Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,890 members, 7,806,581 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:37 PM

Atheists Let's Discuss God. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Let's Discuss God. (9111 Views)

Global Study: Atheists In Massive Decline, Only 1.8% Of World Population By 2020 / Atheists And Morality. A Question! / Why Do The Atheists Bother If They Don't Believe? Here Is Why. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by butterflylion: 8:26pm On Mar 19, 2018
budaatum:

If you wish to discuss with me, you will please stop imposing your definitions on me. I do not lack belief in gods. I claim gods do not exist. Do note that they may not exist and one can believe in them anyway.

Gods only exist in the minds of those who create them. They don't exist outside the minds of their creators. That is my opinion and the reason I am seen as an atheist.

In other words you REJECT the existence of God or gods. Same thing I said!

Would it be fair if we simply sweep all the 4999 gods under the carpet without giving them a chance to prove or disprove their own existence? smiley

Can you show me how you went through the entire 4999 gods and knew they all exist in the minds of men.

I wish to learn.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by budaatum: 8:28pm On Mar 19, 2018
butterflylion:

At the words in bold, I did not make that assertion, YOU DID. So remember our mantra "he who makes the claim must drop his shame and show proof". So fire away with how you arrived at this "fact" that all 4999 gods are human creations that exist in human minds.
This assertion is not one that can be subjected to pirate flagism. If it could, then all your assertions would have been flagged too, which I think would have been rather juvenile.

That said however, please go through my previous posts for the facts that have led me to this conclusion. I refuse to go over things I have gone over very many times in numerous threads in the past with you.
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by butterflylion: 8:30pm On Mar 19, 2018
budaatum:

This assertion is not one that can be subjected to pirate flagism. If it could, then all your assertions would have been flagged too, which I think would have been rather juvenile.

That said however, please go through my previous posts for the facts that have led me to this conclusion. I refuse to go over things I have gone over very many times in numerous threads in the past with you.

You have never gone over this with me so stop trying to be coy.

Pull them up and post them here. How can I dig up posts I never saw.

I haven't made any assertions on this thread thus far. It has been an open thread which i refused to define God or selectively focus on any god.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by vaxx: 8:31pm On Mar 19, 2018
budaatum:

So, a specific "God", right, and not "gods", in general.

In effect, when he says, "Country" he means a specific country, but is just not specifying which one?

How very dishonest of him to load his question in such a way!
i am sure he is trying to address the concept of GOD through monotheistic view. i am sure if he is a pantheist that said lest talk about God, seeun will not have come with such mono focus view . A christian will always argue from the concept of monotheism perceptive, so any other idea of GOD that fall within this perspective is welcome. unless he specifically use bible as the bone of his argument. then the arguer can then depicts his rebuttal on the character of yahweh or Jesus accordingly. but so far the debate is open, the focus here is on the monotheistic GOD. butterfl1on can you begin.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by budaatum: 8:31pm On Mar 19, 2018
butterflylion:

I wish to learn.

You are asking me to convert you to an atheist!

Sorry, no can do. Your mind is way too closed for that! And I don't mind you believing in gods.
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by Emmanystone: 8:32pm On Mar 19, 2018
butterflylion:
Emmanystone, muttleylaff I need you here. I think my thread has got our brothers stuck for lack of a specific "buffet" to feast on.

I can hear crickets chirping. smiley
Lol

1 Like

Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by butterflylion: 8:33pm On Mar 19, 2018
budaatum:

You are asking me to convert you to an atheist!

Sorry, no can do. Your mind is way too closed for that! And I don't mind you believing in gods.

You are making another claim I never hinted at.

It seems you are stuck too. grin

1 Like

Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by Nobody: 8:34pm On Mar 19, 2018
butterflylion:

Can you itemise this your words in bold and how can we know what "the best of your knowledge" is?

what exactly is the purpose of this thread,you know that I'm an atheist which means I don't believe in "God" you asked me to state that "God" doesn't exist which I did and now you are trying to raise an unnecessary point.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by butterflylion: 8:36pm On Mar 19, 2018
darkchild64:

what exactly is the purpose of this thread,you know that I'm an atheist which means I don't believe in "God" you asked me to state that "God" doesn't exist which I did and now you are trying to raise an unnecessary point.

Which of the 4999 gods do not exist? If all, share with me the way and manner you went through all the 4999 to arrive at your conclusion.

I wish to learn.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by Emmanystone: 8:36pm On Mar 19, 2018
Seun:
Talking about God without specifying the God you’re talking about is not really meaningful.

“Let’s talk about the Country. Remember we are not talking about Nigeria, Israel or Saudi Arabia. Just the Country.”

Not really meaningful.
But if i come in here talking about YHWH, you'd leave YHWH and bring in all the 5000 gods in the universe. Today an opportunity has been given to you to discuss the concept 'God'. Give it your best shot.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by budaatum: 8:37pm On Mar 19, 2018
We have had numerous discussions on here for a reasonable individual to assume that [G]od implies a specific god. To then qualify it with a "monotheistic" perspective implies further specificity. And then there is the history of the op who has always argued for his own specific god, and not the gods in general! Believe me when I claim that we are being nice when we do not accuse op of meaning Elohim, Yahweh, specifically, when he says, 'God'.

vaxx:
i am sure he is trying to address the concept of GOD through monotheistic view. i am sure if he is a pantheist that said lest talk about God, seeun will not have come with such mono focus view . A christian will always argue from the concept of monotheism perceptive, so any other idea of GOD that fall within this perspective is welcome. unless he specifically use bible as the bone of his argument. then the arguer can then depicts his rebuttal on the character of yahweh or Jesus accordingly. but so far the debate is open, the focus here is on the monotheistic GOD. butterfl1on can you begin.
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by budaatum: 8:39pm On Mar 19, 2018
butterflylion:

You are making another claim I never hinted at.
That's the conclusion of your learning from me. You will become an atheist if you learn.
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by vaxx: 8:40pm On Mar 19, 2018
budaatum:
We have had numerous discussions on here for a reasonable individual to assume that [G]od implies a specific god. To then qualify it with a "monotheistic" perspective implies further specificity. And then there is the history of the op who has always argued for his own specific god, and not the gods in general! Believe me when I claim that we are being nice when we do not accuse op of meaning Elohim, Yahweh, specifically, when he says, 'God'.

butterfl1on can you answer this....
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by butterflylion: 8:41pm On Mar 19, 2018
budaatum:

You are being close-minded! grin

Vaxx so brilliantly spoke my mind when he said what you responded to.

Tonight is not Yahweh or Elohim night. Tonight is GOD night.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by budaatum: 8:41pm On Mar 19, 2018
darkchild64:

A pointless strawman thread to give op relevance and convince op that op is not stuck.
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by butterflylion: 8:46pm On Mar 19, 2018
budaatum:

That's the conclusion of your learning from me. You will become an atheist if you learn.

I could also become a deist or a pantheist or a misotheist. I do not have to become an atheist smiley

You are being close-minded bro.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by butterflylion: 8:47pm On Mar 19, 2018
Is there no atheist who can discuss the concept of God outside the God specifications they are used to?
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by budaatum: 8:47pm On Mar 19, 2018
butterflylion:

Tonight is GOD night.
You just fail to see the point of view of others. If you did, you would understand that from my perspective, you are asking me to engage in discussion with you about a thing I have claimed I see as a figment of your imagination created by you in your mind. What more do you want to hear? Ask you to prove your figment is real, maybe? Subject it to pirate flagism?
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by budaatum: 8:49pm On Mar 19, 2018
butterflylion:

I could also become a deist or a pantheist or a misotheist. I do not have to become an atheist smiley

Call me whatever you want. If you were able to discuss as the topic asked, you would have by now, but your real intent is to just argue!

Fact is though that I just don't have the need to convert you.
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by budaatum: 8:50pm On Mar 19, 2018
butterflylion:

Kettle blackism!
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by butterflylion: 8:51pm On Mar 19, 2018
budaatum:

You just fail to see the point of view of others. If you did, you would understand that from my perspective, you are asking me to engage in discussion with you about a thing I have claimed I see as a figment of your imagination created by you in your mind. What more do you want to hear? Ask you to prove your figment is real, maybe? Subject it to pirate flagism?

SMH.

As a theist I am actually being openminded while you are being extremely close-minded.

You see God as a figment of YOUR IMAGINATION and so jetissoned it. Others do not see it the way you see. So when you make your assertions you specifically speak for yourself.

What I want is for you to show me how YOU got to the point of factually declaring that the entire 4999 gods are imaginary.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by butterflylion: 8:53pm On Mar 19, 2018
budaatum:

Call me whatever you want. If you were able to discuss as the topic asked, you would have by now, but your real intent is to just argue!

Fact is though that I just don't have the need to convert you.

I am unable to discuss because all of you wish to be served this discussion in your comfort zone of specification and I will not do this.

So I ask again, is there no atheist here who can discuss the concept of God outside God specifications they are used to?

1 Like

Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by Emmanystone: 8:59pm On Mar 19, 2018
budaatum:

If you wish to discuss with me, you will please stop imposing your definitions on me. I do not lack belief in gods. I claim gods do not exist. Do note that they may not exist and one can believe in them anyway.

Gods only exist in the minds of those who create them. They don't exist outside the minds of their creators. That is my opinion and the reason I am seen as an atheist.
@the bolded. You mean as your ancestors who Bashoruns and you too, created Ogun, Obatala, Orunmila in your minds?

because, you narrated to me who you are your place or position in your community.

Except you are saying you lied about what those deities can do. If you lied, why will you tell such a lie?

1 Like

Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by Nobody: 9:02pm On Mar 19, 2018
butterflylion:

Which of the 4999 gods do not exist? If all, share with me the way and manner you went through all the 4999 to arrive at your conclusion.

I wish to learn.

the onus is not on me to prove that those 4999 gods you mentioned does not exist but on anyone who claims they do
You can not come and tell me to prove that aliens don't exist,if you believe in aliens rather you should present the evidence why they exist

besides you should also answer that question too because I know you only believe in Yahweh
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by Emmanystone: 9:04pm On Mar 19, 2018
budaatum:

Give it a shot. I'm willing to see how i can become an atheist.
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by Emmanystone: 9:06pm On Mar 19, 2018
budaatum:

How did you get to the conclusion @bolded?
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by budaatum: 9:08pm On Mar 19, 2018
Emmanystone:

@the bolded. You mean as your ancestors who Bashoruns and you too, created Ogun, Obatala, Orunmila in your minds?
Yes! All gods are human creations, myths, at best.

Emmanystone:

Except you are saying you lied about what those deities can do. If you lied, why will you tell such a lie?
Shows the limits of your ability to comprehend, I suppose, or you might offend me by calling me a liar!

In the story you mention, I said I go up into the heavens to bring down light. But I am very certain that you don't think I literally went there. Or do you?
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by budaatum: 9:11pm On Mar 19, 2018
Emmanystone:

Give it a shot. I'm willing to see how i can become an atheist.
Sorry. If you remember, that nice woman in church? I am not into converting others to atheism. As the word says, seek (for yourself) and you shall find, and you shall be free.
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by budaatum: 9:13pm On Mar 19, 2018
Emmanystone:

How did you get to the conclusion @bolded?
Go read some of my old posts and you will get a response to your question.
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by butterflylion: 9:19pm On Mar 19, 2018
darkchild64:

the onus is not on me to prove that those 4999 gods you mentioned does not exist but on anyone who claims they do
You can not come and tell me to prove that aliens don't exist,if you believe in aliens rather you should present the evidence why they exist

besides you should also answer that question too because I know you only believe in Yahweh

This is not what your earlier comment said.

Let me quote you.

To the best of my knowledge what a lot of people refer to as "God" is an imaginary being hence he doesn't exist

You said yourself that you HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE that proves that what a lot of people refer to as "God" is imaginary.

So where is this knowledge you possess regarding the 4999 gods since this thread is focused on the concept of God and not a specific god.
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by butterflylion: 9:22pm On Mar 19, 2018
budaatum:

Go read some of my old posts and you will get a response to your question.

Bro please stop all this your stumbling around and simply post them here. You know where those "old posts" are and how to find them so bring them here.

I wish to read about this 4999 steps you took that made your claim factual.
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by butterflylion: 9:25pm On Mar 19, 2018
I repeat, is there no atheist who can discuss the concept of God outside the God specifications they are used to?

grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I'm a Christian But I Don't Need Church! / South African Church Where Pastor Strips Members During Prayer (PHOTO) / Spiritual Authority - Andrew Wommack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.