Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,860 members, 7,802,756 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice (27691 Views)

What Kind Of Job Is This? (Video) / My Job Is Ruining My Family / My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by EmmaJohn12345: 7:33pm On Mar 20, 2018
I never dreamt of being a soldier when I was growing up. My dream was going into showbiz ;majoring in acting. At the age of 12 I was already writing scripts to be acted in our secondary school drama club of which I was always being casted as the lead role because of my level of talent and my ability to improvise when acting on stage. On the long run, I was only able to finish my secondary education and things went south.

I ended up in the army 2012. Initially I thought I would be able to come to the Army and sponsor my education but loo and behold what I met was something different. I came to realize that the Army is only enjoyed by the commission officers. The other ranks are just labourers in military uniform.

Frustration set in. All my plans and dreams are just vanishing before my eyes. I have attempted suicide for close to four times. And the thought is still overwhelming. I feel like run away from the Army and follow my dreams because being the Army is doing more harm than good. Pls advice me.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by taylor89(m): 7:35pm On Mar 20, 2018
Hmmm

Bro i feel ur pain and i know 90% of those in the Army was due to unemployment

Now I've two questions to ask theee...

Are you among those that killed the armless IPOB agitators?

Are you in the military to intimate the civilians?

If non of the above then God will hear your cry

If you are involved in the number one above then there's a thunder currently drinking dry gin in Ejigbo waiting to do the needful

If you are free my only advice for you is to find a way and shoot BUHARI and run away

You will be handsomely rewarded here on earth and in heaven

Thanks

284 Likes 30 Shares

Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by SamgoldBaba: 7:35pm On Mar 20, 2018
Resign and chase your dream

17 Likes

Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by Papiikush: 7:36pm On Mar 20, 2018
I will like to type what I had in mind but... You be soldier. No worry

21 Likes

Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by ameri9ja: 7:41pm On Mar 20, 2018
LEAVE NOW, THROUGH HOOK OR CROOK.
While u still young. Or you'll soon settle into a comfort zone and you'll use false rationalizations to excuse an unhappy choice.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by LifeIsGuhd(f): 7:45pm On Mar 20, 2018
Papiikush:
I will like to type what I had in mind but... You be soldier. No worry

Type na...

You dey fear? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by Papiikush: 7:49pm On Mar 20, 2018
LifeIsGuhd:

Type na...

You dey fear? cheesy

That's how we go hear say Papikush was killed by a military guy.

Nairalanders will say 'Na God catch am' grin

54 Likes

Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by EmmaJohn12345: 7:52pm On Mar 20, 2018
Bro.... I joined the Army with the hope of sponsoring myself to school... I have never had the thought of molesting anybody nor intimidating people. And God can bear me witness that I have never shed an innocent blood.... I have only served in maiduguri and presently serving in kaduna.
taylor89:
Hmmm

If you are involved in the number one above then there's a thunder currently drinking dry gin in Ejigbo waiting to do the needful

If you are free my only advice for you is to find a way and shoot BUHARI and run away

Thanks

55 Likes

Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by taylor89(m): 7:53pm On Mar 20, 2018
SamgoldBaba:
Resign and chase your dream

The worst is the country he's fighting for doesn't care about him in life and death

Oga carry your two left legs commot from the Army

53 Likes

Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by EmmaJohn12345: 7:54pm On Mar 20, 2018
Thank you bro
ameri9ja:
LEAVE NOW, THROUGH HOOK OR CROOK.
While u still young. Or you'll soon settle into a comfort zone and you'll use false rationalizations to excuse an unhappy choice.

1 Like

Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by taylor89(m): 7:55pm On Mar 20, 2018
EmmaJohn12345:
Bro.... I joined the Army with the hope of sponsoring myself to school... I have never had the thought of molesting anybody nor intimidating people. And God can bear me witness that I have never shed an innocent blood.... I have only served in maiduguri and presently serving in kaduna.

Oga officer run for your dear life with your two slippers on your hand before Shekau and APC Nigeria Ltd locates you

I rather die on top of woman in a hotel with my Diick standing erect than die as a soldier

I love you bro

104 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by EmmaJohn12345: 8:02pm On Mar 20, 2018
Thank you bro
taylor89:

Oga officer run for your dear life with your two slippers on your hand before Shekau and APC Nigeria Ltd locates you

I rather die on top of woman in a hotel with my Diick standing erect than die as a soldier

I love you bro

8 Likes

Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by BiafranBushBoy: 8:06pm On Mar 20, 2018
Just resign. It is gonna be tough for the first few years, but it will all end in smiles.

27 Likes

Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by Nutase: 8:21pm On Mar 20, 2018
Follow your heart but remember the grass us not always greener on the other side.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by code101: 8:29pm On Mar 20, 2018
A friend of mine was in the Army some years back and just in thesame shoe as you he was to further his study and because a professional scientist, it was tough because it was his father that made him join the army. Anyway he wrote JAMB and took study leave, graduated after five years and go back to the army to tender resignation they stress him small but he use health issue as reason, as God would have it he is free now, he now work as a web developer. So please don't take your life........ I wrote all this convince that it is possible, goodluck.

132 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by LifeIsGuhd(f): 8:32pm On Mar 20, 2018
Papiikush:

That's how we go talk say Papikush was killed my a military guy.

Nairalanders will say 'Na God catch am' grin

Lmaooo cheesy cheesy

We go send representatives for the burial sef

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by Papiikush: 8:35pm On Mar 20, 2018
LifeIsGuhd:

Lmaooo cheesy cheesy

We go send representatives for the burial sef

Kia... I have suffered on this nairaland

3 Likes

Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by EmmaJohn12345: 8:44pm On Mar 20, 2018
Amen.... Thank you very much smiley
BiafranBushBoy:
Just resign. It is gonna be tough for the first few years, but it will all end in smiles.

1 Like

Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by EmmaJohn12345: 8:45pm On Mar 20, 2018
Am inspired bro. Thank you very much.
code101:
A friend of mine was in the Army some years back and just in thesame shoe as you he was to further his study and because a professional scientist, it was tough because it was his father that made him join the army. Anyway he wrote JAMB and took study leave, graduated after five years and go back to the army to tender resignation they stress him small but he use health issue as reason, as God would have it he is free now, he now work as a web developer. So please don't take your life........ I wrote all this convince that it is possible, goodluck.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by miqos02(m): 10:10pm On Mar 20, 2018
Serve
Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by chinoxstock: 10:11pm On Mar 20, 2018
angry
Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by MetroBaba1(m): 10:12pm On Mar 20, 2018
taylor89:
Hmmm

Thanks

Nemesis oo

8 Likes

Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by MetroBaba1(m): 10:13pm On Mar 20, 2018
taylor89:
Hmmm

Thanks
Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by Nobody: 10:15pm On Mar 20, 2018
EmmaJohn12345:
I never dreamt of being a soldier when I was growing up. My dream was going into showbiz ;majoring in acting. At the age of 12 I was already writing scripts to be acted in our secondary school drama club of which I was always being casted as the lead role because of my level of talent and my ability to improvise when acting on stage. On the long run, I was only able to finish my secondary education and things went south.

I ended up in the army 2012. Initially I thought I would be able to come to the Army and sponsor my education but loo and behold what I met was something different. I came to realize that the Army is only enjoyed by the commission officers. The other ranks are just labourers in military uniform.

Frustration set in. All my plans and dreams are just vanishing before my eyes. I have attempted suicide for close to four times. And the thought is still overwhelming. I feel like run away from the Army and follow my dreams because being the Army is doing more harm than good. Pls advice me.

1: Don't Join BokoHaram
2: there is not way out
3: let's hear what dis below me gat to say grin
Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by LesbianBoy(m): 10:15pm On Mar 20, 2018
Baba no lie you dey fear make dem no carry you go kano lipsrsealed
Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by Damfostopper(m): 10:15pm On Mar 20, 2018
Hmmmmmm life anagaga.... the same army I want to join via dssc

2 Likes

Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by BecaciaBarbie(f): 10:18pm On Mar 20, 2018
EmmaJohn12345:
Just secondary school certificate and you can type and construct a good sentence...please just further your education and drop that uniform. Really, not everyone is destined to be a fighter...do it now before it is too late.

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by doyinbaby(f): 10:18pm On Mar 20, 2018
How would you sustain yourself. Before you find your feet....

6 Likes

Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by stonecoldcafe: 10:20pm On Mar 20, 2018
EmmaJohn12345:

Shhh! Don't let out further details about yourself here before person find you go your location. Why not quietly resign abi military man nor dey resign?

28 Likes

Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by Gangster1ms: 10:20pm On Mar 20, 2018
Leave the army noni
Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by akeentech(m): 10:21pm On Mar 20, 2018
Leave the army and join me in online business. You won't spend more than 2k
Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by Kylekent59: 10:21pm On Mar 20, 2018
What a predicament.

Mr man, believe in yourself. You can do anything you want in this life,just be bold and confident. I can only see a man here who is great and talented but out of frustration, he is lacking hope which has embedded his mind thus sending signals to his heart and brain,thus making him depressed and dejected that he can no longer make it.

All you need is positive thinking.
When ever a man wakes up in the morning, u make your decision either to be happy or sad.

Positive thinking

Believing in yourself

Don't fume or fret

Every problem has a solution.

21 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Interested In Being A Chartered Administrator?Get All Questions Answered Here! / 14 Interview Questions And Their Best Possible Answers / How I Lost My Dream Job Without Collecting 1 Month Salary - Meme Collection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.