to be like him. How come in all His preaching He never said slavery was ok.
Point is, true christian spirit would immediate find the idea slavery odious, regardless of what the Bible says or doesn't say.

So something being good or bad has nothing to do with the Bible but some invisible spirit that resides in your head? okay, keep telling yourself that and I'm actually okay with it so long barbaric nonsense endorsed in the bible like slavery isn't supported by the voices in your head

About sabat, obviously Jesus was against the strictness with which sabbath was being done so its not surprising seeing it move read your bible
Re: Thank God For Slavery! by ameri9ja: 9:35pm On Mar 18, 2018
CuteMadridista:

If a Christian commits robbery then its obvious he's sinned as its written in black and white in the Bible that it's a sin

however slavery was endorsed in the Bible so how you moved from "Slavery is okay" in the Bible to "Its a sin" is what I find baffling and conjuring one spirit does nothing to buttress your point but a copout attempt that fails before it even gets off

Bros, once again, true Christianity is guided by spirit. Slavery will never be ok to a true christian.
It'd be immediately repugnant to him - a clear sin. Example, not keeping the Sabat on Saturday is also a "sin" but the spirit allows it.
There are so many laws in OT that were not explitly abolished by Christ or anybody but by spirit we know not to obey them.
Re: Thank God For Slavery! by CuteMadridista: 9:38pm On Mar 18, 2018
ameri9ja:

Bros, once again, true Christianity is guided by spirit. Slavery will never be ok to a true christian.
It'd be immediately repugnant to him - a clear sin. Example, not keeping the Sabat on Saturday is also a "sin" but the spirit allows it.
There are so many laws in OT that were not explitly abolished by Christ or anybody but by spirit we know not to obey them.

Jesus was obviously against the way Sabbath was being done, read your bible

I think I'm done here

Cheers, HopefulLandlord
Re: Thank God For Slavery! by TrajansKong: 9:38pm On Mar 18, 2018
ameri9ja:

No. No. No.

It's like saying Christians were enslavers and the spirit of Christianity as commanded by your god of your bible explicitly commanded and instituted slavery! This is the point of the thread. We are Christians ONLY through the slavery and torture of our kinfolk.

It is that simple.

1 Like

Re: Thank God For Slavery! by ameri9ja: 9:40pm On Mar 18, 2018
CuteMadridista:

So something being good or bad has nothing to do with the Bible but some invisible spirit that resides in your head? okay, keep telling yourself that and I'm actually okay with it so long barbaric nonsense endorsed in the bible like slavery isn't supported by the voices in your head

About sabat, obviously Jesus was against the strictness with which sabbath was being done so its not surprising seeing it move read your bible

You can't understand a living spirit inside u, hence u KNOW what is right or wrong, not because it is written anywhere. Christ nor any other biblical person endorsed moving the Sabat to Sunday. Explain that.
Re: Thank God For Slavery! by ameri9ja: 9:45pm On Mar 18, 2018
TrajansKong:

No. No. No.

It's like saying Christians were enslavers and the spirit of Christianity as commanded by your god of your bible explicitly commanded and instituted slavery! This is the point of the thread. We are Christians ONLY through the slavery and torture of our kinfolk.

It is that simple.

Have u lost it? U seem to be talking gibberish.
You can't be a robber and claim to be a Christian at the same time. The two are incompatible. So is enslaving another human being. It is repugnant to true christian spirit, regardless of what any book says.
Re: Thank God For Slavery! by ameri9ja: 9:48pm On Mar 18, 2018
CuteMadridista:

Jesus was obviously against the way Sabbath was being done, read your bible

I think I'm done here

Cheers, HopefulLandlord

Christ never said move the Sabat to Sunday.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

One With God Is Majority / Job 22:28: Did God Tell Us To Decree And Declare When We Pray? / Pst. Paul Rika's Revelation About Pastor W.F Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Bible Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.