Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,385 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

The Grass Is Actually Green Dust In Obodo Oyibo - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Grass Is Actually Green Dust In Obodo Oyibo (42816 Views)

Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo / Grass Is Not Greener On The Other Side By Abdulrazaq Hamzat / Flood Ravages Imo, Orsu Obodo, Oguta. 60 Homes Submerged (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Grass Is Actually Green Dust In Obodo Oyibo by Yoruba4Life: 7:36pm On Mar 20, 2018
bigtt76:
Abeg what is Biological Analyst? grin

So dis one brain don melt commot.. Sorry ooo
Re: The Grass Is Actually Green Dust In Obodo Oyibo by Yoruba4Life: 7:38pm On Mar 20, 2018
Follygunners:

We're saying exactly the same bros... We sabi ur type na.. Go 9ja stay 'hotel', wait for tax return to spend big et al... I hear you bros.. Spend anyhow for 9ja like say you dey knack 6-figs, abi.. grin grin

Na exactly your type I dey yan about. OK! Abeg, refer to the 2nd to the last paragraph in my comment.

Real earners don't get any $$$$ back for tax return; they mostly owe.... Tax return beneficiaries are for folks with meager income cool

Go figure! If you know, you know!

True grin
Re: The Grass Is Actually Green Dust In Obodo Oyibo by ItzBIM(m): 7:55pm On Mar 20, 2018
shaybebaby:

Okay £10 is a bit ambitious but there are deals that work out to be around 15 quid a month. I pay £21 monthly for line rental and unlimited broadband.

For £12 a month (bought my phone outright), I get unlimited calls/texts and 4gb of data. Not to shabby I think.

Not everyone can afford to pay outright and also this deals are mainly 18 contracts after then the price goes back to the normal price say £25.
The moral of the story is that the cost of living in abroad is to high, better to be rich in Nigeria than in London.

1 Like

Re: The Grass Is Actually Green Dust In Obodo Oyibo by revontuli(f): 7:55pm On Mar 20, 2018
shaybebaby:

Okay £10 is a bit ambitious but there are deals that work out to be around 15 quid a month. I pay £21 monthly for line rental and unlimited broadband.

For £12 a month (bought my phone outright), I get unlimited calls/texts and 4gb of data. Not to shabby I think.

European prices are way better than the American prices any day.

1 Like

Re: The Grass Is Actually Green Dust In Obodo Oyibo by teepain: 8:03pm On Mar 20, 2018
gensteejay:

But it's usually greener sha, with only few exceptions. Most people based in Western countries don't want to return to Nigeria permanently, despite the claim made by a few of them that the grass is not always greener on the other side. Nobody wants to suffer in this hellhole of a country.

It is different strokes for different folks. Some people based in Western countries actually want to return to Nigeria but the shame of being left behind by folks they left in Nigeria, achievements wise, sometimes discourage them from taking the plunge.

There are quite a number of beautiful opportunities in Nigeria and with some planning and God on your side, the possibilities are enormous.

This is not to say that some guys aren't doing wonderfully well abroad.
Re: The Grass Is Actually Green Dust In Obodo Oyibo by olujastro: 8:07pm On Mar 20, 2018
Follygunners:
The problem with African pple is that we're too shallow and mediocre in our thinking. Most 9ja pple residing abroad (Western world / developed nations) come back home to live a premium lifestyle they can hardly afford.

You see them devour a 12-mth saving within a matter of a 2-week vacation in 9ja. Just imagine! They live beyond their means in other to
live/measure-up to the "just-arrived" hype. No be by force. grin They come to 9ja and can no longer take danfo or BRT as a means of transport... like the innocent 9ja folks using it are 2nd-class citizens. They can no longer go to bed without 24/7 A/C.

They come back home to 9ja and can't go back to that wretched 'face-me-I-face-you' abode they once lived in (where their parents and families still live). They move around with an entourage... a personal driver, 'vampire' friends/relatives et al... they can't deal with the shame of seeing their fellow friends that never left 9ja doing great... so they feel the need to at least match-up.

They give the folks back home in 9ja a delusional impression of an imaginary luxury life they live abroad... who now in turn, expect so much from them. Of course, they got to live up to the hype.

Above all.... majority of the culprits are those doing menial/odd jobs living on meager incomes. They're usually like that.. the poorer they are, the dumber they behave. It's called "Poverty Mentality" !

After all is said and done, they go back with huge debt and bills awaiting them... ( I trust 'dem dem' for there) grin grin

While a number of people who travel to Nigeria for holidays may be living for the hype (especially those who never imagined a life abroad), it's not always the case.
You don't expect someone who has excellent, neat and on time buses or trains in Scandinavia for example to visit Nigeria and be willing to firstly hustle for or jump on moving old, rickety danfos in Nigeria, where the seats stain your clothes, the drivers are willing to manage a damaged brake that may lead to accident, and all the other drama that come with danfo buses. BRT should be a minimum. When you live a very easy and convenient life abroad, you'll do the same when you visit naija.
Secondly, we have Uber and Taxify now which are very comfortable (with AC in a very hot Nigeria) and super cheap especially compared with taxi fares abroad. Paying between N1500 to 3000 for people earning in superior currencies is nothing.
When you sleep without electricity and soak yourself in your sweat, you will tell yourself that hotel fee is just $20 after all.
Lastly, visiting Nigeria for holidays shouldn't be expensive for people abroad, except that Nigerians like to beg for money a lot, especially from those who have travelled abroad. Even when you don't show off, the begging plus the pity you have on seeing very poor people around you who are suffering, can clear your savings for a year if one isn't careful. That's why a lot of Nigerians abroad do not like to travel home for holidays.

10 Likes

Re: The Grass Is Actually Green Dust In Obodo Oyibo by shaybebaby(f): 8:10pm On Mar 20, 2018
ItzBIM:

Not everyone can afford to pay outright and also this deals are mainly 18 contracts after then the price goes back to the normal price say £25.
The moral of the story is that the cost of living in abroad is to high, better to be rich in Nigeria than in London.
Maybe but since there is competition, there is nothing stopping you from moving to another provider at the end of your contract.

You can't really compare because it's all about the purchasing power of each currency. A rich man in Nigeria pays little or no tax, the nigerian people see tax as robbery so in their own way, are complicit in the overall decay of the country.

Tax is part of the contract, everybody pays in so that utilities which can be enjoyed by all are provided.
Education is free here (excluding uni), health care is free, drugs for children up to the age of 16 is free, housing is subsidised for those on lower income etc.. All of this comes out of tax receipts.

It may be high, but that is the price to pay to live in a society that works for everyone and not only the elite. Why would I want to be rich but surrounded by people wallowing in poverty? undecided

4 Likes

Re: The Grass Is Actually Green Dust In Obodo Oyibo by Damzy007: 8:12pm On Mar 20, 2018
360command:
in the western world, if u no get work for 1 month, na homeless you go dey.. But for africa, if in 3-4 months no job, you still get roof to sleep under. My guy, I am not here to convince you but the day you step into the western world with a visa which does not permit you to work, you will remember africa.
I guess you'll hv done ur home work before you embark on d journey.
Re: The Grass Is Actually Green Dust In Obodo Oyibo by shaybebaby(f): 8:13pm On Mar 20, 2018
revontuli:

European prices are way better than the American prices any day.
So I have been told, a friend of mine lives in Bermuda and told me his monthly phone contract is like $120. I was shocked to the marrow.

But on the other hand, we pay (UK) quite a lot for public transport, probably the highest in Europe. I can fly to Europe for around the same price to commute from where I live to work.
Re: The Grass Is Actually Green Dust In Obodo Oyibo by sonnie10: 8:15pm On Mar 20, 2018
olujastro:

While a number of people who travel to Nigeria for holidays may be living for the hype (especially those who never imagined such a life abroad), it's not always the case.
You don't expect someone who has excellent, neat and on time buses or trains in Scandinavia for example to visit Nigeria and be willing to firstly hustle for or jump on moving old, rickety danfos in Nigeria, where the seats stain your clothes, the drivers are willing to manage a damaged brake that may lead to accident, and all the other drama that comes with danfo buses. BRT should be a minimum. When you live a very easy and convenient life abroad, you'll do the same when you visit naija.
Secondly, we have Uber and Taxify now which are very comfortable (with AC in a very hot Nigeria) and super cheap especially compared with taxi fares abroad. Paying between N1500 to 3000 for people earning in superior currencies is nothing.
When you sleep without electricity and soak yourself in your sweat, you will tell yourself that hotel fee is just $20 after all.
Lastly, visiting Nigeria for holidays shouldn't be expensive for people abroad, except that Nigerians like to beg for money a lot, especially from those who have travelled abroad. Even when you don't show off, the begging plus the pity you have on seeing very poor people around you who are suffering, can clear your savings for a year if one isn't careful. That's why a lot of Nigerians abroad do not like to travel home for holidays.

Thank you my brother. You have said it all.
Re: The Grass Is Actually Green Dust In Obodo Oyibo by 360command: 8:18pm On Mar 20, 2018
Damzy007:

I guess you'll hv done ur home work before you embark on d journey.
which homework.. The only homework is for you to get a visa that allows you to work. Your brother, sisters, friends, uncle even the church will fail you.
Re: The Grass Is Actually Green Dust In Obodo Oyibo by revontuli(f): 8:19pm On Mar 20, 2018
shaybebaby:

So I have been told, a friend of mine lives in Bermuda and told me his monthly phone contract is like $120. I was shocked to the marrow.

But on the other hand, we pay (UK) quite a lot for public transport, probably the highest in Europe. I can fly to Europe for around the same price to commute from where I live to work.

Both my broadband wifi and phone bills in Finland are a quarter of what I used to pay in the States. Public transport is a bit pricey, but it's exorbitant for non-residents. Interstate train fare is high, it makes better sense to drive if it's not just you.
Re: The Grass Is Actually Green Dust In Obodo Oyibo by bankylan: 8:22pm On Mar 20, 2018
nextstep:
The simple truth is this: yes, Nigeria is tough - hellish some would say - but there are many people here living very good lives here, actually LIVING. When I see people come home from Western countries, it's like they are not alive. They may be comfortable, but they are in the same cycle of work, tax, debt, work, tax, debt with little chance to really LIVE. They may come and do shakara during Christmas, but at the end of the day, it's money they will spend the next 1 year paying off, with interest.

There are some who manage to break the cycle, perhaps investing back home or building a house, but from my understanding it's quite a soul-less and isolating existence.

Those who go abroad usually have gathered nearly 2million Naira for ticket, visa, living expenses. Just to go and drive taxi or be a nurse? That same 2million has launched many people out of poverty in this "sh1thole". Material wealth and comfort does not mean you're LIVING... I would like to be able to visit there frequently like some people I know, but not really reside.

I just wish we would see the incredible opportunities that foreigners are coming to find here...

It all depends on you. Why did many come to live in Lagos? Opportunities!!!! Some people in the village are not doing badly too.....Govto wherever you can find your opportunity. My immediate younger brother relocated barely a year ago. He obviously lives better now than when he was a banker here. The caveat is to go on a legal basis and with a focus. If you run to US, UK or Canada with visitors visa and you chose to stay put, you will struggle. You may need to start from the beginning in a place like Canada, but with seriousness and dedication, you can find your footing. Many of us were not born and bred in Lagos.....but we are all here today coz of opportunity. The world has become a global village bro.

2 Likes

Re: The Grass Is Actually Green Dust In Obodo Oyibo by shaybebaby(f): 8:26pm On Mar 20, 2018
revontuli:

Both my broadband wifi and phone bills in Finland are a quarter of what I used to pay in the States. Public transport is a bit pricey, but it's exorbitant for non-residents. Interstate train fare is high, it makes better sense to drive if it's not just you.
How does transport work out more expensive for non resident? I'm curious.

Petrol is a bit pricey here as well, about £1.10 a litre. Then there is road tax, insurance and MOT to factor in. (sigh).

You are in Finland, woohoo! My Christmas is set.. Lapland.. Here I come!

Do you like it? I was actually dreaming about moving there just to access their education system for my little man. But the thought of learning a new language put me off.
Re: The Grass Is Actually Green Dust In Obodo Oyibo by revontuli(f): 8:27pm On Mar 20, 2018
Follygunners:
The problem with African pple is that we're too shallow and mediocre in our thinking. Most 9ja pple residing abroad (Western world / developed nations) come back home to live a premium lifestyle they can hardly afford.

You see them devour a 12-mth saving within a matter of a 2-week vacation in 9ja. Just imagine! They live beyond their means in other to
live/measure-up to the "just-arrived" hype. No be by force. grin They come to 9ja and can no longer take danfo or BRT as a means of transport... like the innocent 9ja folks using it are 2nd-class citizens. They can no longer go to bed without 24/7 A/C.

They come back home to 9ja and can't go back to that wretched 'face-me-I-face-you' abode they once lived in (where their parents and families still live). They move around with an entourage... a personal driver, 'vampire' friends/relatives et al... they can't deal with the shame of seeing their fellow friends that never left 9ja doing great... so they feel the need to at least match-up.

They give the folks back home in 9ja a delusional impression of an imaginary luxury life they live abroad... who now in turn, expect so much from them. Of course, they got to live up to the hype.

Above all.... majority of the culprits are those doing menial/odd jobs living on meager incomes. They're usually like that.. the poorer they are, the dumber they behave. It's called "Poverty Mentality" !

After all is said and done, they go back with huge debt and bills awaiting them... ( I trust 'dem dem' for there) grin grin

That's not specific to Nigerians, most of it is true for all work migrants who go from poorer countries to richer ones. Polish people working in the UK - same for them going back to the village in Poland, or the Turks who went to Germany, same thing all around.
It's called saving face. Nobody wants to lose face.
Vampire friends and relatives is the exact same for them too.
Re: The Grass Is Actually Green Dust In Obodo Oyibo by revontuli(f): 8:34pm On Mar 20, 2018
shaybebaby:

How does transport work out more expensive for non resident? I'm curious.

Petrol is a bit pricey here as well, about £1.10 a litre. Then there is road tax, insurance and MOT to factor in. (sigh).

You are in Finland, woohoo! My Christmas is set.. Lapland.. Here I come!

Do you like it? I was actually dreaming about moving there just to access their education system for my little man. But the thought of learning a new language put me off.

Non-resident price for the monthly city transport card is more than twice the resident price. It hurt to pay that until I got my ID card! One way bus fare is 5 Euros for non-residents, 1.5 for residents.
I want to go to Lapland in winter, let's go next Feb! Christmas is bad timing for Lapland, the best northern lights views are in Jan-Feb.
Re: The Grass Is Actually Green Dust In Obodo Oyibo by Nobody: 8:37pm On Mar 20, 2018
safarigirl:
They are suffering, they are suffering, but if you tell them to return home, they will act like you wished death upon them

I cannot take them seriously until they start craving to come home. Because bad as e be in the abroad, it cannot be worse than how it is here
U have said it all.
U summarized EVERYTHING.

That's why since we can't beat them and we can't join them, we just have to leave them
Re: The Grass Is Actually Green Dust In Obodo Oyibo by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:40pm On Mar 20, 2018
shogotermies:

lol... u are funny... grow up bro...
not everyone will be interested in reading long stories, I prefer photos than that epistle.. and I didn't make any statement that is derogatory. so please don't disturb Me. thanks.
then do not comment where grown ups are reading
Re: The Grass Is Actually Green Dust In Obodo Oyibo by shaybebaby(f): 8:47pm On Mar 20, 2018
revontuli:

Non-resident price for the monthly city transport card is more than twice the resident price. It hurt to pay that until I got my ID card! One way bus fare is 5 Euros for non-residents, 1.5 for residents.
I want to go to Lapland in winter, let's go next Feb! Christmas is bad timing for Lapland, the best northern lights views are in Jan-Feb.
Omg! That's discrimination. I can't believe that is the case. shocked

Issa date! Lapland next Feb! grin kiss

2 Likes

Re: The Grass Is Actually Green Dust In Obodo Oyibo by Oktane: 8:51pm On Mar 20, 2018
Great thread.
Re: The Grass Is Actually Green Dust In Obodo Oyibo by timesup234: 9:02pm On Mar 20, 2018
safarigirl:
They are suffering, they are suffering, but if you tell them to return home, they will act like you wished death upon them

I cannot take them seriously until they start craving to come home. Because bad as e be in the abroad, it cannot be worse than how it is here
They cant return home. Once you take that trip you are finished. America is depression. What we have going on in Nigeria is childs play compare to what they experience there. Only a fool will continue deceiving himself when all the info is out there. Most Americans cant even raise $400 in an emergency and almost 70% of americans are one paycheck away from living on the street. Even college graduates live at home with their parents till 35. Most of these things i am typing might sound like a joke until you calm down and do a proper research yourself. It is a trillion times easier to make it in Nigeria than America

5 Likes

Re: The Grass Is Actually Green Dust In Obodo Oyibo by Martin0(m): 9:14pm On Mar 20, 2018
shaybebaby:

Re: The Grass Is Actually Green Dust In Obodo Oyibo by Suspect33(m): 9:14pm On Mar 20, 2018
shellworker:
This analysis of the financial life style of people living in the US or other countries overseas is not true. I presently stay in the US.

It is not tied on anybody to buy things on credit; it's not compulsory. However, buying things on credit is a way that the government has resorted to helping people especially the low income earners. In Nigeria for instance, a young university graduate who just got a low paying job of say #80,000 who is in need of renting an apartment and at the same time in need of a car to be shuttling to work may find it difficult to do so because of his income. Assuming that the Nigerian government establishes a law to car dealerships, banks and other financial institutions to grant the requests of persons that wish to buy cars from them on lease and pay over a period of term, you will see that that young school graduate will be able to own a car and better his life.

The money will be split for him to be paying in bits for a period of say 12, 24, 36, 48 or 72 months etc., depending on the terms and the cost of the car. Now let's say he bought a car of #1.5m. Divide the money into the number of months and add a little interest. After dividing you will see that this young employee may be paying as little as #41.6 for a 36 months term over a car he bought on credit. With this life is a little worth easier isn't it. But note that before such a credit sale you will have to enter into contract agreement with the loaning firm. Where in if you discontinue with the payment at any time without haven reached the complete amount, the car will be seized and all the money you have paid earlier will be lost.

The OP also made an analogy with Samsung Galaxy S8 and a lower brand. I will like to clarify him. In US if you are paying for a car you bought on credit and want a newer model, you can always go to a dealership and do what is called a trade-in with your car. In this case you will have to give the dealer your car and the previous credit payment you are yet to clear will be locked in the payment of the newer model car you want to pick. However, your monthly agreed payment might increase. Similar case applies to phone and many other items. This is the one reason there are so much clean cars here and also available for exports; they don't use their cars much before disposing of it.

Contrary to what the OP said about getting credit to come back hom, I come back to Nigeria every year and I pay cash for my flight tickets, I pay cash for all the things I buy for my journey, I bought my car here in the US cash, all my house properties are bought cash. The only thing I bought in credit which I have almost completed the payment is my house.

Here in the US you have to be serious minded in all you do. Once you come to the country be focused and know what you want; don't be carried away with the goodies here. I am not saying that there are no Nigerians here living the kind of credit life the OP narrated but it's few and I don't think it's a bad thing because it reduces financial load on an individual. It enhances fast achievement. It enables one to achieve in a short time what he would achieve in a long period of time.

So OP please don't genaralise. US is always better than Nigeria. Nairalanders don't let anybody deceive you.

Credit card purchases makes life easier here in the US if you can handle the terms.
I dont know u bt God bless u

1 Like

Re: The Grass Is Actually Green Dust In Obodo Oyibo by revontuli(f): 9:16pm On Mar 20, 2018
shaybebaby:

Start saving money if you want to go on the husky safari! And snowmobile rentals cheesy
Re: The Grass Is Actually Green Dust In Obodo Oyibo by maestro2000(m): 9:23pm On Mar 20, 2018
whoever wrote this article deserves a Pulitzer prize-winning author of the year. The professor deserves an eminent award in consellorship and mentorship ( would like to know who he is and have him as a friend). Thanks to the OP that brought this to nairaland, to enlighten us the gullible youths and old of Nigeria (@op I carry my yansh and both hands give you).

Now back to the story at hand, millions of Nigerian and Africa at whole believe money grows on trees abroad.

And b4 anybody quotes me or say shit, always remember that your brother that was nabbed for drugs or scam was as a result of pressure you and the rest of your family members mounted on him, pushed him to do it.

yes, abroad base come home with expensive gifts and stuff to impress or show off ( is this not the main goal of everyone that works or what's the essence of working like a machine and you can't enjoy your money).

most people outside the country works as if they are German machine, in order to meet up with the demand of life, pressures from home and pressures from uncle sam ( bills and taxes).

How many of us here in Nigeria pay tax and you all are walking free, how many artisan, self employed or business owner pays tax ( except maybe vat on your voucher).

On one of my numerous trips to Wal-Mart, I remember meeting an elderly man from delta state in anchorage Alaska ( where -20degree is just a starting point of cold) , I asked him why he prefers working in that cold region where daylight is experienced for 3-4 hrs/ day in the winter. He responded that he couldn't thrive in lower 48 because young Nigerian migrants has spoilt our reputation there and he couldn't blame them because they need to meet up with the demand from home..

I met this man barely 3 months of his arrival on American soil and he showed me text messages from him family members demanding financial help ( this is a man that just got employed to Wal-Mart barely a week on $9/hr part-time job of probably 25hrs a week), he doesn't have a vehicle yet, which means he will spend average of 4 dollars/day on people mover "bus" , eat , pay phone bills , rent , electricity, water and "sewer" bills, and state tax and commodity (which he is lucky not to pay because Alaska doesn't have one).

These young men just doesn't decide they wanna engage in nefarious activities but because what they met on ground was not what they were expecting and folks here in Nigeria wouldn't let them rest, they decide to make it through other means at all cost to meet up with the demands. If you're earning btw 100k-150k in Nigeria, you're better off than someone making $2k/ 2 weeks in abroad. in Nigeria you only pay federal tax and maybe some state tax, most of us don't even have health or vehicle insurance ( we pay what bills we incur at the hospital) but there in abroad, after taxes has been deducted from your paycheck, health tax , 401k "optional" , car insurance, Unemployment tax, and so on will be deducted and if you're working under the table you're expected to have health insurance through marketplace , failure to do this will incur nothing less than $600 fine at the end of the year and trust me, last thing you ever want is to owe IRS and uncle SAM. Most Nigerians in diaspora will tell you, they would have preferred to stay in Nigeria had they known what they now know. most can't come back because of the shame ( BLLB "BO se lo, lo se bo mentality of Nigerians). we need to cut this guys some slack.

A friend of mine took $10k loan from banks ( lucky him with above 680 credit) and loan sharks just to meet up with demands of this families at home , he couldn't pay back at the specified time, well repo men came after him and the shark wouldn't back off, this guys had to do the odd but was caught in the process. he is still in jail facing the trauma and the shark men inside the fence.

you will see Nigerians working on the slope ( ak) , go on fishing trip on the ocean for 6 months just to make money, many fall over board and are lost to the sea, yet some uncles, aunt, brothers and sisters will be asking for money to fund their expensive lifestyle here in Nigeria.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Grass Is Actually Green Dust In Obodo Oyibo by writeprof(m): 9:26pm On Mar 20, 2018
I knew it must be Prof. Adesanmi writing. A vintage writer and storyteller indeed.
Re: The Grass Is Actually Green Dust In Obodo Oyibo by shogotermies(m): 9:37pm On Mar 20, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
then do not comment where grown ups are reading

lol... this man is funny... you don't need to tell people you are a grown up.. guess you just clocked 30, which is making u feel u are old.. lol... grown up act like one, but u don't... so I will leave u alone...
Re: The Grass Is Actually Green Dust In Obodo Oyibo by Nobody: 9:43pm On Mar 20, 2018
sKeetz:
This are the kind of tales this abroad people tell to persuade us to remain in this shithole but tell them to relocate to Nigeria and they will cuss you out.

You'll see some of them that has lived in America for 30 years without stepping foot in Nigeria. Who are you guys deceiving?

If you think it's easy, travel out. You guys d9nt even pat taxes in Nigeria. After you have paid Federal, state and county taxes here ehh... you will know...then if you are in the USA with no universal health care, just pray you don't get sick. A friend just got billed 35k because of sickness, insurance paid 28k. Working day in, day out... not calling in sick, institutional racism and coworkers looking at every opportunity to report you. Brother it's not easy ooo

4 Likes

Re: The Grass Is Actually Green Dust In Obodo Oyibo by tosyne2much(m): 9:47pm On Mar 20, 2018
Follygunners:

My Bros... na true true ooo. cool
I really learnt a lot on this thread.

Just as every Nigerian student will claim that his own school is the hardest, is the same way those who live abroad claim it's very hard to make money.. Buh tell them to return back to Nigeria and it will seem like you actually wish them bad luck cheesy

There's nothing anybody will say to convince me that it's easier to become rich in Nigeria than abroad

The suffering in Nigeria is more than the tax all rant about

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Grass Is Actually Green Dust In Obodo Oyibo by Nobody: 9:55pm On Mar 20, 2018
shaybebaby:

That's not true ya know. Most public spaces have free Wi-Fi, from the shopping centres to trains.

You can get broadband for as little as a tenner within your home.

So will you do a chemistry home work in a train? Or an anatomy work in a shopping mall? So paying for your own Internet is vital. Libraries close by 12 am. WHAT you going to do then?
Re: The Grass Is Actually Green Dust In Obodo Oyibo by Nobody: 9:56pm On Mar 20, 2018
safarigirl:

they can't come, i think is fair there than this side, even if u have money here they will never allow u to spend it in peace that's tje number 1 problem, family o, friends o, armed robbers o, they will sha disturb u, but there nothing like that,.
Re: The Grass Is Actually Green Dust In Obodo Oyibo by Nobody: 9:57pm On Mar 20, 2018
360command:
in the western world, if u no get work for 1 month, na homeless you go dey.. But for africa, if in 3-4 months no job, you still get roof to sleep under. My guy, I am not here to convince you but the day you step into the western world with a visa which does not permit you to work, you will remember africa.

One chilled palm wine for you. You can stay with relatives in Nigeria, here no one gives a shit about you. Good explanation..

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Heavy Rain Causes Terrible Accident In Ebonyi,many Dead,others Injured(graphic) / Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account / Shiroro Hydro Power Plant, Niger State In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.