Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,281 members, 7,807,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? (16599 Views)

Goat Farming In Nigeria – How To Start And Earn Big While At It! / How To Reduce Feeds Cost In Poultry Business / I Want To Start A Water Leaf Garden, How Profitable Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Mar 19, 2018
Hello Nairalanders,
I have a steady daily work that pays me a minimum of Atleast N1500 everyday and I've being thinking of creating an additional source of income for myself.
I talked to a friend/Mentor and he suggested I go invest into Agro business (Broiler).
He is currently into it and have full knowledge about it.
He will provide me with all the Technical know how and every other informations/knowledge I will need and we've fixed a date to sit down and talk about it.
My intended start up capital is N500k.
How viable is this business?
Can I make my capital within 6months?
Can the risk be managed to the bearest minimum?

Note: The other work I do belongs to me and it needs my physical presence to thrive. Besides, I don't intend to abandon it for this poutry but I can be sacrificing 30% of my time for it.(maybe less or more Depending on the situation) Also, the guy is the Junior pastor in my place of worship.
I need your honest advice guys,

3 Likes

Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by Ubongdemaga: 12:22am On Mar 20, 2018
The little i knw about poultry business is that it needs ur 100% attention especially that early stage of 1-3 weeks

17 Likes

Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by Nobody: 6:04am On Mar 20, 2018
Ubongdemaga:
The little i knw about poultry business is that it needs ur 100% attention especially that early stage of 1-3 weeks
that won't be a problem at all

4 Likes

Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by domack99(m): 6:47am On Mar 20, 2018
Poultry requires your full attention all the time, not just for 3 weeks. It is also full of risk as well and you could reap a lot when you have finally master the game.
Initial capital can also be high.

Can't you think of a complimentary service that could align with your present source of income. Opening a new chapter of business entirely is not always a wise idea.
Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by Nobody: 7:17am On Mar 20, 2018
domack99:
Poultry requires your full attention all the time, not just for 3 weeks. It is also full of risk as well and you could reap a lot when you have finally master the game.
Initial capital can also be high.

Can't you think of a complimentary service that could align with your present source of income. Opening a new chapter of business entirely is not always a wise idea.
thanks..what other idea do you have to share as regards the bolded?
Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by Nobody: 7:45am On Mar 20, 2018
Lalasticlala Please help me push this to the homepage.
Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by wwwtortoise(m): 10:39am On Mar 20, 2018
Poultry farming is a very delicate and time consuming venture as a starter.

It requires time, energy, patience and hardwork. Your ROI largely depends on how healthy your birds become.

As for your mentor, the fact that he is a clergy doesn't mean you should swallow all he tells you hook, line and sinker.

Make your own background research.

22 Likes

Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by DrHighchief(m): 10:40am On Mar 20, 2018
More eggs...

1 Like

Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by sunnysunny69(m): 10:41am On Mar 20, 2018
I have a cousin who went into poultry few years ago, south west area, invested over 2.5 million naira. Sadly he folds up because of many factors. The good thing is the poultry opened his eyes to the fact the poultry products suppliers make much more than the farmers, with about 1 million naira he got from selling the farm, he eventually went into supplying of eggs, whole chicken and also supplying farmers with poultry needs {chicken foods, equipments etc}. All of a sudden he was making average 200k a week in profit [ this might not be possible now with such capital as everybody is into it] My advice is you need a lot of capital for a farm, with a small old car and capitals you can go into supplying poultry products.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by Annabel332: 10:41am On Mar 20, 2018
valued
Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by Nwakannaya1: 10:41am On Mar 20, 2018
Make sure u have market before u start production or at least a cheap means of preservation so that u don't have to spend more on keeping them after they are due for 'harvesting'.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by Philinho(m): 10:42am On Mar 20, 2018
More reliable than buhari's government

1 Like

Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by okitom(m): 10:42am On Mar 20, 2018
I am a full time farmer and I can bet with u that your money can be recovered as soon as possible if,you are devoted and hard working and follow the laid down policies of poultry.I am presently in Enugu and if u need more advice,you can reach me on 08033414004

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by nkeona(m): 10:42am On Mar 20, 2018
grin
Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by slapacha: 10:43am On Mar 20, 2018
Op where is the L in poultry oo
Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by adisabarber(m): 10:43am On Mar 20, 2018
Nwakannaya1:
Make sure u have market before u start production or at least a cheap means of preservation so that u don't have to spend more on keeping them after they are due for 'harvesting'.

True. Broilers can eat all the profit one is supposed to make in 2 weeks if the market is not available

3 Likes

Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by Nobody: 10:43am On Mar 20, 2018
angry

☣ ☠

Beware of scammers!!

☣ ☠

4 Likes

Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by Mobsync(m): 10:44am On Mar 20, 2018
i use [or used, not sure if I still do] to have passion for poultry business but I seem to have lost interest in it of late. I don't think it is as profitable as most people make it seem.

We need more replies from people that are already into the business.

3 Likes

Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by Taiwo20(m): 10:44am On Mar 20, 2018
Izuogu1:
Hello Nairalanders,
I have a steady daily work that pays me a minimum of Atleast N1500 everyday and I've being thinking of creating an additional source of income for myself.
I talked to a friend/Mentor and he suggested I go invest into Agro business (Broiler).
He will provide me with all the Technical know how and every other informations/knowledge I will need and we've fixed a date to sit down and talk about it.

Note: The other work I do belongs to me and it needs my physical presence to thrive. Besides, I don't intend to abandon it for this poutry but I can be sacrificing 30% of my time for it.(maybe less or more Depending on the situation) Also, the guy is the Junior pastor in my place of worship.

its a goood idea. However, separate business from religion

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by steve002(m): 10:45am On Mar 20, 2018
Izuogu1:
Hello Nairalanders,

Please which business are you into that gives 1500 on daily basis.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by Britishcoins(m): 10:50am On Mar 20, 2018
It is profitable, but my own problem is that I have 600k but I am still looking for shop to start selling electronic.
Please who can get me a good location anywhere in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by Tychamps(m): 10:51am On Mar 20, 2018
it's profitable.. and it doesn't require much time

1 Like

Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by gsparks01(m): 10:51am On Mar 20, 2018
steve002:

Please which business are you into that gives 1500 on daily basis.
I knew this question will pop up grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by Nobody: 10:51am On Mar 20, 2018
Izuogu1:
Hello Nairalanders,

I would advice you concentrate more on your already thriving business , think of new ways to improve your income. Forget all the bullcrap about having multiple streams of income , 9 out of 10 times it usually has more disadvantages than staying put in an already mastered line , clearly one instance synergy doesn't work. If you still insist on starting a new venture then start a venture related to your already thriving business , what's it called in business horizontal integration ?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by maximunimpact(m): 10:52am On Mar 20, 2018
very profitable

Read more......

Best Marketing Ideas for selling Poultry products in Nigeria
https://www.financialwatchngr.com/2018/03/18/best-marketing-ideas-for-selling-poultry-products-in-nigeria/

Guides to Conduct Market Research for a Poultry Farm in Nigeria
https://www.financialwatchngr.com/2018/03/18/guides-to-conduct-market-research-for-a-poultry-farm-in-nigeria/

Poultry farming: Steps to Care for Baby Chicks after Hatching
https://www.financialwatchngr.com/2018/03/18/poultry-farming-steps-to-care-for-baby-chicks-after-hatching/

Step By Step Guide ON How to Start Poultry Farming in Nigeria
https://www.financialwatchngr.com/2017/09/13/step-step-guide-start-poultry-farming-nigeria/

Poultry Farming In Nigeria: Business Plan, Feasibility Studies, How To Start [PDF Download]
https://www.financialwatchngr.com/2017/12/06/poultry-farming-nigeria-business-plan-feasibility-studies-start-pdf-download/

5 Likes

Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by woleabayo(f): 10:53am On Mar 20, 2018
Izuogu1:
Hello Nairalanders,

AS FOR ME I WILL ADVICE YOU NOT TO GO FOR DAY OLD CHICKS SINCE U ARE FIRST TIMER U CAN GO FOR 12WEEKS OR 14 WEEKS OLD UR STARTS UP CAPITAL BE REDUCE TO LIKE 300K LIKE ME I JUST START MY OWN POULTRY TOO AND I START WITH 16 WEEKS BIRDS AND IS DOING FINE I DONT HAVE MUCH TIME AND IS NOT GIVING ME PROBLEMS BECOS THEY ARE MATURE ITS ONLY MONTHLY LASOTA AND DEWORMAR THAT AM GIVING THEM . AND ITS A GOOD BUSINESS U CAN GET UR CAPITAL WITHIN ONE YEAR AND AFTER WHICH U CAN STILL RESELL THE BIRDS AFTER 1YR AND HALF OR 2YRS AND THATS OTHER GAIN .

2 Likes

Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by sayusuf(m): 10:54am On Mar 20, 2018
go in to fish farming, its less risky
Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by darlingnuel(m): 11:03am On Mar 20, 2018
Some people are making ALL the money in this world while others are just looking... LOL. Baba God, pick up our call things
Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by ModsWillKillNL: 11:03am On Mar 20, 2018
Izuogu1:
Hello Nairalanders,

Poultry is the easiest way to throw money away and lose your peace of mind.
Don't try it.
Enough said.

7 Likes

Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by Emyjeze(m): 11:04am On Mar 20, 2018
Britishcoins:
It is profitable, but my own problem is that I have 600k but I am still looking for shop to start selling electronic.
Please who can get me a good location anywhere in Nigeria.
move to the north, things are cool there. If you are head bend to the business, you will do great. (part of north, kaduna precisely thats where i grew up and do my stuffs) and a piece of advice is it will be better you go into electrical equipment rather than electronics.

3 Likes

Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by JORDAN202: 11:05am On Mar 20, 2018
SO ?

I CAN SEE THAT YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE NIGERIANS WHO WANT TO REAR CHICKENS SO THAT YOUR GREEDY FELLOW NIGERIANS WILL EAT THEM.

WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO DO WILL LEAD TO THE OVERCONSUMPTION OF CHICKEN IN NIGERIA.

WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF CHICKENS REAR YOU, THEN EAT YOU 3-MONTHS LATER ??

WHEN JESUS COMES BACK, AND YOUR NAME IS SUBMITTED TO HIM BY ANGEL GABRIEL, WHAT WILL YOU SAY ?

Any way, I M OFF TO THE CHICKEN-REPUBLIC TO EAT 2-THIGHS OF CHICKEN WITH FRIED RICE DILUTED WITH VANILA MILK SHAKE !!

MAKE THE CHICKENS NO GO HIRE LION TO CHOP U ...OOOOOOO !!!!!!!!

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

N200 Billion Agriculture Loans - Farmers Say Banks Are Not Lending / Pix And Price List For Mobile Tarpaulin Fish Tank In Nigeria / HOT Selling Rice Destoner / Destoning Machines For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.