Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,864 members, 7,802,771 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

What Happens To The Engagement Ring? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Happens To The Engagement Ring? (31393 Views)

What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? / What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? / For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Sagamite(m): 10:06pm On Mar 19, 2018
When an engagement is cancelled and the couple previously intending to marry decide to go their separate ways, what do you think should happen to the engagement ring?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by 2buffagain(m): 10:18pm On Mar 19, 2018
Sagamite:
When an engagement is cancelled and the couple previously intending to marry decide to go their separate ways, what do you think should happen to the engagement ring?

Did you put a ring on someone Saga? cheesy
Even though I wouldn't ask for it back, in my opinion The Right and Classy thing for the girl to do is to give back the ring.
If she doesn't, this is one of the ways you know you dodged a bullet and should thus thank God because it speaks to her character as a #takist.
The last thing a brotha wants legally tied to him in this era, is a fawking takist.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Mar 19, 2018
2buffagain:

Even though I wouldn't ask for it back, in my opinion The Right and Classy thing for the girl to do is to give back the ring.
If she doesn't, this is one of the ways you know you dodged a bullet and should thus thank God because it speaks to her character as a #takist.
The last thing a brotha wants legally tied to him in this era, is a fawking takist.
And what a "classy" man as used in this context would do if she does give him the ring is that she keeps it.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by 2buffagain(m): 10:35pm On Mar 19, 2018
kimbraa:
And what a "classy" man as used in this context would do if she does give him the ring is that she keeps it.

Obviously whether she keeps it or not is not an issue to a classy man as I inferred in my post.

A classy girl would actually WANT to give it back because it represents something immaterial and she doesn't want to be reminded of what it represents.
It's like keeping pictures of your ex. Who needs that baggage?

Where-as the mind of A takist female would just want to sha collect something material make nothing for loss. Takism is the foundation of a prostitution mindset.

98 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Gerrard59(m): 10:45pm On Mar 19, 2018
The lady is bound to return the ring.

But Saga, you engaged someone? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Sagamite(m): 4:33pm On Mar 22, 2018
2buffagain:

Gerrard59:
The lady is bound to return the ring.

But Saga, you engaged someone? shocked shocked shocked shocked

WTF are you guys smoking? grin

I am asking because I am actually interested in what some of these feminists would say.

Where are they?

@Stillfire @MissWrite @Cococandy @Shaybaby @Shugavee @Ladyhippolyta88 @highqueen @Amarabae @ReinaFarine

2 Likes

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Sagamite(m): 4:34pm On Mar 22, 2018
kimbraa:

Why would he give her the ring to keep?

And how does that make him "classy"?

5 Likes

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by MissWrite(f): 4:57pm On Mar 22, 2018
I would return it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by 2buffagain(m): 5:53pm On Mar 22, 2018
MissWrite:
I would return it.

Then, in this matter, you are a sensible girl.

Takists have no idea how pathetic they look.
I would personally look down on a girl who keeps a cancelled engagement ring.

4 Likes

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Shugavee(f): 7:09pm On Mar 22, 2018
It's her decision to make, keeping the ring or not doesn't make her bad nor good cause hey it's over already, but i personally will return it!!!

1 Like

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Mar 22, 2018
It should be returned. That's the right thing to do.

Legally (if taken to court), however, whether it's returned to the giver or kept by receiver depends on it being determined to be an unconditional or a conditional gift.

12 Likes

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by sisisioge: 10:17pm On Mar 22, 2018
The lady should return the ring to the guy. The guy should in turn sell it if it isn't a family heirloom.

Life is really simple.

2 Likes

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Biglittlelois(f): 10:51pm On Mar 22, 2018
It goes both ways, if the ring is a heirloom, she shud return it, if it was a mutual agreement to cancel the engagement, she can keep it if she wants, some guys dnt want a reminder of such engagement and some ladies too, some throw it away, some sell it and share the money,

So it has nothing to do with class, nothing like takist for ladies or takist for men as someone above said >smiley

Peronally for me, it depends on the outcome of such engagement

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by NwaAmaikpe: 10:51pm On Mar 22, 2018
shocked

When an engagement is called off.

The engagement ring should be put along with the photograph of the heartbreaker inside a calabash and dropped on a T-junction so that the devil will judge the matter.

78 Likes 13 Shares

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by vivypretty(f): 10:51pm On Mar 22, 2018
Sometimes it remains with the lady, since it was bought specifically for her except if it is one that is generational.
But it all depends on the persons involved.
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Franzinni: 10:51pm On Mar 22, 2018
See question for 10 pm kai.... Swallow it
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Lomprico2: 10:52pm On Mar 22, 2018
Sagamite:

She throws it at d guy! undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Mar 22, 2018
Returning it does not mean they would reconcile .....
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Adeoba10(m): 10:52pm On Mar 22, 2018
They will return the ring to the seller
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Follygunners: 10:52pm On Mar 22, 2018
The ring is more like a Certificate of Deposit in Banking terms... OR Certificate of Love in this situation. It's supposed to be a conditional gift from the guy to the lady to keep her promise to be with him.

It's meant as a conditional gift of promise usually on 'borrowed terms' as long as the lady is willing to be with the guy.

As soon as the relationship ends, she needs to give the guy back the ring to finalize the break-up.

But, as you know greedy and money-hungry 9ja girls... grin grin. Dem go dey follow you drag am. Class-less bunch! angry

16 Likes

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Krafty006: 10:52pm On Mar 22, 2018
look for a way to dispose it.....check my profile for affordable office shoes, https://www.nairaland.com/4405075/new-designs

1 Like

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by obaataaokpaewu: 10:53pm On Mar 22, 2018
is this the legendary Sagamite? The "developer" of the word "person " here? shocked
Wehdone Sah!!!!
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by kocvalour(m): 10:53pm On Mar 22, 2018
sell the ring fa...
na your settlement be that

2 Likes

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by miqos02(m): 10:54pm On Mar 22, 2018
No
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Follygunners: 10:54pm On Mar 22, 2018
2buffagain:

Well said!
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Teaser4(m): 10:54pm On Mar 22, 2018
I'll sell it

1 Like

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by nonut: 10:54pm On Mar 22, 2018
Sagamite:
You never marry since? If na to cuss people up and down you go sabi am wella.

3 Likes

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Hotzone(m): 10:56pm On Mar 22, 2018
She should keep it as award to remind her how incompetent she is that she can't keep a simple relationship!!!!

4 Likes

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Hotzone(m): 10:56pm On Mar 22, 2018
She should keep it as award to remind her how incompetent she is that she can't keep a simple relationship!!!!

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Mar 22, 2018
Sell the thing to aboki jor if it made of gold.

1 Like

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Only1mi(f): 10:58pm On Mar 22, 2018
Legally the courts see an engagement ring as a conditional gift that should be returned in the event of a break up. I'd be more than happy to give it back, who wants the reminder of a failed relationship hanging about?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Website To Buy Wedding Engagement Rings: Family Making / Wonder Wedding: Day The Blind Played For Deaf And Dumb Couple - Photo / Nigeria Woman Delivers Quadruplets After Over 20 Years Of Waiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.