Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,914 members, 7,802,977 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

My Homemade Meat Pie Recipe - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Homemade Meat Pie Recipe (63252 Views)

See My Homemade Okro Soup With Tilapia Fish / See The Meat Pie A Content Creator Bought In Ibadan - Photo / Checkout What A Man Found Inside A Meat Pie (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Homemade Meat Pie Recipe by Tjesctacy(m): 6:14pm On Mar 20, 2018
cococandy:
Mix your flour and butter crumble with 3/4 to one cup of water to make a dough. You can do this by hand or use a food processor. Your dough is ready when it’s stretchy but still easy to cut with your fingers.

Roll a large handful of dough onto your cooking board until it’s 1/2 inch thick. Cut into circles depending on how big you want the pies to be

You can find this exact same food processor here in Nigeria for sale at a very good price. https:///catalog/product/view/id/3837844?img=0&k_id=tjesctacy
Re: My Homemade Meat Pie Recipe by lastclaire4(f): 6:15pm On Mar 20, 2018
cococandy:
This is what it looks like when done. Those lines/creases on the surfaces helps you know that you got your crust texture right.

Enjoy with your favorite cola or malt drink. This is the closest to Malta Guinness (my favorite) that I could find here.
Hmm the meat pie was enough u shouldn't have shown the malt. I won't be tempted. Nice work dearie.

6 Likes

Re: My Homemade Meat Pie Recipe by Taiwo20(m): 6:16pm On Mar 20, 2018
cococandy:
This is what it looks like when done. Those lines/creases on the surfaces helps you know that you got your crust texture right.

Enjoy with your favorite cola or malt drink. This is the closest to Malta Guinness (my favorite) that I could find here.

and I actually thought you were somewhere close by......would have dropped by.....

Lemme get to the embassy first
Re: My Homemade Meat Pie Recipe by Luukasz(m): 6:17pm On Mar 20, 2018
cococandy:
Hey lovelies. Just felt like sharing my meatpie recipe with you guys. This is a favorite snack in my home. You will pick up a list of what you need for this as we go along. Enjoy
Do you have an idea where I can download books on making of snacks
Re: My Homemade Meat Pie Recipe by Jadoskii(m): 6:23pm On Mar 20, 2018
Honestly I'm hungry......

2 Likes

Re: My Homemade Meat Pie Recipe by Jadoskii(m): 6:26pm On Mar 20, 2018
millomaniac:
Marry me grin
ahhhan...because of meat pie....
Re: My Homemade Meat Pie Recipe by cococandy(f): 6:31pm On Mar 20, 2018
makydebbie:
I love your kitchen, so beautiful. embarassed kiss
Thank you so much
Luukasz:
Do you have an idea where I can download books on making of snacks
not really. Sorry I couldn’t help with that.
Taiwo20:

and I actually thought you were somewhere close by......would have dropped by.....

Lemme get to the embassy first
okay. Lol
lastclaire4:

Hmm the meat pie was enough u shouldn't have shown the malt. I won't be tempted. Nice work dearie.
wink thanks
Chuukwudi:

I want to pay you a visit oooo!
You’re welcome to visit
tensazangetsu20:
I hope all the Ghanaians are seeing. Throughout my stay in that country I never ate one good pastry.
cheesy grin naija 1. Ghana 0

3 Likes

Re: My Homemade Meat Pie Recipe by cococandy(f): 6:33pm On Mar 20, 2018
shaybebaby:

You are doing it for pleasure already, might as well get paid for it.

Tag Facebook friends who are local, upload same pics you have used to tantalise us here and voila!

If you were local to me, I'd be ordering ASAP! With the way the thing is hungrying me right now.

angry
smiley

1 Like

Re: My Homemade Meat Pie Recipe by makydebbie(f): 6:36pm On Mar 20, 2018
tensazangetsu20:
I hope all the Ghanaians are seeing. Throughout my stay in that country I never ate one good pastry.
You always have one bad thing to say about Ghana. Talking about pastries, you can NEVER compare Ghana to Nigeria. Take a chill pill and several seats back bruh, where Nigeria is when talking about pastries.
Re: My Homemade Meat Pie Recipe by shaybebaby(f): 6:37pm On Mar 20, 2018
Follygunners:

Hmmm... Isn't there more to it than just a meat grinder? Like a tenderizer and stuff? The ground beef I use for meatballs, tacos et al.. cooks fast unlike 9ja beef wey go take forever to cook. grin
Well, I'd research into it if I were you. But then again, it depends on the cut of the beef (not that I'm a butcher) but that's the reason why different types of steaks cost differently.

Rump steak is cheaper but its also not as tender as sirloin.

Anyways, thank goodness for you tube, you'll definitely find videos on there if it's of interest to you.

1 Like

Re: My Homemade Meat Pie Recipe by mhisbliss(f): 6:42pm On Mar 20, 2018
makydebbie:
You always have one bad thing to say about Ghana. Talking about pastries, you can NEVER compare Ghana to Nigeria. Take a chill pill and several seats back bruh, where Nigeria is when talking about pastries.
ayam not understanding fa undecided

1 Like

Re: My Homemade Meat Pie Recipe by makydebbie(f): 6:50pm On Mar 20, 2018
mhisbliss:
ayam not understanding fa undecided
I hope you read, "talking about pastries" before that comment.
Re: My Homemade Meat Pie Recipe by 9ja083: 6:50pm On Mar 20, 2018
Thank you. I really like your post. I will give this a try and pray mine be better and more tasty than yours grin cheesy.
To be honest, you made my day.

2 Likes

Re: My Homemade Meat Pie Recipe by desire222(f): 6:52pm On Mar 20, 2018
cococandy:
BTW 370 Fahrenheit is about 188 degrees Celsius.

While your pies are baking, clean up the mess you made in the kitchen.

1) before clean up

2) after clean up

Now I feel better about enjoying my pies
I have been following your cooking before I became a member here, you are too much. I love your cooking.
Re: My Homemade Meat Pie Recipe by cococandy(f): 6:54pm On Mar 20, 2018
desire222:
I have been following your cooking before I became a member here, you are too much. I love your cooking.
thank you Sweetie kiss

1 Like

Re: My Homemade Meat Pie Recipe by Scarpon(m): 6:54pm On Mar 20, 2018
Madam i like ur kitchen

1 Like

Re: My Homemade Meat Pie Recipe by cococandy(f): 6:55pm On Mar 20, 2018
9ja083:
Thank you. I really like your post. I will give this a try and pray mine be better and more tasty than yours grin cheesy.
To be honest, you made my day.
it will
Re: My Homemade Meat Pie Recipe by biggy26: 6:55pm On Mar 20, 2018
cococandy:
thank you smiley

I don’t know if I have the strength for that. It’s taking all my energy to even create this thread
Really enjoyed this. Kindly create a board and share with the community here: www.poontoe.com it will really be nice. Just check it out.
Re: My Homemade Meat Pie Recipe by biggy26: 6:56pm On Mar 20, 2018
cococandy:
thank you smiley

I don’t know if I have the strength for that. It’s taking all my energy to even create this thread
Really enjoyed this. Kindly create a board and share with the community here: www.poontoe.com it will really be nice. Just check it out, it's easy.

1 Like

Re: My Homemade Meat Pie Recipe by lastempero: 7:03pm On Mar 20, 2018
I dey feel ur kitchen pass the meatpie wink wink

1 Like

Re: My Homemade Meat Pie Recipe by djfabmusik(m): 7:03pm On Mar 20, 2018
hmmm yummy, your kitchen look beautiful

1 Like

Re: My Homemade Meat Pie Recipe by naijaboiy: 7:05pm On Mar 20, 2018
makydebbie:
You don't get tired? grin

1 Like

Re: My Homemade Meat Pie Recipe by ojdollars(m): 7:13pm On Mar 20, 2018
cococandy:
Hey lovelies. Just felt like sharing my meatpie recipe with you guys. This is a favorite snack in my home. You will pick up a list of what you need for this as we go along. Enjoy

1) wash your hands thoroughly. Very important step. Alternatively, wear gloves if you have any open cuts on your finger/s or have acrylic nails.

1b) Dice half of a small onion, two medium carrots and two medium russet potatoes (also called Irish potatoes in some parts of Nigeria)

@cococandy, please I want to be your student. Can I contact You? I'm in the Midwest in the States. This is exactly what I have been looking to learn, my staff likes Nigerian food and it cost so much to order for many mouths and most are Indians and I would be grateful if you can coach me. I tried YouTube, I failed. Lol
Re: My Homemade Meat Pie Recipe by COMPAQ(m): 7:15pm On Mar 20, 2018
Does supermarket minced meat work instead of corned beef?
Re: My Homemade Meat Pie Recipe by COMPAQ(m): 7:16pm On Mar 20, 2018
Does supermarket minced meat work instead of corned beef? kiss
Re: My Homemade Meat Pie Recipe by makydebbie(f): 7:18pm On Mar 20, 2018
naijaboiy:

You don't get tired? grin
Baby!! cheesy cheesy

Are you back? Tell me you're back please. cry cry
Re: My Homemade Meat Pie Recipe by kapelvej: 7:28pm On Mar 20, 2018
you come here to make us hungry. please were do you stay, i need to get my hands on those pies
Re: My Homemade Meat Pie Recipe by Nobody: 7:50pm On Mar 20, 2018
cococandy:

Thank you. I was starting to feel lonely all by myself on this thread grin
You Are Not Beautiful For Nothing...
Re: My Homemade Meat Pie Recipe by naijaboiy: 7:54pm On Mar 20, 2018
makydebbie:
Baby!! cheesy cheesy

Are you back? Tell me you're back please. cry cry
gringrin
Re: My Homemade Meat Pie Recipe by makydebbie(f): 7:56pm On Mar 20, 2018
naijaboiy:

gringrin
Are you free? Lemme take us to another thread so we don't derail.
Re: My Homemade Meat Pie Recipe by error4040: 7:57pm On Mar 20, 2018
cococandy:
BTW 370 Fahrenheit is about 188 degrees Celsius.

While your pies are baking, clean up the mess you made in the kitchen.

1) before clean up

2) after clean up

Now I feel better about enjoying my pies

Nice kitchen ma.

And thanks for the Tutorials

2 Likes

Re: My Homemade Meat Pie Recipe by Nobody: 8:03pm On Mar 20, 2018
@cococandy are you in DMV axis/Maryland?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria / "I Found Garden-Egg In The Eggroll I Bought In Aba" - Young Man (Photos) / The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.