Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,202 members, 7,807,683 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:19 PM

Hundreds Protest, Walk Against Rape In Lagos (photos) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Hundreds Protest, Walk Against Rape In Lagos (photos) (33840 Views)

Priscilla Ojong Still Missing - Friends Of UNICROSS Student Stage Protest Walk / Beauty Queens Join NGO To Protest Against Rape In Convoy Of Exotic Cars In Abuja / Gang Rape In Enugu Secondary Schools: JSS Students Initiated Into Viron Queens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hundreds Protest, Walk Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by tgmservice: 4:33pm On Mar 19, 2018
They should take their protest somewhere else joor

For my street for surulere girls dey beg me make i bang dem on a daily bases after my girl started talking about about my manhood size.

Sometimes big dick na curse.
Re: Hundreds Protest, Walk Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 4:41pm On Mar 19, 2018
olabrad:

You should also say no to indecency in dressing. You will be addressed the way you dress
I am sure minors that are abused dress indencently there is no excuse for rape.

1 Like

Re: Hundreds Protest, Walk Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by yorex2011: 4:41pm On Mar 19, 2018
Wasky101:

Nice one, I have been thinking about this for a while. You want consent to have sex but you will unilaterally go and have a baby and come back and be forcing it on some one

Is it possible for a lady to have a baby without your consent.. I thought there are condoms for that. Cos me thinks the only reason why you would ejac in a lady is because you want to get her pregnant
Re: Hundreds Protest, Walk Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by olabrad: 4:46pm On Mar 19, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

You can't eat your cake and expect that you will still have it. To every action, there must be an equal and opposite reaction.

Dress decently and the chances of rape will reduce

1 Like

Re: Hundreds Protest, Walk Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by Wasky101: 4:51pm On Mar 19, 2018
yorex2011:

Is it possible for a lady to have a baby without your consent.. I thought there are condoms for that. Cos me thinks the only reason why you would ejac in a lady is because you want to get her pregnant
Yes brother it is possible, female contraceptives, and even if I but inside of you but we both agree that you use drugs but u don't and go ahead to keep it. Just saying this is a human life you need me to be OK with it
Re: Hundreds Protest, Walk Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by SamgoldBaba: 4:54pm On Mar 19, 2018
Typing against rape SAY NO TO RAPE Say no to sexual violence
Re: Hundreds Protest, Walk Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 4:54pm On Mar 19, 2018
olabrad:

You can't eat your cake and expect that you will still have it. To every action, there must be an equal and opposite reaction.

Wrong misconception some ladies who have been raped dressed decently and still got the after effect so it holds no water.But with the society we are in they would ask the lady or blame her because of her dressing indecent dressing is just an excuse used by rapist.

1 Like

Re: Hundreds Protest, Walk Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by Ellabae(f): 4:57pm On Mar 19, 2018
Rape can never be justified. No one deserve to be raped.
Re: Hundreds Protest, Walk Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by Ellabae(f): 4:57pm On Mar 19, 2018
Rape can never be justified. No one deserve to be raped.
Re: Hundreds Protest, Walk Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by Sirpaul(m): 4:58pm On Mar 19, 2018
You need Jesus. Evil mind
Luukasz:
Then you end up behind bars.. rapist
Re: Hundreds Protest, Walk Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by Ngokafor(f): 5:16pm On Mar 19, 2018
olabrad:

You can only say this because of the lawless country we are in -Nigeria...

Try raping a girl abroad and you will end in jail for a long time....Besides all the kids you lots have been raping,do they dress 'indecently' too.??...perverts everywhere.
Re: Hundreds Protest, Walk Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by tizzle(m): 5:21pm On Mar 19, 2018
How do deal with a girl who says no and still sticks ur d**k in her p*ssy?? Is no no?
Re: Hundreds Protest, Walk Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by IVORY2009(m): 5:24pm On Mar 19, 2018
Proudlyngwa:
Rubbish protest
When that uber driver and his mates walked in solidarity, some useless girls here were asking why they noise, is it all of them that was accused, now I want to ask why the noise is it all of them that has been raped.

While they are at it, they should also protest against false accusation of rape, emotional and psychological blackmail as well as saying no to being spent on.

Once again useless protest.

Must u do this?
Re: Hundreds Protest, Walk Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by taurusdude0(m): 5:31pm On Mar 19, 2018
nairavsdollars:
the black dude with shades looks like an authentic rapist yet he is leading the protest against rape..

My advice: They should take their rally to the North where Alhajis are raping underage girls

Haba dem write rapist for person face again undecided
Re: Hundreds Protest, Walk Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by Xisnin(m): 5:38pm On Mar 19, 2018
olabrad:

You should also say no to indecency in dressing. You will be addressed the way you dress
Mr. rapist defender, there is no right to rape.
Re: Hundreds Protest, Walk Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by taurusdude0(m): 5:38pm On Mar 19, 2018
yorex2011:

SMH some guys are just stupid,use condom!, No! Buy drugs No money and one pig will ask why she got pregnant.
Re: Hundreds Protest, Walk Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by Nobodys(f): 5:40pm On Mar 19, 2018
Bebson007:
what of when girls rape guys
carry a bill board with d saying " My no is NO"..... ,press charges,etc..........

Rape is serious and it's happening everyday expecially to young children buh it seems like we are not ready to bring a change...you see a topic like this and you expect appreciation towards the concept buh noooo go through the comments and it's 70 % crap...like what is wrong with us for real....is it until it happens to out sister's or children before we have sense......one up there is talking about receiving money and saying no when it get to d real deal, like hello o ,did she force d money from u....?. u had d ryt to say no....

God help us..... rape , child abuse is really really not looked into in this country....it's sad....and I mean raping boys and girls....no matter what u have done for him or her...No is No...whether she calls u a weakling afterwards no problem....once There is a No....forget it......

1 Like

Re: Hundreds Protest, Walk Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by abefeb1(m): 5:51pm On Mar 19, 2018
the lady in the first pix is too pretty o
Re: Hundreds Protest, Walk Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by ABDNZ: 6:04pm On Mar 19, 2018
So hw about a babe dat is on top doing d gyration and all and still saying no, is her no too still a no?

1 Like

Re: Hundreds Protest, Walk Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by Xisnin(m): 6:04pm On Mar 19, 2018
Proudlyngwa:
Rubbish protest
When that uber driver and his mates walked in solidarity, some useless girls here were asking why they noise, is it all of them that was accused, now I want to ask why the noise is it all of them that has been raped.

While they are at it, they should also protest against false accusation of rape, emotional and psychological blackmail as well as saying no to being spent on.

Once again useless protest.

A coward that you are, why don't you go out and protest against "false accusation"?
At least, these girls stand for something but you are just an internet troll who thinks raping is his right.
Whenever I see your type hiding behind "force accusations", all I see are bunch of rapists or potential
rapists trying to protect their future.
Re: Hundreds Protest, Walk Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by Xisnin(m): 6:05pm On Mar 19, 2018
Bebson007:
what of when girls rape guys
I will be expecting your billboard next week. Make sure you post the pics on Nairaland.
Re: Hundreds Protest, Walk Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by Xisnin(m): 6:10pm On Mar 19, 2018
gwmlogistic:
Nice one. In view of all of this consent thing(which is extremely tricky). How about women who intentionally get pregnant for guys without their consent(just to trap them) to having a baby and then string you along by force, shouldn't guys be able to give consent to having a baby too

Wasky101:

Nice one, I have been thinking about this for a while. You want consent to have sex but you will unilaterally go and have a baby and come back and be forcing it on some one

Stop muddying, how dare you compare pregnancy borne out of voluntary relationship to rape?
Were you forced to sleep with her without protection?
The painful thing is that no one is forcing any Nigerian man to accept a pregnancy, if it is that
way there won't be single moms struggling to raise their children alone.
Re: Hundreds Protest, Walk Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by yorex2011: 6:17pm On Mar 19, 2018
Wasky101:

Yes brother it is possible, female contraceptives, and even if I but inside of you but we both agree that you use drugs but u don't and go ahead to keep it. Just saying this is a human life you need me to be OK with it

Its always best to be in control... Use CD or withdraw (if you have experience and are disciplined). Asking her to use drugs or all that is relinquishing control... Risky stuff
Re: Hundreds Protest, Walk Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by kense88: 6:24pm On Mar 19, 2018
Foolish ladies! So, of all the problems facing this country, rape/sexual molestation(of which some of them participate actively in male child molestation) is at the top of there priority. Am sure over 70% doesn't have voters card. They should stop disturbing public peace abeg.
Re: Hundreds Protest, Walk Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:00pm On Mar 19, 2018
Xisnin:

A coward that you are, why don't you go out and protest against "false accusation"?
At least, these girls stand for something but you are just an internet troll who thinks raping is his right.
Whenever I see your type hiding behind "force accusations", all I see are bunch of rapists or potential
rapists trying to protect their future.

You have a very big comprehension problem and lack home training you did not read where I said there was a protest against false accusation, and ladies came out to condemn it and tag it unnecessary, that it is not all men that have been falsely accused of rape, therefore why should they support someone who was accused.
It is asslickers like you, that fuel gender inequality with your biased and warped mentality and lack of understanding.

5 Likes

Re: Hundreds Protest, Walk Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by rickyrex(m): 7:51pm On Mar 19, 2018
That dude in the midst of those ladis look like one begging to be raped
Re: Hundreds Protest, Walk Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by bukatyne(f): 8:04pm On Mar 19, 2018
soberdrunk:
They should also educate young ladies that their "No" should be "No" before they collect iphone, go shopping, spend a man's hard earned money, and send the 'wrong signals'. The bitter truth is some ladies incite rape by sending the 'wrong signals'(this is not victim shaming)our elders have a saying 'you dont smell what you don't intend to eat'........ angry

I 100% agree with you.
Re: Hundreds Protest, Walk Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by bukatyne(f): 8:12pm On Mar 19, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

I wouldn't want to mix raping of underaged kids and forceful sex (leading to injuries) with no is no aka consent discussion.

It muddles the whole pot.

Every sane person will condemn the first part.

The fact that girls have not learnt that the right to say no comes with the responsibility of not giving wrong cues will always make consent discussions subjective.

3 Likes

Re: Hundreds Protest, Walk Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by Wasky101: 9:08pm On Mar 19, 2018
Xisnin:

Stop muddying, how dare you compare pregnancy borne out of voluntary relationship to rape?
Were you forced to sleep with her without protection?
The painful thing is that no one is forcing any Nigerian man to accept a pregnancy, if it is that
way there won't be single moms struggling to raise their children alone.
Ohhhh broda, that's where you get it wrong, they are doing more than forcing, even going diabolical. This is a life we are talking about, whatever happens in d bedroom ends there, if you want to bring life into this world both parties must consent to it
Re: Hundreds Protest, Walk Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by Tonybelief(m): 9:10pm On Mar 19, 2018
Actually every sexual intercourse is often regarded as RAPE because wife at home don't oblige to this act always.There is ILLEGAL RAPE AND LEGAL RAPE.Please help me ask FUNKE AKINDELE the one she is protesting about!!
Re: Hundreds Protest, Walk Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by BABYOLICO(f): 11:05pm On Mar 19, 2018
evanso6226:
Renowned Nigeria social media influencers, advocates, celebrities and concerned Nigerians took to the street of Lagos sparking spontaneous protests against rape, assault and domestic violence.

They joined several concerned Nigerians from different sectors of the society to create awareness and encourage victims to speak up.
The seventh edition of the much awaited walk against rape campaign was held on Wednesday, March 15th 2018 in support of the ongoing war against rape in the country and in commemoration of the International Women’s Day.

The walk which is aimed at creating awareness and lending a voice to sexually abused persons (particularly women and children) in the society was a huge success as people came out enmasse to participate and speak up against rape.

The hashtag #Walkaagainstrape didn’t only dominate social media conversations on Wednesday, but it also trended on social media.

According to the National Coordinator, Walk Against Rape, Esther Ijewere:”We appreciate Governor Akinwunmi Ambode for his recent declaration of 25 years jail term for rapist and perpetrators of all forms of domestic violence.

However we have this one demand to make and it is for the REJUVENATION OF THE JUSTICE SYSTEM AND LAWS!, There should be a more transparent justice system to tackle sexual crimes, create and enforce existing laws that protect women from discrimination and violence, including rape, poundings, torture and all forms of verbal abuse. We call on the government to revive the justice system for people to have firm faith in it.

Project Fame Finalist, singer and actress, Immaculate Edache who was also part of the Walk Against Rape said:” Rape is an unjustified act that is injurious to the human soul. Therefore rape is a crime that shouldn’t be taken lightly”.

The walk cum demonstration started from the Archbishop Vining Memorial church (AVMC) ground and ended at the Ministry of Women Affairs, Alausa, Ikeja.

The feedback, engagement and interaction gotten from the walk indicates that more and more awareness needs to be created in order to combat the scourge of rape.

Walk Against Rape is organised by Rubies Ink Initiative for Women and Children annually since 2010

source: http://www.clintgist.com/hundreds-protest-walk-rape-lagos/

cc: lalasticlala

I see you all sis
fin hug
Re: Hundreds Protest, Walk Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by Goldaccumulator: 11:54pm On Mar 19, 2018
Some bitches deserve gang rape. All those ones that think they can bill u for iPhone x.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Arrested With 114 Bags On Weed In Ogun State (photo) / Armed Robbery Suspect And 80-year-old Armourer Arrested In Delta / Ekpan Grammar School, Delta Fight After WAEC Exam : Photo + Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.