Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,943 members, 7,806,725 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:57 PM

Lagos Rail Mass Transit (LRMT) Construction In Pictures - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Rail Mass Transit (LRMT) Construction In Pictures (37934 Views)

LASG Announces Traffic Diversion At Marina For Lagos Rail Mass Transit / Lagos Metro Rail: An Overview Of The True State Of Lagos Rail - PHOTOS / Africa Countries That Started And Completed Their Rail Mass Transit After Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit (LRMT) Construction In Pictures by beejayphako(m): 1:39pm On Mar 20, 2018
Ok
Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit (LRMT) Construction In Pictures by emmanuelpopson(m): 1:40pm On Mar 20, 2018
6 Years and they never finished m
Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit (LRMT) Construction In Pictures by emerged01(m): 1:40pm On Mar 20, 2018
zinaunreal:
Why Nigeria thing cannot fine for once. Looks so raw
If u see wetin this guy snap u go say Na bad belle worry am. Meanwhile Na thing him fit capture. You need a camera to capture the beauty of that railway not phone camera.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit (LRMT) Construction In Pictures by winj3: 1:41pm On Mar 20, 2018
Iraq was completely destroyed during war yet it looks better than Lagos!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit (LRMT) Construction In Pictures by Nobody: 1:49pm On Mar 20, 2018
AutoReportNG:
It's been almost 6 years since the Lagos Rail Mass Transit has started, the work started under the former Lagos state governor Mr. Babatunde Fashola, according to him then, the work will be finished before he leaves office in 2015 but due to logistics and funding, they were unable to meet with the deadline. During the campaign of Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode, he promised to finish up from where Mr. Fashola left and so far the work has been going slow and steady.

AutoReportNG did a self-media tour (if anything like that exists) and we start from CMS to Costain (National Theather, Iganmu, Lagos) and we were able to access some developments and see how the work is faring. These are some of what we gathered...

Contractor: The contract was awarded to China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCECC) and they were in charge of all mechanical and other engineering works, so far the quality of the materials were top notched, kudos must be given to Lagos State Government who ensured that they compiled to safety guidelines and also who made sure they use quality goods as well.

Challenges: We were able to identify 2 major challenges during our short tip and this has to be the slow working process of the firm, for example working on the Eko Bridge is long overdue, they have been on that since last year and they are yet to leave the same spot and this call for concern, how many years will it take them to construct over the sea. Another challenge we see is the issue of the miscreants also known as area boys, they defaced most of their works, the placed that have been constructed have turned to a garage or their second home. A visit to Orile Bus Stop along Mile 2 will clear your doubts. We also noticed that the rail-lines have been messed up as some have turned the place to their toilets.

Funding:[/b]We were able to interact with some of the workers of the CCECC and we asked them why the slow pace despite the government fundings but the workers debunked that CCECC is not releasing money and also there is shortage of funds, whatever that means, its either LASG is not releasing money or CCECC is not paying its staff, you be the judge.

[b]Completion Date
: It will take a miracle for this project to be ready in 2019 as there are lots to be done, the dredging of the Eko Bridge for example still remains a top priority, many of the Train Stations have not been put into place, most of the rail lines still need some touches, we are aware that Mile 2 to Orile has been completed to a certain stage but they still need to be checked again. So ladies and gentlemen, brace up yourself.

If we are to rate the work and how they fared, we will rate them 52% except a miracle happens tomorrow morning.

These are the pictures we are able to take, we are not given access to enter the National Theatre Rail Terminus

Source:
http://www.autoreportng.com/2018/03/a-pictorial-view-of-lagos-rail-mass.html

pls oga why do you keep using "we" she be na only you who owns the blog, am assuming you do did all the work here alone, so why the "we" shebe you get multiple personality disorder ne

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit (LRMT) Construction In Pictures by emerged01(m): 1:50pm On Mar 20, 2018
emmanuelpopson:
6 Years and they never finished m
Guy many challenges o! Na that project no beans o.
Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit (LRMT) Construction In Pictures by Dottune(m): 1:54pm On Mar 20, 2018
Jiang:

pls oga why do you keep using "we" she be na only you who owns the blog, am assuming you do did all the work here alone, so why the "we" shebe you get multiple personality disorder ne
Lmao
Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit (LRMT) Construction In Pictures by greatcrown: 1:57pm On Mar 20, 2018
Our money don enter voicemail!

If you wish to know the truth about the project, then vote in another party!
Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit (LRMT) Construction In Pictures by AutoReportNG: 1:57pm On Mar 20, 2018
Jiang:

Sorry Sir but you are quite mature enough not to be insultive. There is a way you can correct and inform someone without getting insultive. Point noted, thanks but learn to be objective, you never can know who you are abusing next time.

Cheers

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit (LRMT) Construction In Pictures by danigbo(m): 2:00pm On Mar 20, 2018
Chinese companies are damn slow !
Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit (LRMT) Construction In Pictures by sod09(m): 2:01pm On Mar 20, 2018
hol up hol up
you mean train will be passing our heads shocked shocked
Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit (LRMT) Construction In Pictures by AutoReportNG: 2:01pm On Mar 20, 2018
emerged01:

If u see wetin this guy snap u go say Na bad belle worry am. Meanwhile Na thing him fit capture. You need a camera to capture the beauty of that railway not phone camera.

Please read the content very well, it says from CMS to Costain. The pictures you uploaded are those ones in Orile and the other ones are when the laying was done, if I want to use the internet pictures I can use them, this is just a self-review of the work and no bad belle intended, no one paid me for this review and Lagos is my state so why should I seek its downfall.

Cheers bro

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit (LRMT) Construction In Pictures by blackpanda: 2:04pm On Mar 20, 2018
zinaunreal:

Bro you dont want to see other country's "Under Construction" believe me. Everything just ugly. Im tired abeg

Good u can always port to cameroun
Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit (LRMT) Construction In Pictures by Origin(f): 2:09pm On Mar 20, 2018
After salivating for this train......

They should sha not bring any rubbish train..

I'm expecting a fully automated high speed train, in vibrant motivating colors. (same as in dubai- na money buy).

I was just thinking how Fashola was the only leader who wished for others what he wished for himself....

Everyone wants to ride cars with full AC(see BRT), nice gardens(see lagos parks)affordable health care. (GH ikeja with chilling AC, 50inch TVs, clean to the core, ambulance service........

NA sense and money do am o.....
Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit (LRMT) Construction In Pictures by ameddy1(m): 2:11pm On Mar 20, 2018
Instead

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit (LRMT) Construction In Pictures by zinaunreal(m): 2:18pm On Mar 20, 2018
blackpanda:

Good u can always port to cameroun

I can be president and do better
Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit (LRMT) Construction In Pictures by seguno2: 2:26pm On Mar 20, 2018
ssogundele:
But wait o, how long is it going to take to finish this methuselah project? The same project of this magnitude and specification with similar characteristics was started at the same time in Ethiopia �� and has been completed since. Why are things done weirdly in this country of ours? I'm tired � seriously!

Even the Abuja-Kaduna railway was finished by Jonathan in a short period.
APC is a rogue party. Simple.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit (LRMT) Construction In Pictures by Nobody: 2:49pm On Mar 20, 2018
blackpanda:
Wailer....where are u? grin shocked
No mans land again grin
Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit (LRMT) Construction In Pictures by Oladeleeleniyan(m): 3:04pm On Mar 20, 2018
velai:
CCECC is gradually sending Julius Berger out of Nigerian Constructions market. Almost every state government in Nigeria patronize them now.
They are good and well organized, but very corrupt. Them sabi bribe government officials with gifts.They have more equipment than required, all made in China. Their safety measures is just 50%. You can die while working at a site. Their soldiers guards are overzealous, they can order you to frog-jump from Orile to Mile two, for disobeying their orders.
Their Nigerian workers are not left out, they steal company's deseal to sell while working like slaves.

I belief you ,cos obviously you are talking from Experience

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit (LRMT) Construction In Pictures by Reference(m): 3:12pm On Mar 20, 2018
Just keep on. Infrastructure is not overnight. The london metro is several decades old and is still being built. Complete a section. Put it to use and the finances begin yo level out.
Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit (LRMT) Construction In Pictures by rabzy: 3:28pm On Mar 20, 2018
ameddy1:
Instead of completing this great project, our dear governor would rather embark on another project like bridge madness everywhere in Lagos, foolish brt lane along Oshodi to Abule egba mtcheeeeew

how e take foolish, the state can handle both projects simultaneously

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit (LRMT) Construction In Pictures by Olulinks(m): 3:35pm On Mar 20, 2018
zinaunreal:
By the time it's finished, polished and being illuminated accordingly, you will come here to apologize.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit (LRMT) Construction In Pictures by Nigeriadondie1: 3:50pm On Mar 20, 2018
velai:
CCECC is gradually sending Julius Berger out of Nigerian Constructions market. Almost every state government in Nigeria patronize them now.
They are good and well organized, but very corrupt. Them sabi bribe government officials with gifts.They have more equipment than required, all made in China. Their safety measures is just 50%. You can die while working at a site. Their soldiers guards are overzealous, they can order you to frog-jump from Orile to Mile two, for disobeying their orders.
Their Nigerian workers are not left out, they steal company's deseal to sell while working like slaves.

E be like say u sabi dem grin
Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit (LRMT) Construction In Pictures by RealMillennial(m): 3:53pm On Mar 20, 2018
zinaunreal:

[/b]It never hurts to start from "raw" that we can maintain instead of the ultra-modern that we do not even understand. There's always a journey.[b]

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit (LRMT) Construction In Pictures by Iolo(m): 4:01pm On Mar 20, 2018
No one so far has taken out time to appreciate OP.

Wonderful job you've done here.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit (LRMT) Construction In Pictures by zinaunreal(m): 5:22pm On Mar 20, 2018
Olulinks:

By the time it's finished, polished and being illuminated accordingly, you will come here to apologize.
lol... Apologise ?? When Nigerian artistes start making use of our sites and infrastructures for their music videos, message me to come to this same thread and say i am sorry 1000 times
Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit (LRMT) Construction In Pictures by Olulinks(m): 5:44pm On Mar 20, 2018
zinaunreal:
lol... Apologise ?? When Nigerian artistes start making use of our sites and infrastructures for their music videos, message me to come to this same thread and say i am sorry 1000 times
So Nigerian music videos are done abroad?
Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit (LRMT) Construction In Pictures by Nobody: 6:09pm On Mar 20, 2018
velai:

CCECC?
Water or a swampy place is their worst nightmare in construction obstacles.
Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit (LRMT) Construction In Pictures by zinaunreal(m): 6:13pm On Mar 20, 2018
Olulinks:

So Nigerian music videos are done abroad?

Lol. Seriously. Youre not aware? Almost every damn video
Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit (LRMT) Construction In Pictures by Temmytea70(m): 6:58pm On Mar 20, 2018
Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit (LRMT) Construction In Pictures by Temmytea70(m): 7:00pm On Mar 20, 2018
BecaciaBarbie:
Woooow I thought it was just a normal road bridge ooo shocked this will be the best project in Lagos once completed. I'm very impressed! Proud to be a Lagosian cool

not normal road o, na abnormal one
Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit (LRMT) Construction In Pictures by greggng: 8:02pm On Mar 20, 2018
BecaciaBarbie:
Woooow I thought it was just a normal road bridge ooo shocked this will be the best project in Lagos once completed. I'm very impressed! Proud to be a Lagosian cool

This is a federal gov't project. Amaechi is doing a great job nationwide

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

All Airports In Nigeria Will Be Shut Sunday Midnight - Aviation Unions / Safety Tips Whenever You Visit A Hotel / Man Dies In A Car Accident In Ekpoma (Graphic Video And Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.