Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,938 members, 7,806,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

What Happens To The Engagement Ring? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Happens To The Engagement Ring? (31407 Views)

What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? / What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? / For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by sinaj(f): 10:59pm On Mar 22, 2018
Will sell the ring if it got value or flush it down d toilet if its aboki ring angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by obowunmi(m): 10:59pm On Mar 22, 2018
Sagamite:
When an engagement is cancelled and the couple previously intending to marry decide to go their separate ways, what do you think should happen to the engagement ring?

The woman should return it back to the man who gave it to her.

My cousin bought her own ring and in that case, she keeps it.
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by frenzydilz(m): 11:00pm On Mar 22, 2018
Either resell it or save it for the next fiancée
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by phineas: 11:01pm On Mar 22, 2018
If you must borrow oyibo culture borrow it completely

The tradition says if the guy is the one who calls of the engagement,the girl can keep the ring.Sometimes it's expensive family heirloom so he gets to loose it for all ingredients it off

If the girl calls it off,she has to return the ring

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Kajiang02(m): 11:03pm On Mar 22, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

When an engagement is called off.

The engagement ring should be put along with the photograph of the heartbreaker inside a calabash and dropped on a T-junction so that the devil will judge the matter.

Dudeeeeee, Why??
Jut why? Kai, your posts keeps me rotfl

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Daeylar(f): 11:03pm On Mar 22, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The engagement ring should be put along with the photograph of the heartbreaker inside a calabash and dropped on a T-junction so that the devil will judge the matter.

Oh my God shocked loooool grin

grin grin grin

I'm tired abeg grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Lexusgs430: 11:03pm On Mar 22, 2018
Sagamite:
When an engagement is cancelled and the couple previously intending to marry decide to go their separate ways, what do you think should happen to the engagement ring?

The engagement was put on the finger, for an engagement.....

When dis - engagement occurs, you collect your ring back.........
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Lexusgs430: 11:05pm On Mar 22, 2018
sinaj:
Will sell the ring if it got value or flush it down d toilet if its aboki ring angry

May you not be engaged with aboki's ring....

1 Like

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by EsvNwoye(m): 11:05pm On Mar 22, 2018
the lady should sale the ring as compensation in a case where the guy hurt the girl by calling it off meanwhile if otherwise or their was mutual consent then it's noble to return the ring.
My one cent

2 Likes

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by sinaj(f): 11:07pm On Mar 22, 2018
Lexusgs430:

May you not be engaged with aboki's ring....
Amin Jesu!

2 Likes

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by wristbangle: 11:09pm On Mar 22, 2018
Keeping it won't be of any personal asset importance to her except she sells it though. She should return it to the owner.
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Mar 22, 2018
dumb question.

the lady returns the ring duh!
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Lexusgs430: 11:10pm On Mar 22, 2018
sinaj:
Amin Jesu!

We suppose climb mountain on this matter + plenty fasting + plenty night vigil.........
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by sinaj(f): 11:12pm On Mar 22, 2018
Lexusgs430:

We suppose climb mountain on this matter + plenty fasting + plenty night vigil.........
me don fess u climb mountain since.

I go soon come down sef coz cold don finish me here
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by wristbangle: 11:13pm On Mar 22, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

cheesy
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by nelsoncool28: 11:17pm On Mar 22, 2018
My friend give me my ring make I go find another girl give am. You can't be buying more than one engagement ring in this regime. Magu will come after you
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Mar 22, 2018
You've tried it elsewhere and it seems not to work... Now come let's do it together. We teach, educate, sells tools. Just a click on my signature….. If you know, you know.
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Sagamite(m): 11:36pm On Mar 22, 2018
Shugavee:
It's her decision to make, keeping the ring or not doesn't make her bad nor good cause hey it's over already, but i personally will return it!!!

Huh?

Why is it her decision to make?
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Escobar7(m): 11:36pm On Mar 22, 2018
Seeing people writing bout ladies choosing to keep an engagement rings makes me shudder. Except you dont know what being engaged is, why societal etiquette requires you as a lady to return the ring of a botched engagement, then your ignorance can be forgiven. It is only logical to give the ring back.

2 Likes

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Sagamite(m): 11:38pm On Mar 22, 2018
Biglittlelois:
It goes both ways, if the ring is a heirloom, she shud return it, if it was a mutual agreement to cancel the engagement, she can keep it if she wants, some guys dnt want a reminder of such engagement and some ladies too, some throw it away, some sell it and share the money,

So it has nothing to do with class, nothing like takist for ladies or takist for men as someone above said >smiley

Peronally for me, it depends on the outcome of such engagement

Why should she keep it if she wants?

She was the one that bought it?

What should happen if he was the one that cancelled the engagement?

And what should happen if she was the one that cancelled the engagement?

1 Like

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by nkemdi89(f): 11:40pm On Mar 22, 2018
Thank God no spiritual implication cos I still an engagement ring of over two years lying fallow on my window.
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Sagamite(m): 11:43pm On Mar 22, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:
is this the legendary Sagamite? The "developer" of the word "person " here? shocked
Wehdone Sah!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gNeOutK_P8&index=122&

grin

1 Like

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Shugavee(f): 11:43pm On Mar 22, 2018
Sagamite:

Huh?

Why is it her decision to make?
cause its a gift, u don't tell people to return gifts.. but they return it anyways to forget the memory .... but some people dont care n end it deep down of them immediately
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Evince(m): 11:45pm On Mar 22, 2018
kimbraa:
And what a "classy" man as used in this context would do if she does give him the ring is that she keeps it.

What do u need the ring again for biko.
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Sagamite(m): 11:47pm On Mar 22, 2018
nonut:

You never marry since? If na to cuss people up and down you go sabi am wella.

Yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyJwQvbTWZM&index=132

1 Like

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Sagamite(m): 11:49pm On Mar 22, 2018
Only1mi:
Legally the courts see an engagement ring as a conditional gift that should be returned in the event of a break up. I'd be more than happy to give it back, who wants the reminder of a failed relationship hanging about?

You would be surprised, darling.
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Evince(m): 11:49pm On Mar 22, 2018
Shugavee:
It's her decision to make, keeping the ring or not doesn't make her bad nor good cause hey it's over already, but i personally will return it!!!

Keeping the ring for what again naa. Think b4 u post. U shouldn't think from Anus swty

2 Likes

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Evince(m): 11:51pm On Mar 22, 2018
Suaimhneas:
It should be returned. That's the right thing to do.

Legally (if taken to court), however, whether it's returned to the giver or kept by receiver depends on it being determined to be an unconditional or a conditional gift.

Too much grammar. Once engagement is void the ring should be returned no matter the worth because it is not a gift rather it is an engagement
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Sagamite(m): 11:51pm On Mar 22, 2018
Proudgorgeousga:
dumb question.

the lady returns the ring duh!

You think it is that dumb?
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Evince(m): 11:52pm On Mar 22, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Tiwa savage

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Wonder Wedding: Day The Blind Played For Deaf And Dumb Couple - Photo / Website To Buy Wedding Engagement Rings: Family Making / Nigeria Woman Delivers Quadruplets After Over 20 Years Of Waiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.