Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,220 members, 7,780,419 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:55 PM

Do You Know Your Purpose In Life Or Do You Feel You Need Help Finding Direction? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Do You Know Your Purpose In Life Or Do You Feel You Need Help Finding Direction? (784 Views)

Man Searching For His Nigerian Father, He Needs Help Finding Him... (pictures) / Do These Broadcast Messages Ever Really Help To Save A Life Or Something? / What Are Your Goals in Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Know Your Purpose In Life Or Do You Feel You Need Help Finding Direction? by Naijagal12(f): 1:15am On May 03, 2010
What's your view on life? Do you ever question why we're here (on Earth)? what our purpose in life is? Do you feel life is a Herculean task and is much to do about nothing. . .  because life sucks, then you die? If so what do you thing it will take for you to be in a good place---it could be money, happiness, complacency, forgiveness, getting over a life changing experience you endured or a mistake you made and wish you could go back in time and rewrite history. Do you feel pressed or summoned to do things, for instance going to school, getting a job, doing chores or are you in good place and feel you have a good grasp on life? If so how did you get to that point? Was it through experience, self-acceptance. . . please share your experience.

I read this book---A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle a couple of months ago and I gotta say it's a fantastic piece of psycho-literature. This book is a profound spiritual manifesto, it is truly food for the soul. It's enlightening and uplifting powerful ideas on how to transcend our state of consciousness changed my entire outlook on life. It's a good read loaded with priceless wisdom. If you read this book what's your take on it, what did it teach you about life if anything?
Re: Do You Know Your Purpose In Life Or Do You Feel You Need Help Finding Direction? by DrFerlie(m): 1:28am On May 03, 2010
Naijagal12:

I read this book---A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle a couple of months ago and I gotta say it's a fantastic piece of psycho-literature. This book is a profound spiritual manifesto, it is truly food for the soul. It's enlightening and uplifting powerful ideas on how to transcend our state of consciousness changed my entire outlook on life. It's a good read loaded with priceless wisdom. If you read this book what's your take on it, what did it teach you about life if anything?

This is the book I am currently reading. I have learnt about Ego-its content and structure, how to identify when Ego is at work and how to handle it. It has drawn my attention to AWARENESS especially in the ever busy mind activity.
Re: Do You Know Your Purpose In Life Or Do You Feel You Need Help Finding Direction? by henryone(m): 9:08am On May 03, 2010
where can I get this book. am in lagos wants to read it.
Re: Do You Know Your Purpose In Life Or Do You Feel You Need Help Finding Direction? by Naijagal12(f): 3:35pm On May 04, 2010
^^^ I'm not sure where you can get this book in Lagos, probably at a book store or library. I bought my copy online.
Re: Do You Know Your Purpose In Life Or Do You Feel You Need Help Finding Direction? by iice(f): 12:03pm On May 05, 2010
Dr Ferlie:

This is the book I am currently reading. I have learnt about Ego-its content and structure, how to identify when Ego is at work and how to handle it. It has drawn my attention to AWARENESS especially in the ever busy mind activity.

shocked shocked grin grin

(1) (Reply)

2011 Niit Scholarship Programme. Who's Interested / General / Dumbest Topic Ever?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.