Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

Where Are Our Female Software Engineers? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Where Are Our Female Software Engineers? (8038 Views)

Career Trajectory for Software Engineers / Thread For Mechanical Engineers... / New Jobs At Vanhack For Experienced Software Engineers! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Are Our Female Software Engineers? by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:58pm On Mar 20, 2018
Pavore9:
They are few. From the family setting, how many of our sisters and daughters are being nudged towards that direction?
why must they be nudged.they are not interested in your feminist agenda
Re: Where Are Our Female Software Engineers? by Bellarod05: 4:33pm On Mar 20, 2018
[Oh Sorry brother,am a female engineer too....quote author=wunmi590 post=65990436]

i am a guy, and what they need is female, but then the director is not around yet to give a go ahead now to recruit or the position.[/quote]
Re: Where Are Our Female Software Engineers? by labi1977(m): 5:00pm On Mar 20, 2018
hakeem4:
do you stay in lagos?

Yes
Re: Where Are Our Female Software Engineers? by labi1977(m): 5:01pm On Mar 20, 2018
Eaugusta:

Do u train? If yes where is your location?

Yes, lagos.

1 Like

Re: Where Are Our Female Software Engineers? by Bahddo(m): 9:36pm On Mar 20, 2018
Eaugusta:

I discovered I have interest in software engineering after I have really gone far in studying mechanical engineering. I still want to do software engineering but kinda confuse where to start from; I am really a fast learner, will be glad if you can be of help. Please reply via email - ehiheboloaugustar@gmail.com
there's also Andela, if you are interested in something that would challenge you and make you grow faster than you thought possible. Getting in is difficult (I must warn), but not impossible. Going through their homestudy is a good place to start learning to write code.
Re: Where Are Our Female Software Engineers? by frob0genius(f): 10:37pm On Mar 20, 2018
>>>print(f'Hello guys! {name} in da building')

1 Like

Re: Where Are Our Female Software Engineers? by frob0genius(f): 10:43pm On Mar 20, 2018
wunmi590:
Honestly i have been asking myself his question too,
I work in an international I.T company, as an admin officer, and truth be told, no female in our software department to complement these gurus, i think women should also be found in these profession in Nigeria.

If i can get some of the females, i would make sure i recommend them to my director, when he comes back from his travelling from our office in US and U.K

If you're really serious. I'm really interested in the recommendation
Re: Where Are Our Female Software Engineers? by Ejiod(m): 3:37am On Mar 21, 2018
damzy88:
Sent you a pm.
Replied u
Re: Where Are Our Female Software Engineers? by wunmi590(m): 7:48am On Mar 21, 2018
frob0genius:

sorry for the late response, you can send your cv to career@telvida.com, i will liase with the HR on your cv, and when my director comes back from our branch in UK and US, i would let im know, provided you are good and you can convince him when he agree to meet with you for interview.

but i will still put you in mind, and you can be stocking me on nairaland, so as not to forget, because my director is not coming back until like june.
Re: Where Are Our Female Software Engineers? by wunmi590(m): 6:44pm On Mar 21, 2018
frob0genius:

I just spoke with the head of software engineer in my coy, so he request for your number, you can send me your phone number, i dont want to give you his email, so as not to flood it with cv
Re: Where Are Our Female Software Engineers? by vaspire: 2:00pm On Mar 23, 2018
yorex2011:
Are they here? Will like to have a few female coder/programmer friends cheesy

Heard they are Women of Class (pun intended)

Anyways, won't mind interfacing with a few (another pun intended)

Comments are welcome

Console.log('Hello, World! ') ;
Re: Where Are Our Female Software Engineers? by Fulaman198(m): 7:14pm On Mar 26, 2018
Ejiod:
document.querySelectorAll('.naijagirls').addEventListener('click',function slaying (e){
alert("Active on INSTAGRAM & SNAPCHAT cool)
}
In 2 firms I've worked with I haven't seen ladies write code and it's so painful the ways most our ladies have been configured to think .I only wish I see one

Your smiley face assures that your code doesn't work.
Re: Where Are Our Female Software Engineers? by Fulaman198(m): 7:18pm On Mar 26, 2018
Eaugusta:

I discovered I have interest in software engineering after I have really gone far in studying mechanical engineering. I still want to do software engineering but kinda confuse where to start from; I am really a fast learner, will be glad if you can be of help. Please reply via email - ehiheboloaugustar@gmail.com

I know that our internet service monthly data allotments here in Nigeria stuck. I would suggest coursera.org

You must ask yourself though what you want to do in this field. There are a plethora of paths that you can follow.

With your background in mechanical engineering, you should do fine.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Police Promote 243 Senior Officers / I Am Vexed; How Can Engineers And Lawyers Rub Shoulders With Doctors? / 8 Months After My Resignation, My Former Employer Is Still Owing Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.